The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Old 08-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #576
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Default Re: X-Men - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
Sarah was already her mom, so I'm just very confused about what the point of this was and what exactly was changed.
This is me in the sense that the change doesnt make much sense. Why bother?

Old 08-09-2018, 04:49 PM   #577
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sarah was already her mom, so I'm just very confused about what the point of this was and what exactly was changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
This is me in the sense that the change doesnt make much sense. Why bother?
thats whats puzzling bc this retcon just seems pointless. As mentioned, her being a clone is significant to the plotline of her current solo series. I didnt read it, but apparently she suffered from clone degenerative disease in the future which was Taylor's last arc on ANW, so he being the one to write this makes even less sense

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:12 AM   #578
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Kings and Queen is another meh story arc. Blue has been slacking. At this point, I'm just tired of Magneto and the o5 really needs to go away. I haven't read #33 but that and Extermination just feel like another story set in the future. Not eXciting.

X-Men Begin (2022) • X-Men Here We Go Again (2024) • Avengers v X-Men (2025)

X-Men Revolution (2026) • X-Men Legacy (2028) • Uncanny Avengers (2028) • X-Men Order of the Phoenix (2030)
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #579
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Okay, I read Adamantium Agenda and it jogged a memory --

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I think we've always knows Laura wasn't a clone exactly. All the previous clones weren't viable until Sarah Kinney mixed Logan's DNA with her own and gave birth to her herself. Wasn't that in one of the previous X23 minis? I'm pretty sure it was...

Old 08-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #580
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think we've always knows Laura wasn't a clone exactly. All the previous clones weren't viable until Sarah Kinney mixed Logan's DNA with her own and gave birth to her herself. Wasn't that in one of the previous X23 minis? I'm pretty sure it was...

No. Logan's Y chromosome was damaged so Sarah duplicated his X, hence why Laura was female. That was in her first mini. Nearly 100% of her DNA came from Logan. She wasnt technically a clone only in the fact that her gender was different, hence she wasnt an exact copy. For all intents and purposes she was though bc everything used to create her came from him. Adamantium Agenda didnt explain the retcon but the implication here is that Sarah used her X chromosome instead of Logan's. That was never the case before. Any bit of Sarah's DNA that was in Laura was the miniscule amount thats transfered from being a surrogate that carried her

Old 08-10-2018, 01:16 PM   #581
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Quote:

Why did I also think this? I thought Sarah's DNA patched up some of Logan's damaged parts all along.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #582
Havok83
Side-Kick

Im worried that Taylor's name isnt attached to this which makes me think Red is ending with #12 and he will be off the X-books

eta: from Marvel
Quote:
Last month at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Comics announced that UNCANNY X-MEN would return this fall. Today, the creative team was officially announced as well as an official release date for UNCANNY X-MEN #1 -- Wednesday, November 14. The new ongoing series is jam-packed with X-talent -- all the writers and artists have previously worked on X-Men characters and stories and will be teaming up for more mutant mayhem!

UNCANNY X-MEN will launch with a 10-part weekly epic called "Disassembled." Where the series goes from there depends on who is left standing! In this "epic tale of mystery and tragic disappearance," every remaining mutant on the planet will come together in "an adventure so Earth-shattering, it could very well be the X-Men’s FINAL mission!" With stakes this high, it will take an extraordinary team to tell this story.

Writers Ed Brisson (EXTERMINATION), Kelly Thompson (MR. AND MRS. X), and Matthew Rosenberg (PHOENIX RESURRECTION, ASTONISHING X-MEN) will join the equally X-perienced artistic team of Mahmud Asrar (X-MEN RED), R.B. Silva (X-MEN BLUE), Yildiray Cinar (WEAPON X), and Pere Perez (ROGUE AND GAMBIT). Leinil Frances Yu will provide artwork for the covers.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=55408261
What an AMAZING creative team. Those 10 weeks will be epic

Last edited by Havok83; 08-10-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #583
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Why did I also think this? I thought Sarah's DNA patched up some of Logan's damaged parts all along.
Im going to have to go back and read because im not sure we are wrong.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #584
Havok83
Side-Kick

Eta

Old 08-10-2018, 06:27 PM   #585
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Marvel and the X-Office really got this one right. Uncanny is returning as the undisputed flagship and a complete game changer. The talent that worked so hard make Resurrexion great is being rewarded in a great way. I am really excited for this team, particularly Thompson and Asrar. I REALLY wished Taylor was attached, what's going on there? I hope Disassembled brings the same energy and excitement that Avengers: No Surrender brought because that event was a blast.

This info leads to a bunch of new mysteries. What do they mean by "every remaining mutant on the planet"? This sounds a little too much like the Utopia years. Why name this after the controversial Avengers storyline? Will everyone in the promo art play a role in this? I'm a little concerned about using death to make something high-stakes. Notably, the O5 are gone.

I'm not convinced that Red is ending, or that it will be the only title to end. Avengers: No Surrender brought all the teams from different books together, with all of these titles on pause. Everything was cancelled to make room for the Fresh Start. I think either Red, Astonishing, Mr. and Mrs X, etc will either all continue to be published or none will during these ten weeks. Considering Rosenberg got just Astonishing and MMX just started, I'm thinking everything will continue? They might even add a Young X-men book given the students in that promo that aren't appearing in a book.

Edit: Where's Emma?

Last edited by Mad Ones; 08-10-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Mad Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:44 PM   #586
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Marvel and the X-Office really got this one right. Uncanny is returning as the undisputed flagship and a complete game changer. The talent that worked so hard make Resurrexion great is being rewarded in a great way. I am really excited for this team, particularly Thompson and Asrar. I REALLY wished Taylor was attached, what's going on there? I hope Disassembled brings the same energy and excitement that Avengers: No Surrender brought because that event was a blast.

This info leads to a bunch of new mysteries. What do they mean by "every remaining mutant on the planet"? This sounds a little too much like the Utopia years. Why name this after the controversial Avengers storyline? Will everyone in the promo art play a role in this? I'm a little concerned about using death to make something high-stakes. Notably, the O5 are gone.

I'm not convinced that Red is ending, or that it will be the only title to end. Avengers: No Surrender brought all the teams from different books together, with all of these titles on pause. Everything was cancelled to make room for the Fresh Start. I think either Red, Astonishing, Mr. and Mrs X, etc will either all continue to be published or none will during these ten weeks. Considering Rosenberg got just Astonishing and MMX just started, I'm thinking everything will continue? They might even add a Young X-men book given the students in that promo that aren't appearing in a book.

Edit: Where's Emma?
I think we will get new X books launched out of this when the 10 parter is done. I definitely think Red is done for though. I just realized that we will have had Extermination and this story will have ended by the time Red finishes its first story arc. The book is really slow and it looks like the X-world is moving forward with it stuck in the past. Namor is in solicits for the Avengers which kind of contradicts Red, implying he's no longer with the X-men, which this teaser image seemingly confirms. Red has a definitive status quo and Uncanny seems so different that I have to think that Red is ending.

Emma is a villian, not an X-men. Thats how Black describes her and its what White prefers. Just my guest, but I think Apocalypse will be the Big Bad of Uncanny and Emma will appear as a villian either on her own or as a Horseman

I think the kids will be used as cannon fodder

Old 08-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #587
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

It's so bizarre that after nearly a decade of being a high-profile X-man and Headmistress that Marvel can simply consider Emma a "villain." She's not even written as a villain right now. The O5 protected her against Magneto, she's asking Iceman for help in his solo, and her X-men Black issue will be about her taking on the Hellfire Club. I think her absence is weird af.

Killing off the students is literally the least creative thing they could do.

X-men Red is pretty self-contained. If it's done then at least it's telling a great and accessible story.

Apocalypse makes sense since he's being built up by Black but he's been a meh villain for decades now.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:17 PM   #588
Havok83
Side-Kick

Well the current X-editor only took over late last year and he’s made several comments about viewing Emma as a villian and doesn’t look too fondly on her time as an Xman. We’ve seen several times where editorial dictates that direction of the characters regardless of if it makes sense or not. He’s said the same of Magneto hence the heel switch and I don’t think that makes sense for him either

Old 08-11-2018, 01:28 AM   #589
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I love love love the cover for Uncanny X-Men! Reminds me of those iconic covers where they tried to include every X-Men from the start to the present. Though I wish the students that never got a X-Man status weren't included, like Shark Girl, Anole, Hellion, Dust, Genesis to name a few. Also why are Polaris, Northstar in the far back? It also lacks Armor, Ink, Pyro and Cecilia Reyes who all appeared in recent issues.

Anyway, love all the iconic X-Men are back in 1 issue - Storm, Jean, Rogue, Psylocke, Jubilee, Kitty, Dazzler, Polaris, Gambit, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Havok, Forge, Banshee. I love thatSunfire isn't forgotten. No original five, Bloodstorm, Hudson, Magneto, Wolverine and oml.

Can't wait. I'm so done with Blue/Red/Gold. Bring back the tandem of Uncanny/Astonishing/Adjectiveless!

X-Men Revolution (2026) • X-Men Legacy (2028) • Uncanny Avengers (2028) • X-Men Order of the Phoenix (2030)
Old 08-11-2018, 01:40 AM   #590
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I love love love the cover for Uncanny X-Men! Reminds me of those iconic covers where they tried to include every X-Men from the start to the present. Though I wish the students that never got a X-Man status weren't included, like Shark Girl, Anole, Hellion, Dust, Genesis to name a few. Also why are Polaris, Northstar in the far back? It also lacks Armor, Ink, Pyro and Cecilia Reyes who all appeared in recent issues.

Anyway, love all the iconic X-Men are back in 1 issue - Storm, Jean, Rogue, Psylocke, Jubilee, Kitty, Dazzler, Polaris, Gambit, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Havok, Forge, Banshee. I love thatSunfire isn't forgotten. No original five, Bloodstorm, Hudson, Magneto, Wolverine and oml.

Can't wait. I'm so done with Blue/Red/Gold. Bring back the tandem of Uncanny/Astonishing/Adjectiveless!
Its not a cover; its just a teaser image. With the exception of Shark Girl, all those characters you listed were actual X-men

Old 08-11-2018, 01:48 AM   #591
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Hmm I don't remember Multiple Man, Shatterstar, Eye boy, Mercury, Dust, Hellion, Glob, Genesis, Oya and Rockslide officially being upgraded to a X-Man status despite helping in some missions.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:26 AM   #592
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hmm I don't remember Multiple Man, Shatterstar, Eye boy, Mercury, Dust, Hellion, Glob, Genesis, Oya and Rockslide officially being upgraded to a X-Man status despite helping in some missions.
I said with the exception of Shark Girl, all the characters you listed were X-men. You didnt list any of thew characters before. And yes Mercury, Dust, Hellion, Glob, Genesis, Oya and Rockslide were X-men

Old 08-11-2018, 04:03 PM   #593
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

sigh, a ten week event.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #594
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I said with the exception of Shark Girl, all the characters you listed were X-men. You didnt list any of thew characters before. And yes Mercury, Dust, Hellion, Glob, Genesis, Oya and Rockslide were X-men
They are still in training status. Just because they got to join a mission, doesn't mean they were already upgraded. Out of the students, Armor, Pixie and recently Gentle only got a status upgrade.

While I don't really consider All New X-Men vol. 2 as they were operating just by themselves.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:21 AM   #595
Havok83
Side-Kick

It doesnt get any more official than the undisputed leader of the X-men declaring you as such and using you in that capacity numerous times over the course of a few years. You may not want to consider them X-men but Marvel certainly did

An ANX were definteily X-men. They were the original X-men. They didnt lose their status just bc they were operating by themselves. I dont see whats the difference between that and when Prof X faked his death and they were on their own in the 60s

Old 08-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #596
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Maybe they need to show actual graduation ceremonies to end the confusion.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:34 AM   #597
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe they need to show actual graduation ceremonies to end the confusion.
we've even had those

Old 08-12-2018, 12:43 PM   #598
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I musta missed it.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:49 PM   #599
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I musta missed it.
No worries. Marvel apparently missed it too. Quentin Quire graduated in that issue yet they had him back again as a student with the new class in the recent Gen X series. Every time Marvel elevates these characters, they proceed to hit the reset button with them which is why we get confusion like this

Old 08-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #600
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

There may be a difference between a class graduation and one that puts you on a team for real.