The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Old 08-07-2018, 08:12 PM   #476
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

What's wrong with another rising star getting the part? You could actually like her if you gave her a chance, Kelly. Just a thought.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #477
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

That is why I said Skyler Samuels?

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #478
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

No, I mean someone you don't know yet. Not some actress you're already a fan of, but someone new.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:18 PM   #479
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

They would have to make some slam bang trailers, and massive word of mouth like Wonder Woman, because I wasn't impressed with Gadot in BvS (not really her fault). And it was the word of mouth that got me to the movie theater.....so I would see this one being the same. But, as I said, if Skyer Samuels took on the part, it would certainly get the first Sunday afternoon viewing from me. It took 2 weeks for Wonder Woman to get my ticket.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 08-07-2018, 08:19 PM   #480
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Gotcha. And I was with you on Gadot (though I still saw that opening weekend because it's what I do, lol). Well I'm personally hoping for a Supergirl who WON'T be in her late 20's by the time this movie kicks into gear, because the character ought to be a teenager, imo.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:50 PM   #481
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

And I suppose I missed the point where fans of these comic book franchises stopped embracing the concept of a multiverse and multiple people playing different versions of characters.

Sure, Benoist is a fine actress is all, but like with Gustin, and even with different interpretations of Batman, Selina Kyle, Superman, Spider-Man and so on, I welcome a different actor to bring a different take on the character. But hey, I suppose people glued to Benoist are more than welcome to superimpose her face onto whoever plays the big screen version of Supergirl throughout the entire film. More power to you, I guess.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:36 AM   #482
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
And I suppose I missed the point where fans of these comic book franchises stopped embracing the concept of a multiverse and multiple people playing different versions of characters.

Sure, Benoist is a fine actress is all, but like with Gustin, and even with different interpretations of Batman, Selina Kyle, Superman, Spider-Man and so on, I welcome a different actor to bring a different take on the character. But hey, I suppose people glued to Benoist are more than welcome to superimpose her face onto whoever plays the big screen version of Supergirl throughout the entire film. More power to you, I guess.
You and I are on the same page

Old 08-08-2018, 07:25 AM   #483
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

For a Supergirl movie, I'm ready for a younger and more inexperienced version of Supergirl. A teenaged version rather than someone who is an adult and working.

I hope they get someone who has a certain innocence about her, and not too street smart or like a modern day teen who grew up in the US.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:07 AM   #484
haephestus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
For a Supergirl movie, I'm ready for a younger and more inexperienced version of Supergirl. A teenaged version rather than someone who is an adult and working.

I hope they get someone who has a certain innocence about her, and not too street smart or like a modern day teen who grew up in the US.
I agree. I’d like it to really double down on the trauma associated with Kara’s entire planet - her culture, town, house, friends and family - wiped from existence. The fact that she was sent to Earth with a mission to protect her baby cousin, only to discover that was entirely unnecessary because he was the protector of the entire world. And just all of the societal and cultural issues associated with the challenges of trying to fit in with humans and/ or live up to the ridiculously high standard set by Superman.

I don’t want it to be all emotional trauma, but I certainly think there are some really interesting aspects of Kara’s origin story which the TV series has mostly glossed over (or just forgotten about / ignored, like her bizarrely subdued reaction to the discovery of Argos and her own mother).

haephestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #485
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post

Am I having deja vu or didn't you already say this?

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 08-10-2018, 07:18 AM   #486
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Heck, I don't even remember where I put my keys a few minutes ago. No idea if I've said this specific statement before.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #487
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

It was just one of those weird feelings like......didn't he just say that....LOL

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 08-10-2018, 08:10 PM   #488
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

So great to hear that we finally have a new SG movie coming! Ideally it will be tied tightly into the Snyder-verse, and I like the idea of using it as a launch pad to reboot Man of Steel. That one could use it, preferebly with Henry Cavil, but a new Supes in the suit wouldn't be so bad either.

As to having two Supergirls 'on screen' at the same time I would have no problem with it. It's easy enough to say that the movie is just a different parallel Earth, if people insist on seeing a problem with it.

As for a plot, I would love for it to have something similar to The Girl from Krypton, but also the New52. I loved angry/angsty Kara, even if I might be in the minority in that. Heck, Cavil could even play Cyborg Superman!

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #489
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post

this.

also, in regards to the worries about having a small screen and big screen version of Kara at the same time...…

by the time the SG film comes out ( if at all ), it would likely be 2-3 years from now. by then, SG tv show will be pushing season 5 or 6 and quite possibly could be looking to wind down. So, there might not even really be a conflict to worry about.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:51 AM   #490
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

IMO, they would have done better to introduce Supergirl through Wonder Woman on the big screen....and then if that went well, her own solo movie. That way, the TV Supergirl would probably have done its 7 year run and there would be far less (it's going to always be there) but far less comparisons. The TV series could finish its run and its time at SDCC and the solo Supergirl movie could move right in....

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 08-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #491
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Why would you introduce Supergirl through Wonder Woman and not Superman?

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #492
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Because you can only have women introducing women nowadays

Old 08-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #493
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
IMO, they would have done better to introduce Supergirl through Wonder Woman on the big screen....and then if that went well, her own solo movie.
Interesting thought. They could still take inspiration from Superman/Batman: The Supergirl from Krypton - I'm thinking of the scenes when Diana trains the young Kara on Themyscira - but have Diana be the one who found her after she first landed (maybe off the coast of Themyscira, instead of in Gotham Harbour).

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:30 PM   #494
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

I just think that Wonder Woman at the moment is the more popular series. I would rather Supergirl be brought in with that popularity...that's all.

And Dr. Lee that is just stupid.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 08-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #495
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

i agree, it's stupid... but look at the way things are these days... the way sectors go mental if they do something that they don't like.... and having Supergirl be a cameo in a Superman movie would be something that sets them off.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:02 PM   #496
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Supergirl in Wonder Woman doesn't make any sense but her in a film eith her actual cousin who us tied into her origins makes all the sense.

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #497
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Because you can only have women introducing women nowadays
Never heard that before!

I would much rather she be introduced through Superman. Or as has been suggested, use her stand-alone as a boost/reboot for MoS in the process.

The Girl from Krypton, but entirely from her perspective.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #498
X Knight
Hope

introducing Supergirl through WW would only make sense, imo, if they had gone with Snyder's prequel comic version of Kara being an ancient ancestor of Superman who crashed on Earth 1000s of years ago. And then expand on that by making Supergirl the origin of the Amazons or tied to the Greek Gods or something.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #499
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Really glad that comic is non canon. Locking Kara into the distant past means she either has to be immortal to be staring in a modern setting or they have to waive the extra-magic wand to pull her from the past into the present.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #500
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Congrats to Melissa on winning the Teen Choice Award for Action TV Actress (again).