The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man and The Wasp

View Poll Results: How much will Ant-Man and the Wasp make worldwide?
Under 300M 2 2.06%
300M-400M 1 1.03%
400M-450M 5 5.15%
450M-500M 3 3.09%
500M-550M 6 6.19%
550M-600M 12 12.37%
600M-650M 21 21.65%
650M-700M 25 25.77%
700M-800M 19 19.59%
Over 800M 3 3.09%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2018, 07:09 AM   #626
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Dunno if we need a third. Let ant man and the wasp be in the avengers and give another character a chance.
Not when Cap, Thor and Iron got their own trilogy. Ant-Man is a smaller character but I don't think they intend to make these solo films just to end with 1 sequel. With Of course, Incredible Hulk as the only exception to this. With the original Wasp returning, that should guarantee another story for the third film. They aren't just gonna feature the other Ant-An film characters in Avenger films.

Anyway, it is just 1 more film. It is not gonna hinder the chances of characters who have yet to get a solo film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I saw it today at a near empty mid day screening. It's weird because it is summer holidays in the UK and plenty of kids were about but none of them were at my Ant-Man & Wasp screening. Seemed like most kids were going to see Teen Titans or The Incredibles 2 or Hotel Transylvania
Or Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again along with their mum.

X-Men Begin (2022) • X-Men Here We Go Again (2024) • Avengers v X-Men (2025)

X-Men Revolution (2026) • X-Men Legacy (2028) • Uncanny Avengers (2028) • X-Men Order of the Phoenix (2030)
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:10 AM   #627
Iceman
Infinity War!

That would certainly be a step up in the action stakes.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:12 AM   #628
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

This is also their first franchise lead or co-lead by a female superhero. The budget for the Ant-Man movies is also rather modest. I think a 3rd film is basically a lock.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:31 AM   #629
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
The Ant-Man movie budgets are already among some Marvel's lowest. Hulk is a CGI character so would probably add to the movies budget a bit. Might be cool if they could get a cameo from RDJ's Stark. I think seeing him and Hank finally interact would be cool.

I think if they do a third movie then it should be a spring release.

They should use some more popular villains. Yellowjacket and Ghost were ok but not really buzz generating villains. Personally I think they should go all out with A.I.M as villains. Yellow beekeeper suits, giant mechs, hi-tech guns, jets, ect. The full works. Go crazy science fiction with it.
I’d go with Porcupine in the sequel.

The FANTASTIC 4 are home.
Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #630
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Armadillo!!!

Old 08-07-2018, 06:34 PM   #631
FlareKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
This is also their first franchise lead or co-lead by a female superhero. The budget for the Ant-Man movies is also rather modest. I think a 3rd film is basically a lock.
Yeah, I'd expect a third film. They know what the profit expectation for these films are and can keep the budget reasonable. Another chance to let the Wasp shine and have some comedic fun with this duo makes sense to me. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if they still have more in mind with the quantum realm and want to use this franchise as a vehicle to continue developing that.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:44 PM   #632
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Armadillo!!!
Crunchy on the outside soft in the middle.

Lilbaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:46 PM   #633
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Not when Cap, Thor and Iron got their own trilogy. Ant-Man is a smaller character but I don't think they intend to make these solo films just to end with 1 sequel. With Of course, Incredible Hulk as the only exception to this. With the original Wasp returning, that should guarantee another story for the third film. They aren't just gonna feature the other Ant-An film characters in Avenger films.

Anyway, it is just 1 more film. It is not gonna hinder the chances of characters who have yet to get a solo film.

Or Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again along with their mum.
I'm not adverse to a new film, enjoyed the first two. Just not sure what they can do with a third to keep it fresh and bring the ga to see it.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:50 PM   #634
InCali
I got a pUpgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOldGuy View Post
Hey they’d look a lot healthier now if you Brits could peel your eyes away from Mama flippin’ Mia! Seriously, $52 million, up 50% over the original at the same point right now? What’s up with that?
This is all on Ice....his fault...end of discussion.

www.cloudvistas.com
InCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:09 PM   #635
ultradog
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think the 3rd film would be a lock, for any studio other than Marvel right now. Every other studio is struggling for more money making ideas, while Ant-Man is only the 9th most successful franchise for the MCU, out of 10, in 10 years. The 10th (Hulk) stopped at one movie.

While it's certainly possible that they have, or will develop, big plans for a threequel, I think it depends on what Feige has going on in his mind already. And he hasn't divulged much of what's happening beyond 2019 at all, so we shouldn't pretend to know. It may well depend on how fast he wants to introduce the X-Men and FF.

I'm sure they think they can make a profitable AM3, but why bother if they think they can make much more from multiple other new franchises? If they do AM3, I think it will be more of an ensemble or at least a team-up film, like the other threequels so far have been, all except Iron Man which needed no such help to make a billion.

ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:38 PM   #636
InCali
I got a pUpgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradog View Post
I think the 3rd film would be a lock, for any studio other than Marvel right now. Every other studio is struggling for more money making ideas, while Ant-Man is only the 9th most successful franchise for the MCU, out of 10, in 10 years. The 10th (Hulk) stopped at one movie.

While it's certainly possible that they have, or will develop, big plans for a threequel, I think it depends on what Feige has going on in his mind already. And he hasn't divulged much of what's happening beyond 2019 at all, so we shouldn't pretend to know. It may well depend on how fast he wants to introduce the X-Men and FF.

I'm sure they think they can make a profitable AM3, but why bother if they think they can make much more from multiple other new franchises? If they do AM3, I think it will be more of an ensemble or at least a team-up film, like the other threequels so far have been, all except Iron Man which needed no such help to make a billion.
Because it might set up the narrative for the ongoing storyline. It's not clear to me that AM3 would be a minus and cause other, more profitable, movies to be made. Think overall...not 1 move. Might be an ensemble; might not. Agree WRT what Feige has going on in his mind (or what him and his braintrust come up with).

My bet would be on an AM3 and I hope I'm right. I really like Lilly in this role (much better than being an Elf who never existed ).

www.cloudvistas.com
InCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #637
ultradog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post
Because it might set up the narrative for the ongoing storyline.
Absolutely. AM&TW did have that essential bit at the end connecting it to Avengers 4 and a larger role for Ant-Man in that. AM3 would need to be even a bigger part of the bigger picture for it to be worthwhile. They're not just going to make "Ant-Man & The Wasp Have a Larva" like another studio would

ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:08 PM   #638
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Absolutely. AM&TW did have that essential bit at the end connecting it to Avengers 4 and a larger role for Ant-Man in that. AM3 would need to be even a bigger part of the bigger picture for it to be worthwhile. They're not just going to make "Ant-Man & The Wasp Have a Larva" like another studio would
Why not? Why would it need to be essential to a future Avengers movie to exist? Guardians 2 wasn't essential to IW. Not every MCU film really has been overtly essential to the saga up to this point. But what I do know is A&W will be protifable for the studio (even if not the highest money maker) and will possibly get a post Avengers 4 bump. It is a safer option than something like Eternals, which has only the MCU name brand alone...which is less than an Ant-Man 3 does.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:53 PM   #639
Speed Force
Your phone's charged

I could definitely see Ant-Man 3 getting a bump from Avengers 4, depending on what kinda role he has in it.

I'm a huge fan of both films in this franchise and I'd be ecstatic for a third one.

Personally, I think we're getting Guardians 3, Widow and Dr. Strange 2 in 2020 and Black Panther 2, Ant-Man 3 and The Eternals in 2021.

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #640
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
I could definitely see Ant-Man 3 getting a bump from Avengers 4, depending on what kinda role he has in it.

I'm a huge fan of both films in this franchise and I'd be ecstatic for a third one.

Personally, I think we're getting Guardians 3, Widow and Dr. Strange 2 in 2020 and Black Panther 2, Ant-Man 3 and The Eternals in 2021.
They could go mad and make an adam warlock film. I'd watch that.

Old 08-08-2018, 05:44 AM   #641
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

I think they could really shake things up with a third Ant-Man movie like they did with Thor Ragnarok.

Take the characters out of the San Francisco setting might help breathe a little fresh life into the franchise. Perhaps make a globetrotting movie with the Ant-Man and Wasp crew battling A.I.M across various different locations.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:06 AM   #642
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I can picture Am3 squeezing another Avenger in a major or supporting role.

X-Men Begin (2022) • X-Men Here We Go Again (2024) • Avengers v X-Men (2025)

X-Men Revolution (2026) • X-Men Legacy (2028) • Uncanny Avengers (2028) • X-Men Order of the Phoenix (2030)
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:46 AM   #643
BaronZemo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Avsolutely not. One of tbe biggest successes of the Mcu is the ability tp juggle standalone stories among humongous imtercnnected events. Ant-man doesnt need an Avemgers connection to exist, thats a seriously limited way of thinking

Old 08-08-2018, 11:27 AM   #644
FlareKnight
Side-Kick

I know nothing for certain anyways. Didn't expect Ant-Man to get a sequel in the first place. Thought they were simply introducing him and his cast of characters and they'd pop up in other MCU movies as time went on. Instead we got this one. At the very least I expect to see more of Ant-Man and the Wasp in the MCU going forward. They should be part of the next group of heroes sticking around post Avengers 4 and could be used in different ways.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #645
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

I could see Nick Fury and Maria Hill popping up in the sequel if they want to continue the Shield connection.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #646
rayc1971
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think they could really shake things up with a third Ant-Man movie like they did with Thor Ragnarok.

Take the characters out of the San Francisco setting might help breathe a little fresh life into the franchise. Perhaps make a globetrotting movie with the Ant-Man and Wasp crew battling A.I.M across various different locations.
that would be a good idea take them on the road for a adventure

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #647
Tcmjuk87
Side-Kick

What about a 3rd film called: "Ant-Man, Wasp & Goliath"

Tcmjuk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #648
SomeOldGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcmjuk87 View Post
What about a 3rd film called: "Ant-Man, Wasp & Goliath"
I say go all the way with Ant-Man & Friends. You have Ant-Man, Pym dons the Yellowjacket suit, both the new and original Wasps, Goliath, Ghost and all their wacky Antourage pals!

SomeOldGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #649
SomeOldGuy
Side-Kick

Total through yesterday: $199,470,344. So while we don’t have an official number for today yet, it’s passed 200 domestic.

SomeOldGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:52 AM   #650
rayc1971
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOldGuy View Post
Total through yesterday: $199,470,344. So while we don’t have an official number for today yet, it’s passed 200 domestic.
all the doom and gloom trolls are silent now!

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote