The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man and The Wasp

View Poll Results: How much will Ant-Man and the Wasp make worldwide?
Under 300M 2 2.06%
300M-400M 1 1.03%
400M-450M 5 5.15%
450M-500M 3 3.09%
500M-550M 6 6.19%
550M-600M 12 12.37%
600M-650M 21 21.65%
650M-700M 25 25.77%
700M-800M 19 19.59%
Over 800M 3 3.09%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2018, 07:09 AM   #626
psylockolussus
Fierce User
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion
Posts: 35,885
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Dunno if we need a third. Let ant man and the wasp be in the avengers and give another character a chance.
Not when Cap, Thor and Iron got their own trilogy. Ant-Man is a smaller character but I don't think they intend to make these solo films just to end with 1 sequel. With Of course, Incredible Hulk as the only exception to this. With the original Wasp returning, that should guarantee another story for the third film. They aren't just gonna feature the other Ant-An film characters in Avenger films.

Anyway, it is just 1 more film. It is not gonna hinder the chances of characters who have yet to get a solo film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I saw it today at a near empty mid day screening. It's weird because it is summer holidays in the UK and plenty of kids were about but none of them were at my Ant-Man & Wasp screening. Seemed like most kids were going to see Teen Titans or The Incredibles 2 or Hotel Transylvania
Or Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again along with their mum.

__________________
Marvel Stud10s' P H A $ E X

X-Men Begin (2022) • X-Men Here We Go Again (2024) • Avengers v X-Men (2025)

X-Men Revolution (2026) • X-Men Legacy (2028) • Uncanny Avengers (2028) • X-Men Order of the Phoenix (2030)
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:10 AM   #627
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,785
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

That would certainly be a step up in the action stakes.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,452 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:12 AM   #628
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 48,551
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

This is also their first franchise lead or co-lead by a female superhero. The budget for the Ant-Man movies is also rather modest. I think a 3rd film is basically a lock.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:31 AM   #629
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 13,101
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
The Ant-Man movie budgets are already among some Marvel's lowest. Hulk is a CGI character so would probably add to the movies budget a bit. Might be cool if they could get a cameo from RDJ's Stark. I think seeing him and Hank finally interact would be cool.

I think if they do a third movie then it should be a spring release.

They should use some more popular villains. Yellowjacket and Ghost were ok but not really buzz generating villains. Personally I think they should go all out with A.I.M as villains. Yellow beekeeper suits, giant mechs, hi-tech guns, jets, ect. The full works. Go crazy science fiction with it.
I’d go with Porcupine in the sequel.

__________________
AQUAMAN
**December 21, 2018**

The FANTASTIC 4 are home.
Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #630
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 48,551
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Armadillo!!!

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:34 PM   #631
FlareKnight
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 207
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
This is also their first franchise lead or co-lead by a female superhero. The budget for the Ant-Man movies is also rather modest. I think a 3rd film is basically a lock.
Yeah, I'd expect a third film. They know what the profit expectation for these films are and can keep the budget reasonable. Another chance to let the Wasp shine and have some comedic fun with this duo makes sense to me. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if they still have more in mind with the quantum realm and want to use this franchise as a vehicle to continue developing that.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:44 PM   #632
Lilbaz
Side-Kick
 
Lilbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,668
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Armadillo!!!
Crunchy on the outside soft in the middle.

Lilbaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:46 PM   #633
Lilbaz
Side-Kick
 
Lilbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,668
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Not when Cap, Thor and Iron got their own trilogy. Ant-Man is a smaller character but I don't think they intend to make these solo films just to end with 1 sequel. With Of course, Incredible Hulk as the only exception to this. With the original Wasp returning, that should guarantee another story for the third film. They aren't just gonna feature the other Ant-An film characters in Avenger films.

Anyway, it is just 1 more film. It is not gonna hinder the chances of characters who have yet to get a solo film.



Or Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again along with their mum.
I'm not adverse to a new film, enjoyed the first two. Just not sure what they can do with a third to keep it fresh and bring the ga to see it.

Lilbaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:50 PM   #634
InCali
I got a pUpgrade!
 
InCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: In Cali
Posts: 8,520
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOldGuy View Post
Hey they’d look a lot healthier now if you Brits could peel your eyes away from Mama flippin’ Mia! Seriously, $52 million, up 50% over the original at the same point right now? What’s up with that?
This is all on Ice....his fault...end of discussion.

__________________
Home Theater: Acer H9500BD 3D Projector; Elite 120" 16:9 Screen; Sony BDPS5200 3D Blu-ray player; Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Surround System

www.cloudvistas.com
InCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:09 PM   #635
ultradog
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 225
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
This is also their first franchise lead or co-lead by a female superhero. The budget for the Ant-Man movies is also rather modest. I think a 3rd film is basically a lock.
I think the 3rd film would be a lock, for any studio other than Marvel right now. Every other studio is struggling for more money making ideas, while Ant-Man is only the 9th most successful franchise for the MCU, out of 10, in 10 years. The 10th (Hulk) stopped at one movie.

While it's certainly possible that they have, or will develop, big plans for a threequel, I think it depends on what Feige has going on in his mind already. And he hasn't divulged much of what's happening beyond 2019 at all, so we shouldn't pretend to know. It may well depend on how fast he wants to introduce the X-Men and FF.

I'm sure they think they can make a profitable AM3, but why bother if they think they can make much more from multiple other new franchises? If they do AM3, I think it will be more of an ensemble or at least a team-up film, like the other threequels so far have been, all except Iron Man which needed no such help to make a billion.

ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:38 PM   #636
InCali
I got a pUpgrade!
 
InCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: In Cali
Posts: 8,520
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradog View Post
I think the 3rd film would be a lock, for any studio other than Marvel right now. Every other studio is struggling for more money making ideas, while Ant-Man is only the 9th most successful franchise for the MCU, out of 10, in 10 years. The 10th (Hulk) stopped at one movie.

While it's certainly possible that they have, or will develop, big plans for a threequel, I think it depends on what Feige has going on in his mind already. And he hasn't divulged much of what's happening beyond 2019 at all, so we shouldn't pretend to know. It may well depend on how fast he wants to introduce the X-Men and FF.

I'm sure they think they can make a profitable AM3, but why bother if they think they can make much more from multiple other new franchises? If they do AM3, I think it will be more of an ensemble or at least a team-up film, like the other threequels so far have been, all except Iron Man which needed no such help to make a billion.
Because it might set up the narrative for the ongoing storyline. It's not clear to me that AM3 would be a minus and cause other, more profitable, movies to be made. Think overall...not 1 move. Might be an ensemble; might not. Agree WRT what Feige has going on in his mind (or what him and his braintrust come up with).

My bet would be on an AM3 and I hope I'm right. I really like Lilly in this role (much better than being an Elf who never existed ).

__________________
Home Theater: Acer H9500BD 3D Projector; Elite 120" 16:9 Screen; Sony BDPS5200 3D Blu-ray player; Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Surround System

www.cloudvistas.com
InCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #637
ultradog
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 225
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post
Because it might set up the narrative for the ongoing storyline.
Absolutely. AM&TW did have that essential bit at the end connecting it to Avengers 4 and a larger role for Ant-Man in that. AM3 would need to be even a bigger part of the bigger picture for it to be worthwhile. They're not just going to make "Ant-Man & The Wasp Have a Larva" like another studio would

ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:08 PM   #638
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 48,551
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradog View Post
Absolutely. AM&TW did have that essential bit at the end connecting it to Avengers 4 and a larger role for Ant-Man in that. AM3 would need to be even a bigger part of the bigger picture for it to be worthwhile. They're not just going to make "Ant-Man & The Wasp Have a Larva" like another studio would
Why not? Why would it need to be essential to a future Avengers movie to exist? Guardians 2 wasn't essential to IW. Not every MCU film really has been overtly essential to the saga up to this point. But what I do know is A&W will be protifable for the studio (even if not the highest money maker) and will possibly get a post Avengers 4 bump. It is a safer option than something like Eternals, which has only the MCU name brand alone...which is less than an Ant-Man 3 does.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:53 PM   #639
Speed Force
Your phone's charged
 
Speed Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10,269
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

I could definitely see Ant-Man 3 getting a bump from Avengers 4, depending on what kinda role he has in it.

I'm a huge fan of both films in this franchise and I'd be ecstatic for a third one.

Personally, I think we're getting Guardians 3, Widow and Dr. Strange 2 in 2020 and Black Panther 2, Ant-Man 3 and The Eternals in 2021.

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #640
Lilbaz
Side-Kick
 
Lilbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,668
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
I could definitely see Ant-Man 3 getting a bump from Avengers 4, depending on what kinda role he has in it.

I'm a huge fan of both films in this franchise and I'd be ecstatic for a third one.

Personally, I think we're getting Guardians 3, Widow and Dr. Strange 2 in 2020 and Black Panther 2, Ant-Man 3 and The Eternals in 2021.
They could go mad and make an adam warlock film. I'd watch that.

Lilbaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:44 AM   #641
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 34,373
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

I think they could really shake things up with a third Ant-Man movie like they did with Thor Ragnarok.

Take the characters out of the San Francisco setting might help breathe a little fresh life into the franchise. Perhaps make a globetrotting movie with the Ant-Man and Wasp crew battling A.I.M across various different locations.

__________________
All aboard the Pork Chop Express!
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:06 AM   #642
psylockolussus
Fierce User
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion
Posts: 35,885
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

I can picture Am3 squeezing another Avenger in a major or supporting role.

__________________
Marvel Stud10s' P H A $ E X

X-Men Begin (2022) • X-Men Here We Go Again (2024) • Avengers v X-Men (2025)

X-Men Revolution (2026) • X-Men Legacy (2028) • Uncanny Avengers (2028) • X-Men Order of the Phoenix (2030)
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:46 AM   #643
BaronZemo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 243
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradog View Post
Absolutely. AM&TW did have that essential bit at the end connecting it to Avengers 4 and a larger role for Ant-Man in that. AM3 would need to be even a bigger part of the bigger picture for it to be worthwhile. They're not just going to make "Ant-Man & The Wasp Have a Larva" like another studio would
Avsolutely not. One of tbe biggest successes of the Mcu is the ability tp juggle standalone stories among humongous imtercnnected events. Ant-man doesnt need an Avemgers connection to exist, thats a seriously limited way of thinking

__________________
The hardest choices require the strongest will
BaronZemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:27 AM   #644
FlareKnight
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 207
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

I know nothing for certain anyways. Didn't expect Ant-Man to get a sequel in the first place. Thought they were simply introducing him and his cast of characters and they'd pop up in other MCU movies as time went on. Instead we got this one. At the very least I expect to see more of Ant-Man and the Wasp in the MCU going forward. They should be part of the next group of heroes sticking around post Avengers 4 and could be used in different ways.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #645
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 34,373
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

I could see Nick Fury and Maria Hill popping up in the sequel if they want to continue the Shield connection.

__________________
All aboard the Pork Chop Express!
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #646
rayc1971
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,278
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I think they could really shake things up with a third Ant-Man movie like they did with Thor Ragnarok.

Take the characters out of the San Francisco setting might help breathe a little fresh life into the franchise. Perhaps make a globetrotting movie with the Ant-Man and Wasp crew battling A.I.M across various different locations.
that would be a good idea take them on the road for a adventure

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #647
Tcmjuk87
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 36
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

What about a 3rd film called: "Ant-Man, Wasp & Goliath"

Tcmjuk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #648
SomeOldGuy
Side-Kick
 
SomeOldGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,614
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcmjuk87 View Post
What about a 3rd film called: "Ant-Man, Wasp & Goliath"
I say go all the way with Ant-Man & Friends. You have Ant-Man, Pym dons the Yellowjacket suit, both the new and original Wasps, Goliath, Ghost and all their wacky Antourage pals!

SomeOldGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #649
SomeOldGuy
Side-Kick
 
SomeOldGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,614
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Total through yesterday: $199,470,344. So while we don’t have an official number for today yet, it’s passed 200 domestic.

SomeOldGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:52 AM   #650
rayc1971
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,278
Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp - Box Office Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOldGuy View Post
Total through yesterday: $199,470,344. So while we don’t have an official number for today yet, it’s passed 200 domestic.
all the doom and gloom trolls are silent now!

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.