The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Aquaman > Aquaman

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2018, 01:03 AM   #301
Slick
Yup
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,359
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

That was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

__________________
Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
2018
Slick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:39 AM   #302
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,831
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Just wanted to share this interesting video I came across. A chance encounter between a sperm whale and a ROV team in deep waters.


That’s cool! I will return the favour


__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:17 AM   #303
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
KRYPTON INC.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 57,243
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

It makes me wonder... Aquaman's control over ocean life, his telepathy, is the one thing we have yet to see from AqaMomoa. We see his strength and invulnerability due to his heritage, we see his power to "fly" underwater, but the most famous power of all hasn't been shown yet, merely alluded to in JL by Batman ("I hear you can talk to fish", which... For all we know before the film was cut to ribbons might have originally had a payoff, but... C'est la vie...) so I ask, why haven't we seen it yet?

Theory: If they aren't going with "Curse of Kordax" as a reason Arthur has kept the power hidden perhaps it's something he needs to master and his mastery will signify the end of his arc in the film? That is he will gain total control of this power when he also learns to accept that he is the rightful King of Atlantis and he must take up that burden?

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #304
dhandler01
This world will fall!
 
dhandler01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,604
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
It makes me wonder... Aquaman's control over ocean life, his telepathy, is the one thing we have yet to see from AqaMomoa. We see his strength and invulnerability due to his heritage, we see his power to "fly" underwater, but the most famous power of all hasn't been shown yet, merely alluded to in JL by Batman ("I hear you can talk to fish", which... For all we know before the film was cut to ribbons might have originally had a payoff, but... C'est la vie...) so I ask, why haven't we seen it yet?

Theory: If they aren't going with "Curse of Kordax" as a reason Arthur has kept the power hidden perhaps it's something he needs to master and his mastery will signify the end of his arc in the film? That is he will gain total control of this power when he also learns to accept that he is the rightful King of Atlantis and he must take up that burden?
In the trailer it appears that young Arthur can talk to fish (he does so in the aquarium) so I dont think it will be the end of his arc. I think there is a reason he doesnt do it.

As for the video of the Sperm Whale...looks like shoddy CGI to me

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Jenkins
The rumor mill of these movies has been quite something to behold. I tried to learn to tune it out but the one thing I want to say to readers because it truly was stunning to me to watch is you truly can’t believe how absolutely false certain things are until you’re on the inside of one these things. You’re like there’s not even kind of where there’s smoke, there’s fire. There is absolutely lies.”
dhandler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:11 PM   #305
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
KRYPTON INC.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 57,243
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
In the trailer it appears that young Arthur can talk to fish (he does so in the aquarium) so I dont think it will be the end of his arc. I think there is a reason he doesnt do it.

As for the video of the Sperm Whale...looks like shoddy CGI to me
Using it and having total control are two things though.

I'm just saying we have yet to see adult Arthur use this power? Why? It would make more sense to give it's absence so far some meaning or dramatic weight.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #306
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King
 
-VisionsVision-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlantis
Posts: 16,090
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Looks like we won't be getting anything new for about 2-3 months.

__________________
AQUAMAN

DECEMBER 2018
-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:26 PM   #307
harlequinade
Little Mermaid
 
harlequinade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Orm's tylosaur
Posts: 11,386
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

I'd say late September for next trailer

__________________
https://letterboxd.com/sati/
https://twitter.com/lady_sati
Protect James Wan's Aquaman at all costs
"My demons are not remotely tackled, they're just mildly concussed"
harlequinade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:00 AM   #308
NotNickFury
Side-Kick
 
NotNickFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SHIELD offsite
Posts: 5,216
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by -VisionsVision- View Post
Looks like we won't be getting anything new for about 2-3 months.
Wan knows how to wet the appetite by keeping folks patient.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:41 AM   #309
dhandler01
This world will fall!
 
dhandler01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,604
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Using it and having total control are two things though.

I'm just saying we have yet to see adult Arthur use this power? Why? It would make more sense to give it's absence so far some meaning or dramatic weight.
I dont think he has total control of it but I think the end of his arc will be something different. We know so little though we could both be right or wrong

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Jenkins
The rumor mill of these movies has been quite something to behold. I tried to learn to tune it out but the one thing I want to say to readers because it truly was stunning to me to watch is you truly can’t believe how absolutely false certain things are until you’re on the inside of one these things. You’re like there’s not even kind of where there’s smoke, there’s fire. There is absolutely lies.”
dhandler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:46 PM   #310
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King
 
-VisionsVision-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlantis
Posts: 16,090
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Wan knows how to wet the appetite by keeping folks patient.
True.

__________________
AQUAMAN

DECEMBER 2018
-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:41 AM   #311
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,831
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

I’m glad there’s going to be no other justice league members in this. Sometimes it gets annoying when you keep having people look at the camera and say “I just got off the phone...with Batman...etc etc”

__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:13 AM   #312
harlequinade
Little Mermaid
 
harlequinade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Orm's tylosaur
Posts: 11,386
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Well that's good to have a confirmation at least I don't have to worry about any desperate "Save DCEU" nonsense popping up

__________________
https://letterboxd.com/sati/
https://twitter.com/lady_sati
Protect James Wan's Aquaman at all costs
"My demons are not remotely tackled, they're just mildly concussed"
harlequinade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:00 AM   #313
Greenlite
is a real person
 
Greenlite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 6,215
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I can watch this man breathe all day

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:01 AM   #314
harlequinade
Little Mermaid
 
harlequinade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Orm's tylosaur
Posts: 11,386
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlite View Post
I can watch this man breathe all day

Greenlite you home-wrecking harlot


he belongs to VisionsVision

__________________
https://letterboxd.com/sati/
https://twitter.com/lady_sati
Protect James Wan's Aquaman at all costs
"My demons are not remotely tackled, they're just mildly concussed"
harlequinade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:43 PM   #315
Greenlite
is a real person
 
Greenlite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 6,215
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
Greenlite you home-wrecking harlot


he belongs to VisionsVision
Hm, thought he won't be getting any for 2-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by -VisionsVision- View Post
Looks like we won't be getting any for about 2-3 months.

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:28 AM   #316
harlequinade
Little Mermaid
 
harlequinade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Orm's tylosaur
Posts: 11,386
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6


__________________
https://letterboxd.com/sati/
https://twitter.com/lady_sati
Protect James Wan's Aquaman at all costs
"My demons are not remotely tackled, they're just mildly concussed"

Last edited by harlequinade; 08-10-2018 at 11:28 AM.
harlequinade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #317
Bren
Forevernoob
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,295
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Giant arc reactor. They're throwing JL aside so hard they're joining the MCU rather

__________________
Avengers: Infinity War - 9 / 10
Thor: Ragnarok - 7.5 / 10
Logan - 7.5 / 10
Black Panther - 7 / 10



Justice League - 3 / 10
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:10 PM   #318
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
KRYPTON INC.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 57,243
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I’m glad there’s going to be no other justice league members in this. Sometimes it gets annoying when you keep having people look at the camera and say “I just got off the phone...with Batman...etc etc”
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
Well that's good to have a confirmation at least I don't have to worry about any desperate "Save DCEU" nonsense popping up
What was this in response too? Was there a post deleted?

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #319
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?
 
guitarsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Allsafe
Posts: 12,387
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
What was this in response too? Was there a post deleted?
What's there to be confused about? Silvermoth just made a statement about the JL not showing up, and the second poster said the confirmation of no JL would keep people from showing up saying they crammed unnecessary JL characters in for the sole purpose of "saving the DCEU". Damnit...now you've got me wondering if I oversimplified it.

__________________
"You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:39 AM   #320
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
KRYPTON INC.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 57,243
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
What's there to be confused about? Silvermoth just made a statement about the JL not showing up, and the second poster said the confirmation of no JL would keep people from showing up saying they crammed unnecessary JL characters in for the sole purpose of "saving the DCEU". Damnit...now you've got me wondering if I oversimplified it.
Okay...

It's just that harl's post stated is as though it was "confirmed" and I thought there seemed to be some information missing.

PS, welcome back after a long absence.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:44 AM   #321
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?
 
guitarsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Allsafe
Posts: 12,387
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Okay...

It's just that harl's post stated is as though it was "confirmed" and I thought there seemed to be some information missing.

PS, welcome back after a long absence.
Thanks!!! I still lurk and pop up from time to time! I just don't have the time I used to, but who the hell does really? And yeah, they confirmed there wouldn't be any other JL characters popping up, but that was all.

__________________
"You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:47 AM   #322
dhandler01
This world will fall!
 
dhandler01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,604
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Okay...

It's just that harl's post stated is as though it was "confirmed" and I thought there seemed to be some information missing.

PS, welcome back after a long absence.
It was confirmed by Wan.

Here

Quote:
I wanted to keep the story to the world of Aquaman and not have to worry about what other characters are doing in their films and how that would affect us. I just thought the simplest way was to keep it clean — keep it simple and let it be an Aquaman story.” Wan said in his interview with Entertainment Weekly. “I told them I understand and respect that it’s part of a bigger universe but at the end of the day I have to tell the story I want to tell, and I want to develop the character as well.
PS...this board is becoming almost unusuable again. I get logged out at least twice a day now and the ads are making things hinky even with my blocker on.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Jenkins
The rumor mill of these movies has been quite something to behold. I tried to learn to tune it out but the one thing I want to say to readers because it truly was stunning to me to watch is you truly can’t believe how absolutely false certain things are until you’re on the inside of one these things. You’re like there’s not even kind of where there’s smoke, there’s fire. There is absolutely lies.”
dhandler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #323
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King
 
-VisionsVision-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlantis
Posts: 16,090
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
Greenlite you home-wrecking harlot


he belongs to VisionsVision
Thank you kind sir.

__________________
AQUAMAN

DECEMBER 2018
-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:49 AM   #324
Greenlite
is a real person
 
Greenlite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 6,215
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by -VisionsVision- View Post
Thank you kind sir.
Sir...




Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:50 AM   #325
Greenlite
is a real person
 
Greenlite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 6,215
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
It was confirmed by Wan.

Here



PS...this board is becoming almost unusuable again. I get logged out at least twice a day now and the ads are making things hinky even with my blocker on.
When I see that quote, Affleck & Ayer's images flashed in front me for some reason

We'll see how clean Wan means when it comes out, including no tiny easter eggs?

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.