The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #501
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,440
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Jeff bridges would've been a good thanos too.

__________________
"It's the possibility of a dream coming true that makes life interesting."
Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #502
hitmanyr2k
Resident Lurker
 
hitmanyr2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,542
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Underrated moment...





Definitely not underrated by me. I was grinning like a kid on Christmas when I first saw this scene in IW and looked forward to it every time on repeat viewings.

__________________
The Crow: Descent

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
hitmanyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #503
Bim
Side-Kick
 
Bim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,572
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k View Post
Definitely not underrated by me. I was grinning like a kid on Christmas when I first saw this scene in IW and looked forward to it every time on repeat viewings.
Agreed. I loved that sequence

__________________
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.” Goethe

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #504
Johnny-Oh
"You got heart, kid"
 
Johnny-Oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,534
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
The truth is, and I'm just now fully realizing it, that any character that wants to stop the super hero from super heroing will immediately become annoying. Why? Cause we, the viewer, don't want the hero to stop being the hero.
Thing is, Pepper didn't use to be that character. In The Avengers she encourages Tony to go be a superhero and now she was pretty much trying to stop him from saving the universe.

I think the writers misunderstood her character in IM3 where she had a reason to complain about Tony's self-destructive behavior.

Johnny-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #505
javonstokess
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,574
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Oh View Post
Thing is, Pepper didn't use to be that character. In The Avengers she encourages Tony to go be a superhero and now she was pretty much trying to stop him from saving the universe.

I think the writers misunderstood her character in IM3 where she had a reason to complain about Tony's self-destructive behavior.
This isn't totally true. In IM1 she chastised him when she caught him after the 1st time he took the full suit out to Afghanistan. In IM2, remember her freaking out after the Whiplash attack and at the end of the movie where she tried to quit. Obviously, in IM3 she'd had about enough.

She's never really been keen on Tony being Iron Man.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #506
javonstokess
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,574
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Underrated moment...





For what it's worth, it seems like this establishes that while T'Challa is faster than Steve, but Steve is stronger.

I love little tidbits into power levels like this.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:13 AM   #507
Drizzle
I got my cake.
 
Drizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,340
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Headcanon







Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Jeff bridges would've been a good thanos too.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #508
P Supreme
Side-Kick
 
P Supreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bronx, New York
Posts: 1,370
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
This isn't totally true. In IM1 she chastised him when she caught him after the 1st time he took the full suit out to Afghanistan. In IM2, remember her freaking out after the Whiplash attack and at the end of the movie where she tried to quit. Obviously, in IM3 she'd had about enough.

She's never really been keen on Tony being Iron Man.
yep agreed she has been annoying from the word GO lol

P Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #509
P Supreme
Side-Kick
 
P Supreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bronx, New York
Posts: 1,370
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Good point actually SF
good point but since what Steve and T'Challa have done for him he could at least join them in the front lines

P Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #510
Kane52630
Just Some Nut
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York Subway
Posts: 93,672
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -






__________________
INTERSPACE | STARCADIAN
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:15 AM   #511
Y0nder
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 218
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
There are more of these little callbacks to the first movies i.e. Thor almost dying and needing the hammer.

Y0nder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:01 AM   #512
javonstokess
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,574
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

It's funny.

One of the biggest criticisms of Marvel movies has been their tendency to put jokes in tense situations, but, man, the from the moment Thanos steps through his portal until the screen goes black is about as intense and frightening a sequence in a "comic book movie" I've ever seen.

And nary a joke/gag to be found.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:33 PM   #513
zephyrinthesky
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 255
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
It's funny.

One of the biggest criticisms of Marvel movies has been their tendency to put jokes in tense situations, but, man, the from the moment Thanos steps through his portal until the screen goes black is about as intense and frightening a sequence in a "comic book movie" I've ever seen.

And nary a joke/gag to be found.
The Russos have been much better at timing their jokes than Whedon or Gunn. I disagreed with the tone they chose for Civil War's airport fight, but I think they nailed the balance of humour in IW.

zephyrinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:12 AM   #514
javonstokess
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,574
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrinthesky View Post
The Russos have been much better at timing their jokes than Whedon or Gunn. I disagreed with the tone they chose for Civil War's airport fight, but I think they nailed the balance of humour in IW.
I thought the tone of the airport fight worked because none of the heroes actually hated their opponents with the exception of Black Panther's feelings towards Bucky.

Cap's squad wasn't really trying to fight, they wanted to get to the Quinjet. Tony's team didn't want to fight either, they wanted to detain their former teammates. Remember Tony wanted Spidey to just web them up for arrest.

IMO, that's the reason the tone of THAT fight is different than the one at the end with Iron Man vs Cap/Bucky.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #515
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
KRYPTON INC.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 57,202
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Fan tribute to the path to Infinity and... Beyond:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:00 AM   #516
Chesterfield
Side-Kick
 
Chesterfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,732
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Fan tribute to the path to Infinity and... Beyond:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Lovely

__________________
The Black Panther is the original king of prep time.

Never trust a big butt and a smile...

If you're looking for sympathy, try somewhere between 's**t' and 'syphilis', in a dictionary.
Chesterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:08 AM   #517
Chesterfield
Side-Kick
 
Chesterfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,732
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Underrated moment...





Badass moment. I need a team up film with these 2.

__________________
The Black Panther is the original king of prep time.

Never trust a big butt and a smile...

If you're looking for sympathy, try somewhere between 's**t' and 'syphilis', in a dictionary.
Chesterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #518
Scarecrow_King
Perpetually Annoyed
 
Scarecrow_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Bureau of Balance
Posts: 6,227
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

When Thanos chucks Gamora off the cliff on Vormir, he says "I ignored my destine once. I can't do that again, even for you."

What was the first time he ignored his destiny? Any insight from the Bluray commentary?

__________________
Well, it's been a shattering disillusionment. Goodnight.
Scarecrow_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #519
Drizzle
I got my cake.
 
Drizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,340
Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0nder View Post
There are more of these little callbacks to the first movies i.e. Thor almost dying and needing the hammer.
Oh for sure. I just used that GIF because it's one of the few Lebowski GIFs on the internet that's appropriate for the Hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
When Thanos chucks Gamora off the cliff on Vormir, he says "I ignored my destine once. I can't do that again, even for you."

What was the first time he ignored his destiny? Any insight from the Bluray commentary?
I would assume the first time would have been when he let his home planet die without doing anything about it.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.