The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Titans

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #126
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,433
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Animated? She's been animated all of 3 times!



Her face looks just as round here as it does Starfire.



Plus where is this "must look like the animated version" coming from...and why does it only apply to Starfire? No live action version of any comic book character looks just like the comic or cartoons. People wanting her to be orange is understandable, but that other stuff is strange to put it mildly.

__________________
"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:04 PM   #127
fan4stic
Side-Kick
 
fan4stic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 560
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

I do think that Robin's too old. Starfire's too old. Raven's too cutesy and young.

fan4stic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #128
fan4stic
Side-Kick
 
fan4stic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 560
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Animated? She's been animated all of 3 times!



Her face looks just as round here as it does Starfire.
I don't really agree with that.

fan4stic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:37 PM   #129
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20,993
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Cherry picking comic covers where it cooooouuuuullllddd work doesn’t mean for each one of those there aren’t like 20 where she looks Leighton Meester or Amber Heard, though.
And yet it shows that artists draw don't draw her 100% the same. Who cares if she looks like Leighton Meester or Amber Heard, she is orange, she is from outerspace, she don't even have pupils majority of the time, doesnt mean Anna cant play her.

Fans didnt go this deep trying to find something to criticize down to "her face isnt round enough!" for all of the men who've played Batman. But I guess some people tried to complain that Gal couldnt play WW because of her breast size and eye color so...shouldnt be surprised.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:12 PM   #130
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,360
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
You're right about it having nothing to do with it. I see dark black men dissing dark black women all the time (and vice versa).
Man I am not dissing her, I just said that she's a pretty girl. My girlfriend looks just like her with shorter, black hair. Darker skin too.

But let's entertain the idea for a second that I WERE dissing her, is there some rule where I'm only allowed to diss non-dark, black people? Just because we're black does that mean we've lost all individual thought and are part of some hivemind that says we have to be satisfied with any black actress that is cast as Starfire?

I just suggested two lovely ladies who, biracial or not, to the outside world are perceived as and treated black. So in fact you are the one turning this into a race thing by bringing up the fact that they're biracial as if that in any way negates my point that they both look more like Starfire to me.

The iterations I prefer and am familiar with atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Gotta say...in all my years on the various comic book/comic related media forums...I've never seen anyone's complaint be about the face shape of a live action interpretation of a character vs. the animated one (I would say source material but obviously the comics were first and her face shape changes depending on the artist). So congrats on having an original beef.
Facial features, there's a difference. And any comic book fan worth his salt will nitpick anything to death.

__________________



To the DCEU


"In time you will know what it's like to Lose.

To feel so desperately that you're right, yet fail all the same"
Ultra Nolanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:57 AM   #131
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,433
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Man I am not dissing her, I just said that she's a pretty girl. My girlfriend looks just like her with shorter, black hair. Darker skin too.
I thought it was pretty clear that I was addressing my misunderstanding of post #109. You brought up the darkness of your skin not me. I was agreeing with you that the darkness of your skin would have had no bearing on whether that was your issue with the actor.

Quote:
But let's entertain the idea for a second that I WERE dissing her, is there some rule where I'm only allowed to diss non-dark, black people? Just because we're black does that mean we've lost all individual thought and are part of some hivemind that says we have to be satisfied with any black actress that is cast as Starfire?

I just suggested two lovely ladies who, biracial or not, to the outside world are perceived as and treated black. So in fact you are the one turning this into a race thing by bringing up the fact that they're biracial as if that in any way negates my point that they both look more like Starfire to me.

The iterations I prefer and am familiar with at least.
It came across to me like you were saying they would be acceptable because they were light skinned and/or biracial. As I've already addressed in the post you are quoting I disagree with the idea that people who have a problem with her based on her not being orange and/or based on her being played by a black actor would not have a problem with the actors you suggested.

It's a moot point anyway because you wrote in your follow up post that that wasn't what you were suggesting. I then said I was glad to be wrong. Not sure what going in circles about it proves.

__________________
"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:36 AM   #132
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,360
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

Misunderstandings from my part then.

__________________



To the DCEU


"In time you will know what it's like to Lose.

To feel so desperately that you're right, yet fail all the same"
Ultra Nolanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:18 AM   #133
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 54,051
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Animated? She's been animated all of 3 times!



Her face looks just as round here as it does Starfire.
She's been animated more than three times:

Teen Titans (animated series)



Teen Titans GO! (completely new design)



DC Superhero Girls



Teen Titans/DC Animated Universe



In gaming:

Injustice 2



DC LEGO


__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:42 AM   #134
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20,993
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

So she's been animated 4 times then

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #135
Guts
Gul
 
Guts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Terok Nor
Posts: 19,664
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4stic View Post
I do think that Robin's too old. Starfire's too old. Raven's too cutesy and young.
Well the word Teen isn't in the title. Dick is a cop and he's probably going to become Nightwing sometime during season one. But just about all the actors on the show aren't teenagers except for the one playing Raven.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booze Bolton View Post
yo. i rarely get all thangintatical.. but win i read people in xman and deadpolo thread it makes me wonder wha gundamental reason human spices exist
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:03 PM   #136
fan4stic
Side-Kick
 
fan4stic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 560
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

I know, but I think they're too old, even without the teen thing.

fan4stic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:20 AM   #137
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 34,928
Default Re: Anna Diop is Starfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4stic View Post
I know, but I think they're too old, even without the teen thing.
that was the point (well not the actor being too old so close to the 30's or actually being 30's yet) but to have some titan's not be teens. I wanted it in the original order like it was in the books most of ones that had mentor's being side kicks but moved aways from that and have been on teams befor & had experince) like nightwing, arsenal & wally, and Donna troy to be in their mid to late 20's and other younger in early 20's like star fire cyborg beast boy & Raven to be just getting out of their teens so they are dancing on 19 years old.

and it'll make room for others like those jason todd's age zone and those that were tim's age that age teens wise so they can come into play, cause the book I read of "The titans secret files & origins) which I found best was when the orginal titans started a mentoring program for the younger teen heros like those in young justice, would have mentors while batman and super man & other league memebers are too busy to teach.



Also the reason why wally added Jessi Quike to the team nomination wise




We next join Arsenal, who is chatting up Supergirl. If you recall she spent some time as a Titan. Hell, those were some pretty dark times for the Titans, so I wouldn't hold it against you if you blocked it out. Anyhoo, Roy... being Roy, flirts a bit. That is, his sole character trait, after all. Well... flirting and heroin, anyway. Anyhoo again, he asks her what her idea of a "good time" is, prompting her to whisper something quite vulgar into his ear. Wonk wonk wonkkk?







"Oh, well... We all just sort of shot out a name. Dick picked Starfire, Donna nominated that Argent girl, Wally wanted Jesse Quick in, I had some stuff to make up to Damage. And Garth picked Vic, here. "-- Arsenal



but this was prior to that getting the young justice members to be titans.


You'll find the issue on ComiXOlogy or a spacialty comic shop. this started the idea have different generations of the titans before tim drake team was formed which allowed there to be those that were of university age to adult(the mentor's) and still allowed there to still be teen's onthe team. it should be this way



when tim and the member of young justice joined later that was the completion of this idea . but it started here.




THE TITANS (1999-2003) #1
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:






Here's the link from ComiXology


The Titans (1999-2003)
No sooner have the Titans re-formed than they find themselves under assault by the new H.I.V.E. in "That Strange Buzzing Sound."





I wanted this that started this idea from the comic issue of Titans Time or Better known as the first issue called that strage buzzing sound
this started in this issue





Issue #1
That Strange Buzzing Sound
March 1, 1999


The Titans


Years Active: 1998-2003
After rescuing Cyborg from alien programming, the original five Titans decided to reform as a team and welcomed five other members into their ranks. The team confronted the anti-Titans group Tartarus, a new H.I.V.E, Dark Angel and a mysterious group of D.E.O. Orphans. But when Troia and Omen were seemingly slain by a rogue Superman Android, the Titans and Young Justice were so distraught that both teams died that day. Meanwhile, on the West Coast, Beast Boy and Flamebird tried to jump-start a new Titans team known as Titans L.A. – but lack of dedication put an end to the team before it truly began.


source: https://www.chrisisoninfiniteearths....ns-1-1999.html , http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Titans_Secr...rigins_Vol_1_1 &http://www.titanstower.com/meeting-r...tans-reunited/


Last edited by zenith16; 08-12-2018 at 07:53 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.