The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 05-14-2018, 04:42 PM   #1
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

Default Doom Patrol TV Show Greenlit

http://deadline.com/2018/05/doom-pat...se-1202390689/

Quote:
King of the DC TV universe Greg Berlanti has a follow-up to his previously announced Titans at DC Universe. The joint venture of Warner Bros Digital Networks and DC Entertainment has given a 13-episode direct-to-series order to hourlong live-action drama Doom Patrol, a reimagining of the beloved superhero DC characters, from Berlanti and Warner Bros TV. Doom Patrol begins production this year for a 2019 premiere on DC Universe..

Jeremy Carver (Supernatural) will pen the series based on the DC characters originally written and drawn by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani.

The series Doom Patrol is a re-imagining of the beloved group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol’s members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence — and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them.

Picking up after the events of Titans, Doom Patrol will find these reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.

Carver will executive produce with Geoff Johns (Titans), Berlanti and Berlanti Prods’ Sarah Schechter. Berlanti Productions produces in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Doom Patrol joins previously announced other high-profile comic book-themed original TV series on DC Universe’s slate, including live-action Titans from Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV, with Brenton Thwaites, Anna Diop, Teagan Croft and Ryan Potter set to star; and the anticipated revival of cult animated series Young Justice, from Warner Bros Animation, titled Young Justice: Outsiders. Also on the slate is Harley Quinn, a half-hour adult animated action-comedy series from Powerless executive producers Justin Halpern & Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey via Warner Bros. Animation; and Metropolis, a new drama series from Gotham executive producers John Stephens and Danny Cannon and Warner Bros. TV.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
Doctor Jones
No One

Default Re: Doom Patrol TV Show Greenlit

Grant Morrison or bust. This is gonna be watered down as ****.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:23 PM   #3
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Can they just not with Cyborg? They are pushing him HARD. If they put this much effort into other DC characters....just give us a Cyborg movie and stop pushing him into everything.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
Fincher
Too far gone

No history with these characters, so I want to see how Titans goes and decide from there. I think they're supposed to appear on that show.

Fincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Can they just not with Cyborg? They are pushing him HARD. If they put this much effort into other DC characters....just give us a Cyborg movie and stop pushing him into everything.
He shouldn’t get a movie. Who would the villain be? Grid?

Honestly putting him in this Titans/Doom Patrol is the beat possible move. Ray Fisher’s Cyborg had zero charm. I never liked Cyborg in the JL anyway, the Titans is where he shines

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:35 PM   #6
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Omega Underground has some casting sides for Cyborg with his father and Robotman. Has some language so it can't be posted.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:07 AM   #7
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
He shouldn’t get a movie. Who would the villain be? Grid?

Honestly putting him in this Titans/Doom Patrol is the beat possible move. Ray Fisher’s Cyborg had zero charm. I never liked Cyborg in the JL anyway, the Titans is where he shines
I thought Fisher did an okay (just okay) job in JL but yes I agree with this.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #8
Deck Rickard
Turd in the Wind

Yeah, I thought Fisher was fine in JL. Especially for an actor who had never been in a movie before. But the rumor is that they're recasting because DC projects can never have any connection with the movies or whatever (I guess because people tend to like the TV shows, and we can't have that when it comes to the movies).

Anyway, this project interests me but I'm just not sure. I don't know much about Doom Patrol but my impression of it was that it was always REALLY dark and weird and not the type of thing that really fits in well with DC's more traditional superhero properties, hence the reason why it was (or still is?) a Vertigo title.

Old 06-23-2018, 01:45 AM   #9
signalman
Side-Kick

Seems the Producers are courting Kelsey Grammer to play The Chief.

https://www.cbr.com/doom-patrol-kelsey-grammer/

April Bowlby offically cast as ELASI-WOMAN.

https://www.cbr.com/doom-patrol-tv-s...y-elasti-girl/

Last edited by signalman; 07-14-2018 at 01:32 AM.
signalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:12 AM   #10
signalman
Side-Kick

Diane Guerrero cast as Crazy Jane.

https://www.cbr.com/doom-patrol-dian...as-crazy-jane/

signalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:52 PM   #11
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Jovian Wade cast as Cyborg. Cyborg gets to infiltrate yet another team that he isnt needed on.

https://tvline.com/2018/08/09/doom-p...e-jovian-wade/

Old 08-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #12
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I'm very interested in seeing how he's going to look.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 08-09-2018, 11:49 PM   #13
Deck Rickard
Turd in the Wind

Remember that picture that Ray Fisher posted on his Twitter a few years back of himself wrapped in tin foil? Something like that.

Deck Rickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:23 AM   #14
WhoMani
Side-Kick

I'm wondering to myself... why is Cyborg not on Titans?

WhoMani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #15
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

EXCLUSIVE: ‘DOOM PATROL’ Villain Revealed

"

Old 08-12-2018, 06:52 PM   #16
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMani View Post
I'm wondering to myself... why is Cyborg not on Titans?
Was it not said that Cyborg would cross over to Titans at some point? Thought I read/heard that somewhere.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite

Last edited by Milk Tray Guy; 08-12-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #17
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Titans is already done filming so he wont be anywhere near the 1st season.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:46 PM   #18
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Maybe it's a plan for the second season - if it gets one.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #19
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Titans is already done filming so he wont be anywhere near the 1st season.
Doom Patrol is debuting on Titans. Figured the Cyborg casting announcement was just intentionally late.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #20
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
Doom Patrol is debuting on Titans. Figured the Cyborg casting announcement was just intentionally late.
That's it, I remember now.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/titans/...ctor-who-star/

Old 08-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #21
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
Quote:
It is the cybernetic superhero who brings together the Doom Patrol in order to set them off on their dangerous mission.
Dang, so he isn't showing up on Titans. Ok then.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #22
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
Yeah but Cyborg isnt on there to bring them together, thats the basis of the spin off. They'll probably be there for a Beast Boy episode.