Default Re: Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Must. Not. Spoil myself!

Old 08-10-2018, 05:21 AM   #552
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
There has been a release 'sheet' of all costumes and characters in the game on another comic book website.
I can't find it

Old 08-10-2018, 05:40 AM   #553
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
I can't find it
Comic book movie.com, scroll down two-three pages and there is an outline page of all costumes & characters too on a separate list.

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:02 AM   #554
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

28 days...

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #555
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Hmm....I found a list that names a bunch of suits and characters but I don't think it's the complete list of skins in the game.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #556
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardz937 View Post
Hmm....I found a list that names a bunch of suits and characters but I don't think it's the complete list of skins in the game.
If it doesn't list 25 or more alternate suits than it isn't complete, since the one thing we know about the suit count is there's at least 25 of them, possibly more.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #557
ehh
iono

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
28 days...
And 28 days later, I will be having a lot of fun playing this game.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:39 AM   #558
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardz937 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
If it doesn't list 25 or more alternate suits than it isn't complete, since the one thing we know about the suit count is there's at least 25 of them, possibly more.
Also take anything from Comic book movie.com with a grain of salt. I think SHH even banned links from there being posted here.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #559
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
Right. I also didn't see the Raimi suit listed so I'm going to tell myself it's not complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Also take anything from Comic book movie.com with a grain of salt. I think SHH even banned links from there being posted here.
Yep, they do.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #560
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

How much money did this Spider-Man spend on backpacks he kept losing or forgetting he hung on walls? And how is it that his web lasted so many years without dissolving or being cut by someone living in some of those buildings?

So many ropes must be hanging all over the city, too many deaths of people trying to emulate him by hanging from his web threads. I agree with Jonah Jameson for this story; "SPIDER-MAN IS A MENACE".

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #561
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Just about everything I've seen regarding this game has me positive this will be excellent. Maybe even game of the year potential but I'd say RDR2 has a better chance to nab that title.

Though there is one thing I'm either worried or concerned about...repetition. It's a part of all video games, the repetitive nature of them. Spider-man games, at least the more recent ones have been plagued by repetition. Exciting at first but then wear down to the point of boredom. I'm hoping this new game is able to avoid that...the reviews from the 4 hour preview playthrough do sound promising. All of the ones I read stated the same thing--they were left with a desire for wanting more. Imo, one of the big differences that separates a good or average game from a great game is how apparent the repetition feels to the player. A great game is able to tone it down to a level where you don't even notice it. Games like Arkham City, Uncharted, etc are great games because of this. At least it's a big part of the reason imo of course.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #562
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Maybe I'm just a sucker, but none of the free roaming Spider-Man games got boring to me. I still play them.

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #563
BrollySupersj
The Great Godzilla

Been a long road for this game, first announced in 2016, and now we're so close.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #564
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
Maybe I'm just a sucker, but none of the free roaming Spider-Man games got boring to me. I still play them.
I wouldn't call you a sucker...that doesn't seem appropriate. If you find them fun you just have a different taste or standard vs mine.

In all fairness, I still have not played the ASM2 game. I refuse to shell out money for it. I base my opinion on the many videos I've watched and of course from people on here and some friends that have actually played it. Playing a game can make a difference in viewpoint however what I've seen of it doesn't interest me. Aside from the webswinging and more open world random events, everything else appears to be a downgrade from the first ASM game.

Beenox' ASM game was a lot of fun...initially. Unfortunately that game quickly lost its appeal. The combat was the best part imo. While it wasn't up to par with Arkham it was still fast and fun--kind of like an Arkham-lite. Like taking the fun part and animations from Arkham's combat but leaving the challenge and polish on the floor. And while Beenox did implement some very cool and imo much needed gameplay mechanics, i.e. web rush, perch points, and solving the camera issues, etc. they failed in regards to the open world. If I remember correctly there was only a handful, like 5 or less, of different types of random crimes. But they weren't even random. The same crimes popped up in the same spots as you progressed thru the game and when you completed all of them, there was nothing left to do but swing around. The swinging itself was fun but the lack of physics and webs attaching to structures was annoying as well as a very lackadaisical version of NYC. For me the free roam portion of any open world Spidey game should be the highlight and in this game it became the low point. And with ASM2 they added the nonstop random crimes but they also took a step back by adding cutscenes before and after each one and then adding the hero/menace system was a mistake. Just wanna go for a swing? Oh too bad. Not stopping to help any random crimes eventually puts you into the menace category and you can't even enjoy a swing around the city without some damn robots blocking you. The first ASM was definitely fun at first but after a few hours everything felt like more of the same. No real variation in the enemies, combat upgrades hit a wall, the environments all looked the same, etc.

Even Web of Shadows got too repetitive for my tastes...

I dunno how else to explain it but when you compare a game like Arkham, for example, to recent Spidey games, you can just tell the difference between one and the other when it comes to the gameplay. I never tired of playing Arkham City...so much fun, I played the game from start to finish several times without ever getting bored. Can't say that for any recent Spidey games. Spider-Man 2 and even 3 to a degree were the last Spider-Man games I played that avoided the repetition curse.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #565
BrollySupersj
The Great Godzilla

Why aren't there any physical copies to buy off Amazon? Everything is digital.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:00 PM   #566
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
The first Amazing Spider-Man game got boring to me when I played it this year, I found myself enjoying the sequel -with all its technical difficulties and annoying choices made by developers- more.

Quote:
Even Web of Shadows got too repetitive for my tastes...
That game is built on repetition, even more if you do like I originally did and heavily rely on web strike.

My favorite bit is when you choose the black ending path to end the battle with symbiote Electro.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #567
The Shape
In the shadows

Pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition last night.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:50 AM   #568
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Large article this month in Games TM magazine, marking the history of how the game was devised, developed and put together, worth a read.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:21 AM   #569
spiderman2
Side-Kick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-_...ature=youtu.be

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #570
webhead731
I'm a photographer

God that music does not fit.....

Don't launch trailers usually come out days before the release?

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:38 PM   #571
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
God that music does not fit.....

Don't launch trailers usually come out days before the release?
I think more and more launch trailers are comming out like 2-3 weeks before the game now days I agree about the music but that is like the type of music that is used in ever thing now days.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Old 08-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #572
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
Music aside, that was

Old 08-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #573
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

I think if the game ends up matching the hype there's a good chance this might nab Game of the Year. RDR2 is looking pretty good though.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #574
spiderman2
Side-Kick

We will see GOTY nominations I think will be GOW, Spiderman, smash, RD2. Those are the 4 games I think it will come down to.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #575
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
I think if the game ends up matching the hype there's a good chance this might nab Game of the Year. RDR2 is looking pretty good though.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

It's hard to imagine a Spider-Man game stealing the spot from games of this caliber.

YOUTUBE