The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 07-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #701
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
Supposedly she was initially written a much bigger role in this movie (bigger than Rogue cut) and a much bigger X3 role too, but her scheduling conflicts took her out the picture.
Really? That's sad. I would've loved her to have a bigger role. I did hear that True Blood came into conflict with her DOFP schedule, but I'm not sure how true that is.

I would love to see Anna Paquin in one more X-Men movie with the rest of the OT cast for one more time. Gahh, all the things I would do just to make this movie happen.

I hope The Rogue Cut reactions will make the producers do something think about this!

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #702
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

So what was her reaction when the Sentinels broke into the temple? was there a slow motion too and eyes shot?

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:51 PM   #703
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
So what was her reaction when the Sentinels broke into the temple? was there a slow motion too and eyes shot?
You can find many gifs in the internet now. I am not sure that we can post them here

Krak66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:29 AM   #704
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
a much bigger X3 role too
Thats the first time I read that.

Kinberg said he wrote bigger parts for Halle/Anna... but he didn't say that, Rogue's original part in DOFP was gonna be bigger than her role in X3 had she had more time.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:34 AM   #705
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thats the first time I read that.

Kinberg said he wrote bigger parts for Halle/Anna... but he didn't say that, Rogue's original part in DOFP was gonna be bigger than her role in X3 had she had more time.
Given the future characters role it wouldn't have been by much

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:26 AM   #706
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep, you get to see Rogue's facial expressions as the Sentinels are invading. She gets focused when Wolverine's claws come out, too just like Kitty in the theatrical cut.

Love love love the Rogue Cut!

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:08 AM   #707
kevork89
Side-Kick

My assumption is that she would've been traveling with Kitty, Bobby and Colossus. I think she would borrow their powers to fight the sentinels. And once the temple stuff happens and Kitty gets injured she takes over. But her schedule would've stopped that so they just had to find a way to get Rogue to the temple to finish the mission. Shame that Anna couldn't film more because the theatrical release would've been different. But oh well.

kevork89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:22 AM   #708
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
My assumption is that she would've been traveling with Kitty, Bobby and Colossus. I think she would borrow their powers to fight the sentinels.
That should have been the case... however the new mutants didn't really have much screentime in the film so maybe even if Rogue was part of that gang... they could have filmed her scenes in 4 days and if some of the actors aren't available... there's always the green screen to make it look like she was with them for the entire film.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #709
psyonic
X-Man

If the next Wolverine picks up after Magneto and Xavier meets him in the airport, I really hope Rogue will be in it, her arc can end with her being captured by the Sentinels.

The way Rogue and Kitty interacted when they saw each other, it felt like they had a falling out after X3.

Since Trask is dead, I wonder who headed the Sentinels or took over Trask Industries up until 2023.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:27 PM   #710
def28
Side-Kick

Edit

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:04 AM   #711
DigificWriter
Banned User

Sorry for bumping the thread, especially since my reasoning for doing so has nothing to do with DoFP itself, but I'm watching the special features for X-Men 2 right now and there are several points where young Anna answers questions and/or talks about the film in ways that hint ever so slightly at her bisexuality and viewpoint on the world, which I found to be an interesting observation.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:50 PM   #712
x-er
Side-Kick

The title of this thread still makes me chuckle. Darn, was I pissed when they announced it!

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote