View Poll Results: I prefer the...
Theaterical cut 33 35.87%
Rogue cut 59 64.13%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2015, 04:36 AM   #76
mutant 1060
Newbie First Class

Default Re: The Theaterical Cut or The Rogue Cut

Definitely the Rogue cut because it makes every other part sensible. Logan was swinging back and forward and wounded Kitty, which didn't make much sense without the Rogue's role.
The Hank and Raven's scene makes it slower and personally I don't like JL's Mystique so it is just white noise to me (too bad RR played a powerful Mystique and JL made a plastic doll).
Magneto's past and future back to back when rescuing Rogue / taking back the helmet is pretty awesome. The hand of the sentinel narrated the story more reasonable.

PS. Damn, if only Jean were alive, she would have kicked the sentinels' asses.

mutant 1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 05:47 PM   #77
Dr doomsday
Side-Kick

I prefer the rogue cut though I understand why that stuff was cut it creates another problem though, that shouldn't of happened you shouldn't have the only scene where Magneto and Xaiver in the future really do anything and end up having it be pointless how did Singer not notice that while he was making the film.

I like Singer I think he's done great but he does seem to have trouble making certain things relevant I've said this before but as great as the stuff at Bobby's house in X2 was it doesn't further anything in the plot and it is never mentioned again how did Singer not notice that same thing here how did he not notice that he had so much that was irrelevant.

Also I have a question people are pissed Angel, colossus and to an extent Juggernaut had small roles but people weren't pissed that Singer wasted the entire original cast. Ian Mckellen is a god in acting he delivers Oscar worthy performances and Singer wasted him. I like the movie it is my favorite but Singer did nothing with the future cast and I really don't understand why you wouldn't. So I'm going to say the rogue cut the original cast got more to do more future scenes. Still I am curious why no one was mad that the original cast the characters you love were completely wasted and given nothing to do why are you so accepting of it?

Dr doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:51 AM   #78
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr doomsday View Post
I prefer the rogue cut though I understand why that stuff was cut it creates another problem though, that shouldn't of happened you shouldn't have the only scene where Magneto and Xaiver in the future really do anything and end up having it be pointless how did Singer not notice that while he was making the film.

I like Singer I think he's done great but he does seem to have trouble making certain things relevant I've said this before but as great as the stuff at Bobby's house in X2 was it doesn't further anything in the plot and it is never mentioned again how did Singer not notice that same thing here how did he not notice that he had so much that was irrelevant.

Also I have a question people are pissed Angel, colossus and to an extent Juggernaut had small roles but people weren't pissed that Singer wasted the entire original cast. Ian Mckellen is a god in acting he delivers Oscar worthy performances and Singer wasted him. I like the movie it is my favorite but Singer did nothing with the future cast and I really don't understand why you wouldn't. So I'm going to say the rogue cut the original cast got more to do more future scenes. Still I am curious why no one was mad that the original cast the characters you love were completely wasted and given nothing to do why are you so accepting of it?
Clearly they were trying to shift the focus to the 'new' cast in the past and say a fond farewell to the original cast. But I would like to have seen more of the original cast... and DoFP to me was proof of that as the future scenes were far more exciting. I think they should use the original cast in another movie, while they still can...

Old 09-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #79
marvelrobbins
Banned User

I really think wolverine will be only chance at seeing any of original cast again.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #80
Dr doomsday
Side-Kick

I was thinking about Wolverine 3 what if it's a prequel to Days of Future Past what if it picks up where the wolverine left off and gives us a hint of the war fought I know they said it would be similar to old man logan which as i have said in truth the movies have been good with sticking with the idea of the comic story they're adapting even if it is quite different.

So they could do Old man Logan but replace the super villains with Sentinels and maybe have Sabertooth hunting down other mutants he could work with Yukio bringing all three Wolverine movies together and you could show some of the deaths of the original cast ending the movie on a really dark note leading into Days Of Future Past. Basically make this BVS or Civil War of the X men movies it's called Wolverine but it's pretty much X Men 4 and Days is pretty much X men 5 concluding their story.

Days gave the cast a happy send off I really see no reason continuing the story beyond that epilogue unless maybe you're doing Onslaught if they ever do Onslaught let Patrick Stewart voice him. But that's what I would like the third Wolverine to be a huge crossover epic like Captain America Civil war that will give us a send off to these characters including some Days didn't and allow them to do more than DOFP let them.

Dr doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:47 PM   #81
Starcat
Side-Kick

I preferred The Rogue Cut. I liked the additional future scenes, and I thought the Hank/Raven scene was nice.

Starcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:41 PM   #82
marvelrobbins
Banned User

rogue cut is my perfered version of film.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote