The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #401
MauriSSio
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 148
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
I think it could be Quicksilver.

Whedon isn't touching any of the Big 4. He's pretty much said as much, that Marvel won't let him kill anyone that has a movie franchise. He's a very big proponent of feminism and the notion that young girls need superheroes to look up to so I can't see him killing off Black Widow or Scarlet Witch. He could kill Hawkeye but the guy has had so little screentime and impact that I doubt anyone in the audience would care.

So I say Quicksilver. Build him up. Make sure to beat the audience over the head with how special he is to Scarlet Witch. Then kill him in the final battle, maybe while doing a heroic sacrifice against Ultron. Whedon likes pulling from the same bag of tricks in his various works so I could very easily see him killing Quicksilver to set up a scenario down the line for Wanda to go full on berserk in a future Avengers movie.
I agree with everything here. Also, they can kill vision and rebuild him later.

MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #402
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,233
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
How do you make ULTRON a really effective supervillain without him actually killing The Avengers? Thats the question. We'll see...
The same way they've constantly done so in the comics.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #403
MbJ
Side-Kick
 
MbJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 13,514
Default Re: Who dies?

Also it'd be lazy and I wouldn't like it but they've mentioned whoever Claudia Kim is playing is a scientist and a close friend of Tony's. It's Whedon and he loves his tragedy porn so I could see Ultron killing her and Tony getting pissed off and going into full on revenge mode.

MbJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #404
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,949
Default Re: Who dies?

it has to be a person we have connection to already for the right impact. And Gweneth doesn't want to do anymore meetings...I think it's time for Tony's girl to go...or Rhodey....

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #405
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man
 
TheVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phasing Through You!
Posts: 6,690
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
The same way they've constantly done so in the comics.
Ohhhh I get the eyeroll too? Nice.

I doubt Joss is going to just simply copy what hes done in the comics. This is a movie with James Spader as Ultron. Theres got to be more going on than a robot yelling and blowing stuff up.

__________________
"You need somebody to tell you that the world makes sense and that the good guys can win. That's what these heroes are for."- Frank Miller
---------
On Twitter @furiouscinema

Last edited by TheVision; 06-26-2014 at 02:11 PM.
TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #406
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24,872
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
I think it could be Quicksilver.

Whedon isn't touching any of the Big 4. He's pretty much said as much, that Marvel won't let him kill anyone that has a movie franchise. He's a very big proponent of feminism and the notion that young girls need superheroes to look up to so I can't see him killing off Black Widow or Scarlet Witch. He could kill Hawkeye but the guy has had so little screentime and impact that I doubt anyone in the audience would care.

So I say Quicksilver. Build him up. Make sure to beat the audience over the head with how special he is to Scarlet Witch. Then kill him in the final battle, maybe while doing a heroic sacrifice against Ultron. Whedon likes pulling from the same bag of tricks in his various works so I could very easily see him killing Quicksilver to set up a scenario down the line for Wanda to go full on berserk in a future Avengers movie.
BUt heres the thing I doubt IM4 is coming before Avengers 3. So having Iron Man die or get captured or whatever up until A3 makes perfect sense

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #407
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,949
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
Ohhhh I get the eyeroll too? Nice.

I doubt Joss is going to just simply copy what hes done in the comics. This is a movie with James Spader as Ultron. Theres got to be more going on than a robot yelling and blowing stuff up.

*cough*CoulsonLoki*cough*

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #408
gurkle2
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 21
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
I could very easily see him killing Quicksilver to set up a scenario down the line for Wanda to go full on berserk in a future Avengers movie.
Wanda should never go full on berserk. That stupid "House of M" story has shaped her characterization in people's minds but it just has nothing to do with her. Hopefully Whedon either hasn't read it or doesn't care about it...

gurkle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #409
MauriSSio
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 148
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
*cough*CoulsonLoki*cough*
Maybe since he's done it before, he'll not do it again to avoid being so predictable.

MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #410
babykhris
Side-Kick
 
babykhris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 489
Default Re: Who dies?

Every Avenger is a potential spin-off so why kill them off? Nick Fury would die before a future 1 billion dollar franchise.

babykhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #411
MauriSSio
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 148
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
Every Avenger is a potential spin-off so why kill them off? Nick Fury would die before a future 1 billion dollar franchise.
Nick fury wouldn't make a billion dollars.

I honestly don't think Marvel has time to make movies or of every single avenger.

If they make a Hawkeye movie it would realistically only make maybe 65million worldwide tops while costing 150million just to shoot. That time would be better spent making Thor 3 or somehow getting Im4 done. They can pay rdj 100 million dollars and it would still be a much much smaller risk than making a low budget Hawkeye movie. (Just using him as an example). Shoot, a loki movie would be a better gamble than Hawkeye. I just don't think they have time to be making a fury movie and Hawkeye and quick silver movies.

MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:37 PM   #412
MbJ
Side-Kick
 
MbJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 13,514
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkle2 View Post
Wanda should never go full on berserk. That stupid "House of M" story has shaped her characterization in people's minds but it just has nothing to do with her. Hopefully Whedon either hasn't read it or doesn't care about it...
You don't know Joss Whedon then. He loves unstable women with crazy powers. Ever seen Buffy or Firefly? There's a reason Olsen has been babbling about how Wanda is totally crazy and unstable and why she looked out there and childlike in the Winter Soldier stinger.

MbJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #413
MauriSSio
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 148
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
You don't know Joss Whedon then. He loves unstable women with crazy powers. Ever seen Buffy or Firefly? There's a reason Olsen has been babbling about how Wanda is totally crazy and unstable and why she looked out there and childlike in the Winter Soldier stinger.
I never heard of the term stinger for an after cedits scene. Am I out of the loop or was that a typo? Just wondering.

MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #414
harryoscop
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Norman Osborn's basement
Posts: 25,496
Default Re: Who dies?

They better not kill Quick silver, i mean why introduce him just to kill him? he also adds variety to the team, and i love ATJ, and they better not kill Scarlet witch same thing for Quick silver, they just introduced her, she also adds variety to the team with uniqe powers, and i absolutly adore Elizebeth Hawkeye is the best bet, no one really cares for him, he only had a few scenes. so if anyone it's probably him, but i'd rather they not kill any Avengers at all.

harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #415
Spider-Fan83
with great power...
 
Spider-Fan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,130
Default Re: Who dies?

^ wouldn't that be more of a reason not to kill him off?
whats the part of killing anyone if its not going to be meaningful, if you think no one cares about a character they'll probably be the least likely to die

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #416
harryoscop
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Norman Osborn's basement
Posts: 25,496
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
^ wouldn't that be more of a reason not to kill him off?
whats the part of killing anyone if its not going to be meaningful, if you think no one cares about a character they'll probably be the least likely to die
Well they can make the audience care, by the time Hawkeye dies they would have built him up, and it would be more personal than Coulson, considering he is actually an Avenger.

harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:54 AM   #417
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero
 
Donnie Darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 14,111
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
The same way they've constantly done so in the comics.
This.

It's like all the people who said Dark Knight Rises HAD to end with Batman dying, and when you asked why, they would just say "because it's the end/it's the only way it makes sense" but couldn't explain WHY it made sense.

I don't need to see an Avenger die so early. For example, if Thor dies on what is essentially his 4th Earthbound adventure, he really doesn't seem all that impressive anymore. Coulson's "death" in Avengers was done well, but obviously that didn't stick.

__________________
This is my signature.
Donnie Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:42 AM   #418
BatsDC
Side-Kicker
 
BatsDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,712
Default Re: Who dies?

Nobody should die, purely because it's only the second Avengers movie of what will likely be a very long line of Avengers movies over the years. To kill a big character now completely prevents Marvel from using them at all down the line, unless they ressurect them of course. There's better ways of making a villain threatening and evil than just killing one of the main characters - and in a way, it's a sign of a better villain if Whedon can write Ultron fantastically, without killing any major characters.

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:25 AM   #419
Laderlappen
Fat, drunk, and stupid
 
Laderlappen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,139
Default Re: Who dies?

Quicksilver is the most expandable because he is played by a lesser actor. It also makes sense plotwise I think to introduce two siblings and then kill off one of them.

Laderlappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:45 AM   #420
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,196
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriSSio View Post
I never heard of the term stinger for an after cedits scene. Am I out of the loop or was that a typo? Just wondering.
It's one of many words commonly used to refer to the post-credits scene. Wiki lists several others (though tbh, the only ones I've ever actually heard used are "stinger," "tag" and "coda"): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-credits_scene

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #421
RiXi
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mexico
Posts: 269
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
...or Rhodey....

RiXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #422
Drizzle
I got my cake.
 
Drizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,171
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laderlappen View Post
Quicksilver is the most expandable because he is played by a lesser actor. It also makes sense plotwise I think to introduce two siblings and then kill off one of them.
He's got more acting experience than Elizabeth Olsen. Regardless, I don't think any of the Avengers will die this time around.

Drizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #423
Arrowshieldfan
Side-Kick
 
Arrowshieldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,426
Default Re: Who dies?

The Hulk but he is actually lost in space and Thor go to find him

Arrowshieldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #424
justanotherguy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 353
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryoscop View Post
They better not kill Quick silver, i mean why introduce him just to kill him? he also adds variety to the team, and i love ATJ, and they better not kill Scarlet witch same thing for Quick silver, they just introduced her, she also adds variety to the team with uniqe powers, and i absolutly adore Elizebeth Hawkeye is the best bet, no one really cares for him, he only had a few scenes. so if anyone it's probably him, but i'd rather they not kill any Avengers at all.
I care about Hawkeye for sure. His book is the best out there right now. Mockingbird is coming into the MCU via SHIELD. I'd bet Tony Stark. As newsarama has said, With Vision coming around, Stark can be the voice in his head this time.


*Most importantly, I think we will begin to see death as a revolving door in the MCU, especially with Dr. Strange coming around.

justanotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #425
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,299
Default Re: Who dies?

Maria Hill dies imo

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.