The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 01-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenter82 View Post
The line is "I didn't want this, but I had no choice". That line could be interpreted in a couple different ways. Personally, I never connected that he was referring to the fight that they just had, but I could be wrong.
It's exactly what he was referring to. He just wanted to save his daughter, and Spider-Man kept stopping him and he wanted to remove the obstacle. But, the situation grew beyond his control, and he regretted it.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:24 AM   #4
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Spider-Man 2: The Beauty of the Train Scene | Core Ideas
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:58 PM   #5
carpenter82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Spider-Man 2: The Beauty of the Train Scene | Core Ideas
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
That train fight is still my favorite action sequence from any comic book film. I don't think any comic book action sequence has put me on the edge of my seat in the same way. I love the little deatails throughout the fight. I never noticed how Spidey grabs on to the arms with his legs, then grabs hold of them with his hand to kick Octavius. I miss these type of kinetic, fast paced action sequences in Spider-Man movies.

carpenter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:30 PM   #6
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenter82 View Post
That train fight is still my favorite action sequence from any comic book film. I don't think any comic book action sequence has put me on the edge of my seat in the same way. I love the little deatails throughout the fight. I never noticed how Spidey grabs on to the arms with his legs, then grabs hold of them with his hand to kick Octavius. I miss these type of kinetic, fast paced action sequences in Spider-Man movies.
Yeah I never noticed him using his legs like that. I know he bends down to not get hit but never caought how he thing gets back to doc like that before. There are some other comic book action sequence that I have really really liked but not like that. I was 15 when Spider-Man 2 came out and that sequence blew me away and it still does ever time I watch it even though I have watched the movie like 50+ times. You know when you have watched something that much and it still blows you way that it is something really special. Also the fact it still blows me away and is still like the best action sequence in a comic book movie even though the movie is going on 14 years is really saying something to has 14 years in movies with tech is a long time and most of that sequence and its CGI still looks real. Only part that kind of looks fake is the people doc is tossing.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:34 PM   #7
Galactus123
Side-Kick

4K Blu-Ray cover of Spider-Man 3 looks great

I wish I had 4K BD player.

Galactus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:49 AM   #8
Nardz937
Side-Kick

That picture is still one of the best movie posters of all-time.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:56 AM   #9
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

I agree. Simple, but offers plenty to say.

YOUTUBE
It's over 5000

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #10
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Just rewatched the first Raimi film. And first off, nice to see the improved resolution on Blu Ray, but honestly...sure, these cinematic universes are fun and all, but there's a certain charm that's missing from them that's more prevalent in these earlier films that could just tell their own story without needing to have even the slightest connection to something else, though the Doctor Strange name being taken in Spider-Man 2 is a nice in-joke, similar to the Metropolis reference in Batman Forever.

However, it's interesting to go back and watch these films to pick up on stuff I hadn't caught before, like Robbie mentioning that they have a photographer named Eddie who has been unable to get a good picture of Spider-Man. Even through Brock didn't appear until Spider-Man 3, it would've been interesting, in hindsight, to actually have Brock already at the Bugle, but we don't get a proper introduction to him until the third film.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote