Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #426
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
I have some sources in WB and Reynolds coming back is more likely than him not returning. Cavill will also be the Superman in JL. Filming is scheduled for September 13' and Zack Snyder has turned down Directing the film but will be on hand as a Consultant. Affleck was never approached.
That's not insider information. You can find that info all over the Internet.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #427
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
Yes we did.
Thanks for speaking for everyone. Sure saves us the trouble of forming opinions.

While you're telling me how I feel, do I like Corn Flakes? What about the New York Mets? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #428
protocida
Side-Kick

Not the information about Reynolds and Snyder.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #429
BH/HHH
You Are My World

I hope they release it Christmas 2015 would love a bug superhero film for the Holidays

Old 10-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #430
marvelrobbins
Banned User

I hope Man of steel Is better than the first teaser.I hated It.

Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern would be good IdeaHis performance was not the problem with the film.Keep green lantern In contuintuy.

Now what are they going to do with Batman.The casting of batman and his portayl will make the film.They would be better off having him as vetern In Justice League and doing his next solo films showing batman before justice League.

And for good shakes cast a real actress as Wonder woman and not a model with little or no acting expercence.

This film will be out july 2015 cout on it.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #431
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Not the information about Reynolds and Snyder.
That would be nice if that pans out... if the guy's in the know similar to Show, Jamie, Poni_boy and gilberg. Rumor mill for now, but if it's true, it's very interesting developments.

Reynolds returning would be intriguing and having Snyder as a creative consultant even more.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #432
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Then don't watch it if your that bothered.
Thanks a lot Captain Obvious. I'm bothered that it could affect other movies. I hope they keep stuff separate, and up to the directors.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #433
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
They come for Batman and Superman. You hook them on Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern during Justice League.
That may prove to be another problem. It's not even going to be the same Batman people have already invested three movies into liking.

I know personally I'm already rolling my eyes at bringing in a new Batman already.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #434
Changeling
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
Hulk WAS recast....but the FILM was kept within continuity. And the actor was recast for reasons not having to do with his performance...

But it's pretty universal that comic book fans don't blame Ryan Reynolds for the failure of that movie. Just as they didn't blame Norton for his. Norton wouldn't have been recast if it weren't for a diva/power struggle between him and Marvel. Reynolds has no such situation. So when comparing the FILMS, Marvel made the smart choice and left The Incredible Hulk as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's continuity. Even though it underperformed. Again, if Norton and Feige hadn't had a power struggle, Norton would have returned as well...

Fan didn't hate Reynolds' Hal Jordan. Actually, a large portion of them LIKED his portrayal, and felt that he deserved a better script. GIVE HIM THE BETTER SCRIPT.

The major narrative in this very thread is that people "wish they could keep Reynolds, but erase Green Lantern from the continuity." You can't do that...

People are also forgetting that erasing Green Lantern from the DC Continuity would also take away Mark Strong as Sinestro in an eventual Green Lantern Sequel or a Justice League follow-up. And that would be a crime.

Keep Reynolds as part of the team. Keep the film as a vague point in the continuity. There's no need to reference Hector Hammond or anything like that....

But keep what worked. Ryan Reynolds and Mark Strong.

-R
I think were going to have to agree to disagree on this. While Mark Strong worked, I didnt think Ryan Reynolds did.

I like the idea of a loose sequel that doesnt directly acknowledge what happpened in the first film. Keep Mark Strong as Sinestro and have him and a recast Hal Jordan as close friends until Jordan discovers Sinestro controlling Korugar. Ryan Reynolds' acting style in Green Lantern made me hate him and the character.

Like you were saying, you cant have keep Ryan Reynolds and erase the film out of continuity, you could however recast him and not speak of anything that transpired in the first movie. I think a new visual style for a Green Lantern sequel is imperative, that was one ugly but expensive looking movie.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #435
Project862006
Banned User

still of the opinion we need a WW movie before JL

Old 10-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #436
protocida
Side-Kick

Wonder Woman's origin could be tied to the threat that the Justice League faces in the movie. I don't think it's necessary.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #437
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

I've heard the Han Solo/JL members comparison before and I tend to agree with this point. But realistically, what do you need to know about Han Solo. He's a charming rogue with a good heart. An everyman we can relate to. It may be a bit more difficult to explain an amazonian princess walking around in modern times. Wonder Woman has a deeper history.

With Han we can easily imagine the crazy adventures he's been on with Chewie before teaming up with Luke and Leia. It may be slightly harder to imagine what Kind of person Diana was before joining the league.

But I still agree with your point.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #438
JB-the-Hunter
Booty hunter

Wonder Woman for 2014 pls

"I knew there was something wrong. It just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but... you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye. There's something wrong with you." - Leo Fitz
Old 10-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #439
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I just always assumed that since we've already had plenty of Superman and Batman movies that they would at least make a Wonder Woman film before Justice League. Heck, I was shocked they even made a Green Lantern film before WW, so this decision just seems a bit odd to me.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #440
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Wonder Woman's origin could be tied to the threat that the Justice League faces in the movie. I don't think it's necessary.
thing for me is she is a 70 year old iconic character and hasn't got a movie i think it would be dumb just to debut her in a team up movie

Old 10-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #441
Orin
Side-Kick

They've unsuccessfully been trying to get Flash and Wonder Woman movies off the ground for about a decade now. And Green Lantern, the one DC movie that did get made, was a total failure. So, at this point, i really don't have any faith that Warner will be able to pull of a Justice League movie that has the same kind of built up the Avengers had.

After all, realistically, the comic book movie boom won't last forever, especially with the dozens of flicks Marvel is gonna put out in the next few years. So, instead of continuing to try to clean up their act like they've been for the past few years, which has pretty much lead to nothing, i think it's not such a bad idea for WB to just do the Justice League next. After all, even if they were able to finally do some of the solo movies, they'd all need to be done well. Just one of them would have to be a disappointment and the whole card house would collapse again, leaving us exactly were we are right now again.

The advantage of going straight to a Justice League movie is that that could create some buzz for characters like the Flash and Wonder Woman, which i think would result in a better change for their solo flicks to actually gain some momentum than the current situation, especially after how Green Lantern tanked.

And i really think a Justice League film, having Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman together in one movie, would be an event all in itself. Unlike the Avengers, even without solo movies, these characters are just much more iconic and well known within the general public. They've been around every aspect of pop culture for decades. People don't need to be introduced to them. And while they may not know every detail about their origin, that's really not needed to be able to enjoy a Justice League story. I mean, just because there are solo stories focusing on these characters individually dosn't mean you have to know these stories to understand everything they appear in. A good Justice League movie would explain to you what you know about them to get what you need to to be able to follow that paticular movie, just like every other movie that features muliple characters does. Personally, i really don't see the big problem a lot of people seem to have.

And it's not like the whole linar solo movie built up thing does anything besides giving us the generic origin stuff, which, in most cases, aren't exactly the most interesting stories that can be told with those characters. I mean, did anyone actually get into his favorite comic hero by starting with their first appearance? I bet most people just picked up some random story, thought it was cool and became fans. I know that i actually got introduced to most DC heroes by reading JLA, which i picked up because it had the both of the characters i already knew and loved, Superman and Batman.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #442
Marvin
Side-Kick

They're probably going for that jla 52 johns approach.
omg who are you? well I'm so and so.

as opposed to that Morrison established one.

If this big film fails(and a nolan free wb is kinda fickle in the success dept), then I see the super hero film age on the decline after the fact. Especially from DC

Old 10-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #443
Spade
Seeking new challengers

They really won't let go of The Avengers' box office take, will they.

It's a shame. Superman and Batman have had their time to shine. If this goes belly up, it's the lesser known characters that take the hit.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #444
protocida
Side-Kick

Why is is that every superhero movie to come out, if it fails, will bring "the decline of the superhero movie genre"?

Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #445
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
That's not insider information. You can find that info all over the Internet.

lol

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #446
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
That may prove to be another problem. It's not even going to be the same Batman people have already invested three movies into liking.

I know personally I'm already rolling my eyes at bringing in a new Batman already.
i agree. it will be a problem for sure. i know how nolan feels about returning, but i know that bale would return if nolan told him there was another story to be told. i know its never gonna happen, but i think bale returning would surely guarantee box office success. its all the fuel wb would need to hand bale a blank check.

and to add to that, I've had my fill of batman, I'd loved it if they just kept him around for JL films.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #447
Venom'sDad
Enter The Sym

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Ha they would put JL up against TA2
You know, lets just say, "if" both was release the same day, which would you go see opening day and which would you see later?

Old 10-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #448
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
You know, lets just say, "if" both was release the same day, which would you go see opening day and which would you see later?
1. The Avengers 2
2. Justice League

I'd pay to see them both on the same day.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #449
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD2Skqw1Ess

Old 10-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #450
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Justice League then The Avengers 2 on the same day.

Closed Thread