Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #751
herolee10
No More Miracles

Default Re: The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
apparently you have missed some pics or what have you. There is pics of him with a dark goatee, a goatee with some grey and white in it, a somewhat youthful face and then a face with wrinkles and a scar. The Movie MAster even gave him a youthful appearance without the scar and goatee
Apparently I did miss those pictures. Hmm, if that's the case, then I wonder what Faora's secret is because she doesn't show an ounce of being old at all during her time on Earth which either means that she was a toddler when Krypton exploded that Zod saved somehow or something else entirely.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #752
DKDetective
Problem Eliminator

Quote:
apparently you have missed some pics or what have you. There is pics of him with a dark goatee, a goatee with some grey and white in it, a somewhat youthful face and then a face with wrinkles and a scar. The Movie MAster even gave him a youthful appearance without the scar and goatee
Would you mind finding those? The dark goatee ones? I don't call seeing them. I'm aware of the Movie Master action figure. But, I just may not have been paying attention to the details of Zod's goatee or scar at the time.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #753
DKDetective
Problem Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Apparently I did miss those pictures. Hmm, if that's the case, then I wonder what Faora's secret is because she doesn't show an ounce of being old at all during her time on Earth which either means that she was a toddler when Krypton exploded that Zod saved somehow or something else entirely.
Maybe Zod pulled a David and stayed up during the journey piloting the ship while his followers were in cryosleep. It would be a neat detail that would establish Zod as the military man committed to his duty that Shannon described him.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #754
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
You have me curious. It could be in their genetic makeup that they age slowly, or since they are going in a futuristic direction suspended animation maybe??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Would you mind finding those? The dark goatee ones? I don't call seeing them. I'm aware of the Movie Master action figure. But, I just may not have been paying attention to the details of Zod's goatee or scar at the time.
I'll see if I can find them...I'm using my mothers comp right now since mine **** out on me months ago

........ -Michael Myers
Old 04-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #755
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

They are either on my computer or I was thinking of the dark colored goat-ee from the children's book covers

........ -Michael Myers
Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #756
DKDetective
Problem Eliminator

Ahhh... okay. I was going through the photo thread and I couldn't find anything. I think the lack of grey in the goatee on toys or in licensed books is just the result of lack of detail and budget. However, I do agree that there is a good amount of evidence supporting the idea that we see a younger, clean shaven Zod in the film. It's the fact that both the Movie Master action figure is without goatee and he have seen Shannon on set without it. Makes it hard to dismiss the latter as Shannon on his way to the makeup chair. I doubt the Movie Master people would make such a blatant error. All of their products seem relatively high quality.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #757
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Ahhh... okay. I was going through the photo thread and I couldn't find anything. I think the lack of grey in the goatee on toys or in licensed books is just the result of lack of detail and budget. However, I do agree that there is a good amount of evidence supporting the idea that we see a younger, clean shaven Zod in the film. It's the fact that both the Movie Master action figure is without goatee and he have seen Shannon on set without it. Makes it hard to dismiss the latter as Shannon on his way to the makeup chair. I doubt the Movie Master people would make such a blatant error. All of their products seem relatively high quality.
Exactly...I am still convinced that we will see a young Zod on Krypton. Now Faora and her youthfulness has me perplexed

........ -Michael Myers
Old 04-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #758
DKDetective
Problem Eliminator

Quote:
Exactly...I am still convinced that we will see a young Zod on Krypton. Now Faora and her youthfulness has me perplexed
I'm definitely thinking either cryostasis during the long slow search for a new home or she is grown during the journey based on the genetic engineering news. The former seems more likely to me. Also, I think it would be a good way to establish Zod as the somewhat sympathetic villain Shannon has been hinting at. Taking the burden of leadership seriously, he stays awake and pilots the **** during its search while his comrades stay in stasis. Also, all the time alone may explain why he goes a little nuts.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #759
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

got to admit, when I first heard him talk as Zod, I wasn't overly impressed, but since then I've watched that trailer.......30-40 times....each time it gets more and more impressive

I'm just use to Zod having a british sounding accent, but Shannon does have a very sinister tone to even some of the simple "peaceful" parts of his little speech lol

Old 04-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #760
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Just so everyone knows, Kal-El.9859 and I have agreed to share the Zod avvy

I love it when there's peace on the Hype!

Old 04-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #761
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
got to admit, when I first heard him talk as Zod, I wasn't overly impressed, but since then I've watched that trailer.......30-40 times....each time it gets more and more impressive

I'm just use to Zod having a british sounding accent, but Shannon does have a very sinister tone to even some of the simple "peaceful" parts of his little speech lol
The fact that Zod has an "American" sounding accent surprised the hell out of me. I don't know, maybe it's just that I'm such a fantasy/scifi nerd that I think the British accent is appropriate for anything and everything

But as I too have watched the trailer umpteenquintillion times I thought about people being "bred" on Krypton to be either warriors or scientists, and so it comes to my mind that each "class" may actually have an accent. Which means that Krypton would have advanced beyond "ethnic" distinction but as a result each guild or what have you would have its own vernacular and, thus, accent.

Just things I think about

Old 04-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #762
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

true, and I think the whole....british accent with villains is because we have just so many GREAT villains that are played by british actors or they adopt a british accept for the role due to it just naturally sounding sinister in this eerieish proper manner

It's pretty refreshing for it not to be a british accent and yet still hold that same cold collected darkness that you'd expect from the character

Old 04-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #763
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
Just so everyone knows, Kal-El.9859 and I have agreed to share the Zod avvy

I love it when there's peace on the Hype!
Actually I changed mine to a slightly different version...but there is peace

........ -Michael Myers
Old 04-16-2013, 03:16 AM   #764
Cassandra Cain
YAS KWEEN!

Man, I too have seen this spot dozens of times already and I can't get enough of it! This is genius viral marketing! I love how, through the static, Zod seems so alien. If it weren't for us knowing he's wearing a helmet over a human-looking face, you'd think he were a strange looking alien species. And the sounds and noises in this spot are legitimately creepy. With the exception of Kal-El, this spot makes Kryptonians seem like an eerie and vengeful alien race. And I LOVE IT!

Old 04-16-2013, 03:30 AM   #765
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post

Man, I too have seen this spot dozens of times already and I can't get enough of it! This is genius viral marketing! I love how, through the static, Zod seems so alien. If it weren't for us knowing he's wearing a helmet over a human-looking face, you'd think he were a strange looking alien species. And the sounds and noises in this spot are legitimately creepy. With the exception of Kal-El, this spot makes Kryptonians seem like an eerie and vengeful alien race. And I LOVE IT!
great post, I showed it to my girlfriend whose not really into CBMs (she'll watch them and enjoy them) and she thought it was awesome. I love the spot, its very very well done and its just so Snyder. It just shows me exacly why he was the perfect choice to direct this movie.

Last edited by BH/HHH; 04-16-2013 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:03 AM   #766
Cassandra Cain
YAS KWEEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I love the spot, its very very well done and its just so Snyder. It just shows me exacly why he was the perfect choice to direct this movie.
I was actually pretty skeptical when Snyder was first announced to be the director. The man's a slow motion junkie (annoyingly so) and unfortunately Sucker Punch wasn't very successful. But the man has the ability to make a good superhero movie and has an AMAZING team working with him on this (hell if anyone has Nolan and Goyer working behind the scenes, they're pretty much guaranteed a hit). So I have a lot of faith on MOS and hope there's much more viral marketing in the works.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:35 AM   #767
StarLord
Boogeyman

I love that Zod viral. Brilliant.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #768
StarLord
Boogeyman

Michael Shannon is f***ing awesome. You must see this video.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #769
G.Godfrey
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Whiplash* View Post
Michael Shannon is f***ing awesome. You must see this video.

That was priceless! Thanks for posting!

Old 04-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #770
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Michael is from Lexington, Ky (that's about 10 miles from where I live) and will be doing a charity appearance http://eventful.com/lexington/events...01-055972792-3 to help with the renovation of the KENTUCKY THEATER there. The theater was a beautiful grand expansive place that was hurt pretty bad by a fire a few years back.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #771
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

cool

Old 04-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #772
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
true, and I think the whole....british accent with villains is because we have just so many GREAT villains that are played by british actors or they adopt a british accept for the role due to it just naturally sounding sinister in this eerieish proper manner

It's pretty refreshing for it not to be a british accent and yet still hold that same cold collected darkness that you'd expect from the character
I'm a big fan of constructing an "Evil Yank" archetype to kind of reverse the "Evil Brit" archetype. I am an American, but I kind of like the idea of playing up some cultural misconceptions about our accents for villainy. Maybe while the evil Brit is supposed to be more sophisticated and cultured, the evil Yank is supposed to be more blunt and barbaric.

It's like that one episode of Luther where that American thief shows up and he's frighteningly direct and blunt. He moves as soon as he has all the knowledge and there's something unsettling about just how uncomplicated he is. What he wants, he takes, regardless of the cost. And I'm kind of getting that vibe from Zod. Philosophy doesn't matter. Earth doesn't matter. Maybe even the blood feud with Jor-El no longer matters. He will rebuild Krypton, no matter the cost.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters Trailer: https://youtu.be/Cfg11CEN5Cg Shazam Trailer: https://youtu.be/kYskM7YUxYk Young Justice Season 3 Trailer: https://youtu.be/G1hMOezswOQ Aquaman Trailer: https://youtu.be/2bObibSNjk4
The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
Old 04-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #773
Super Kal
Proud Conservative

i gotta admit, when i first heard that they would use Zod for this movie, i was not impressed... but this picture has really changed my mind on the subject. i think they can do something really cool if they do it right

Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #774
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
I'm a big fan of constructing an "Evil Yank" archetype to kind of reverse the "Evil Brit" archetype. I am an American, but I kind of like the idea of playing up some cultural misconceptions about our accents for villainy. Maybe while the evil Brit is supposed to be more sophisticated and cultured, the evil Yank is supposed to be more blunt and barbaric.

It's like that one episode of Luther where that American thief shows up and he's frighteningly direct and blunt. He moves as soon as he has all the knowledge and there's something unsettling about just how uncomplicated he is. What he wants, he takes, regardless of the cost. And I'm kind of getting that vibe from Zod. Philosophy doesn't matter. Earth doesn't matter. Maybe even the blood feud with Jor-El no longer matters. He will rebuild Krypton, no matter the cost.

Interesting idea, could very happen in the movie

Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #775
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

I also think that, because Kal-El is different, he may be the only hope for Zod to save the Kryptonian race, in a way. Otherwise I don't see why he wants him in his custody, revenge on Jor-El would be too cheap. There has to be more to the fact that Kal-El is unique.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Closed Thread