The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #751
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I can't believe The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is losing to almost everything.
Quite frankly Idon't care about the Hunger Games. Ever since Twilight *shrugs*, all these tween novels turned into movies are a turn off for me.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #752
Feenix
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Is this the scene where Thor loses his hand? Thor is holding his arm and Mjolnir is flying past him.

Ooh! Looks like it, hey? And Jane running in from the right

Old 10-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #753
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Needs strutting Leo in the background.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #754
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Quite frankly Idon't care about the Hunger Games. Ever since Twilight *shrugs*, all these tween novels turned into movies are a turn off for me.
Well the Hunger Games was HUGE in the U.S. and non sequel making over 400 million domestically, I'm sure the sequel is going to be BIG. It's not about what me or you like, that poll is about what the majority likes.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=536521

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 10-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #755
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Ooh! Looks like it, hey? And Jane running in from the right
I seen that too.

Quote:
Well the Hunger Games was HUGE in the U.S. and non sequel making over 400 million domestically, I'm sure the sequel is going to be BIG. It's not about what me or you like, that poll is about what the majority likes.
Did it? Is it as bad as those twilight movies or it's actually good??

Old 10-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #756
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:

Is this the scene where Thor loses his hand? Thor is holding his arm and Mjolnir is flying past him.
Yep it`s definitely infamous "handgate" and after that Loki takes Jane and present her to Mal&Kurse. And after that armored sequence so that "handgate" is going according to plan.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #757
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
They've been God awful. Wondered if anyone else noticed.
The last year or so of updates have made it painful to use at times.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #758
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
I found the link on a LotR fansite. Sure a some Chloe Moretz fansite has also linked to it. Probably explains the results right now.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #759
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
I can't believe The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is losing to almost everything.
Internet polls also said Man of Steel was the most anticpated blockbuster of the summer and at one point,
One poll said only 12 percent of those polled wanted to see IM3.
Meaningless.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #760
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Here's the featurette without subtitles:

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #761
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I found the link on a LotR fansite. Sure a some Chloe Moretz fansite has also linked to it. Probably explains the results right now.
Yeah, it's our turn to cheat now!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #762
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Varth,
Have you seen this one??:

http://www.target.com/p/thor-men-s-c...1_30&term=thor

616-costume shirt
No I haven't not even in the store. There used to be one online similar but for 25 dollars called nordic Thor. I have no cards to buy things online is my major problem

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 10-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #763
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Stop defending Thor. Thor murdered Frost Giants because someone called him a princess and almost started a war because someone ruined his big day. He wasn't thrown in prison. He was exiled until he learned to act like a man. So your assumption that Loki would have been in prison for his actions seems suspect at best.
and what Loki did was right as well? Loki was ready to exterminate an entire race for what?
not to mention the 80 some odd people he alone killed on Earth just because he wasn't getting his way.

....to every King.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #764
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

So no Hogun or Kurse posters yet?

....to every King.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #765
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
and what Loki did was right as well? Loki was ready to exterminate an entire race for what?
not to mention the 80 some odd people he alone killed on Earth just because he wasn't getting his way.
You mistaken me. I think they were both selfish fools in the first film. Thor blinded by his own vanity and bloodust, Loki by his jealousy for his brother.

Thor is snapped from this illusion during his time on Earth, brought up by the thought that he has caused his father's death. Loki from his by the look on his father's face before his plunge into nothingness. Loki's wounded pride is on display in The Avengers. He is far more self-aware at that point. And Thor is also still showing the arrogant jerk at times, with crap like "your imagined slights".

One of the reasons I have loved the existence of little Loki in the comics is you have the meeting between the best of both men. Thor, beyond his bloodlust and arrogance and Loki, before his jealousy for his brother has twisted him. It is why they actually get along so well.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #766
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Yeah, it's our turn to cheat now!
I've asked people to put the link on tumblr for the Loki fangirls, but I don't know if anyone's done it.

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 10-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #767
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
You mistaken me. I think they were both selfish fools in the first film. Thor blinded by his own vanity and bloodust, Loki by his jealousy for his brother.

Thor is snapped from this illusion during his time on Earth, brought up by the thought that he has caused his father's death. Loki from his by the look on his father's face before his plunge into nothingness. Loki's wounded pride is on display in The Avengers. He is far more self-aware at that point. And Thor is also still showing the arrogant jerk at times, with crap like "your imagined slights".

One of the reasons I have loved the existence of little Loki in the comics is you have the meeting between the best of both men. Thor, beyond his bloodlust and arrogance and Loki, before his jealousy for his brother has twisted him. It is why they actually get along so well.
I just find it odd really that Loki if accepted his role as a Jotun King things could have been different.
Think about it. If Odin would have done what Loki said and told him who he really was very early on, Loki might not be as messed up in either the comics or the movie.

....to every King.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #768
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
I've asked people to put the link on tumblr for the Loki fangirls, but I don't know if anyone's done it.
Don't worry; I did it!

Old 10-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #769
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Don't worry; I did it!
Good job, do you think it's getting a lot of feedback?

Old 10-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #770
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Good job, do you think it's getting a lot of feedback?
I'll try to evaluate the feedback within a few hours, or tomorrow.
I put as many tags as possible to make it easier to find.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #771
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:

I dont see how that is being an arrogant jerk, he was right to say that, Loki said he remember Thor "tossing him into an abyss" when that is clearly not what happened at the end of Thor, Thor tried everything to save him and it was Loki who let go of the sceptre. So claiming Thor threw him into that abyss is an imagined slight, Thor was just calling it what it was.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #772
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
That's why I think it's being considered 'illegal' in an "after-the-fact" view-point, when taking a look at everything he ended up doing (and Heimdall learning he let the Jotuns into Asgard in the first place, and then letting them in a 2nd time) then the populace subsequently making the assumption that getting Thor out of the way as heir so he could seize the throne was always his plan
Given the article, I don't understand why this is so difficult. The POV is from a story telling point of few, from the audiences POV, Loki's actions were Illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Man loki was putting the smackdown on Thor. I smell a double-double cross thing though. Idk. Like maybe Loki is playing Malekith
Nah, that's too sunday morning cartoonish, plus Tom even said he and Malekith sort of see eye to eye. Loki isn't playing malekith, he's playign EVERYONE.

Quote:
Thor went against the explicit instruction of the King. His actions would have caused a war in which more Asgardians would have died had Loki not killed the Frost Giants' king. It was a sneaky way to do it, sure, but had it not been done, there would have been war.
Well, had Loki not committed treason INITIALLY by letting the frost giants into Asgard during a King's coronation, Thor wouldn't have almost caused a war. And it wouldn't have set forth the events that lead to Loki taking the throne. I'm with the other guy, Loki did ALL of this by causing the chaos and committing treason in the first place, the defending of the character in this particular situation, and comparing his actions to Thor's are in insult to both characters.

Quote:
The way I see it playing out is that Thor and Loki will apoarch like they are going to fight and rescue Jane. Battle some Dark Elves and when they reach Malekith and Kruse, Loki will "betrayal" Thor. They will let there guard down and then Thor will attack. That is what I think the shots of him calling Mjolnir and his full are armor are from.
I don't think so. I think that the scene happens twice. Once in the dream sequence, and once in actuality.

We already know the theme of
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
time and space
are going to be a factor in this movie. This isn't going to be as strait forward as any of you seem to believe. I can guarantee that with 100% certainty..or can't I? :P

Quote:
This looks like that dream sequence we saw where Loki chop off Thor's hand. Maybe the quality of the footage made it seem that way, because this definitely looks like part of the movie and not a dream or vision or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Yep it`s definitely infamous "handgate" and after that Loki takes Jane and present her to Mal&Kurse. And after that armored sequence so that "handgate" is going according to plan.
I'm sayin that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"handgate"
scene happens twice.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #773
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I just find it odd really that Loki if accepted his role as a Jotun King things could have been different.
Think about it. If Odin would have done what Loki said and told him who he really was very early on, Loki might not be as messed up in either the comics or the movie.
Yep and I love how they play that in the first film. Odin feels a bit of shame, he knows a large part of his son's anger and resentment are down to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I dont see how that is being an arrogant jerk, he was right to say that, Loki said he remember Thor "tossing him into an abyss" when that is clearly not what happened at the end of Thor, Thor tried everything to save him and it was Loki who let go of the sceptre. So claiming Thor threw him into that abyss is an imagined slight, Thor was just calling it what it was.
When Loki speaks on these topics, to me it is clear that is far more then the one incident. That he is projecting. Thor's behavior over the years, as he is very much the boy we see at the start of Thor, was crap. And he was rewarded with the throne. Why? Because he is Odin's "actual" son. Loki had his rightful place as a king taken from him by Odin, he was stolen from his true family, leaving him an unknowing outsider. And yet Loki has no knowledge of why he feels this way. Why he feels this need to prove himself to his father, to displace the brother. A brother that Loki clearly loves.

Loki might be defending his wounded pride in that moment, but there is a lot of macro truth to his words.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #774
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Yep and I love how they play that in the first film. Odin feels a bit of shame, he knows a large part of his son's anger and resentment are down to him.

When Loki speaks on these topics, to me it is clear that is far more then the one incident. That he is projecting. Thor's behavior over the years, as he is very much the boy we see at the start of Thor, was crap. And he was rewarded with the throne. Why? Because he is Odin's "actual" son. Loki had his rightful place as a king taken from him by Odin, he was stolen from his true family, leaving him an unknowing outsider. And yet Loki has no knowledge of why he feels this way. Why he feels this need to prove himself to his father, to displace the brother. A brother that Loki clearly loves.

Loki might be defending his wounded pride in that moment, but there is a lot of macro truth to his words.
Thing is, even as Gods, how do you a child, one that you have grown to love that his real father basically threw him away?

....to every King.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #775
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:

He wasnt stolen though, Odin clearly states baby Loki had been abandoned when he found him, its also implied its because he was "small for a giants offspring" if Odin hadnt taken him he would have died on Jotunheim.

If Loki believes what you say in bolded part, then this is another 'imagined slight' as its not true. Plus he is outright wrong saying that Thor tossed him into the abyss, Loki dived right into it of his own accord.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
Closed Thread