The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #951
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
You have to upload it first at image hosting sites like imgur or imageshack. Then you can insert the image over a link here.

thanks Lady M!

Old 10-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #952
Lady Marion
It's all in the swing

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh33 View Post
thanks Lady M!
You're welcome . Another little hint: You can put the link with the 'insert image button' in your post, then the picture is shown in your post.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Old 10-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #953
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
You're welcome . Another little hint: You can put the link with the 'insert image button' in your post, then the picture is shown in your post.

thanks for that as well.. i was struggling with why the picture wasnt loading; then i realized that i needed the image link for blogs

Old 10-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #954
Lady Marion
It's all in the swing

Quote:
thanks for that as well.. i was struggling with why the picture wasnt loading; then i realized that i needed the image link for blogs
Finally it works, we can see your picture

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Old 10-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #955
ItsMadness
Side-Kick

Just out of curiosity, has anyone found a higher quality version of this TV spot? I keep looking, but I can't find it (if there is one).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaH1s0nE_nQ

Old 10-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #956
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Has anyone here posted Tom doing Loki's Avengers dialogue as Owen Wilson yet? I can't, but if someone would, it's a real treat.
I posted it in the Tom Hiddleston/Loki thread. Here it is for anyone that might've not seen it (side note: the full popcorn taxi q&a video is supposed to be up tomorrow)

If Owen Wilson played Loki (from the Popcorn Taxi Q&A session)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #957
Masteryada
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I posted it in the Tom Hiddleston/Loki thread. Here it is for anyone that might've not seen it (side note: the full popcorn taxi q&a video is supposed to be up tomorrow)

If Owen Wilson played Loki (from the Popcorn Taxi Q&A session)
Haha brilliant

Old 10-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #958
Mexxecutioner
Side-Kick

Quote:
here is the kurse image mexxexecutioner
http://imgur.com/yRtYbDr

Thank you so much.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #959
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Thor:

Thor: The Mighty Avenger

The whole look, the hair, the shirt. That is exact am I right?

Old 10-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #960
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexxecutioner View Post
Thank you so much.

let me know if you want him positioned differently or changed in size proportional to the background

Old 10-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #961
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Got chills when I saw that. The villains of Phase two so far look formidable, menacing and a huge threat to the heroes. Can't wait to see what Winter Soldier does to Cap.
Agreed

Malekith looked so damn powerful and menacing in that shot I can't wait to see Winter Soldier either.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=536095

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 10-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #962
herolee10
No More Miracles

Well the villains of the Phase 2 films are definitely taking the fight to the heroes at their doorsteps, let along making it very personal for them.

You had "Mandarin" (aka Killian), attacking Tony at his house and torturing his girlfriend, before being presented as the person responsible for her supposed death as well.

Then you have Malekith, an enemy that Thor's grandfather had to contend with, who unleashes an siege on Asgard and most likely kills Frigga, before torturing Jane at some point.

And finally, you have the Winter Soldier, who we all know is Bucky, which that in itself makes it personal to Steve, let alone all of the bureaucratic stuff that takes place in the film for SHIELD.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #963
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well the villains of the Phase 2 films are definitely taking the fight to the heroes at their doorsteps, let along making it very personal for them.

You had "Mandarin" (aka Killian), attacking Tony at his house and torturing his girlfriend, before being presented as the person responsible for her supposed death as well.

Then you have Malekith, an enemy that Thor's grandfather had to contend with, who unleashes an siege on Asgard and most likely kills Frigga, before torturing Jane at some point.

And finally, you have the Winter Soldier, who we all know is Bucky, which that in itself makes it personal to Steve, let alone all of the bureaucratic stuff that takes place in the film for SHIELD.
You just described all the first phase villains as well. Stane, Loki, Red Skull, Vanko, the Betty situation. If anything, the first phase was even more personal.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #964
herolee10
No More Miracles

Perhaps; but Stane didn't actually directly kill someone that Tony "was" closed to. Killian killed off Tony's ex, and it looked as though he had killed Pepper as well, before having tortured her for awhile.

And Vanko, imho, really didn't do much other than ambushing Tony while he was out racing. He never really killed or wounded anyone close to Tony.

Red Skull, yeah, he did attack Steve close to home as well.

And Loki, well other than Loki being Thor's brother, it didn't really feel like the general stakes were all that high since it's kind of hard to be against Loki trying to wipe out the frost Giants when they're presented as the villains of the story.lol

Old 10-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #965
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Perhaps; but Stane didn't actually directly kill someone that Tony "was" closed to. Killian killed off Tony's ex, and it looked as though he had killed Pepper as well, before having tortured her for awhile.
First, everyone tries to kill Pepper. Stane did, Vanko did, and Killian did. It isn't really something new.

Stane was Tony's mentor, the closest thing he had to father. He tried to kill him and take his company. Pretty personal and pretty much on the home front.

Quote:
And Vanko, imho, really didn't do much other than ambushing Tony while he was out racing. He never really killed or wounded anyone close to Tony.
Vanko called out the Stark family name. Hence the expo being in the film. Also, almost got his identity taken from him.

Quote:
Red Skull, yeah, he did attack Steve close to home as well.
More so then that, Hydra was responsible for the "death" of their shared "father" in Erskine and we all know what happened to Bucky.

Quote:
And Loki, well other than Loki being Thor's brother, it didn't really feel like the general stakes were all that high since it's kind of hard to be against Loki trying to wipe out the frost Giants when they're presented as the villains of the story.lol
But it is completely personal. That is the point. They are brothers. Does it get more personal then that? Loki sent the Destroyer to kill his brother.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #966
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You just described all the first phase villains as well. Stane, Loki, Red Skull, Vanko, the Betty situation. If anything, the first phase was even more personal.
Killian was a far more interesting villain than Stane and Vanko. That clown trolled the whole country into thinking the Mandarin was real and almost destroyed Tony's life entirely. I actually felt Tony's life was more at risk this time when he was duking it out with Killian that he did with Stane and Vanko. And he had different motives than Vanko but more or less the the same with Stane. His just more was more intelligent.

And when did Vanko try to kill Pepper? And Killian didn't directly try to kill Pepper other than the mansion attack where he had no idea is she was there or not.

It just seems to me that in Phase Two, the stakes are much higher than Phase one.

Last edited by TeeKay; 10-13-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #967
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Killian was a far more interesting villain than Stane and Vanko. That clown trolled the whole country into thinking the Mandarin was real and almost destroyed Tony's life entirely. I actually felt Tony's life was more at risk this time when he was duking it out with Killian that he did with Stane and Vanko. And he had different motives than Vanko but more or less the the same with Stane. His just more was more intelligent.
That wasn't really the question though. The first phase was a bunch of personal situations, hitting the main characters at home.

For what it is worth, I really like Killian, but his entire plan is far more contrived then Stane. I preferred Stane as villian and threat. Even with the way he said "Tony".

Quote:
And when did Vanko try to kill Pepper? And Killian didn't really try to kill Pepper.

It just seems to me that in Phase Two, the stakes are much higher than Phase one.
I never said there weren't higher stakes. I am just saying they aren't more personal or more "at home" for the main characters.

And yeah, Vanko almost killed Pepper twice. Once in the car and once when he blew the expo. And Killian knew the risk of putting that stuff in Pepper's body.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 10-13-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #968
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
That wasn't really the question though. The first phase was a bunch of personal situations, hitting the main characters at home.

For what it is worth, I really like Killian, but his entire plan is far more contrived then Stane. I preferred Stane as villian and threat. Even with the way he said "Tony".
How?

Quote:
I never said there weren't higher stakes. I am just saying they aren't more personal or more "at home" for the main characters.

And yeah, Vanko almost killed Pepper twice. Once in the car and once when he blew the expo. And Killian knew the risk of putting that stuff in Pepper's body.
More like Pepper was caught in the crossfire with Vanko. He never directly tried to kill her the way Stane did. Oh Killian was trying to make Pepper "perfect" not trying to kill her.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #969
T"Challa
Side-Kick

The Marvel/Disney marketing machine is about to hit hit 5th gear. I've seen a TV spot during every NFL game i've seen today, including one just now on Sunday Night Football which is always one of the most watched programs of the week.

1A. The Avengers 1b. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America:Civil War 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 5.X-Men:DOFP 6. Guardians Of The Galaxy 7.Spiderman 2 8. X2: X Men United. 9. Iron Man 10. Batman Begins.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #970
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
The Marvel/Disney marketing machine is about to hit hit 5th gear. I've seen a TV spot during every NFL game i've seen today, including one just now on Sunday Night Football which is always one of the most watched programs of the week.
Did it have any new footage?

Old 10-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #971
DarthSkywalker

Tv Spot during SNF.

Quote:
How?
If you streamline his plan, it probably works. But his need to be theatrical, get revenge and play about result in his undoing in the most ridiculous way.

Kill Rhodes, kill the President. Don't kill your doctor. Have more then a couple of fools watching Tony.

Quote:
More like Pepper was caught in the crossfire with Vanko. He never directly tried to kill her the way Stane did. Oh Killian was trying to make Pepper "perfect" not trying to kill her.
And thus Pepper's life was put in danger. There was no way Vanko was trying to kill Tony with the explosion. All he had to do was fly away.

And you know what Killian was doing and we all know what could have happened. That is the point.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #972
hitmanyr2k
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
I'm watching the Redskins/Cowboys as well and have seen two spots so far. Thor is looking like a boss in that last slo-mo shot flipping Mjolnir lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 10-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #973
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Tv Spot during SNF.

If you streamline his plan, it probably works. But his need to be theatrical, get revenge and play about result in his undoing in the most ridiculous way.

Kill Rhodes, kill the President. Don't kill your doctor. Have more then a couple of fools watching Tony.
Killian didn't want revenge.

Quote:
And thus Pepper's life was put in danger. There was no way Vanko was trying to kill Tony with the explosion. All he had to do was fly away.

And you know what Killian was doing and we all know what could have happened. That is the point.
Those drones were laying around as a result of being taken out by Tony though, I don't think Vanko was directly trying to kill Pepper when he self-destructed them. Killian was in love with Pepper that's why he took her hostage, as his trophy. Nonetheless, yes we knew what could happen but I thought she was way past the point of exploding though.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #974
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Killian didn't want revenge.

That is exactly what he wants.

Quote:
Those drones were laying around as a result of being taken out by Tony though, I don't think Vanko was directly trying to kill Pepper when he self-destructed them. Killian was in love with Pepper that's why he took her hostage, as his trophy. Nonetheless, yes we knew what could happen but I thought she was way past the point of exploding though.
But Pepper is once again a damsel in ditress. Are you really arguing this point?

And Killian is not in love with Pepper. She is a trophy, a prize. Proof he beat Tony. They is why they use the phrase trophy. Does he seem all that concerned when he thinks she falls to her death? Nope. He doesn't really care for her.

And I don't think you understand how Extremis works. There is always the risk someone gets to hot. That is why they needed Tony. Otherwise, he'd had already been dead.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #975
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:

That is exactly what he wants.
Yep this movie flew over people's heads. I can't explain his motivations here, I sent you a link to an article I wrote, the explanations are there.

Quote:
But Pepper is once again a damsel in ditress. Are you really arguing this point?
Nope. she did Kick Killian's ass though

Quote:
And Killian is not in love with Pepper. She is a trophy, a prize. Proof he beat Tony. They is why they use the phrase trophy. Does he seem all that concerned when he thinks she falls to her death? Nope. He doesn't really care for her.
I recall pepper saying that Killian was always asking her out or something like that. But yes I see where you're coming from.

Quote:
And I don't think you understand how Extremis works. There is always the risk someone gets to hot. That is why they needed Tony. Otherwise, he'd had already been dead.
I know how it works, if a person doesn't regulate enough, they go too hot and boom. They have to keep taking the serum to avoid that, hence why that guy blew up at the theatre. I just think they should have developed extremis a bit more though.

Last edited by TeeKay; 10-13-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Closed Thread