The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #976
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
The Marvel/Disney marketing machine is about to hit hit 5th gear. I've seen a TV spot during every NFL game i've seen today, including one just now on Sunday Night Football which is always one of the most watched programs of the week.
That's great news, T''Challa!

Old 10-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #977
alexlachiusa
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

When do you think we will start seeing reviews? It'll have to be by the end of next week, yeah?

Old 10-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #978
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlachiusa View Post
When do you think we will start seeing reviews? It'll have to be by the end of next week, yeah?
Probably next week.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #979
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Real reviews? I am thinking the Monday before release.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #980
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Any ONCE UPON A TIME fans here? A poster there thought they saw a version of Mjolnir in Rumple's castle tonite. A large, stone looking hammer with runes on it. It has been established on that show that the Greek myths are in another kingdom of the FTL. Why not Asgard too? ABC is Disney. Or is that all too Tommy Whestphall?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ TBC'S THOR: RAGNAROK REVIEW, STRANGER THINGS 2 REVIEW AND DISNEY/FOX RUMORS.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #981
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlachiusa View Post
International release is on the 30th, so i'm guessing around the 25th or so.

1A. The Avengers 1b. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America:Civil War 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 5.X-Men:DOFP 6. Guardians Of The Galaxy 7.Spiderman 2 8. X2: X Men United. 9. Iron Man 10. Batman Begins.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #982
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Killian didn't want revenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

That is exactly what he wants.
No....no, he doesn't.

This is way off topic, of course, but nothing could be further from the truth about Killian's motives in IM3. Killian doesn't feel *slighted* by Tony's snub in 1999; he just feels despondent that no one is ever going to pay any attention to him, and that last straw is what drives him to attempt suicide that night. But his life turns around almost immediately by the serendipitous meeting with Maya Hansen, and he finds new life and purpose with Extremis.

And in 2013, he begins the movie by actually *reaching out* to Stark Industries, hat in hand, asking for funding. When the "accident" in LA risks exposure of the flaw in the Extremis design, Stark is the one who seeks revenge on the (fake) Mandarin. That forces Killian to tip his hand, and he decides to attack Stark instead to prevent him from tracking down Trevor and throwing a monkey wrench in the gears. Then Maya calls Killian off when she reveals that Stark probably knows the way to correct the Extremis problem, so Killian again changes his strategy and tries to actively recruit Stark to help him out.

At no point in the story does Killian embark on a program of revenge over some imagined slight from 13 years ago.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-14-2013, 04:35 AM   #983
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No....no, he doesn't.

This is way off topic, of course, but nothing could be further from the truth about Killian's motives in IM3. Killian doesn't feel *slighted* by Tony's snub in 1999; he just feels despondent that no one is ever going to pay any attention to him, and that last straw is what drives him to attempt suicide that night. But his life turns around almost immediately by the serendipitous meeting with Maya Hansen, and he finds new life and purpose with Extremis.

And in 2013, he begins the movie by actually *reaching out* to Stark Industries, hat in hand, asking for funding. When the "accident" in LA risks exposure of the flaw in the Extremis design, Stark is the one who seeks revenge on the (fake) Mandarin. That forces Killian to tip his hand, and he decides to attack Stark instead to prevent him from tracking down Trevor and throwing a monkey wrench in the gears. Then Maya calls Killian off when she reveals that Stark probably knows the way to correct the Extremis problem, so Killian again changes his strategy and tries to actively recruit Stark to help him out.

At no point in the story does Killian embark on a program of revenge over some imagined slight from 13 years ago.
If you want to discuss this in the appropriate place we can. But I will just say this. He isn't really attempting to to gain Tony's help when he goes to Pepper, he doesn't need funding and everyone know Stark doesn't do weapons, and if there was no revenge involved Pepper wouldn't be involved and he wouldn't say the things he does during the final confrontation.

Killian is a failed attempt at a Gruber brother. An exceptional theft who loses because he can't let a grudge go.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #984
herolee10
No More Miracles

I wonder, if Thor did make an effort to come to Earth more often and help out in dealing with its criminals and villains after the end of this film, would it be safe to presume that he'd make a good dent in lowering the crime spree within the world given what he's capable of?

I mean, up to this point within the MCU, Thor hasn't really been on Earth other than when he was banished powerless or when he was helping out during the invasion.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #985
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I wonder, if Thor did make an effort to come to Earth more often and help out in dealing with its criminals and villains after the end of this film, would it be safe to presume that he'd make a good dent in lowering the crime spree within the world given what he's capable of?

I mean, up to this point within the MCU, Thor hasn't really been on Earth other than when he was banished powerless or when he was helping out during the invasion.

I don't know. Thor as a character has never been about stopping drug dealers or bank robbers, or even international terrorists, really. Much like Supes, he's a protector, but to get involved with that stuff would set him up as a "ruler" of Earth. I won't mind Thor foiling a low level crime because it's a wrong place wrong time kind of thing, but having him say, go to Somalia and take on the Warlords or some such, feels off for the character to me.

Also, Fandral made it sound in the first film that Thor, and his companions (Loki included) had been to Earth post the war with the Jotuns. As he would have had to, in order to become part of Norse Mythology. That is something I wish they would touch upon. Sure it was back in Thor's more wild an wooly days, but there must have been good reason for the Asgardians to visit her frequently enough to get so integrated into the culture of the Norsemen. I'd like to think Thor was designated the protector of Earth by Odin, as a step towards becoming King of Asgard. Thor did an ok job of it, but it was never his biggest priority. Then Loki starts raising all sorts of hell post Thor's banishment, and now the Thunderer takes his duty more seriously.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ TBC'S THOR: RAGNAROK REVIEW, STRANGER THINGS 2 REVIEW AND DISNEY/FOX RUMORS.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #986
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Any ONCE UPON A TIME fans here? A poster there thought they saw a version of Mjolnir in Rumple's castle tonite. A large, stone looking hammer with runes on it. It has been established on that show that the Greek myths are in another kingdom of the FTL. Why not Asgard too? ABC is Disney. Or is that all too Tommy Whestphall?
Found a screencap at http://theamb3rthy8t.tumblr.com/post...is-cupboard-im

side note: http://thormovies.tumblr.com has a bunch of images of Tom in South Korea (some of Kevin Feige too) such as:

*lol*

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #987
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Why isn't Chris touring?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #988
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Why isn't Chris touring?
I believe he's filming a new movie, so Tom is pretty much handling a bunch of the overseas stuff on his own right now (Chris is slated to be on Graham Norton with Natalie soon, though)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #989
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Quote:
I don't know. Thor as a character has never been about stopping drug dealers or bank robbers, or even international terrorists, really. Much like Supes, he's a protector, but to get involved with that stuff would set him up as a "ruler" of Earth. I won't mind Thor foiling a low level crime because it's a wrong place wrong time kind of thing, but having him say, go to Somalia and take on the Warlords or some such, feels off for the character to me.

Also, Fandral made it sound in the first film that Thor, and his companions (Loki included) had been to Earth post the war with the Jotuns. As he would have had to, in order to become part of Norse Mythology. That is something I wish they would touch upon. Sure it was back in Thor's more wild an wooly days, but there must have been good reason for the Asgardians to visit her frequently enough to get so integrated into the culture of the Norsemen. I'd like to think Thor was designated the protector of Earth by Odin, as a step towards becoming King of Asgard. Thor did an ok job of it, but it was never his biggest priority. Then Loki starts raising all sorts of hell post Thor's banishment, and now the Thunderer takes his duty more seriously.
What I find funny is that they can always retcon his visits on earth because they haven't detailed his past. If the comics can retcon a Thor and apocalypse run ins during the viking age the movie universe could do something similar.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 10-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #990
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

That's where Thor has something of an advantage over Kal-El: Supes doesn't have a homeworld to go back to, so he focuses all his attention on defending and protecting the only world he's ever known. Thor still has either-or options. Personally, I think Thor's future, post-TDW, *should* focus almost exclusively on Midgard, since that's the obvious center of the MCU and keeps him close to his Avenger brethren (and sistren); but I understand how a lot of Thor fans, especially of the JMS et al. era, love the fantasy aspect of traipsing around Asgard and the outer realms. I just think that the GA will care a lot more about a Thor who defends the Earth they all know and love rather than some distant planet(s) that look like they belong on a WoW server.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #991
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I was watching tho I missed the Hammer. The only time I've ever seen Mjolnir on another show was Supernatural. They even got to use it's power

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 10-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #992
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I was watching tho I missed the Hammer. The only time I've ever seen Mjolnir on another show was Supernatural. They even got to use it's power
BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 10-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #993
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Found a screencap at http://theamb3rthy8t.tumblr.com/post...is-cupboard-im

side note: http://thormovies.tumblr.com has a bunch of images of Tom in South Korea (some of Kevin Feige too) such as:

*lol*
hahaha Kevin hahaha

....to every King.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #994
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
That doesn't count tho, that IS Thor and Mjolnir.
Speaking of which I wish they put that friggin season out already. Season 4 has been out for a long time and 5 to ME is the best Herc season

....to every King.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #995
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Thought I saw a different spot this morning before the today show came on. Don't see anything new online

....to every King.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #996
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Another thanks to @Thorfilms!
THIS is the one I saw ,THANKS MF!!

....to every King.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #997
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Thought I saw a different spot this morning before the today show came on. Don't see anything new online
Hopefully someone can post the link when a better quality of the Cains and Magic TV spot appears online.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #998
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
We have all seen Kurse. We know how he translates. He doesn't look like that.
Because the cgi isn't finished?
I mean look at that one Hammer strike scene, they've used it twice and the first time there wasn't any lightning

....to every King.

Last edited by Vartha; 10-14-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #999
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Another thanks to @Thorfilms!
The thing I love about the Jane punching Loki scene (well, other than the look on Loki's face) is Thor's flinch when she punches him. I don't know why, but that makes it even more funny to me

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #1000
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Hopefully someone can post the link when a better quality of the Cains and Magic TV spot appears online.
I would assume they would have a better quality out soon. maybe later today?

....to every King.

Closed Thread