The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League World

Old 01-07-2017, 11:52 PM   #51
Lantern Venom
Scourge of Lego Lovers

Default Re: Justice League New Animated Series

The character designs are subpar and the stories, due in no small part to time constraints, are very simplistic. I'll keep watching just because it's the JL, but it hardly feels like a must-see show.

"I'm a person just like you, but I've got better things to do than sit around and smoke dope, 'cause I know that I can cope. Laugh at the thought of eating ludes. Laugh at the thought of sniffing glue. Always gonna keep in touch; never want to use a crutch. I've got the Straight Edge." --MINOR THREAT
Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #52
brainchild81
THE MASTER BUILDER

It's quite awful

Under your watch, 50% of marriages end in divorce &the other 50% in death!
brainchild81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:41 AM   #53
CLARKY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern Venom View Post
The character designs are subpar and the stories, due in no small part to time constraints, are very simplistic. I'll keep watching just because it's the JL, but it hardly feels like a must-see show.
Actually the animaton's kind of weak too. I have the impression to watch an anime where everything glides or pops, but nothing really anim-moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoahJake View Post
Why not make a fully CGI Justice League using The Batman and Hal Jordan from the cancelled CGI TV shows? Add in they're own Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman and BAM you have your own Justice League show! They could even adapt arcs from the comics
Actually, since JLAction isn't oriented toward anything less than silly plots, I think they should totally do some fan service. I've waited a long time for a keaton/bale/conroy/bader/clooney/adams crossover episode. Even if it's only 10 minutes, action packed fan service. It would be very fun.
I also dreamt of a 10 minutes version of burton's batman or schumacher batman, within the JLAction cartoon. Fanservice again.
I suppose that it would at least be more watchable than empty plots full of punches and hits and ups and downs.

CLARKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:42 PM   #54
Panthro
Team Language

I find "Action" to be an entertaining diversion. It may not be super deep and complex but it's good relaxation viewing.

Long Live TCM
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #55
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

You know... I DON'T hate this Justice League Action series. To tell you the truth it reminds me a bit of Batman: the Brave and the Bold, without throwing Batman in every episode....Heck maybe even the original Teen Titans cartoon (which had its FAIR share of silly/stupid episodes)..

It's fun but not in a way that it insults your intelligence....than again I suppose after the way superhero cartoons have been in these past few years (especially with DC)... I guess it's a breath of fresh air

Mistah K88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:08 AM   #56
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I FINALLY got around to catching this... It's operating under too many constraints, time and apparently the conceit of combining the tones of Brave And The Bold and JLU. Great to hear Conroy as Bats again, but Supes and WW are voiced a bit generically with no real character. Still... It can be fun enough for what it is.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ NOW ON ITUNES. NEW EPISODE: In The News, KONG: SKULL ISLAND, GHOST IN THE SHELL, LEGION Discussion.

Please help a Hypester out and Tweet #HughandStewonTBC to Hugh Jackman and Sir Patrick
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:03 PM   #57
Panthro
Team Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
You know... I DON'T hate this Justice League Action series. To tell you the truth it reminds me a bit of Batman: the Brave and the Bold, without throwing Batman in every episode....Heck maybe even the original Teen Titans cartoon (which had its FAIR share of silly/stupid episodes)..

It's fun but not in a way that it insults your intelligence....than again I suppose after the way superhero cartoons have been in these past few years (especially with DC)... I guess it's a breath of fresh air
Agreed.

Am I the only one who thinks Superman's voice actor Jason J. Lewis sounds like Tim Daly?

Long Live TCM
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:29 AM   #58
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think the reaction here so far seems... Hopeful ambivalence?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ NOW ON ITUNES. NEW EPISODE: In The News, KONG: SKULL ISLAND, GHOST IN THE SHELL, LEGION Discussion.

Please help a Hypester out and Tweet #HughandStewonTBC to Hugh Jackman and Sir Patrick
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:45 AM   #59
signalman
Side-Kick

I thought the last episode was the best of the series so far.
Clark and Diana on a date.
Repulse trap.
Hawkman.
James Woods voicing Lex Luthor.

signalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:31 AM   #60
atomicbattery
Side-Kick

Very distressed by the tone here! Particularly regarding the design of the show.

Justice League Action is a showcase for the brilliant and beautiful work of the great Shane Glines, who stands alongside Bruce Timm and Darwyn Cooke as the trinity of absolutely indisputable cartooning geniuses from '90's WB animation.

On the story side, it's also got a bunch of tales by the great Paul Dini.

Please friends, educate yourselves (searching 'Shane Glines Cartoon Retro' would be a good start), and then come back and beg forgiveness!😉

atomicbattery is offline   Reply With Quote