The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Stand-Alone Movies

Old 11-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #301
superman-mos
Side-Kick

Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

I love the Kenobi , Maul, Cody idea above . I think it would be an amazing film that would really touch on a lot of character moments . Even going as far as seeing a Jedi finally having to confront all the emotions they try to avoid . Seeing obi wan dealing with such anger and probably depression from seeing the man he trained and considered a brother betray everything , Cody possibly suffering from PTSD after Order 66 and looking for another battle because that's the only place that feels like home and Maul having lost all reason for being clinging to anything that would give him a reason to keep going with revenge being all that's left. I've also heard and read some others but this is what I'd like to see

1. A seven samurai/ magnificent seven style Jedi movie
2. Origins of the Sith
3. Vader : year one - him still struggling and still not fully committed to the darkside with it ending with Vader fully accepting his role now in the universe and becoming this unstoppable force for the empire
4. The Grey Jedi - something surrounding a lone grey jedi traveling and keeping the force in balance . Almost like a man with no name western

superman-mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:15 PM   #302
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless

Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Shadow of the Empire. Thought it was a cool game and the book was pretty cool.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:07 PM   #303
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I'd want something to bring Kyle Katarn into revised canon.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:31 PM   #304
terry78
Two Brothers

I suspect the 2020 movie is either about what Obi Wan was doing between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, or a young Yoda and his path to becoming a jedi.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:21 PM   #305
Drizzle
Return of the Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I suspect the 2020 movie is either about what Obi Wan was doing between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, or a young Yoda and his path to becoming a jedi.
It has to be either one of those or a Boba Fett movie.

Drizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:51 AM   #306
titansupes
Side-Kick

Gary Whitta:

Quote:
The next spin-off is ‘Han Solo,’ that’s another familiar character, but I think increasingly you’re going to see… One of the thing things we really want to do at Lucasfilm is create a universe and not keep relying on old legacy characters. We’ve got Rey and Finn and Kylo Ren, they’ve already introduced a new generation of characters. Whatever kind of Star Wars films they’re making 10 or 20 years from now, I don’t think they’re going to be relying on the same legacy story elements as we have in the past.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ovies#/slide/1

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:35 AM   #307
Mask&Cape
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
No, never. De-mystifying Yoda just simply won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
This makes a lot of sense too me.

Star Wars is a an entire galaxy, and if they keep falling back on the same heroes and villains it would get very stale, very quickly.

I think the third Star Wars Story will move into the Sequel Trilogy era. If it was being made before Episode IX, I'd want a Poe Dameron & Black Squadron movie - it could have covered their formation and missions over the years or a Dambusters type film were they are preparing for a major mission. However, since it is due out after the Sequel Trilogy concludes I think the film will be used to expanded the post-First Order galaxy.

I was also thinking the that apart from introducing new main characters, that the standalone movies could be used for the Sequel Trilogy characters to have solo adventures and the occasional team up. For example, Rey travels the stars looking for more Jedi potentials and helping those in need, Finn tries to find evidence to lead him to his family, Poe's further adventures, Phasma becomes a bounty hunter, etc. and then a few years down the road Rey, Finn and Poe reunite for a new Saga Trilogy - something like the Marvel movies (solo adventures, Avengers movie, solo movies, avengers films, etc.)

Mask&Cape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:48 PM   #308
Matt Mortem
Gods and Monsters

I'd love a Pod Racing movie of some kind. The Fast and the Furious in a galaxy far, far away. Say what you will about the prequel movies, but I still think the pod racing was dope.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:12 PM   #309
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I don't think Fast & Furious meets Star Wars is something that needs to happen...

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:31 PM   #310
NealKenneth
Side-Kick

This is a tough one, partly because I thought the premise for Rouge One was just about perfect, but the result was definetly underwhelming. That makes me question just about everything that "sounds good."

It would be an outright waste to not do at least one film set before Episode 4 with Ewan McGregor. Hell, you could do a whole trilogy. Done well, that would replace the prequels for me. It could easily double as a Boba Fett origin and feature a little Palpatine to whet the palate.

NealKenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #311
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

How about a C-3PO spinoff movie, since Anthony Daniels must be tired of sharing the spotlight with R2-D2 in every Star Wars movie

darthcoolness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:09 AM   #312
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I'd love a Pod Racing movie of some kind. The Fast and the Furious in a galaxy far, far away. Say what you will about the prequel movies, but I still think the pod racing was dope.
Yes. So much yes.

Just make it a sports movie in the Star Wars world. I want the same thing for Quidditch in the Harry Potter universe.

Not everything needs world ending stakes. Just make a fun stand alone movie in the universe.

It's definitely more interesting than just making prequels to stories/characters

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:12 PM   #313
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

To me, Boba Fett, a Young Leia movie with Millie Bobby Brown, Old Ben/Obi-Wan Kenobi and maybe a Yoda or Knights of the Old Republic movie would be the way to go as far as standalone spin-offs. I actually liked Del Toro's idea of a "Godfather"-esque Jabba the Hutt film but he was more than likely joking about it than playing it straight with that idea.