The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Upcoming Superman Solo Movie

Old 03-28-2017, 04:09 AM   #451
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
If you've seen COLLATERAL you can see the guy can do the part of a cold blooded villain, and do it well.
Oh yeah I did see that and he was quite good. I don't know though, I'm sure there are other actors that could get me even more excited

Old 04-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #452
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

The Joseph Campbell stuff is a great fit for a non-established Superman's origin arc. Snyder is just a klutz with it.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #453
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
The Joseph Campbell stuff is a great fit for a non-established Superman's origin arc. Snyder is just a klutz with it.
How so?

misslane38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #454
BH/HHH
You Are My World

A Reddit user (I know) is saying that Black Adam will be the villain in MOS2 and Shazam is currently off the table.

In all honesty it wouldn't shock me.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #455
Frodo
Side-Kick

I tend to think the reddit report about Black Adam is BS, though I wouldn't put it pass WB to once again come up with the idea of having Superman share yet another film a primarily non-Superman character or villain.

I tend to think if Vaughn is the frontrunner he'd likely want to do his own thing and not be bound by WB execs " lets make a deal!" ideas.

That said, the idea of Johnson playing an actual primary Superman villain like Metallo, Mongul, Parasite, etc, would be badass imo.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:25 PM   #456
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

Superman v the Rock sells a movie, whether it's the Supes movie, the Black Adam movie, or the JL sequel (Legion of Doom?), so I could definitely see WB pushing for it.

I sorta wish it coulda been Supes vs Lobo in a Warworld movie, especially after seeing that glorious Ragnarok teaser, but hey, I think the Rock could do well as Black Adam too.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-10-2017 at 09:28 PM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:08 AM   #457
Silvermoth
Avenger

It's definitely a side of Superman we haven't seen yet on screen which might be fun

Old 04-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #458
Rowsdower!
Banned User

Momoa should have been Lobo. He was born to play that role and from the looks of it, his Aquaman is basically going to be Lobo with a trident.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #459
Silvermoth
Avenger

^random post but whatever.

I like momoa as Aquaman. As a Polynesian guy he had a really interesting take on Aquaman which made me say "oh this movie is going to be really cool"

Old 04-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #460
Rorschach2012
Number One Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Momoa should have been Lobo. He was born to play that role and from the looks of it, his Aquaman is basically going to be Lobo with a trident.
Ive been thinking after the Cable thing, they should get Brad Pitt for Lobo

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:36 AM   #461
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I tend to think the reddit report about Black Adam is BS, though I wouldn't put it pass WB to once again come up with the idea of having Superman share yet another film a primarily non-Superman character or villain.

I tend to think if Vaughn is the frontrunner he'd likely want to do his own thing and not be bound by WB execs " lets make a deal!" ideas.

That said, the idea of Johnson playing an actual primary Superman villain like Metallo, Mongul, Parasite, etc, would be badass imo.
I think it's BS too. And I don't want it either because, as you said, Superman would be sharing his movie with a non-Superman character again.. But I guess Superman could turn up in Black Adam or Shazam's movie...

I hope they don't restrict Vaughn to that.

Willi Berg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #462
Ultimate Thor
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
I think it's BS too. And I don't want it either because, as you said, Superman would be sharing his movie with a non-Superman character again.. But I guess Superman could turn up in Black Adam or Shazam's movie...

I hope they don't restrict Vaughn to that.
Yeah, it wouldn't work. Not to mention that Superman and BA don't share a single memorable story together.

Ultimate Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:26 PM   #463
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I think Superman will be 2019, 2020 at the latest. Absolutely no way it's coming in 2018 nor would I want them to rush a big budget high Fx movie for them either.
Vaughn could still begin filming this year, probably in the fall, for a 2019 release. But that's if he finalizes the deal, hash out a script with Jane Goldman, and start prepping immediately.

He'll probably take his time developing the story if he signs on like he did with the two Kingsman sequels. But it's possible he's mulling WB's offer and discussing story ideas with Ms. Goldman.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:04 AM   #464
Rorschach2012
Number One Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Thor View Post
Yeah, it wouldn't work. Not to mention that Superman and BA don't share a single memorable story together.
Superman/Shazam: Return of Black Adam wasn't a comic but it was a great short movie that could easily serve as the basis of a live action movie

Old 04-18-2017, 04:50 AM   #465
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Superman/Shazam: Return of Black Adam wasn't a comic but it was a great short movie that could easily serve as the basis of a live action movie
I liked it because it was Clark/Superman guest-starring in a Shazam story. It was a good intro to Billy Batson. It showed some of his life as an orphan, and Clark was a good fit as someone trying to help Billy. It actually could be cool to see Superman appear in a Shazam! movie in a similar way.

That's different than some character like Black Adam from another DC universe coming into Superman's movie yet again whose backstory has to be explained and the focus taken off Superman's world.

Anyway, this is a reddit rumour. I don't know why it is being given so much credence.

I think Superman appearing in a Black Adam or Shazam! movie would be better and help those movies more than Black Adam appearing in Superman's.

Last edited by Willi Berg; 04-18-2017 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:26 AM   #466
Powerman34
Side-Kick

Jeffrey Dean Moran for Lobo!

Powerman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #467
Rorschach2012
Number One Guy

Quote:
I liked it because it was Clark/Superman guest-starring in a Shazam story. It was a good intro to Billy Batson. It showed some of his life as an orphan, and Clark was a good fit as someone trying to help Billy. It actually could be cool to see Superman appear in a Shazam! movie in a similar way.

That's different than some character like Black Adam from another DC universe coming into Superman's movie yet again whose backstory has to be explained and the focus taken off Superman's world.

Anyway, this is a reddit rumour. I don't know why it is being given so much credence.

I think Superman appearing in a Black Adam or Shazam! movie would be better and help those movies more than Black Adam appearing in Superman's.
It's more than a reddit rumor. The rumors started when Henry and Dwayne took a photo together. Dwayne has gone on record saying he wants to fight Superman on screen. Then Dwayne made those comments about the huge surprise in store for the Black Adam movie.

The reddit rumor was an educated guess

Old 04-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #468
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

I'd say this is beyond being a possibility given the Rock's star power and his pull. If he truly, truly wants this thing to go down, somehow it'll be arranged.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #469
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
It's more than a reddit rumor. The rumors started when Henry and Dwayne took a photo together. Dwayne has gone on record saying he wants to fight Superman on screen. Then Dwayne made those comments about the huge surprise in store for the Black Adam movie.

The reddit rumor was an educated guess
I saw that photo. I still think it is more for the Shazam/Black Adam franchise.

The reddit rumor seems entirely based on that photo and some vague comments and nothing solid.

Still not really digging the idea for the Superman movie.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:47 PM   #470
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
I'd say this is beyond being a possibility given the Rock's star power and his pull. If he truly, truly wants this thing to go down, somehow it'll be arranged.
Yes the future of Superman and DCEU should be in the hands of The Rock and his whims.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:04 PM   #471
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
I saw that photo. I still think it is more for the Shazam/Black Adam franchise.

The reddit rumor seems entirely based on that photo and some vague comments and nothing solid.

Still not really digging the idea for the Superman movie.
I'm not digging the idea either. Like I said before, Dwayne playing another actual Superman rogue like Metallo, Parasite, Mongul , etc, I'd be fine with, but the idea of trying to resolve two stalled projects by combining them isn't gonna make it imo.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:35 PM   #472
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I'm not digging the idea either. Like I said before, Dwayne playing another actual Superman rogue like Metallo, Parasite, Mongul , etc, I'd be fine with, but the idea of trying to resolve two stalled projects by combining them isn't gonna make it imo.
Right on. It's Superman, people. Not "Black Adam v Superman: Dwayne The Rock Johnson."

Old 06-02-2017, 01:47 AM   #473
ManWithNoName18
Side-Kick

Having seen Wonder Woman I got to say it has a lot of the components I'd like to see in a MOS 2.

Probably the biggest is the heart of the movie. The emotional beats really hit in a way I felt they didn't for Superman in MOS/BVS.

Also Superman needs to have a big rousing moment of pure heroic triumph ala No Man's Land sequence.

Nothing in MOS or BVS really had that same impact on me. The BVS Superman saving people montage just didn't quite hit the mark.

Last edited by ManWithNoName18; 06-02-2017 at 01:55 AM.
ManWithNoName18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 05:42 AM   #474
DerekLake
Build a better world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithNoName18 View Post
Having seen Wonder Woman I got to say it has a lot of the components I'd like to see in a MOS 2.

Probably the biggest is the heart of the movie. The emotional beats really hit in a way I felt they didn't for Superman in MOS/BVS.

Also Superman needs to have a big rousing moment of pure heroic triumph ala No Man's Land sequence.

Nothing in MOS or BVS really had that same impact on me. The BVS Superman saving people montage just didn't quite hit the mark.
I agree. I'm hoping that Wonder Woman's success convinces WB that a Superman film done right could work - that it doesn't have to be either a romance like Donner or darker/grim/cynical like BvS.

Also, I definitely don't want Superman vs. Black Adam. It could work in a more developed DCEU, down the road. But Supes needs to take those last few steps to becoming Supes (i.e., truth and justice).

You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
DerekLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:17 AM   #475
Ultimate Thor
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLake View Post
I agree. I'm hoping that Wonder Woman's success convinces WB that a Superman film done right could work - that it doesn't have to be either a romance like Donner or darker/grim/cynical like BvS.

Also, I definitely don't want Superman vs. Black Adam. It could work in a more developed DCEU, down the road. But Supes needs to take those last few steps to becoming Supes (i.e., truth and justice).
Agreed on everything!

Ultimate Thor is offline   Reply With Quote