The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Jessica Jones

Old 04-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #251
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

If they lowered the number of episodes, it would be more feasible, imo.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:43 PM   #252
Kane52630
Astral Plane User

8-10 episodes always seem like the magic number with any tv drama.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #253
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Marvel’s Jessica Jones casts Oscar nominee Janet McTeer in major season 2 mystery role

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/06/jessica-...teer-season-2/

HunBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #254
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Marvel’s Jessica Jones casts Oscar nominee Janet McTeer in major season 2 mystery role

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/06/jessica-...teer-season-2/
She's way too old to be anyone who I want the villain to be. Somebody like Typhoid, Songbird, Moonstone or Riccadonna needs to be under 40 since I want somebody who will not only be around in the MCU for the long haul but also be able to be somewhat athletic.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #255
Barry Parker
Scorpion 4 Spidey sequel

Character breakdowns for season 2 casting
http://mcuexchange.com/exclusive-cha...ones-season-2/

Barry Parker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #256
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Barry Allen said Dr. Karl Malus and the corporation would be a good fit for the IGH stuff.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #257
Dr. Evil
I am Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
She's way too old to be anyone who I want the villain to be. Somebody like Typhoid, Songbird, Moonstone or Riccadonna needs to be under 40 since I want somebody who will not only be around in the MCU for the long haul but also be able to be somewhat athletic.
She'll probably be a "corporate" type of villain, something that we've seen a lot of on Marvel TV these days.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:52 PM   #258
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Parker View Post
Character breakdowns for season 2 casting
http://mcuexchange.com/exclusive-cha...ones-season-2/
Considering that Nuke is back and it sounds like IGH are going to be the major players, it's very likely that Ingrid is Typhoid. They can't make her a mutant but she was experimented on as a child on the comics so being a dark mirror of Jessica works out. The fact that they specified dark hair implies that they're searching for somebody who's Hispanic-looking and the streetwise part also fits.

My only request is that she not be killed off since there's simply too much history between Typhoid and both Wilson Fisk and Matt Murdock and losing that means losing who she is as a character. That plus the Avengers Initiative and Hand connections make her such an important part of the street level Marvel Universe in the comics.

The part of me that thinks that she isn't Typhoid is that the description says nurse instead of artist and makes no mention of multiple personalities.

If she is, I really hope that Genesis Rodriguez or Eiza Gonzales gets the part.

And Kirby is definitely Karl Malus, the "one year deal" already pretty much confirms that he's going to fight Luke Cage since he and Cage have plenty of history with each other.

Paladin looks likely since I doubt that Daredevil would ever use him.

Not familiar with Otis Johnson so I can't comment.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #259
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I don't think any of those choices are very likely. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're unlikely. I certainly think they're possible. But there's nothing in there that's beyond cryptic and most are at best tangentially related (particularly any suggestions of Typhoid Mary). I wouldn't exclude the possibility that we're talking about original characters.

If Mary's done right, I have no problem with her being in Jessica Jones - particularly as an experiment in that company. Mary really is about the exploration of sexuality and power and blurring the line between exploiting and being exploited. While I'd love her as a Daredevil villain, she fits in comfortably in Jessica Jones. But I'm not going to get my hopes up based on that description without at least some mention of mental illness.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #260
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I'll be a little disappointed if they put Typhoid Mary into Jessica Jones. But I'd put it aside if we get a really awesome Bullseye WITH a costume.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:31 AM   #261
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

I could see why they would want to use Typhoid Mary as a villain in Jessica Jones. The two of them would make interesting adversaries. Both are victims of abuse and have mental health issues. I also think Typhoid Mary might be left out of Daredevil because in some aspects like the disturbed femme fatale romance have already been covered with Elektra.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:41 AM   #262
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

To elaborate, I would clarify by saying "this Elektra." Elektra in the original Daredevil Saga was nothing like Typhoid Mary. But Elektra in The Man Without Fear and Elektra: Assassin to some degree were much more similar. The show drew on that version quite a bit. Typhoid Mary tends to overlap with her a lot. I certainly would fear that we wouldn't get her at all. I would take a Mary done well in a Jessica Jones series over no Mary at all.

Although I do agree that Bullseye should have some variant of his costume. And I mean his original costume, not the Hardcore/movie costume.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:25 AM   #263
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

A professional assassin should probably have a mask at least to cover their identity. I hope Bullseye gets some sort of costume but at best we will probably get one scene with him wearing a ski mask with a Bullseye patch on the forehead when he carries out a hit on someone as a nod to the comics. The Netflix shows aren't overly into giving characters their comic costumes outside of the odd bit of fan service scenes.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #264
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
A professional assassin should probably have a mask at least to cover their identity. I hope Bullseye gets some sort of costume but at best we will probably get one scene with him wearing a ski mask with a Bullseye patch on the forehead when he carries out a hit on someone as a nod to the comics. The Netflix shows aren't overly into giving characters their comic costumes outside of the odd bit of fan service scenes.
I'd be happy if he has just a beanie with the target on it plus some subtle tactical gear.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:08 PM   #265
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I still say the better use for Bullseye would not be as assassin, but as serial killer. They haven't really done any of the classic serial killer stories for Matt yet, and Bullseye would work fine as a schtick serial killer.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #266
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
I'd be happy if he has just a beanie with the target on it plus some subtle tactical gear.
I've said before but an underrated element that I'd like to have are the white gloves. A balaclava with a bullseye, tactical gear, and white gloves could work quite well.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #267
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

There are characters that could have practical grounded costumes for good reasons. It is a little odd when they try to explain away why they don't do a version of the comic costumes sometimes. General audiences probably don't care that much but fans will appreciate those little details and it isn't something that would take a ton of effort to do.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #268
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i care not about needing an explination on why a costume makes sense or not.. i'll never understand why it's perfectly acceptable for studios to put characters like Cap, Spidey, Vision etc.. in colorful costumes that really don't make a whole lot of sense other than "they just wanted that motif and design" and to be icons for good.

when... why can't a villain where the same thing or spandex and do bad? Kinda also shocked we've never seen a "villain who was a failed hero...he's a vigilante, but his idea of good... is actually quite bad"

i said it with Electro in Amazing 2.. why can't he have the yellow green ridiculous costume and make it bad ass? he's insane.. he idolized a hero.. why not make his own "hero" costume, and snap.. and be villainized.

spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #269
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I'm tired of needing reasons for costumes. Both in the real world, and within the MCU, super heroes are well-known concepts. They're a part of everyday life--whether you see them on TV, or they come up in discussion, whatever. They're an accepted part of things now.

To me, that removes the need for "justification" of any of the parts that come with being a superhero. I doubt anybody asks "why is that person wearing a brightly-colored costume?" They know the answer to it.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:43 AM   #270
Loki882
Side-Kick

It's more about the characters themselves needing a reason. If you're going to have a character dress up in a silly costume, then you need to explain why they'd do that. And no, "because other people are doing it" is not good enough imo.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:47 AM   #271
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I don't know how Jessica Jones got turned into this discussion, but I think the justification for a villain's costume can be pretty straight forward. It's basically Nolan's The Dark Knight. The idea is escalation. It's the hero that inspires the villain. Daredevil wears a costume, the villains respond in kind.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #272
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I don't know how Jessica Jones got turned into this discussion, but I think the justification for a villain's costume can be pretty straight forward. It's basically Nolan's The Dark Knight. The idea is escalation. It's the hero that inspires the villain. Daredevil wears a costume, the villains respond in kind.
You might think so, but it seems in the Defenders, it could still be the case that DD wears a costume, and Punisher even has his skull symbol (not in Defenders but in this universe) but Iron Fist still doesn't respond in kind but sticks to his beard and curly mop outfit. We don't know if the villains might just follow the example of all the non-costumed Defenders instead of DD.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:26 PM   #273
Random490
Side-Kick

Justifying costumes isn't hard, any writer can write a decent throw away line to explain a costume, one of the few things I liked in DD '03 is when Colin Farrell says "I want a costume", something like that is all you really need. The real question would be does the costume fit the character, story, and tone of the show. JJ is a perfect example why the show shouldn't have costumes. She a private eye and with the cases and stories she takes having a costumed character wouldn't quite fit.

However I'd want that characters clothes to at least evoke or reference their costumes in someway, like the yellow in Luke Cage's hoodie, or the green button down Iron Fist has in the Defenders promo images. I mean while I'd much rather prefer IF have a costume I was way more annoyed by the lack of green in his wardrobe. I'd like Jessica to have a white shirt with a blue neck line and a pink diamond shape sewn in. Something subtle that calls out to her comic book costume but does ruin her look, which was a really great choice by the costuming department it perfectly fits her character.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #274
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
It's more about the characters themselves needing a reason. If you're going to have a character dress up in a silly costume, then you need to explain why they'd do that. And no, "because other people are doing it" is not good enough imo.
I don't think the characters themselves even need much of a reason beyond wanted to be a superhero. The costume is a widely accepted part of being a superhero, so I think it comes with the territory.

If they're doing the superhero thing, "because other superheroes have costumes" is definitely enough for me.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #275
Ultimate Movie-Man
Master of Kick-arsery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
I'm tired of needing reasons for costumes. Both in the real world, and within the MCU, super heroes are well-known concepts. They're a part of everyday life--whether you see them on TV, or they come up in discussion, whatever. They're an accepted part of things now.

To me, that removes the need for "justification" of any of the parts that come with being a superhero. I doubt anybody asks "why is that person wearing a brightly-colored costume?" They know the answer to it.
100%

I like the reasons people come up with justifications though but this, all this. Just put on those spandex and get to work

Follow Me On Twitter
"Like" My Production Company
Like LEGO®? #BuildWithMe
Chattery on Xbox Live
Caldor90 on PSN
Ultimate Movie-Man is offline   Reply With Quote