The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Iron Fist

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #476
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy
 
DorkyFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Currently living in sanity.
Posts: 19,539
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
it's not even that as they actually came up with the only tough bit, the mask!
You talking about the war footage Bakuto showed? It doesn't take much effort to make it a costume look decent in blurry, grainy, shaky cam from a distance.

__________________
Karma: What Goes Around Comes Around: You Get What You Give: Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
<-:{=:]:[my ART thread]:[:=}:->
DorkyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #477
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 12,505
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

I think he's referring to the bts color pic.

__________________
BLACK PANTHER
****February 16, 2018****

Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:05 PM   #478
Brawl
Side-Kick
 
Brawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 477
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

I don't know where this costume came from but I think this would look good live action


Brawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:15 PM   #479
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy
 
DorkyFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Currently living in sanity.
Posts: 19,539
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I think he's referring to the bts color pic.
Didn't know there was one...mah bad.

__________________
Karma: What Goes Around Comes Around: You Get What You Give: Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
<-:{=:]:[my ART thread]:[:=}:->
DorkyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:07 AM   #480
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota
 
Tymminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,070
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
I don't know where this costume came from but I think this would look good live action

Wow, that's pretty cool!

__________________
My MCU Movie Grades:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
IM=A, TIH=C+, IM2=B-, T=B, CA:TFA=B, TA=A, IM3=C+, T:TDW=B-, CA:TWS=A+, GotG=A-, TA:AoU=B+, AM=B+, CA:CW=A, DS=B+, GotGV2=B+, SM:H=A, T:R=?, BP=?,TA:IW=?, AM&tW=?, CM=?, TA:??=?, I=?


My DCEU Movie Grades:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
MoS=C, BvS:DoJ=C-, SS=D+, WW=A-, JLP1=?, TF=?, AM=?, S=?, JL2=?, C=?, GLC=?, B=?
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:51 PM   #481
TheUnknownX
Find x.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 165
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

If they don't want Danny to have a full on costume, they can have a similar look to these








TheUnknownX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:40 PM   #482
Mondragon
Side-Kick
 
Mondragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,760
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post


It was basically Zorro without his hat.
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wampa1 View Post
I was going to say I wonder if Matt Murdock saw it and was inspired as it's basically his costume .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven
The whole mask gives his face a completely different look to when [Dare Devil] had the black Iron Fist bandana over his head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
They could definitely pull off that whole bandana/cowl thing. Daredevil basically looked like Iron Fist, but only in black.



Note: "Dear Zorro please stop infringing on our Daredevil Iron-Fist visual trademarks, your friends at Disney/Marvel/Netfix, ps ...tell your pall Dread Pirate Roberts too. We own that **** now! "
\


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
I think the classic mask from the archive ^ footage and photo work great!


Simple Shaolin style garments, and a Zorro / Pirate style bandanna mask, one of the most straight forward somewhat convincing grounded looking "costumes" if you can even call it a costume, easy to convey in live action, and lends itself perfectly to the concept and narrative.

__________________
The World's Greatest Heroes....
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ndsHBTitle.gif
Created from the Cosmic-Reaches of the Universe.

Last edited by Mondragon; 04-11-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Mondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:31 PM   #483
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 8,426
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownX View Post
If they don't want Danny to have a full on costume, they can have a similar look to these.
Yeah, I've made that argument before that all they really need (for a bare minimum) is the mask. The only reason why I don't think that's an entirely practical solution since New York can get cold, but it would have been a good compromise to start.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #484
Hmarrs
Side-Kick
 
Hmarrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,670
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I would assume that the champion of a mystical monastery would have some sort of unique outfit to denote his special place in society...or at least...it would not be unique for a religious type order to give certain members symbolic clothing.
What if it were more of a headpiece not cloth but not quite a helmet but one that allowed him to channel into his Inner Chi or even for the Iron fist because of all the eternal distractions especially in the City...Even to where if its Knocked off it throws him off...

__________________
Every day is new beggining.
Hmarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #485
Random490
Side-Kick
 
Random490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,015
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Picture from behind the scenes of the black and white footage

http://www.screengeek.net/wp-content.../iron-fist.jpg

I was really curious how they would design the mask, a lot of fan concepts and photoshops never looked right, and I really like it there. I have a feeling they want to introduce the mask as a Kun Lun tradition, thus Finn's "it could take a few seasons to get it" line. Thought I thought of a way they could have in season 1. Just have Bakuto hand him the mask saying, "It was believed to have been own by an Iron Fist, it's theorized that he would wear a mask so that those who did not know of Kun Lun would think he was just a bandit." Pair the mask with a cool green jacket and bam, costume. But it wouldn't make much sense for him to wear it suddenly, everyone he's fighting know his identity pretty early on. Really no need for the mask even in the climax except for fan service. Still would have been cool.

It's a shame you couldn't make it out in the actual show.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:04 PM   #486
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 8,426
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Given what happened with Bokuto, I feel that would be problematic because it would taint the mask.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:23 PM   #487
Darepool
superhero artist
 
Darepool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Planet Kirby
Posts: 1,490
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

I just don't think Loeb is interested. He is trying too hard to shape an anti-cinematic MCU at Marvel TV. Other then copy the set-up to forming a team.

__________________
Homecoming Hero
Darepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #488
2kt09
Here 'N' There
 
2kt09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 5,729
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darepool View Post
I just don't think Loeb is interested. He is trying too hard to shape an anti-cinematic MCU at Marvel TV. Other then copy the set-up to forming a team.


That's sort of what happens when you're trying to make the characters and their world more palpable when the cinematic side got it covered on the grandiose escapism. Also, I think it's just ABC's sensibilities bleeding into Netflix because Marco Polo just looks heck of a lot more cinematic.

__________________
Make Marvel Animation Great Again
Cook and Weisman's The Spectacular Spider-Man is to cbtv what Singer's X-Men were to cbm's
MCU_________DCU_________X-MCU
Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:42 PM   #489
Darepool
superhero artist
 
Darepool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Planet Kirby
Posts: 1,490
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post


That's sort of what happens when you're trying to make the characters and their world more palpable when the cinematic side got it covered on the grandiose escapism. Also, I think it's just ABC's sensibilities bleeding into Netflix because Marco Polo just looks heck of a lot more cinematic.

DD is pretty much on point, but it does seem these shows are under the gun to meet the Defenders deadline, but why? Is it contractual that they have to put Defenders out by a certain date? If not they are just in a race with themselves... I loved JJ but it stalled a bit in the second half and LC and IF DEFINITELY needed more time in the oven...As time goes on the poor management at Marvel TV is starting to get exposed. Thank god Feige no longer has to deal.

__________________
Homecoming Hero
Darepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #490
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,425
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darepool View Post
DD is pretty much on point, but it does seem these shows are under the gun to meet the Defenders deadline, but why? Is it contractual that they have to put Defenders out by a certain date? If not they are just in a race with themselves... I loved JJ but it stalled a bit in the second half and LC and IF DEFINITELY needed more time in the oven...As time goes on the poor management at Marvel TV is starting to get exposed. Thank god Feige no longer has to deal.
They were under a deadline. That's why Iron Fist appeared rushed compared to the other three. I also suspect that the other shows ate into Iron Fist's budget.

__________________
Thread Manager Is My Most Hated Mod
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:34 PM   #491
Random490
Side-Kick
 
Random490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,015
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Given what happened with Bokuto, I feel that would be problematic because it would taint the mask.
I was just picturing Danny puts it in his pocket and then later looks at it and go "let's do this", not as a give from Bokuto but as an acceptance of his predecessors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darepool View Post
I just don't think Loeb is interested. He is trying too hard to shape an anti-cinematic MCU at Marvel TV. Other then copy the set-up to forming a team.
I don't see that. Daredevil didn't shy from the costumes in season 2, hell even potter had his gladiator shirt. Plus Agents of Shield and the upcoming InHumans disproves that. The netflix are going for a very specific tone that's different from the rest of the MCU, giving neflix something unique. it makes perfect sense that Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Ion Fist don't have costumes. It doesn't fit with JJ's concept, Luke Cage doesn't have a secret identity (and hasn't had an actual costume in the comics for decades), and Danny Rand is incredibly naive and uncaring about appearances. They're more concern with character and story (to varying degrees of success) than shoehorning a costume into the story. Still all three had great call outs to their original outfits.

It's not a statement against the marvel films, just a creative direction they've chosen for these specific series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darepool View Post
DD is pretty much on point, but it does seem these shows are under the gun to meet the Defenders deadline, but why? Is it contractual that they have to put Defenders out by a certain date? If not they are just in a race with themselves... I loved JJ but it stalled a bit in the second half and LC and IF DEFINITELY needed more time in the oven...As time goes on the poor management at Marvel TV is starting to get exposed. Thank god Feige no longer has to deal.
They signed a deal with Neflix, who can impose the time frame. Television and movies rely heavily with staying on schedule. It's the nature of the busy and necessary to make sure you don't got bankrupt. Unfortunately that could mean that quality can suffer. You gotta remember, this is a business and sometimes you have to compromise in order for the numbers to add up and deadlines met. Nature of the beast.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:53 PM   #492
Darepool
superhero artist
 
Darepool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Planet Kirby
Posts: 1,490
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post

I don't see that. Daredevil didn't shy from the costumes in season 2, hell even potter had his gladiator shirt. Plus Agents of Shield and the upcoming InHumans disproves that. The netflix are going for a very specific tone that's different from the rest of the MCU, giving neflix something unique. it makes perfect sense that Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Ion Fist don't have costumes. It doesn't fit with JJ's concept, Luke Cage doesn't have a secret identity (and hasn't had an actual costume in the comics for decades), and Danny Rand is incredibly naive and uncaring about appearances. They're more concern with character and story (to varying degrees of success) than shoehorning a costume into the story. Still all three had great call outs to their original outfits.

It's not a statement against the marvel films, just a creative direction they've chosen for these specific series.
The only two I cared about having costumes were DD and IF, so as of right now they are 1 for 2...

I understand they aren't 'against' Marvel in terms of their sentiments towards the films, but it certainly seems like the 'creative direction' was in part dictated by not being seen as an MCU-lite universe and being something distinct in it's own right, ie, the dark, gritty grounded fare. Perfectly fine for DD or a neo-noir series like JJ, but when you start getting into Cage and IF it becomes more problematic and suddenly you are fighting against your own concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
They signed a deal with Neflix, who can impose the time frame. Television and movies rely heavily with staying on schedule. It's the nature of the busy and necessary to make sure you don't got bankrupt. Unfortunately that could mean that quality can suffer. You gotta remember, this is a business and sometimes you have to compromise in order for the numbers to add up and deadlines met. Nature of the beast.
I understand but these things are obviously influx as evidenced by the additions of the Punisher and DD season 2, which although I'm certain they were planning before season 1 aired, it still wasn't a guarantee.

__________________
Homecoming Hero

Last edited by Darepool; 04-02-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Darepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:10 PM   #493
Random490
Side-Kick
 
Random490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,015
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darepool View Post
The only two I cared about having costumes were DD and IF, so as of right now they are 1 for 2...

I understand they aren't 'against' Marvel in terms of their sentiments towards the films, but it certainly seems like the 'creative direction' was in part dictated by not being seen as an MCU-lite universe and being something distinct in it's own right, ie, the dark, gritty grounded fare. Perfectly fine for DD or a neo-noir series like JJ, but when you start getting into Cage and IF it becomes more problematic and suddenly your fighting against your own concept.
I don't think Cage needs a costume, like I said for like two decades his outfit has just been normal clothes. But yest Iron Fist should get some sort of outfit at some point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darepool View Post
I understand but these things are obviously influx as evidenced by the additions of the Punisher and DD season 2, which although I'm certain they were planning before season 1 aired, it still wasn't a guarantee.
I believe Netflix greenlit a season for 5 series, DD, JJ, LC, IF, and Defenders. Well Punisher and DD season 2 are outside of the initial agreement and as such probably didn't effect Iron Fist as much. It could have been any number of reasons for IF to be rushed, a number of things could have gone wrong or been delayed in pre production.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #494
Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,008
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread




This is very workable for TV

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:21 PM   #495
PWN3R
Instagram:@Mannie_Bothans
 
PWN3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mr. Cluck's
Posts: 20,216
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

I really hate the current Iron Fist tracksuit that the comics use, but this show made me actually miss it. That's something easily translatable to live action. Danny needs a suit.

__________________
^ all typoes are intentional


“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:05 AM   #496
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 14,970
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Is that the Game of Death jumpsuit inspired one?

__________________
Don't be ashamed of the source material when making your adaption. EMBRACE it.
Brian Braddock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:52 PM   #497
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 9,008
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

I wonder if something akin to the Ultimateverse version of Danny's costume could work. Though I would add that with the classic IF style headscarf as well and have the forearm wraps cover his fists akin to Matt's proto-Daredevil costume.



Though that might come off a bit like Double Dragon. lol


Not like that's a bad thing.


Last edited by The Infernal; 04-10-2017 at 07:13 PM.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:08 PM   #498
Mondragon
Side-Kick
 
Mondragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,760
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWN3R View Post
I really hate the current Iron Fist tracksuit that the comics use, but this show made me actually miss it. That's something easily translatable to live action. Danny needs a suit.
His Simple Shaolin style gi, in green, and a Zorro / Pirate style bandanna mask, is one of the most straight forward grounded looking "costumes". (if you can even call it a costume), it should easily translate to live action.

__________________
The World's Greatest Heroes....
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ndsHBTitle.gif
Created from the Cosmic-Reaches of the Universe.

Last edited by Mondragon; 04-20-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Mondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #499
pixen
Side-Kick
 
pixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,048
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

I honestly would rather this look than nothing. I think it's fun while keeping his identity secret.


pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #500
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 9,008
Default Re: Iron fist Costume thread

Not really digging the tracksuit. Even on the comic cover it's not that much of a costume. As toned down as that high collar is it doesn't mesh well with what is really just a tracksuit. It's a nice nod to the Bruce Lee Game of Death costume, but I wouldn't want a tracksuit as his main costume. Not even in the comics.

The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.