The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 57 85.07%
No 10 14.93%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2017, 10:29 AM   #926
eon001
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...)

I'm going to keep an open mind. If there going to pull them out of Attilan and make it a fish out of water story then I'll roll with it. But this line is bugging me...

"...surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them may prove to not only save them, but Earth itself."

WHY does the stakes have to be so high!? This is what killed the Heroes tv show. Every season had world saving stakes.

Just make a personal story about the Royals. The only stakes should be there lives and well being. I don't want them to fight a mindless horde, stop a light beam form destroying the planet, prevent the earth core from breaking etc.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #927
Bkbboy
New User - Level 0

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
I'm going to keep an open mind. If there going to pull them out of Attilan and make it a fish out of water story then I'll roll with it. But this line is bugging me...

"...surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them may prove to not only save them, but Earth itself."

WHY does the stakes have to be so high!? This is what killed the Heroes tv show. Every season had world saving stakes.

Just make a personal story about the Royals. The only stakes should be there lives and well being. I don't want them to fight a mindless horde, stop a light beam form destroying the planet, prevent the earth core from breaking etc.
This. Totally agreed. I would love it if they kept the focus small, i.e. like Netflix's stuff.

Bkbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:46 PM   #928
UltimatePyro9
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbboy View Post
This. Totally agreed. I would love it if they kept the focus small, i.e. like Netflix's stuff.
Or the Ant-Man movie.

UltimatePyro9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:57 PM   #929
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
They still would have to build sets for Attilan, which would be expensive. They might also require a lot of CGI to effectively render their homeworld.
Their homeworld is Earth, so I'm a bit confused what you meant there. What happened to the reports about them taking over a naval base? I thought that was precisely because of an Attilan set.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #930
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Attilan looks similar to Asgard. Their skyscrapers look really futuristic.

Emma Sage Kitty Jubilee M Husk Marrow Cecilia Blink Lifeguard Stacy

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-07-2017 at 07:20 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:58 AM   #931
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Oh, so you're just talking about a CGI matte painting then? That's not difficult at all. I remember as far back as Enterprise that they could make gorgeous high definition matte paintings on a TV budget. Assuming they rendered Attilan to look like it did in that picture (Fantastic Four, maybe? I'm not placing it), it still would only be needed for establishing shots.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #932
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Shooting an entire series with CGI as the backdrop is very expensive. Not to mention, they would have to design the streets and different location of Attilan. ABC's Once Upon a Time can't even do that justice without the effects looking like a green screen vfx.

I am quite sure, the decision to film on actual location, like the streets of Hawaii is to lessen the VFX work.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:56 AM   #933
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I prefer good matte painting work, matte compositing and miniatures over CGI. Watch RoboCop for reference.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:35 AM   #934
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

So the shows first season doesn't seem like it will have direct ties to AoS. How is everyone feeling about this? I'm personally pretty frankly glad.

I'd like for them to just make a decent show. After they prove that we can reassess.

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:07 AM   #935
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
So the shows first season doesn't seem like it will have direct ties to AoS. How is everyone feeling about this? I'm personally pretty frankly glad.

I'd like for them to just make a decent show. After they prove that we can reassess.
Yeah, having it directly tie in with AoS would make look too much like a spin off. But I'd like some reference to InHumans existing outside of Attilan. Also wouldn't mind some kind of crossover on AoS (since they have a ton of episodes per season).

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #936
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post

Could having Maximus sitting on the throne of attilan be a threat to earth?
The old maximus wants war but blackbolt wants peace with humanity? This leading him to take the throne and blackbolt etc... fleeing.
Been done numerous times but can see them going this route.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:34 PM   #937
SwiftFox
Side-Kick

Too early to say, but I think at this point you might get a smash up of the Lee/Jenkins run and the Inhumans debut from the pages of the Fantastic Four (whatcha think Mike Murdock?)

Old 04-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #938
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Personally speaking, Aos needs to be buried especially if gets canceled next month.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:31 AM   #939
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I prefer good matte painting work, matte compositing and miniatures over CGI. Watch RoboCop for reference.
That too would be expensive for an ABC show too. They can't really do a fantasy/sci fi show with non-cheap lookingsets, visual and practical effects without spending a lot of money. Lost' pilot cost more than ten million, was also filmed in Hawaii and was for ABC though that was a rare ocassion and that one didn't have characters that would need to wear outlandish outfits and practical make up effects and characters that have special powers. To do Inhumans properly, like visually right, they can't do it with an usual Tv budget.

Inhumans don't live in a tropical island. Their environment is quite different especially to the environment of the Netflix heroes and they don't go to work or an office like Captain America and the other Shield operatives.

I'd be disappoint ed if 80% of the show is outside Attilan, with them dealing how Earth is like for the humans.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-10-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:56 PM   #940
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftFox View Post
Too early to say, but I think at this point you might get a smash up of the Lee/Jenkins run and the Inhumans debut from the pages of the Fantastic Four (whatcha think Mike Murdock?)
I expect it'll draw a lot of influences from Jenkins/Lee (particularly in terms of visuals), but probably not so much the plot. That being said, the Medusa hair thing makes me wonder that maybe more will be borrowed.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:29 PM   #941
MbJ
Side-Kick

They screened the trailer at a retailers summit and it sounds like Black Bolt does have an actual costume.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...iamond-summit/

MbJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #942
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I wish there was a little more detail on that. Usually, when there's a costume, we get costume descriptions.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:56 PM   #943
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

We know he has a sort of costume with some similar designs as his iconic one. But it's still not confirmed if he even wears a mask. They hate putting actors in masks in these shows.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:19 AM   #944
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

That's why I wished there was a bit more description. My best guess is the mask but not the lightning bolts.

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM   #945
darthhalen
Side-Kick

Black Bolt better have some form of the under arm wings! Those are iconic IMHO. Gene Simmons designed his whole costume after Black Bolts. His under arm wings came directly from Black Bolts. Hopefully if he flies they can do them digitally.

darthhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM   #946
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

We'll be lucky if he gets anything more than a generic plain black jumpsuit.

Old Today, 07:45 AM   #947
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbboy View Post
You mean scale? I amalright with smaller scale as long it doesn't look cheap. I can't say that to Netflix's Marvel shows.