The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episodes I - III

Old 02-28-2017, 06:16 PM   #76
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

Default Re: What would you have done differently?

Rewrite the scripts for Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith to not make Anakin sound so whiny and immature

darthcoolness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:46 PM   #77
dax
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoolness3 View Post
Rewrite the scripts for Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith to not make Anakin sound so whiny and immature
Then, you might as well do the same thing with A New Hope and the Force Awakens so that neither Luke nor Kylo Ren sound whiny and immature either.

dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #78
NealKenneth
Side-Kick

Basically, the film should have enhanced the original trilogy as much as possible and NEVER contradict them.

The story should have started with Anakin around 16 to 21 yeas old and Kenobi around 30 to 35 and had them be the main characters. It also would have been a really good idea to flesh out Uncle Owen, Boba Fett, Luke/Leia's mother and Alderaan. Anything that was resolved in the original trilogy that didn't have much development.

The big moments of the original trilogy should have been untouched. Yoda, for example, defintely should NEVER have been seen, only mentioned. His reveal in Ep 5 is so perfect and should have been preserved.

As for the story, it was right to focus on Anakin's turn to the dark side, the fall of the Jedi and the rise of the Empire. I would have started with The Clone Wars already in progress and Kenobi recruiting Anakin to join in the fight. As the films go on, Palpatine consalidates more and more power, which Anakin and Kenobi feel very differently about. Eventually Anakin betrays Kenobi and the Jedi order as Palpatine declares himself Emporer.

That's the basics, which aren't all that different from what we got...the real problem was execution. Had it all been well written and directed, it would have been good enough for me. For more specific ideas, here's a few:

1) As a Jedi Knight, Kenobi leads a squadron of clone troopers. One of these clone troopers eventually becomes his own man, deserting the war effort to become a bounty hunter: Boba Fett.

2) At the start of the story, Kenobi is married to a royal of Alderaan named Padme. However, as the films go on, Padme falls in love with Anakin and becomes pregnant with his child. This becomes a major reason for Anakin and Kenobi's falling out.

3) I would have used misdirection regarding Darth Vader. Basically Kenobi would have several apprentices besides Anakin and one would appear to kill Anakin and take the mantle of Darth Vader. It's not revealed what truly happened until Empire Strikes Back.

I have other ideas too. Maybe soon I'll start writing my own fanfic of the prequels.

NealKenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #79
sycamore
Side-Kick

Get rid of the "Rule of Two". It's a terrible storytelling device. Unbelievably boring just to have two Sith around at any one time. And given that there was some ENORMOUSLY powerfully Jedi (like Yoda, Mace Windu, Qui Gonn Jinn and others) it would have been fairly easy to find the Sith and root them out. It's just inconceivable to me that two Sith can take on an entire army of Jedi consistently, without being discovered and exterminated.

If you insist on keeping the Rule of Two, then have a similar rule restricting the Jedi. "The Order of Eight", "The Council of Twelve", something like that. Something that will raise the value of the Jedi and not make them appear so flimsy (at least the rank and file) in the face of the Sith.

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #80
sycamore
Side-Kick

Nice ideas Neal Kenneth. So laughable that the fans can up with 10 good ideas off the top of their head, and Lucas couldn't come up with one.

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #81
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

I started a fanfic of the prequels a long while ago. Not even finished the second one

Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #82
dax
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore View Post
Get rid of the "Rule of Two". It's a terrible storytelling device. Unbelievably boring just to have two Sith around at any one time. And given that there was some ENORMOUSLY powerfully Jedi (like Yoda, Mace Windu, Qui Gonn Jinn and others) it would have been fairly easy to find the Sith and root them out. It's just inconceivable to me that two Sith can take on an entire army of Jedi consistently, without being discovered and exterminated.

If you insist on keeping the Rule of Two, then have a similar rule restricting the Jedi. "The Order of Eight", "The Council of Twelve", something like that. Something that will raise the value of the Jedi and not make them appear so flimsy (at least the rank and file) in the face of the Sith.
There's a reason the "Rule of Two" exists for the Sith. Anakin himself stated that they think "inwards, only about themselves"...meaning that teamwork and friendship has never been the Sith's strongest suits. The dark side of the force has made each of them too power-hungry and self-centered, they nearly wiped each other out of existence. Even in both the prequels and the originals, we see that the Sith could never have more than 2 members in their group because the master would order his 2 apprentices to kill the other (like what Emperor Sidious made Anakin do to Dooku in RoTS and what he tried to make Luke do to Anakin in RoTJ). Even when that is done, the 2 Sith lords are plotting to kill each other behind the other's back.

The Jedi don't need a similar rule because contrary to what PalpSidious said in Revenge of the Sith, they don't care about power and to quote Anakin again, "they are selfless and only care about others. Unlike the Sith, the Jedi believe in unity, comradery, and friendships which is why there used to be thousands of them.

It wasn't just 2 Sith that took on an army of Jedi, it was a combination of battle droids, clone troopers, and the betrayal from Anakin.

dax is offline   Reply With Quote