Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Old 04-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #551
dreammaster
Side-Kick

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Trailer looked awesome....

Though good God, it looks like they're bringing back...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Olicity. Does that mean that Season 6 is screwed?
no those scenes are from flashback episode

dreammaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #552
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammaster View Post
no those scenes are from flashback episode
Phew, bullet dodged... for now.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #553
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

But they're not at least not all of them. Olicity will be having sex in 5.20 but Paps say it doesnt seem like they are back together after that. They will most likely be together again next season.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-20-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:16 PM   #554
herolee10
Superman Fan No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
But they're not at least not all of them. Olicity will be having sex in 5.20 but Paps say it doesnt seem like they are back together after that. They will most likely be together again next season.
Wait, when was it confirmed that they'll be doing it again this season?

Sigh, is it that hard for Oliver to completely move on from someone after breaking up with them?

He cheats on Laurel then 5 years later, they have sex.

He has an affair with Sara and then 5 years later, gets back together with her.

Felicity breaks up with him and over 1 year later, they hit the sack again.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:56 PM   #555
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

MG confirmed it

Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #556
herolee10
Superman Fan No More

If the two reunite next season, then the show could go back down again after working so hard to get their act together.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #557
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

Sucks they're bringing back olicity. Guess it was too good to be true to be olicity-less for a full season.

cheungcheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:24 AM   #558
Deltron3030
Side-Kick

They need to make felocity smoak recurring status. Man I just can't get into episodes she is center of attention of. She does great in a minimum supporting comic relief role but she is terrible otherwise. Would be awesome if we can trade Felocity for Cisco, or even the blond ice chick (forget her name haha). Not sure why the writers have such a hard-on for her.

Deltron3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:43 AM   #559
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
MG confirmed it
He confirmed that'd be a line of dialogue. I doubt it will actually happen. It could just be Oliver or Felicity joking after they get out to tell the other not to pretend they had bunker sex.

Questions about the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Want to settle a debate? Looking for images? Visit the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki! The most accurate and comprehensive Marvel Movie and TV show wiki!
coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #560
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

RUmor has it....

dies in the finale

Old 04-29-2017, 03:30 PM   #561
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

Wow. A couple of my aunts were thinking he might be killed off at the end of this season, but I didn't think they'd do it (considering how much the writers love Barrowman). But honestly, it's kind of time for him to go. I was just hoping he'd get to regain some of the "oomph" he had in S1 and S2. He became less special in S3 and a magnificent wuss in S4, and he was nothing special in LOT. It feels a shame to kill him off at his most pathetic, somehow. But he really does need to get gone before they continue his downward spiral, so...

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:42 PM   #562
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

If he is killed, I fully expect him to get a "heroes" death. Something that Sara/Laurel never got on their initial deaths. He'll probably sacrifice himself to save Thea.

Old 04-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #563
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheungcheung View Post
Sucks they're bringing back olicity. Guess it was too good to be true to be olicity-less for a full season.
They doing it just in time for season 6 with Helix as the big bad. We'll get Olicity vs Helicity next season.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #564
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If the two reunite next season, then the show could go back down again after working so hard to get their act together.
Honestly, Olicity was one of the smallest problems Arrow had when it got really bad. I stopped watching halfway through four, and it had way more to do with the awful pacing, poor plotting, and nonsensical story arcs/character decisions. Olicity wasn't good in that season...but nothing was. I could easily see an Oliver/Felicity relationship working out fine, if the writers can handle it. But S3 and S4 showed me the writers couldn't handle much of anything.

I always find it odd that people seem to try and hang the badness of S3 and S4 on Olicity...when there were clearly SO many other issues that were much worse than that story thread. Ironically, the Olicity romance subplot of will they won't they was a big part of S2, easily the most praised season of the show.

So I think it has more to do with good writing than the concept itself. Very little was done well when Arrow got bad. Removing Olicity from S3 and S4 would not have made those seasons any less stupid than they were. And they got real stupid at points.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:
http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:54 PM   #565
DoomRulz
A guy that comes and goes

I'm way behind on Arrow; currently catching up on Season five. I'm on episode 15. I have two thoughts...

The Oracle reference. God dammit, just bring Batman into the fold already!! Between this and The Flash's use of a "Flashsignal", they're practically spelling it out for us.

Minor thing...just heard Felicity say to Lance, after her mum leaves his office in tears and he quips, "Why do you think it was me who did something?!", she says, "Because you're a man". Look, I love this show but damn, it wears feminism on its sleeve. It's very in your face.

Movies don't. Especially not the diseased, cancerous, leprosy-induced, kolera that is a Snyder exercise in brain death you would call movies.

To equate the struggle for civil rights of black people to DCEU should be grounds for admittance to a mental institution
DoomRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #566
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

The death rumor has been confirmed legit.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:41 PM   #567
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRulz View Post
I'm way behind on Arrow; currently catching up on Season five. I'm on episode 15. I have two thoughts...

The Oracle reference. God dammit, just bring Batman into the fold already!! Between this and The Flash's use of a "Flashsignal", they're practically spelling it out for us.

Minor thing...just heard Felicity say to Lance, after her mum leaves his office in tears and he quips, "Why do you think it was me who did something?!", she says, "Because you're a man". Look, I love this show but damn, it wears feminism on its sleeve. It's very in your face.
This is S4 you're referring to, not S5. It's widely regarded as the worst season. In addition: yes, that line as rather sexist and annoying, although likely intended to be funny (and if it had been phrased differently, it would've been, but in that context it was just...not). Lots of people dislike Felicity and even though I'm not her #1 fan, I still generally like her character outside of a few choice mistakes the writers have made, but that line made me legitimately cringe, and legitimately dislike her in that moment.

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:56 PM   #568
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Season 4 started off so strong imo but then they just werent willing to fully follow through with things. It could've been so epic but they just played it so safe.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:34 AM   #569
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

The team was supposed to be working together but spent the whole episode fighting each other, Team Arrow vs. Team Felicity, all so they could blow themselves up. Way to go Felicity, this is your fault.

And I can't believe she can just waltz right back into the Arrow Cave again after all that like she didn't do anything wrong. Oliver should have kicked her off the team and warned her to stay out of the city after that stunt. That would have put a fun extra spin on next week's show.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:32 AM   #570
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

If Merlyn does die, it will be interesting to see how he goes out. Will it be as a villain, or as someone trying to redeem himself. I imagine his death will be similar to either his supposed death in season 1, or how Tommy died, as the cause of both of their deaths were similar (i.e. them being impaled). A comparison was done with both Merlyn's in the season 1 finale. The manner in which they both died was similar, where they were both impaled, but Malcolm went out trying to kill people, and Tommy went out saving Laurel (this was, of course, taken from the Spider-Man films, where both Osborne's were killed in a similar manner, but both died for different reasons, with one going out a hero, and the other a villain). It would be more interesting if he went out trying to redeem himself, as it would show growth from season 1. If this is the case, hopefully a good reason will be given for him doing this.

Right now, I feel his death will be him trying to redeem himself. While Malcolm has done so many horrible things, he has always being presented as someone with a bit of humanity in him. I always felt they were using both Oliver and Malcolm's costumes to compare both characters in season 1.While there is darkness over Oliver's face, you can still see a lot of his face. I always felt that this was saying that while there is darkness in Oliver, there is also a lot of humanity and good. With Malcolm, a lot of his face is covered by black, but you can see a bit of his face and his eyes. I felt this was saying that there is a lot of darkness in him and he is almost completely consumed by it, but there is still some good and humanity in him.

When I saw Prometheus' costume, I felt they were doing another comparison, but not just with Oliver, but with all three archers. Unlike Oliver and Malcolm, you cannot see any of his face. I feel that this is supposed to mean that Chase/Prometheus has been completely consumed by his mission and darkness, and that there is no good or humanity left (or perhaps this is just me reading too much into nothing ). Having Malcom die trying to redeem himself would be a nice way to show the difference between two of Oliver's greatest foes, as I cannot imagine Chase ever dying for a good cause.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #571
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

It's been confirmed he gets a "heroes" death

Old 05-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #572
Avenging Angel
Killer Frost Is Coming!

Not happy to hear Olicity is coming back for Season 6. No idea why they think beating a dead horse is smart but whatever. I hope this is just a residual last minute fan service that Marc no doubt had his obsessive finger on along with Wendy's need to rehash weak spots in the show. I can't stand the dramatic acting of EBR. Felicity has been ruined in this show over and over again, the writers continue to give her enormous amounts of unnecessary screen time for what? Hasn't she run her course already? Helix? How many things are the writers going to make up on the spot for her to do? I'm tired of this.

Arrow used to have humanity and Felicity just sucks it all out with her soapy, selfish hysterics. Olicity is a huge part of why Arrow hasn't been the same. Going back its roots, where? So far I see them backtrack to their old ways. It seems like their respect and dignity must get sacrificed in order to fill Felicity into everyone situation. Garsh.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:18 PM   #573
Deltron3030
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
Not happy to hear Olicity is coming back for Season 6. No idea why they think beating a dead horse is smart but whatever. I hope this is just a residual last minute fan service that Marc no doubt had his obsessive finger on along with Wendy's need to rehash weak spots in the show. I can't stand the dramatic acting of EBR. Felicity has been ruined in this show over and over again, the writers continue to give her enormous amounts of unnecessary screen time for what? Hasn't she run her course already? Helix? How many things are the writers going to make up on the spot for her to do? I'm tired of this.

Arrow used to have humanity and Felicity just sucks it all out with her soapy, selfish hysterics. Olicity is a huge part of why Arrow hasn't been the same. Going back its roots, where? So far I see them backtrack to their old ways. It seems like their respect and dignity must get sacrificed in order to fill Felicity into everyone situation. Garsh.
It's been a great season so far. Only 2 bad episodes that bored me - and yeah they were felocity centric haha. Let's hope that's not the case next season. It's really to bad they can't just give her a minor role. She's so good in small doses but terrible anything more.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:25 PM   #574
Deltron3030
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
They doing it just in time for season 6 with Helix as the big bad. We'll get Olicity vs Helicity next season.
Oh man I hope helix isn't the big bad next season. That would make the show get cancelled. I'm sure they can make a couple weeks interesting but man this show stretches out the season so damn long. People will not continue to tune in.
I know as a writer you want something fresh, it there is NOTHING entertaining about helix haha, nor the actress who seems to command it.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:06 PM   #575
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Honestly, Olicity was one of the smallest problems Arrow had when it got really bad. I stopped watching halfway through four, and it had way more to do with the awful pacing, poor plotting, and nonsensical story arcs/character decisions. Olicity wasn't good in that season...but nothing was. I could easily see an Oliver/Felicity relationship working out fine, if the writers can handle it. But S3 and S4 showed me the writers couldn't handle much of anything.

I always find it odd that people seem to try and hang the badness of S3 and S4 on Olicity...when there were clearly SO many other issues that were much worse than that story thread. Ironically, the Olicity romance subplot of will they won't they was a big part of S2, easily the most praised season of the show.

So I think it has more to do with good writing than the concept itself. Very little was done well when Arrow got bad. Removing Olicity from S3 and S4 would not have made those seasons any less stupid than they were. And they got real stupid at points.
I keep saying this, and yet people still blame the faults of the show on one particular love interest pairing. I wish more people were willing to remember how terrible and hated the Laurel subplots were in season 1 and 2. If you want to hate Olicity, fine, but at least acknowledge that a big part of *why* they went Olicity was that the general fanbase wanted Laurel, circa season 2, to die in a fire.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote