The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man: Homecoming

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 02:15 PM   #201
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 39,626
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyWebShooter View Post
That's the type of dude to take your lunch money in a high school Ponzi scheme, not beat it out of you.
He's more like the annoying troublemaker kids at school that people might beat up all the time.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:34 PM   #202
harryoscop
Best version of himself
 
harryoscop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Norman Osborn's basement
Posts: 25,007
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

I don't know about this Flash. Revolori is a great actor & he can pull it off. But I hope Marvel haven't ruined him like the terrible description Tom gave us of his characterization. I actually read Flash's writing was inspired by Tom's own experience in the Bronx High-school he attended.

Surely, Flash's athletic background couldn't have been completely ommited? it's such an important part, it has to be in there in some capacity.

I mean, he doesn't look completely shrimpy:

__________________


Last edited by harryoscop; 04-20-2017 at 02:41 PM.
harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #203
Chris B
Side-Kick
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,817
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryoscop View Post
I don't know about this Flash. Revolori is a great actor & he can pull it off. But I hope Marvel haven't ruined him like the terrible description Tom gave us of his characterization. I actually read Flash's writing was inspired by Tom's own experience in the Bronx High-school he attended.

Surely, Flash's athletic background couldn't have been completely ommited? it's such an important part, it has to be in there in some capacity.

I mean, he doesn't look completely shrimpy:
Didn't he post a video of him walking through a football field when he wrapped filming? It may've easily meant nothing, but it made me think that this iteration of the Flash would retain that aspect at least.

Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #204
Slick
Yup
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,668
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

It seems like Flash is going to be more Draco Malfoy like. Which is kinda interesting. At least for me it is.

__________________
Nope
Slick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:53 PM   #205
Barry Parker
Scorpion 4 Spidey sequel
 
Barry Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,493
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
Didn't he post a video of him walking through a football field when he wrapped filming? It may've easily meant nothing, but it made me think that this iteration of the Flash would retain that aspect at least.
It was just another Breakfast Club comparison? Not sure which word I'm looking for but it was based on the scene from Breakfast Club.

Barry Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #206
SpideyJJ
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 958
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
It seems like Flash is going to be more Draco Malfoy like. Which is kinda interesting. At least for me it is.
You're gonna have to hand over your lunch money to him or his father will hear about this.....

SpideyJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #207
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick
 
Neno_Kos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,260
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyJJ View Post
You're gonna have to hand over your lunch money to him or his father will hear about this.....
[cringe]

Neno_Kos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:13 PM   #208
PeterBenParker
"You did it now, Pete."
 
PeterBenParker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9,970
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyJJ View Post
You're gonna have to hand over your lunch money to him or his father will hear about this.....
"Leave him alone."
"Or what?"
"Or his father will fire your father."


__________________
7.7.2017
10.5.2018
12.14.2018
7.5.2019
You're more "angry back alley" than "friendly neighborhood".
Long live the Raimi trilogy, Webb duology and The Spectacular Spider-Man!
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #209
ironwez20
Side-Kick
 
ironwez20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: konoha
Posts: 3,145
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Lol one of the best lines in the film.

__________________
"These eyes can see fine in the darkness."-[Sasuke
ironwez20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #210
harryoscop
Best version of himself
 
harryoscop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Norman Osborn's basement
Posts: 25,007
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

"What's daddy gonna do? Sue me?"

__________________

harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:54 PM   #211
CaptainWagner
Ya Poozers!
 
CaptainWagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6,142
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Well, Flash DOES have Daddy issues, so there is that.

I think it would be interesting to see a Flash who is smart, but his dad doesn't respect that, pushing him into "manly pursuits" instead. That could play out really well, and Revolori would totally own a strong part like that. I just hope Marvel doesn't waste his talent. He's missing out on chances at Kyle Raynor or Jaime Reyes for this.

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #212
ItchyWebShooter
Spider-Signal Included
 
ItchyWebShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Peter Parker's right wrist
Posts: 1,422
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

That's probably the most realistic dialogue in any Raimi film haha. Really cutting remarks that I could totally buy some douchebag high school student saying.

ItchyWebShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:47 PM   #213
PeterBenParker
"You did it now, Pete."
 
PeterBenParker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9,970
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyWebShooter View Post
That's probably the most realistic dialogue in any Raimi film haha. Really cutting remarks that I could totally buy some douchebag high school student saying.
They really had some charm, that's for sure.

__________________
7.7.2017
10.5.2018
12.14.2018
7.5.2019
You're more "angry back alley" than "friendly neighborhood".
Long live the Raimi trilogy, Webb duology and The Spectacular Spider-Man!
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #214
X Knight
Meow!!
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 37,686
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWagner View Post
Well, Flash DOES have Daddy issues, so there is that.

I think it would be interesting to see a Flash who is smart, but his dad doesn't respect that, pushing him into "manly pursuits" instead. That could play out really well, and Revolori would totally own a strong part like that. I just hope Marvel doesn't waste his talent. He's missing out on chances at Kyle Raynor or Jaime Reyes for this.
it would be an interesting take on Flash, but it wouldn't really feel like the character.

it would be like a Peter who really wants to be a jock, and maybe is actually good at soccer or whatever, but his Uncle and Aunt push him towards science instead.

Flash doesn't need to be smart like Peter. If everyone around Peter is smart, it makes him (Peter) less unique.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #215
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 39,626
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
it would be an interesting take on Flash, but it wouldn't really feel like the character.

it would be like a Peter who really wants to be a jock, and maybe is actually good at soccer or whatever, but his Uncle and Aunt push him towards science instead.

Flash doesn't need to be smart like Peter. If everyone around Peter is smart, it makes him (Peter) less unique.
Or like a frumpy, awkward and shy girl who wants to be a geek who is pushed into being a model by her overly-ambitious aunt, forced to dye her hair red and wear more provocative clothing etc. But then after going through that phase, she finally decides to be herself and reverts back to her frumpy self in defiance of her aunt and in acceptance of her true nature.

It would be like all the characters in Tangled living in denial of what they want to be but all having a dream to do the thing that no-one else expects them to:


__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"

Last edited by Dark Raven; 04-21-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #216
Kev4000
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 228
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsVJZ1xNHpA

He choosed Evans..

Kev4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:57 PM   #217
CaptainWagner
Ya Poozers!
 
CaptainWagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6,142
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
it would be an interesting take on Flash, but it wouldn't really feel like the character.

it would be like a Peter who really wants to be a jock, and maybe is actually good at soccer or whatever, but his Uncle and Aunt push him towards science instead.

Flash doesn't need to be smart like Peter. If everyone around Peter is smart, it makes him (Peter) less unique.
It's a given that all Peter's classmates here will be at least a little smart, he's going to a special academic school. So there's really no way to get around that. At the end of the day, though, it's not his intelligence that makes him special, so this really doesn't lessen his character at all.

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:34 PM   #218
X Knight
Meow!!
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 37,686
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWagner View Post
It's a given that all Peter's classmates here will be at least a little smart, he's going to a special academic school. So there's really no way to get around that. At the end of the day, though, it's not his intelligence that makes him special, so this really doesn't lessen his character at all.
it may not lessen his character, but it takes focus away from where the character should be.

Flash could still be a smart, preppy d-bag, but, imo, he NEEDS to be a big jock type character - one who's more physically intimidating than Peter.

There's no law that says you can't be both smart AND athletically gifted. indeed, that would just feed into Flash's "air of superiority" at school. He's tall, handsome, smart, and the star athlete who can get any girl he wants. He seems so "perfect."

Just like Liz Allen ( even though it should be MJ ) is the "perfect" girl to Peter and Ned, Flash is the guy Peter and Ned wish they were.

Of course, to add depth and layer to the character, there would have to be more to him than that. Beneath the "facade" of being Mr. Perfect, Flash feels insecure - he feels like all of this could be taken away from him in an instant ( maybe it happened to his dad or older brother or whatever ). That's why he's so "possessive" of his place at school - both academically and athletically. He perceives anything that could threaten his position/status with hostility and bullying.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #219
JoeyConQueso
Part-time Mutant
 
JoeyConQueso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,186
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

I hate still feeling like whining about it but I can't get over the changes and casting they've done for Flash. It just feels like unnecessary changes to me when there was nothing wrong or dated about the original character.

__________________
"Is it wrong that I think I'm hot?" - Wally West
JoeyConQueso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #220
PeterBenParker
"You did it now, Pete."
 
PeterBenParker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9,970
Default Re: Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyConQueso View Post
I hate still feeling like whining about it but I can't get over the changes and casting they've done for Flash. It just feels like unnecessary changes to me when there was nothing wrong or dated about the original character.
It's not whining when it's perfectly valid. The Flash Thompson everybody knows has still yet to be explored in its fullest form yet and it's a shame they decided to radically change stuff up just for the sake of separation.

__________________
7.7.2017
10.5.2018
12.14.2018
7.5.2019
You're more "angry back alley" than "friendly neighborhood".
Long live the Raimi trilogy, Webb duology and The Spectacular Spider-Man!
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.