Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: Ragnarok

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #26
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
You know, I've watched dozens of reviews of the trailer, and not one has mentioned the idea that the "narration" could very well just be a piece of dialogue in the film used as in a narrative sense in the trailer. And that's what it likely is. Why would they all of a sudden start including 4th wall breaking narration when we're 15 movies in the franchise?
I'm pretty sure he's not narrating there. I don't think his lips match the dialogue (or only partially matches at best). Looks like a trailer thing to me.

That being said, I'll keep an open mind.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Old 04-20-2017, 11:12 PM   #27
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I was telling a fellow security Guard about his reaction lol Told him to look up the trailer because he didn't know the trailer was released yet. He also didn't know Planet Hulk was being incorporated into this film
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDown View Post
True story. He was blown away by the trailer.
He's completely sold and on board for the movie. Pretty much 95% of the reactions online we're really positive. People like/love and are amazed by the fresh new look. And you see most of the people that we're on the fence about another Thor movie just jump on the hype train and get really excited for this movie.

But yeh... Kevin Smith was all over the trailer.
"This trailer is one of the greatest things that has ever happen to the civilized world."
And he was honest when he said he had already watched 4 times when he actually recorded his reaction.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 04-20-2017, 11:15 PM   #28
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
Yes, and frankly I'm disappointed that Marvel dropped the ball so badly on this one.
I'm only disappointed Marvel's making it a combo movie ( ragnarok and planet Hulk) over the actual Ragnarok story lines.

....to every King.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:31 AM   #29
pixen
Side-Kick

They can't make a solo Hulk movie due to how the rights were decided without losing out on a bunch of profit. That's why he's only been in team films since the Edward Norton film.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:54 AM   #30
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I know that. I'm more or less saying it Could be more like THOR with Hulk as a friend almost like the Hulk vs Thor animated film.

....to every King.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:00 AM   #31
pixen
Side-Kick

It'll turn into that. If it started out as that, then there'd be nowhere to go and they'd be missing out on a nice moment.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #32
The_Lost
Side-Kick

Quote:
But Hela has been imprisoned for "millennia". Why would she even have a wager with the Grandmaster? And when Thor arrives to Sakaar it's kinda surprising for The Grandmaster. He even asks Valkyrie what did she brought him that day... Like she normally brings gladiators in and he's wondering who is the new guy.

On the other side i can see Loki being together with Hela at some point but then realizing that she wants to rule over ashes he flips his allegiance once again.

And i gotta agree with Zarex... i can also see that Loki and The Grandmaster have something on the line in the Thor vs Hulk battle. The Grandmaster is clearly on Hulk's side and ironically Loki can only be on Thor's side. By this time he probably realizes he needs his brother to take back Asgard. And as we learned from those descriptions of the scene with Korg and Miek... Korg says to Thor that the only way to escape is defeating the Champion aka The Hulk which apparently no-one has accomplished and it's kinda a suicide mission.

That's also why Thor has such a happy reaction to the appearance of Hulk in the arena. Thor is screwed in Sakaar... he has been captured and is in a cage... without mjolnir wich has been destroyed by Hela who probably describes to him her plans for Asgard... Thor goes into that fight thinking that he gotta defeat some sort of beast and has to find a way somehow back to Asgard where he has to stop Ragnarok. Seeing Hulk is a massive relief for him and a confidence boost because he knows/thinks that they are friends and the Hulk can help him on the long run.
Perhaps the Grand Master orchestrated Hela's release from captivity in exchange for her promise to provide him a worthy challenger for the Hulk. Personally; I prefer that Loki, in his arrogance, gets Hela released in the false hope she will help Him but very soon finds out Hela has her own agenda

Old 04-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #33
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I'm pretty sure he's not narrating there. I don't think his lips match the dialogue (or only partially matches at best). Looks like a trailer thing to me.

That being said, I'll keep an open mind.
I think we're picking up where the Dr. Strange end credits left off. Where Thor is explaining his situation to the Doctor. Hence, the narration portion.

I mean Thor was seen in his casual clothes in New York.

But how much of it will be narration and how much will it be done in "real time"?

Old 04-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #34
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lost View Post
Perhaps the Grand Master orchestrated Hela's release from captivity in exchange for her promise to provide him a worthy challenger for the Hulk. Personally; I prefer that Loki, in his arrogance, gets Hela released in the false hope she will help Him but very soon finds out Hela has her own agenda
I like the idea of Loki freeing Hela to prevent Odin's return to the throne. Or maybe even for Thanos protection. But nope, she just wants to burn Asgard down. Loki skedaddles and puts a significant wager down on his brother to try and win his freedom.

Old 04-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #35
The_Lost
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I like the idea of Loki freeing Hela to prevent Odin's return to the throne. Or maybe even for Thanos protection. But nope, she just wants to burn Asgard down. Loki skedaddles and puts a significant wager down on his brother to try and win his freedom.
I like this but they need to make it conveyed that whatever Loki does and whomever he does it for; it is still to Loki's - and only Loki's - benefit.

Old 04-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #36
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lost View Post
I like this but they need to make it conveyed that whatever Loki does and whomever he does it for; it is still to Loki's - and only Loki's - benefit.
Well it would be to Hela's benefit as well so not only Loki's.

But I love the idea

Old 04-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #37
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Most watched Marvel trailers in the main youtube channels.

1. Avengers: Age of Ultron (TT) - 80.354.572 views
2. Captain America: Civil War (T2) - 74.990.878
3. Iron Man 3 (TT) - 61.266.907
4. Captain America: Civil War (OT) - 58.048.366
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron (T3) - 43.788.171
6. Avengers: Age of Ultron (T2) - 42.699.571
7. Avengers (OT) - 42.652.039
8. Thor Ragnarok (TT) - 32.758.286

TR just surpassed the second Doctor Strange trailer. It started to wind down a bit but the Trailer still made 2.3 million views in the last 4 days. The trailer has been out for 12 days.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:43 PM   #38
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finarfiniel View Post
I definitely think Kevin Smith's reaction video was my favourite, that is pretty accurately my exact reactions every time I watch the teaser. "Take all my ****ing money man, take my child's money, take my family's money!"
Yeah, his reaction is hilarious and certainly resembles my own

Old 04-21-2017, 10:50 PM   #39
JtheDreamer
Slangin Grannys Peach Tea

Quote:
Most watched Marvel trailers in the main youtube channels.

1. Avengers: Age of Ultron (TT) - 80.354.572 views
2. Captain America: Civil War (T2) - 74.990.878
3. Iron Man 3 (TT) - 61.266.907
4. Captain America: Civil War (OT) - 58.048.366
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron (T3) - 43.788.171
6. Avengers: Age of Ultron (T2) - 42.699.571
7. Avengers (OT) - 42.652.039
8. Thor Ragnarok (TT) - 32.758.286

TR just surpassed the second Doctor Strange trailer. It started to wind down a bit but the Trailer still made 2.3 million views in the last 4 days. The trailer has been out for 12 days.
It's hard to go strictly off YT numbers - especially with the availability of these trailers on Facebook now.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:41 AM   #40
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

I cant wait to see a full length trailer at some point in the summer

Thor 3 looks like its a step up from the previous two films even though I love the first one, the sequel had its flaws even though there were things I did like. Anyway...I guess we'll see in November.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:49 AM   #41
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Does anyone here think that this scene that we have been teased from the behind the scenes footage for TR... is Thor going into some kind of Warrior Madness mode?

Because we see that Thor charges up with lighting at some point just making him that much more powerful i'm guessing. This looks like it happens after Thor and Hulk have gone against each other with their weapons and probably after them being destroyed they go for the fist fight.

It's clearly the same shot as the one we saw on the trailer but much longer and with Thor kneeling down and "powering up" and running with the lightning effects shattering the ground and Thor being engulfed in his own lightning all the way. And by the shot being a little longer you can actually notice that Thor hits Hulk hard in the face throwing him back while on the trailer you only see them about to hit each other.

I am so amped for this scene. And i can almost bet that the hole scene as it is in the gif is gonna be one of the highlight of the second trailer.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:57 AM   #42
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Does anyone here think that this scene that we have been teased from the behind the scenes footage for TR... is Thor going into some kind of Warrior Madness mode?

Because we see that Thor charges up with lighting at some point just making him that much more powerful i'm guessing. This looks like it happens after Thor and Hulk have gone against each other with their weapons and probably after them being destroyed they go for the fist fight.

It's clearly the same shot as the one we saw on the trailer but much longer and with Thor kneeling down and "powering up" and running with the lightning effects shattering the ground and Thor being engulfed in his own lightning all the way. And by the shot being a little longer you can actually notice that Thor hits Hulk hard in the face throwing him back while on the trailer you only see them about to hit each other.

I am so amped for this scene. And i can almost bet that the hole scene as it is in the gif is gonna be one of the highlight of the second trailer.

I kind of figured theyve removed the lightning from that scene. I mean of all the effects to do you'd think that would be easy to add for the climax of your trailer.

My only hope is it is still in the final film and they didn't have it in the trailer as it would be a spoiler and mind blowing thing for the GA that he can still use lightning without Mjolnir

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Old 04-22-2017, 08:23 AM   #43
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

Thats very cool. Awesome find. Besides seeing Hela...i love the bit when thor says yes! Hes a friend from work. Lol

Old 04-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #44
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
I kind of figured theyve removed the lightning from that scene. I mean of all the effects to do you'd think that would be easy to add for the climax of your trailer.

My only hope is it is still in the final film and they didn't have it in the trailer as it would be a spoiler and mind blowing thing for the GA that he can still use lightning without Mjolnir
They probably did remove it on purpose... I guess for the first trailer we already had quite a lot of big moments. And that scene in the arena was "stolen" by the appearance of a armored Hulk and then by the funny remark by Thor. It was enough.

I think now that people have seen the armored Hulk and probably have began to wonder how would Thor face him without mjolnir... they will probably release that particular scene with all the effects in the second trailer showing that Thor is truly a god even without his main weapon of choice. That will even things out a bit and make the fight that much more interesting. I don't see them missing that chance of teasing the GA with a mind-blowing scene and have people even more pumped.

Last edited by HammerDown; 04-22-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #45
jadejaws
Side-Kick

Quote:
They probably did remove it on purpose... I guess for the first trailer we already had quite a lot of big moments. And that scene in the arena was "stolen" by the appearance of a armored Hulk and then by the funny remark by Thor. It was enough.

I think now that people have seen the armored Hulk and probably have began to wonder how would Thor face him without mjolnir... they will probably release that particular scene with all the effects in the second trailer showing that Thor is truly a god even without his main weapon of choice. That will even things out a bit and make the fight that much more interesting. I don't see them missing that chance of teasing the GA with a mind-blowing scene and have people even more pumped.
What I'm wondering is....what happens after Thor connects with this shot? Does it shatter an obedience disk? (If there is one) Will Hulk be knocked out?

I see this punch as a "closer" to the fight. Anyone have an alternative view?

Old 04-22-2017, 10:34 AM   #46
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post

I think it's pretty common for trailers to contain unfinished effects.

In this case they may have just decided that the lightning would be visually confusing in the short clip that we saw.

Or not, but anyway, the scene could look very different in the finished film.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:57 AM   #47
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadejaws View Post
What I'm wondering is....what happens after Thor connects with this shot? Does it shatter an obedience disk? (If there is one) Will Hulk be knocked out?

I see this punch as a "closer" to the fight. Anyone have an alternative view?
I think that particular "shot" from Thor will have around the same effect on the Hulk as the hit from mjolnir in the Avengers.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I doubt that punch will be the "closer" to the fight.. Hulk is most likely gonna be stunned and "out for the count" at least for a few seconds. I haven't seen any sign of "obedience" disks in relation to the movie so i doubt that it will be featured. But something has to have happen to Hulk because he seems to either not recognize Thor... don't care or is being made to fight Thor no matter what.

Hulk is the champion and Thor is the underdog. So tables will turn from what we have seen from the comics with Silver Surfer and even Beta Ray Bill in the animated movie. Hulk is always going to have the upper hand against a Thor without mjolnir.

I personally would like to see the Hulk taunt Thor after a while in their fight. Probably saying that Thor is no match without mjolnir (Ruffalo has said that Hulk has more swag and acts like a God)... And after a few hits Thor would kinda go crazy and into "Warrior Madness" mode showing that he is no push over. The fight would cause so much destruction in the arena that people would start fearing for their safety and then Valkyrie would start a revolution releasing the gladiators from their cages and having them attack The Grandmaster forces...

In all of this Thor and Hulk would somehow snap out of it and join Valkyrie for their escape out of Sakaar.

Last edited by HammerDown; 04-22-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:13 PM   #48
Spiderine
Sho nuff

Quote:
I think that particular "shot" from Thor will have around the same effect on the Hulk as the hit from mjolnir in the Avengers.

I doubt that punch will be the "closer" to the fight.. Hulk is most likely gonna be stunned and "out for the count" at least for a few seconds. I haven't seen any sign of "obedience" disks in relation to the movie so i doubt that it will be featured. But something has to have happen to Hulk because he seems to either not recognize Thor... don't care or is being made to fight Thor no matter what.

Hulk is the champion and Thor is the underdog. So tables will turn from what we have seen from the comics with Silver Surfer and even Beta Ray Bill in the animated movie. Hulk is always going to have the upper hand against a Thor without mjolnir.

I personally would like to see the Hulk taunt Thor after a while in their fight. Probably saying that Thor is no match without mjolnir (Ruffalo has said that Hulk has more swag and acts like a God)... And after a few hits Thor would kinda go crazy and into "Warrior Madness" mode showing that he is no push over. The fight would cause so much destruction in the arena that people would start fearing for their safety and then Valkyrie would start a revolution releasing the gladiators from their cages and having them attack The Grandmaster forces...

In all of this Thor and Hulk would somehow snap out of it and join Valkyrie for their escape out of Sakaar.
I like the sound of this and I bet this is what happens when they eventually escape. After which Hulk join Thor on their journey to save Asgard while Strange tracks down Odin.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #49
jadejaws
Side-Kick

Quote:

I actually think that, in its entirety, would be pretty awesome.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:02 PM   #50
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

How would suit Banner fit into that all though?

Closed Thread