The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 04-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #851
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Quote:
We will see about that.

The most recent addition to the Legend of Zelda franchise has been pretty well received from media and gamers alike. Upon release, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was awarded over 50 perfect scores from review outlets, which broke a Metacritic record.
With such an impressive release, it's clear that Nintendo and series producer Eiji Aonuma did something right. It appears as though Nintendo won't be moving away from one of the features found in Breath of the Wild. Aonuma sat down with Famitsu for an interview and revealed that it's very likely that Zelda won't be straying away from being an open world game.
Check out the rough translation below, courtesy of NeoGaf:
Famitsu: Making the next Zelda game might be more difficult if you choose to make it an open-air game. What will evolve open-air? How will you make future dungeons? What will the next Zelda title be like?

Aonuma: I think that, in the future, open air games will be the standard for Zelda.

While Aonuma says the series will be moving forward with the open world trend, there's something of a coincidence here. When Skyward Sword released, Aonuma stated that the Zelda series would be using motion controls in future titles. Breath of the Wild does use some motion controls, the gyro aiming, but it's not the biggest feature and it can be turned off.
Themes and features from Breath of the Wild will likely find their way into the coming Zelda titles, but it's best not to get too excited over any statement for a game that isn't yet developed.
IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

source:http://www.gamezone.com/

zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #852
NHawk19
insert witty comment

I'm thinking the great plateau is the TP / OoT castle. Then after the flood the Castle location was moved to the new location. The TP map shows the castle's proximity to Lake Hylia to be about where it shows up in BotW.

I'm starting to wonder though if the next game will focus on what happened 10,000 years ago with the guardians.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:06 PM   #853
zenith16
Side-Kick

Zelda: Breath of the Wild Update 1.1.1 Optimizes Nintendo Switch Version, Doesn't Help Wii U Much Read more Today at 11:13 am

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild received an update last week that improved framerate performance on...

Quote:
Digital Foundry gets into the details of the Wii U update's shortcomings

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild received an update last week that improved framerate performance on the Nintendo Switch version of the game. This update was also applied to the Wii U version, however, after Digital Foundry conducted a few tests, it was found that the Wii U version may need another coat of paint.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Patch 1.11 Switch/Wii U Frame-Rate Tests!

• 1 day ago

Two areas where the game originally suffered from some heavy frame drops, Kakariko Village and Korok Forest, was nicely smoothed over on Switch, but the Wii U version seems to still have this problem.
Some of the update fixes the game's performance, but the changes are much less noticeable on the last-gen version. Being the last first-party game designed on Wii U, this isn't entirely surprising. The Switch version of the game is clearly the optimal version of the game, but with Switch shortages expected throughout the year, this version isn't accessible to many.

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
NINTENDO SWITCHTHE LEGEND OF ZELDAZELDA WII U

source:http://www.gamezone.com/

Old 04-05-2017, 10:14 PM   #854
Reek
_________

i just took it as the guardians were part of the twilight realm.. maybe the realms wents to war or something like that. their weapons and all just made me think Midna/Twilight

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:51 AM   #855
zenith16
Side-Kick

Leaked Amiibo could unlock Zelda: Breath of the Wilds secret outfits
12 hours ago · 54 shares
A retail leak hints that new Zelda-themed Amiibo are on the way.

Quote:
A retail leak hints that new Zelda-themed Amiibo are on the way.

04/6/2017 12:30 PM PT

A new wave of Zelda-themed Amiibo could be right around the corner.
Listings for three new Amiibo briefly appeared on retailer Best Buy’s site earlier this week, and were spotted by Reddit user Pokemiibomadness. Though the listings didn’t name the Amiibo or offer much in the way of details, the site did say that the Amiibo would be compatible with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Although technically all Amiibo can technically drop food and other consumable items into the game, only a few special Zelda-themed Amiibo drop unique items—Link’s trusty steed Epona, a companion version of Wolf Link, and specially-themed gear.
Thanks to some fans willing to toe the legal line and hack their games, we know that there are a few custom pieces of gear already in the game that can’t be accessed with any of the current Amiibo. One is the Fierce Deity set, based on the same outfit from Majora’s Mask, and another is Link’s outfit from Skyward Sword. It’s very likely, then, that at least two of these unnamed Zelda-related Amiibo will be the Majora’s Mask and Skyward Sword figurines needed to unlock these outfits.
These Amiibo currently don’t have a release date.
source: www.egmnow.com

Old 04-07-2017, 11:15 PM   #856
zenith16
Side-Kick

6:26

Zelda to Stay Open World - The Rundown - Electric Playground

1,144 views7 hours ago

Published on 7 Apr 2017
We're back in the EP Studios to bring you another fine edition of The Rundown. Today, we have some big news about the future of the Legend of Zelda franchise, the last big game for the Nintendo Wii U, some intel about a new Call of Duty game that might give you a bit of a sugar rush, some less-than-transformative news about the big screen Transformers series, and finally, good news for fans of the Ghost in the Shell anime!

source:EPN.tv

Old 04-09-2017, 04:45 AM   #857
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

So the Great Fairy wants a 100 rupees . Should I do it?

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:08 AM   #858
Reek
_________

yes. if you want upgraded clothes

shes a ***** and gets more expensive.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:53 AM   #859
Goonie
Banned User

I beat this game with just the basics & the Master Sword & Hylian SHIELD

Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:34 PM   #860
Sithborg
Form... Voltron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
So the Great Fairy wants a 100 rupees . Should I do it?
Yes.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:34 PM   #861
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

So I got the archaic rubber tights and have seen the the Dragon of Forina . It really freaked me out the first time. I hate being out in a thunderstorm and it got to me.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:15 PM   #862
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I'm in my first main dungeon and the controller died on the final round of the boss fight...

Old 04-12-2017, 07:33 PM   #863
Reek
_________

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I'm in my first main dungeon and the controller died on the final round of the boss fight...
i played on wii u... i had to leave it plugged in... every time it died the game wouldn't pause SMH

Old 04-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #864
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

It was the right Joycon so when I was trying to swim out of the way as Waterblight Ganon threw his spear it wouldn't register and I died! Also I thought I had almost beaten the dungeon only to be stuck on The second water wheel in Vah Ruta. I had thought the maps were optional like previous Zelda games, only to learn that it is necessary to complete the dungeon.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #865
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Also has anyone else grown attached to their horse? Mine is a 4/4/5 with a Wild Temperament and I don't want it to die, so I don't use it that much, and I'm not paying the Great Fairy a 1000 rupees to bring it back.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #866
Matt Mortem
Civilization is on Fire

I haven't bothered with horses at all. I find it's easier to get around on foot via climbing, running and gliding.

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #867
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I use it more for horseback battles, especially against Lynels where its speed and stamina with a Guardian Spear make for an awesome combo.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:06 PM   #868
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

In my experience, so long as you don't do something stupid, your horse should be fine. And if you spend a little time gathering gemstones, that 1000 rupees in case something does happen is nothing.

Last edited by KillerMcQueen; 04-13-2017 at 04:19 PM.
KillerMcQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:09 AM   #869
zenith16
Side-Kick

Breath of the Wild Cut Idea Would Have Made It Possible To Regain Stamina While Climbing. April 17, 2017 . 9:30am

The game’s developers discuss the idea that Link would have been able to stab a weapon into the wall of a mountain to be able to rest for a moment and regain stamina.

34 comments Read >

Quote:

In the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the game features a very large emphasis on the player’s ability to climb to reach various areas in the world. By doing this, the stamina gauge is inevitably depleted.

However, in a recent GameSpot interview, it seems that, at some point during the development process, the devs wanted to implement a way to regain stamina by having Link stab the wall he was climbing and be able to hang and rest there for a moment. This idea was ultimately abandoned because of Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto disagreement with how the idea would work.

Speaking of the cut idea, Breath of the Wild’s art director Satoru Takizawa had this to say:
“Until about halfway through the development, we had a spec where you could take your weapon and stab it into a wall. When your stamina gauge was dwindling you could stab the weapon and kind of hang out and rest there.”

The game’s director Hidemaro Fujibayashi also spoke on the matter, saying the following:
“So the answer is that Mr. Miyamoto heard of the concept he said, ‘You can’t stand on the tip of a sword. This is strange.’ And then we explained, ‘No no no, you stab it in.’ Then he’s like, ‘No, it’s not going to work.’ Another idea is that it’s very hard to actually stab a sword into a big piece of rock. We considered that you can stab them into cracks or crevices in the wall, but then you can’t freely use that feature anywhere you want, so I decided not to implement it.”

So starting from the early stages of development we had been constantly showing Mr. Miyamoto our progress. At times we would even show him once a week what we’d been working on, because if we don’t do that, and then go face-to-face and present the idea, tables might be flipped!’”

You can check out the rest of the interview over at GameSpot.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is available for the Nintendo Switch and the Wii U.

Read more stories about Nintendo Switch & The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild & Wii U on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Old 04-18-2017, 12:24 AM   #870
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I would have actually liked that idea.

Old 04-21-2017, 03:39 AM   #871
zenith16
Side-Kick

The Legend of Zelda’s Ganondorf officially has a last name

Nintendo has finally canonized the Zelda villain's last name.Read more
Quote:
Nintendo has finally canonized the Zelda villain's last name.

| 04/20/2017 12:30 PM PT

It’s taken over 30 years, but Link’s archnemesis Ganondorf finally has a full name: Ganondorf Dragmire.
It’s a last name that appears in a lot of fanworks, so it may come as more of a surprise to fans that up until now, it hasn’t been canon. The Dragmire name, however, appeared only in the 1992 game manual for A Link to the Past. It was never mentioned in any of the actual games, and didn’t show up again in 25 years’ worth of other official sources.
Now, though, it’s up on Nintendo’s official Legend of Zelda website (via Eurogamer).
“Once known as the King of Thieves, Ganondorf Dragmire used the power of the Triforce to become the beast, Ganon,” the website’s description of the character reads.
Whether you’re a fan of the Dragmire name or not, one thing’s for certain: Given Nintendo’s record with names, it could have been a lot worse. As hilarious as it would be, it’s probably for the best that we’ll never see a showdown between Link Link and Ganondorf Ganondorf.
Source: The Legend of Zelda Online Guide

source: http://www.egmnow.com/

Old 04-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #872
NHawk19
insert witty comment

I wonder what DLC will do to this game. If they'll just add more shrines, and korok seeds , or if they'll add an entirely new quest. And also what the implication of that quest will be since the game sets you before Ganon if you beat it not after, or if the DLC will change that as Link and Zelda try to re-build Hyrule.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #873
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

You do know Korok seeds are really poop right?

Old 04-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #874
NHawk19
insert witty comment

Yup. There was a rumor they made so many of them just to screw with completionists.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:54 PM   #875
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Whatever increases my inventory.