The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: Civil War

Old 05-26-2016, 11:22 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS R

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:22 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS R

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:22 PM   #3
Darkraid
Side-Kick

There is another Captain in town~~

Darkraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
Sundancer
Cynicist

Anyone else notice that arguably the most powerful Avenger at the airport fight--Vision--isn't on screen for a bit? There's quite a gap in the fighting between when they march on one another and when he appears again.

Sundancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #5
TeeKay
Side-Kick

He was just floating and watching. The only time you notice him is when Ant-Man goes Giant-Man and he's floating there beside him.

TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:34 PM   #6
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Anyone else notice that arguably the most powerful Avenger at the airport fight--Vision--isn't on screen for a bit? There's quite a gap in the fighting between when they march on one another and when he appears again.
That's the reason he wasn't getting too involved. It would be the same if Thor had been there. He's not going to start going all out on the likes of Black Widow or Hawkeye.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:46 PM   #7
Sundancer
Cynicist

He doesn't have to go "all out" but to do nothing? It doesn't break the scene, but still...

Old 09-28-2016, 12:14 PM   #8
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
He doesn't have to go "all out" but to do nothing? It doesn't break the scene, but still...
He ruined the tarmac, destroyed a tower and paralyzed Rhodey. He does enough. Any more and they'd probably all be dead or left in a crater where Berlin used to be.

TalismanRing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #9
Iceman
Infinity War!

Yeah, the one time Vision lets loose one beam finishes off War Machine, one of the better armoured characters there. Most of them couldn't have taken that. If he goes intangible and appears in any of them them they are gone too. It's like having a gun in a domestic. You can't shoot anyone so if the other person wants to fight regardless of the threat the gun becomes something to hit them with and otherwise not a very useful weapon.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:14 PM   #10
terry78
I'm from Gary, bish

Vision was there to try and coerce Cap and his side to quit, not fight. He basically was using his powers as an attempt to get them to chill. He only moved ahead with trying to stop Falcon when Rhodey brought it up.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:23 PM   #11
Sundancer
Cynicist

Nobody wanted to fight. I'm saying it would be a bit better if the filmmakers had a shot of him earlier in the fight then when they showed, whether it was him looking indecisive, trying to grab Hawkeye and fly him away from the battlefield or even seeing Wanda temporarily take him down. About the third time I watched the battle I was like ""Okay, we've seen everyone fighting. What has Vision been doing in the last 5-10 minutes?"

Old 10-08-2016, 11:29 AM   #12
AlluAllu
Side-Kick

This has bothered me since first seeing the movie. In the beginning Cap says there are seven hostiles. Falcon takes down three and says five left. What?

AlluAllu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #13
Kev4000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlluAllu View Post
This has bothered me since first seeing the movie. In the beginning Cap says there are seven hostiles. Falcon takes down three and says five left. What?
100% yes. So Falcon cant Count?

Kev4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:03 PM   #14
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev4000 View Post
100% yes. So Falcon cant Count?
Maybe Cap can't count?

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:17 AM   #15
AlluAllu
Side-Kick

I looked around and apparentally the third is one of those first two, who got up for more. But it was cut confusingly.

But I do find it endearing that either Cap or Falcon miscalculated in the moment.

Falcon's thoughts: I'm an avenger now, got to say something cool...
Falcon: I made five.
Falcon's thoughts: Oh ####, I meant four! Did Wanda notice?

AlluAllu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #16
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlluAllu View Post
Ultimately it's probably just a continuity error in the script. If I had to come up with an in world explanation though, I'd say that there may have been another hostile up on that walkway that Cap didn't see on his initial approach.

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:26 PM   #17
ehh
iono

After seeing the trailer for Spider-Man: Homecoming, I really want to re-watch Captain America: Civil War again.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:20 AM   #18
Spider-Aziz
Dishonorable Weirdo

Three things about Ant-Man in this movie make me laugh:

1. When Scott Lang shakes hands with Steve, it's like the actor is a Cap fanboy, and they made him as happy as Clark Gregg was in Avengers 1.

2. Giant-Man taken down by Spider-Man. In the 2007 movie "Knocked Up", his character went to watch Spider-Man 3.

3. Scott Lang in a cell talking angrily at Tony Stark and Tony asks who he is again to move on. Scott Worked for Stark in the comics before Obidiah Stane took over Stark Industries.

YOUTUBE
You are so adorable.

"You don't know who you're dealing with, Flash, but I do. I'm not spoiling the surprise for the audience this soon, yo. LOL" ~ That one villain teases about the speedster villain of the season.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #19
Joe Von Zombie
Unite the Seven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP0sRFd52sQ solid critique of the action in the film.

There is a huge difference between "I want to honor my loved ones" and "I hate criminals, and want to punish them".

That difference is called "Batman".- The Guard
Joe Von Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:00 PM   #20
Thorson
Side-Kick

Thorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:39 AM   #21
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorson View Post

Lost me defending Ross presentation.that was the most agenda driven disingenuous presentation I've ever seen in a non political piece that wasn't called out. All it proved is the Govt and Tony needs over site and just a little looking into would reveal millions of people would have died both in the NY and DC incident if the Avengers/Cap had been towing the Govt line.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:02 AM   #22
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nobody wanted to fight. I'm saying it would be a bit better if the filmmakers had a shot of him earlier in the fight then when they showed, whether it was him looking indecisive, trying to grab Hawkeye and fly him away from the battlefield or even seeing Wanda temporarily take him down. About the third time I watched the battle I was like ""Okay, we've seen everyone fighting. What has Vision been doing in the last 5-10 minutes?"
Totally noticed Vision's absence, Hawkeye fights Widow, then Black Panther, Cap fights Panther and Rhodey, then Spidey, Panther fights Cap, then Bucky then Hawkeye, even Scarlet Witch is throwing stuff around......but Vision is conspicuously absent, he just floats around until he stops that bus from hitting Black Panther.

A single line of dialogue Tony "Vision, you hang back, just in case things get out of hand" and problem solved.

I love airport sequence, so this is a nitpick.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:12 AM   #23
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
Lost me defending Ross presentation.that was the most agenda driven disingenuous presentation I've ever seen in a non political piece that wasn't called out. All it proved is the Govt and Tony needs over site and just a little looking into would reveal millions of people would have died both in the NY and DC incident if the Avengers/Cap had been towing the Govt line.
Yeah, the presentation seems damning.....until you add the words "...when you were saving the world." to the end of each sentence.

What makes this scene work is the Avengers' various reactions. Rhodey just wants to follow orders, Tony is wracked by guilt over creating Ultron and Cap is spot on with a not too subtle shot at the UN (and its useless security council, which is totally dominated by agendas).

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote