The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Old 04-20-2017, 06:09 PM   #126
MbJ
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Par

No Adam Warlock.

Quote:
“He’s not. He’s not in Infinity War. But he will be a part of the future Marvel cosmic universe and a pretty important part of that.”
http://www.slashfilm.com/adam-warloc...of-the-galaxy/

Last edited by MbJ; 04-20-2017 at 06:46 PM.
MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:29 PM   #127
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post

Yep
https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/855162911349768193

The Ironstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #128
terry78
I'm from Gary, bish

Thanos isn't going anywhere after this, so it makes sense. If you've read any of the stuff after IW featuring him and Thanos you know there's a lot more ground to cover. He is genuinely afraid of Warlock.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:52 PM   #129
legendkillin
Side-Kick

I would like Warlock, but I am fine with him being out. I don't want the casting for him to be rushed and he is a big deal. Warlock should also have a mini arc in a phase, like a mystery around him.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #130
Iceman
Infinity War!

Never expected him in IW but look forward to seeing him later at least.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #131
Lookhowfunnyiam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoMoria View Post
Who's we? Do you mean YOU? The only person with a Jack Ripper syndrome is you. Yes i expect a couple of deaths but "almost everyone to die" is idiotic from a business and story perspetive. This is exactly what Ultimatum did in 2009 and it was reviled.

If you want to get off the superhero train, be my guest. Marvel certainly won't notice it...
Are you KIDDING me? Most forums on this site, Reddit, other sites like Tumblr, and a large part of the casual audience give Marvel a ton of hear for this.

Ultron killed Quicksilver with a jet, but the universe-ending giant threat that's supposedly going to leave the MCU a radically different place (per Feige) isn't going to leave a body count?

Opening night of Civil War release, I'm in a sold out theater. Nobody talking during the movie. When War Machine fell, audience was gasping, clearly into it. When they confirmed he was alive, 5-10 different people across the theater audibly say "cop out" and half the theater started groaning. Multiple groups complaining about MCU having no consequences after the movie.

Now I think plenty of MCU criticisms are nonsense, like the people that claim MCU has no drama because they make jokes sometimes, but this is absolutely something that people think. You can say "oh, well people don't have that expectation with other franchises," but other franchises aren't gonna be 15 movies deep with a total body count of 1 minor character in his first movie. Hell, the Fast and Furious characters literally don't obey the laws of physics and even they kill off beloved characters, not even including the obviously unique Paul Walker situation.

Lookhowfunnyiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #132
harryoscop
Here Comes the Spider-Man

I agree with him, a few staples need to die to in this movie. Vision is a walking target but I want a few more to bite it. (Hawkeye, Widow etc) Feige said Thanos will show the audience why he's the biggest, bestest, the baddest villain that not just the Avengers have ever faced but the ENTIRE UNIVERSE. It only makes sense that there will be some casualties. In the Infinity Gauntlet comics, Thanos killed almost every Avenger (even though it was reversed by Nebula) some deaths should happen in the movie as well.

I can easily see that being the final money shot of the trailer

Last edited by harryoscop; 04-20-2017 at 08:14 PM.
harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:37 AM   #133
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The Guardians, or at least some of them, are safe because they are making a third movie. Maybe Drax, Gamora or Nebula bites it.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:48 AM   #134
Inhuman117
Side-Kick

Is Captain Marvel Confirmed for IW or Avengers 4

Old 04-21-2017, 04:32 AM   #135
GeckoMoria
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookhowfunnyiam View Post
Are you KIDDING me? Most forums on this site, Reddit, other sites like Tumblr, and a large part of the casual audience give Marvel a ton of hear for this.

Ultron killed Quicksilver with a jet, but the universe-ending giant threat that's supposedly going to leave the MCU a radically different place (per Feige) isn't going to leave a body count?

Opening night of Civil War release, I'm in a sold out theater. Nobody talking during the movie. When War Machine fell, audience was gasping, clearly into it. When they confirmed he was alive, 5-10 different people across the theater audibly say "cop out" and half the theater started groaning. Multiple groups complaining about MCU having no consequences after the movie.

Now I think plenty of MCU criticisms are nonsense, like the people that claim MCU has no drama because they make jokes sometimes, but this is absolutely something that people think. You can say "oh, well people don't have that expectation with other franchises," but other franchises aren't gonna be 15 movies deep with a total body count of 1 minor character in his first movie. Hell, the Fast and Furious characters literally don't obey the laws of physics and even they kill off beloved characters, not even including the obviously unique Paul Walker situation.
Are you serious, dude? Did you even read anything i wrote or the other guy wrote? I even said in my comment "i expect someone to die". But claiming you are off the superhero train of "almost everyone doesn't die" is plain stupid. if you don't think that's stupid then you don't know how business work. I said i predict that a couple of people will die in IW. My gripe was with the ridiculous and unrealistic genocide tendencies that a certain person displayed.

And please don't bring up the FF franchise as an example. The only reason characters died was because the producers were forced to write them off:

1. Han died in Tokyo Drift and he only a supporting character not different than Frigga in TDW. He appeared in the next movies and then he became a fan-favorite but the producers were having him on borrowed time

2. Gal gadot's characters was killed so he play WW. It's a no-brainer.

3 Paul Walker was tragically killed in real life so he had to be written off. if he hadn't passed away he would be in the latest movie FOR SURE.

Cosmic events happen all the time in movies and comics and most characters walk away. Only now you have a problem with it? If you honestly believe that Cap, Iron Man or Hulk are gonna die then you are in for a rude awakening. This is as certain as batman dying in Justice League.

GeckoMoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:34 AM   #136
GeckoMoria
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryoscop View Post
I agree with him, a few staples need to die to in this movie. Vision is a walking target but I want a few more to bite it. (Hawkeye, Widow etc) Feige said Thanos will show the audience why he's the biggest, bestest, the baddest villain that not just the Avengers have ever faced but the ENTIRE UNIVERSE. It only makes sense that there will be some casualties. In the Infinity Gauntlet comics, Thanos killed almost every Avenger (even though it was reversed by Nebula) some deaths should happen in the movie as well.

I can easily see that being the final money shot of the trailer
What you want is irrelevant. If Marvel is committed to a Black Widow movie she will survive. Also she is a female heroine, those are safe. And staples are not gonna die. For the same reasons that characters like Superman, Flash or Batman aren't gonna die in JL or any other movie for that matter. It's like some of you have no idea how business works.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:18 AM   #137
Iceman
Infinity War!

So the comics got out of it by resurrecting them. If the films do that I can see many of the adults in the GA thinking this stuff is for kids after all. If you kill anyone have the balls to leave them dead forever. Otherwise don't deal in adult topics.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:31 AM   #138
GeckoMoria
Side-Kick

If any of the major actors wants to move on, they will kill him. If Evans or Ruffalo or Downey want to do more movies, they will live. It's as simple as that. or does anyone think that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Wolvie
died because Fox requested it?

Old 04-21-2017, 06:32 AM   #139
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Let's just all agree that Avengers 4 should finish with Thanos completing the Gauntlet then in a click of his fingers wipe out the entire universe. Fade to black. The End.

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Guardians of the Galaxy 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:34 AM   #140
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryoscop View Post
I kinda doubt that lol. Gamora & Nebula alone could take all of the human Avengers. Drax & Groot together would be a match for the Hulk. Yondu could probably kill half of them with his whistle thingie, Stark could be matched by Rocket. Scarlet Witch & Vision are the ones I could see being a problem for the Guardians.

But yeah, Yondu could end the fight:
It's a shame Yondu isn't comics Yondu with his bow and arrow instead of a whistle. It would've been nice to see a face off against Hawkeye like this. I think they changed Yondu just so he wouldn't be like Hawkeye in GOTG.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:36 AM   #141
MbJ
Side-Kick

Black Widow is safe. LOL people have been predicting she was gonna die since Age of Ultron was announced and it doesn't happen. They're not getting rid of their most notable female character at present, even if they're doing better in that department and have more women now.

But yes Thanos does need to give the Avengers an actual L. Killing half the universe is nice but you know that will never stick and will be undone by the end. An actual death that is played for real would be more notable. Particularly since, as others have noted, even Ultron, a character widely considered to be a disappointing villain, got to kill Quicksilver.

Last edited by MbJ; 04-21-2017 at 08:29 AM.
MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #142
Zarex
Side-Kick

SLJ and RDJ are the two biggest characters I can see getting a heroic ending in Infinity War. They have both had plenty of screen time, and outside of mentoring their potential successors I am not sure what role they have going forward in the MCU. It would be a nice touch to see the two fellas who launched the universe in the Iron Man post credit scene take down Thanos in their final act - maybe Bettany's Jarvis/Vision could be involved as well.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #143
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

How do we know that Thanos isn't going to kill off everyone? But then someone might bring them all back.

This might be the equivalent of the classic Avengers issue "The Hope and the Slaughter" where the combined might of the Avengers and Guardians took on Korvac, and then when he died, his wife Carina. Every single Avenger and Guardian was killed off, except for Thor and Moondragon. They were somehow brought back to life at the last minute though, either by Korvac or Carina, because one of them saw the futility of their fight when they felt the other might not love them.

Maybe Thanos might replace Korvac here, but it could play out very similar.

What would be cool is if they took elements from that storyline, such as the "Captives of the Collector" subplot, where the Collector captured all the Avengers (except for Hawkeye) because he was trying to safeguard them against the coming threat of Korvac. Collector is in Infinity War isn't he? That would give him something to do, and also would break up the story, since they can't be battling Thanos the whole time.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:32 AM   #144
Ultron
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you honestly believe that Cap, Iron Man or Hulk are gonna die then you are in for a rude awakening. This is as certain as batman dying in Justice League.
Quote:
If any of the major actors wants to move on, they will kill him. If Evans or Ruffalo or Downey want to do more movies, they will live. It's as simple as that. or does anyone think that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Wolvie
died because Fox requested it?
Just poking the bear for fun, but which is it? lol

First, they are certainly not going to die/rude awakening.
Then, well if they want to move on then they will die.

I think Evans is done and will die in IW2

RDJ is probably done, but I don't think he necessarily dies. I could see Marvel using him to come back for cameos as a mentor for the next Ironman? Only issue there is RDJ won't be cheap.

Ultron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #145
ThrawnSr
Newbie First Class

I definitely think we'll lose a main character in IW 1 or 2, mainly to keep the universe ticking along, and because of contractual issues. Top of the list I think is Thor. If Thor 3 under performs (which I don't think will happen after the awesome trailer), I can see Thor being sacrificed. Cap too could go, as Chris Evans has already stated that he wants to move away from acting. Overall, however, I'd probably like to see RDJ go. Iron man has been in a lot of the marvel movies lately, and his death would probably resonate the biggest with the audience.

ThrawnSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #146
Zarex
Side-Kick

I don't think Hemsworth has made any noise about moving on from the role, and it would be awfully difficult to kill off his character and make it stick. With what we've seen of Waititi's work so far I would love to see him work on a film featuring a grizzled old King Thor coming back to earth after a couple hundred years.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:27 AM   #147
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

Until I see otherwise, I still firmly believe Thanos should kill Hulk. What a display of strength that would be. To the most casual of fans, seeing this guy, they don't really know about, kill the most "powerful." That would be enough to set the tone. I also don't see what else they could possibly really need Hulk for going into their next phase of the MCU.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:40 AM   #148
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Until I see otherwise, I still firmly believe Thanos should kill Hulk. What a display of strength that would be. To the most casual of fans, seeing this guy, they don't really know about, kill the most "powerful." That would be enough to set the tone. I also don't see what else they could possibly really need Hulk for going into their next phase of the MCU.
I don't see them killing off the Hulk given that is an A lister, he works so well as a utility player and can be recast fairly easily. And I want to see him square off with Ben Grimm in Phase Four.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:47 AM   #149
Bert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Are you serious, dude? Did you even read anything i wrote or the other guy wrote? I even said in my comment "i expect someone to die". But claiming you are off the superhero train of "almost everyone doesn't die" is plain stupid. if you don't think that's stupid then you don't know how business work. I said i predict that a couple of people will die in IW. My gripe was with the ridiculous and unrealistic genocide tendencies that a certain person displayed.

And please don't bring up the FF franchise as an example. The only reason characters died was because the producers were forced to write them off:

1. Han died in Tokyo Drift and he only a supporting character not different than Frigga in TDW. He appeared in the next movies and then he became a fan-favorite but the producers were having him on borrowed time

2. Gal gadot's characters was killed so he play WW. It's a no-brainer.

3 Paul Walker was tragically killed in real life so he had to be written off. if he hadn't passed away he would be in the latest movie FOR SURE.

Cosmic events happen all the time in movies and comics and most characters walk away. Only now you have a problem with it? If you honestly believe that Cap, Iron Man or Hulk are gonna die then you are in for a rude awakening. This is as certain as batman dying in Justice League.
Dude, you need to chill out. You're just waxing hyperbolic cause I'm talking about ruining half your toy box here. I think Marvel has a strategy here where IW will be a passing off the torch and the characters we've already seen a lot of (I don't need an Iron Man 17) will be biting the dust. Yes we see big events where main characters walk away, but is that exciting? Not particularly.

You keep coming back to this do you know business works? Yes, in movies and television though sometimes smart people go out on top or at their peak. (Logan) will others keep pumping out garbage forever with diminishing returns (Friday the 13th) Marvel hasn't really hit a point of diminishing returns, and indeed they can stave that point off if they refresh the core group of characters like I think they will.

Furthermore, I think this will be loosely based on Infinity Gauntlet which did feature almost all of the characters dying... do I think any of the characters with a lot more mileage will be killed off (Ant-man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange) no. But I do think any of the characters with a trilogy under their belt and other appearances are fair game.

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #150
Capsfan
Side-Kick

Evans stated recently that if Marvel wants him they've got him. He is open to play Cap beyond IW.

Capsfan is offline   Reply With Quote