The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

Old 04-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #351
Indy Flash
Archeological Speedster

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That's a great poster, though it seems kind of wrong Alfred and Lucius have bigger face pics than everyone else lol.
Thanks, your right didn't think of that till now.

Indy Is Back Again In 2020

My YouTube Page
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...kfAChys4oCwJ3Q
Indy Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:41 PM   #352
Indy Flash
Archeological Speedster

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Joker Batman Poster The Dark Knight.

My YouTube Page
Old 04-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #353
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Nice collage.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:40 AM   #354
Indy Flash
Archeological Speedster

Quote:
Nice collage.
Thank you.

My YouTube Page
Old 04-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #355
The Joker

We all knew this, but nice to see it confirmed by family; http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/04/24/h...-knight-death/

- The Joker
Old 04-25-2017, 10:37 PM   #356
Brother Jack
Just Some Nut

Quote:
We all knew this, but nice to see it confirmed by family; http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/04/24/h...-knight-death/
The myth about him "going too far" with the role and it contributing to his death has always bothered me. I've even had friends who have bought into it fully and I've tried to correct them. It's obscene to sensationalize a person's death, as often as it happens. At the end of the day it's none of our damn business.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:39 PM   #357
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Ledger
He was so proud of what he had done in Batman. And I know he had plans for another Batman.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...06e03f09374d1e

And my day is officially ruined.

Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #358
The Joker

Oh man.....

- The Joker
Old 05-04-2017, 07:25 PM   #359
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Definitely bittersweet for me. It confirms what I suspected all along but makes me continue to wonder as to what could have been. Great post.

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #360
shauner111
Side-Kick

What she said was very vague. He probably had some ideas on how to approach things differently IF he was called back for a third film or whatever. It doesn't confirm that him and Chris talked about situations for Joker to return or anything like that.

Once again, i still don't think he would have been in the film for more than a few scenes.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #361
Ryan
Side-Kick

Well she does say that he was to return for a third film. In what capacity we don't know yet, but hopefully more light can be shed some day. Just great to have this confirmation though.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #362
shauner111
Side-Kick

Of course he was. Bale and the rest were set for 3 films too. Of course they were down for him to return. That's a no brainer for both parties. But it doesn't guarantee that Nolan was going to return. Or that it would have been a big role.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
Old 05-04-2017, 08:50 PM   #363
The Joker

So much for the claims Joker was done after TDK. Nice to have that officially debunked. Heath wouldn't be making plans for another movie unless he and Nolan had discussed him coming back for another.

- The Joker
Old 05-04-2017, 08:58 PM   #364
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
So much for the claims Joker was done after TDK. Nice to have that officially debunked. Heath wouldn't be making plans for another movie unless he and Nolan had discussed him coming back for another.
Exactly my thinking.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:53 AM   #365
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

BaelaTargaryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:02 AM   #366
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

"Check it out, Lisa. I'm Batman!"
"I don't think the real Batman would have his face painted, or have a wonky symbol with his name written across it to remind everybody of who he was."
"He would on Halloween!"

Thank You!
My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:22 PM   #367
StormC
SMILE BOMB

Quote:
From a producer standpoint, too, after the smash success of TDK/Heath's Joker, there'd be little incentive to not include him in the third movie. It's hard to say what it would look like though, since I doubt Nolan was giving the story a lot of serious thought until after TDK came out. (Maybe something like his Dark Knight Returns role since that was a big part of the third film's inspiration.)

StormC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:40 AM   #368
Rorschach2012
Number One Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
What she said was very vague. He probably had some ideas on how to approach things differently IF he was called back for a third film or whatever. It doesn't confirm that him and Chris talked about situations for Joker to return or anything like that.

Once again, i still don't think he would have been in the film for more than a few scenes.
I think it would've been a fairly significant role.

In the end, the League of Shadows were sort of the main villain of TDKT. I bet if Ledger came back, Joker would've been seen as the overarching villain of the whole thing.

I bet the ending of TDKR would've changed. Something along the lines of Joker's death in TDKReturns or the final scene of TKJ.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #369
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
In the end, the League of Shadows were sort of the main villain of TDKT. I bet if Ledger came back, Joker would've been seen as the overarching villain of the whole thing.
Joker being an overarching villain for the whole trilogy doesn't quite work, as Joker didn't have anything to do with the plot of BB (you can't really count the Joker card tease in the epilogue). He'd only be an overarching villain of the second two movies this way.

My guess is the LoS would've returned in some capacity to bookend the trilogy regardless, but Joker still could've been integrated into the storyline somehow. More of a fusion of BB and TDK than simply a TDK 2.0. Which is basically what we got anyhow, as Harvey Dent's legacy and the events of TDK still had a big impact on the state we find Gotham and the main characters in. Joker may not be mentioned by name in TDKR, but you can still feel the weight of his impact.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:52 PM   #370
shauner111
Side-Kick

So i watched the documentary. I enjoyed it (and felt quite sad by the end of it). But it was way too short. Maybe there's an extended version waiting to be released? Everything was so quick and on the surface. Every project including the time spent on the Joker role was handled like a race to the finish line. Wasted opportunity even though there were some funny or interesting bits.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:12 AM   #371
JackWhite
Third Man

I just watched the documentary today and I'd have to agree with Shauner, it did feel fairly brief. The part where one of Heath's friends quoted him saying he had to stay busy, because he didn't think he had much time left was very prophetic.

Heath really was an amazing talent, who was just beginning to tap into his true potential before his untimely passing.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:16 PM   #372
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I'm pretty sure that the version that aired on Spike is a cut-down version and the one that had the brief theatrical run and is now available for purchase on iTunes is closer to 90 minutes.

Haven't watched it yet myself.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:18 PM   #373
shauner111
Side-Kick

Hmm. The one I watched came to an hour, cut commercials.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:54 PM   #374
JackWhite
Third Man

I'm pretty sure I saw the full version. It's definitely a good watch. Batlobster, you should definitely check it out.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:31 PM   #375
shauner111
Side-Kick

So I didn't see the full version.