The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 04-20-2017, 11:41 PM   #626
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - -

#Sogood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:44 PM   #627
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - -

Franco was one of the highlights of 3.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:46 PM   #628
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Venom was another.

Quote:
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:48 PM   #629
The Joker

Best Venom ever.

- The Joker
Old 04-20-2017, 11:49 PM   #630
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

It's true. All of it.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2017, 12:00 AM   #631
Awest66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Best Venom ever.
I take it you're not a fan.

Awest66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:02 AM   #632
The Joker

This might be the most brutal kill of the trilogy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3Xo2K910Q&t=1m33s

In fact the whole scene is a contender for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awest66 View Post
I take it you're not a fan.
Of Venom in general? No. Of the SM-3 version, I actually like him because I bought his motive for hating Spidey. Something I never did with the comic version.

- The Joker
Old 04-21-2017, 12:10 AM   #633
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

It's taken me a while to realize that the character of Eddie from the comics is rather forced. While it's somewhat in keeping with Peter's terrible luck, from a dramatic standpoint it seems strange that Spider-Man has this powerful super-villain he has never met who is determined to kill him out of revenge. So it makes sense that all subsequent versions of Spidey give Peter and Eddie some kind of relationship to build that vendetta on.

VIDEO: Just how old are the X-Men in the movies? A Mathematical Analysis
DawnWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:21 AM   #634
Awest66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Excellent scene. I've heard a few complaints that it doesn't fit tonally with the rest of the movie but it never bothered me.

Quote:
I actually like him because I bought his motive for hating Spidey. Something I never did with the comic version.
That's completely fair all things considered. I think subsequent animated adaptations (94, Spectacular) have given him a better reason while also making Venom an intimidating threat on top of that.

My issue with SM3 Venom isn't his motivation that's fine, It's just I find it utterly impossible to take Topher Grace seriously as a villain but that's just my two cents, You're completely entitled to your views and I think it would've been much better had Raimi stuck to his guns and not approached the character period.

Last edited by Awest66; 04-21-2017 at 03:06 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:09 AM   #635
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

He didn't want to, he was forced upon it by Avi "venom is teh coolest character evor" Arad, and Sony. SM3 is really where that studio started going down the crapper.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2017, 05:35 AM   #636
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is the first time I've seen this gif that wasn't the bootleg.

Quote:
This might be the most brutal kill of the trilogy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3Xo2K910Q&t=1m33s

This scene was begging to have blood in it.

Last edited by Nardz937; 04-21-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:32 AM   #637
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Best Venom ever.
55 thumbs up.
The one in the PS1 game is a better Venom.

YOUTUBE
To Quit or not to Quit, that is the question.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:55 AM   #638
Lantern Venom
Your Mom's #1 Hypester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awest66 View Post

My issue with SM3 Venom isn't his motivation that's fine, It's just I find it utterly impossible to take Topher Grace seriously as a villain but that's just my two cents, You're completely entitled to your views and I think it would've been much better had Raimi stuck to his guns and not approached the character period.
If you think he's bad in SM3, you should see his performance in Predators. His villainous monologue is one of the most unintentionally hilarious things that I've ever seen on film.

If you want to see classic Eddie, pick up Venom #6 that just hit the stands last Wednesday. It's Eddie's much-heralded return as Venom. I don't want to give too much away, but he manipulates everyone in the issue, including Spider-man. The way it ended seems like Marvel is ready to renew the Venom vs. Spidey rivalry.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:19 AM   #639
The Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardz937 View Post
I disagree. Part of what makes it so effective is it's not a gore fest. It's like John Carpenter's Halloween, it's about suspense and horror, not blood. Combined with there being no music in the scene, just the screams of the victims, and the brutal sound effects of them being slaughtered, it's easily one of the darkest scenes ever put into a CBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
55 thumbs up.
55....I feel special

- The Joker
Old 04-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #640
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardz937 View Post
Nah, it's scarier as it is.

Quote:
I disagree. Part of what makes it so effective is it's not a gore fest. It's like John Carpenter's Halloween, it's about suspense and horror, not blood. Combined with there being no music in the scene, just the screams of the victims, and the brutal sound effects of them being slaughtered, it's easily one of the darkest scenes ever put into a CBM.

Quote:
55....I feel special

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #641
ItchyWebShooter
Spider-Signal Included

Raimi's action direction is unmatched IMO. The only thing that's come close to his fight scenes is the airport scene in Civil War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
55 thumbs up.
The one in the PS1 game is a better Venom.
SURF THE WEB SURF THE WEB

ItchyWebShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #642
Awest66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Franco was one of the highlights of 3.
I agree. The fact that he had motivation that actually made sense put's him well above pretty much all villains of TASM series.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:23 AM   #643
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Agreed, it's a great, dark moment that gives a glimpse of what Doc Ock is capable of even before he wakes up. It's brilliantly brutal.

I love the MCU and its movies, but they would never have a scene this dark in them and I miss that at times.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Wonder Woman-9(6)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(7)It-8(8)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(9)John Wick 2-8(10)Split-8(11)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(12)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(13)Alien Covenant-7(14)Ghost In The Shell-7(15)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(16)The Dark Tower-4(17)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #644
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

A wonderful Spidey tribute

https://youtu.be/KGDkcfeGUbI

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #645
Drizzle
Ah, Goldblum, ah, Smash.

That was an awesome tribute. At the same time, I can't believe we're coming up on the 15th anniversary of Raimi's Spider-Man.

Drizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:02 PM   #646
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

10th on SM3, as well. Christ...

Quote:
Old 04-23-2017, 03:51 AM   #647
Spidey_62
#1 Jar Jar Binks fan

I was 7 when the first movie came out and now I'm 22, ****. It was one of those movies that left such an impression on me as a kid. I already had loved Spider-Man since I was in diapers and I was already reading comics, but it really came at the perfect moment for me to just capture my imagination and keep me set on all things like it. It's also one of those things pretty much every kid my age saw at the time... like Shrek.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, frog-face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram.

RadicalRealmComics.com - read the comic books I draw!

Watch Lost in the Shadows - based on The Spirit of the Shadows comic book!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:58 AM   #648
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

That tribute is beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
10th on SM3, as well. Christ...
OH YEAH.
I'm more in a celebratory mood for the game than I am for the movie it took from.

YOUTUBE

Old 04-23-2017, 04:21 AM   #649
Nardz937
Side-Kick

I swear I still have my ticket stub from the midnight screening for SM3 around here somewhere.

Me and my friend were first in line and we waited several hours, we went to the mall earlier in the day and bought action figures, the novel and coloring book from the movie to keep us occupied.

Great times.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:33 AM   #650
Spider-man95
*Thwip*

Damn....15 years...I remember being a fan of the 90s animated series at the time and playing the 2000 game. I remember watching the trailer for the film and even watching the Nickelback/Saliva music video for "Hero". We even took a ferry trip to Ireland and saw that they were talking about the film on the big screen TV they had on there. One day my Dad is reading the newspaper and there was this picture in there:

The newspaper had ticket prices in it and my Dad told me and my brother that we were going to go see it. Man were we excited. Shortly after that we saw the movie and boy....what an experience. That final swing....that music....the special effects (for the time) that feeling of watching a real life Spider-man webswinging with such finesse and taking out bad guys the way only a spider can.

Every one was talking about the film at school, some brought in their action figures from the movie. My friend had a battle damaged Spider-man from the final fight and someone had a burger king Green Goblin watch that said lines from the movie, I distinctly remember it saying "Can Spider-man come out and play?"

That year my birthday (which was only a month after the film released) was a Spider-man themed birthday, I got the Spiderman web shooter toy that squirted that blue gooey stuff and the GBA movie game. Later on I got the PS2 one, no idea why I didn't get it first but whatever I guess I wanted more games for my GBA.

In conclusion that moment in my life was very special and I'll always hold it close to my heart. Maybe the film has aged a bit now in terms of it's cgi at times. But I'd pop that movie along with Spider-man 2 in any day.