Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 02:27 AM   #51
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: Wow! The NEW (Hype!) TiVo Can Do So Much! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
You can expect them to call her.... "the wonder woman"
I want this to happen so badly now, and I am not sure why.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:28 AM   #52
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Yeah, but you are way more reasonable then us who take these things way too seriously and get way too pedantic.

Some of us take way too long to walk away, some of us never walk away.
I have written my fair share of long posts about everything under the sun (Don't get me started on Superman/Jesus stuff ) but lane takes it to another level.

As a lapsed Catholic I came to the realization one day that things like Star Wars, super heroes etc. had been a consistent part of my life acting on my psyche in ways no different than religion. Once I got that about myself it occurred to me that I should probably take stock and balance that fervor with the knowledge that as much as that all means to me... It's all made up BS. It means a lot to fans, it informs our personalities and world view, but it's still fiction from the mind of human beings.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ To Be Continued A Fanboy Podcast: THE INCREDIBLES 2 Spoiler Review Discussion.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:28 AM   #53
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

You have to put "the" before the name to make it sound credible.

Aziz
Old 07-05-2017, 02:30 AM   #54
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
You have to put "the" before the name to make it sound credible.
"The Greens"?

Sounds like what I would say to a buddy in reference to weed.

"Hey man... You got the Greens?"

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ To Be Continued A Fanboy Podcast: THE INCREDIBLES 2 Spoiler Review Discussion.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:32 AM   #55
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

That's right.

Aziz
Old 07-05-2017, 02:35 AM   #56
dude stannis
Banned User

There's nothing wrong in divining an allegory or a personal meaning in nerd stuff, a lot of writers and film makers do that intentionally because that's how they're able to personalise the material. But don't be a ****ing psychotic about it.

And "The" Greens Sheik has an excellent ring to it.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:37 AM   #57
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I have written my fair share of long posts about everything under the sun (Don't get me started on Superman/Jesus stuff ) but lane takes it to another level.

As a lapsed Catholic I came to the realization one day that things like Star Wars, super heroes etc. had been a consistent part of my life acting on my psyche in ways no different than religion. Once I got that about myself it occurred to me that I should probably take stock and balance that fervor with the knowledge that as much as that all means to me... It's all made up BS. It means a lot to fans, it informs our personalities and world view, but it's still fiction from the mind of human beings.
Personally, I get it. But there are times when I just go way too far, right or wrong, and by the time I realize it, I have gotten to that annoying as hell pedantic place. Just ask Greens.

misslane next level pursuits have won her a fair some fans on the boards. So maybe it reinforces it? I don't know. I was shocked that when harryoscop was banned and I went to the Spidey boards, he had plenty of fans who seem to indicate he wasn't doing what we all saw him do.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:40 AM   #58
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude stannis View Post
There's nothing wrong in divining an allegory or a personal meaning in nerd stuff, a lot of writers and film makers do that intentionally because that's how they're able to personalise the material. But don't be a ****ing psychotic about it.

This is how dude justifies the Benioff and Weiss voodoo dolls he created and uses every night.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:53 AM   #59
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:

Aziz
Old 07-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #60
Guts
Gul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
If she has been active as a superhero for awhile, and that seems to be the indication, you'd think she'd already have the name. It just simply hasn't been mentioned. Aquaman already has his name, and it seems like Batman, he is a bit of a myth.

Also the file Bruce sends her has WW as her symbol. So yeah.
The symbol is on her costume though.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #61
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Change the source material to suit me line is old and boring. I also don't need SJW lines in a comic movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
So a SJW character can't be in a movie, but you're fine with murderers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post
Naw I'm ight with Homecoming. You're the one with problem.. Aren't you the guy who said Peter has a black fetish?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreem Pi View Post
So you're tired of white people, but won't see movies made by non-white people?

No. I've never claimed to have said that. Such poor memory is a bad combination with someone that has a chip on his shoulder. Don't make baseless accusations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post
Nobody is screaming racism. We're happy about inclusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana´s Gun View Post
Isn't Tom Holland English?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana´s Gun View Post
Well because there's an obsession with actors being exactly how characters are in the comics. Tom Holland is English Peter Parker isn't.

So what is the difference between that and Zendaya?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyWebShooter View Post
This thread is totally off the rails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealKenneth View Post
I'm glad someone brought up Holland's accent because it's an excellent point. If Holland used his British accent as Peter Parker it would annoy me just as much as the fact that MJ is visually unrecognizable. In both cases you're nearing the line where you've got to start asking yourself...if you are going to change the character this much, why work with the character at all? Why not just create a new character?

Like it or not, Mary Jane's physical appearance is one of the things that defines her character. Hell...she may be the most iconic red-headed woman of all time!

Now that part of her character has been sacrificed to an agenda. Fortunately, the quality of the film otherwise is enough to smooth over this flaw but there's nothing wrong with being bothered by it. You're certainly not a racist if it annoys you
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady247 View Post
You not liking her based on her physical appearance is literally racism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Would you be ok with Peter being a woman?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady247 View Post
Yup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
This ****ing thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abudefduf View Post
Why are you people talking about a character that's not in the movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealKenneth View Post
Mary Jane is white, she has big boobs, and she has red hair. There's ten thousand comics you can check if you don't believe me! And yes, all three of those things are part of who she is as a character...if the fact that they are trying to change this bothers you, you are normal and not a racist or a sexist.

Have a great day everyone and don't let the viciousness and name-calling bring you down
No offense Neal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurm... View Post
I just want her name to be Mary Jane and not Michelle Jones. That's all LOL.
Lol, indeed.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
Old 07-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #62
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Curses! The agenda to make a handful of comic book characters another ethnicity/race but not turn those handful of Black/Latino/Asian characters Caucasian is exposed again!! How will "the agenda" ever go forth now?

Old 07-06-2017, 10:11 PM   #63
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Part of MJ's character is that she has big boobs? That's news to me.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #64
Guts
Gul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
Part of MJ's character is that she has big boobs? That's news to me.
The controversial Spider-Man story about Peter divorcing MJ because of her decision to get a breast reduction surgery is the reason why many readers stopped reading Spider-Man comics.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:22 PM   #65
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
The controversial Spider-Man story about Peter divorcing MJ because of her decision to get a breast reduction surgery is the reason why many readers stopped reading Spider-Man comics.
Still better than him making a deal with the devil

Old 07-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #66
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Spidey is probably an ass-man any way.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:33 PM   #67
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Curses! The agenda to make a handful of comic book characters another ethnicity/race but not turn those handful of Black/Latino/Asian characters Caucasian is exposed again!! How will "the agenda" ever go forth now?
A couple pages of a beautiful mess.
One guy argues something. Another guy goes to some extreme. The next guy tries to crack some jokes, but gets tangled into it. Some other guy starts some non sequitors. And the one guy who saw the movie takes the bait and ends up adding more dumb fuel to the fire.

I might be missing the rest of the Tarantino/Scorsese cast, but that's the gist.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
Old 07-07-2017, 01:43 AM   #68
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Slimshady rearing his ugly head again...

Aziz
Old 07-08-2017, 12:33 AM   #69
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I guess we can also cross off any potential news/updates about a MOS sequel as well.
Quote:
It's both funny and strange to think that Henry will most likely have a larger role as a villain in MI:6 than as Superman in JL.lol
Quote:
On one hand, I'm happy that Cavill has such a big role in a Mission Impossible film that requires him to be present for a lot of the filming.

But on the other hand, to have that be the reason on why he has to miss out on one of the biggest comic cons cor the dceu must truly sucks.

I have honestly lost all interest in this year's panel.
Quote:
Unless Henry is just shooting action sequences involving close ups of him in front of a green screen, I wonder which other actor is possibly available to even be filming with him right now?
Quote:
So even the shaft thread got the shaft eh?

So let's do a recap?

No Superman (footage or mention) in trailers: Check

No Official Pictures of Superman (officially released and that isn't a reused comic con one): Check

No Henry at this year's Comic Con: Check

Trying to think of some legitimate reasons to be excited for his role in JL.

Quote:
If I couldn't ruin the day when the trailer was released, then I doubt that I could do so for CC day.

And plus, Superman may have gotten his solo film....but Batman and Wonder Woman have hijacked his role at the top since BvS.

The ending of BvS always looked like it was a "passing of the torch" moment where Superman's role in the universe was given to Batman and Wonder Woman after his death, hence their rise in prominence within the universe since then.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:39 AM   #70
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

He's doing it across like four threads too.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:06 AM   #71
Sawyer
High King

I like how he's acting like no one has ever pulled a surprise drop-in on SDCC audiences before.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 07-08-2017, 01:10 AM   #72
dude stannis
Banned User

Including Cavill last year.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:17 AM   #73
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Including Cavill last year.
Quote:

Well, maybe a little...

But damn it, I was really holding out for Henry to show up at this year's CC. That was like the one good DC related thing that I was counting on for this entire summer.

Having that taken away just irritates me even more, and just when I was calming down.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:48 AM   #74
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I like how he's acting like no one has ever pulled a surprise drop-in on SDCC audiences before.
Name one time. Just one.

Old 07-08-2017, 02:00 AM   #75
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
No offense Neal.
I have no idea how any of the posts in that conversation connect.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Closed Thread