The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #51
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I don't think the law looks at one night stands differently then relationships. I think that law specifically says that.
The part of being in a relationship in my understanding of what you posted, seems to say that being in a relationships doesn't preclude you from having intercourse with someone without affirmative consent.

And it also says, if the people in question, are conscious, communicative, fully participating and the sexual activity is not irrational or irresponsible for 2 people who've been in a relationship to have intercourse intoxicated?

That sounds like affirmative consent.

If you want to warn people about drunken behavior with acquaintances, co-workers, strangers, that could be added to the list of dangers along with STDs and pregnancy, I think that should be cautionary tale for others.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #52
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

There's a difference between kissing and cuddling your partner in an attempt to wake them up and transition into sexytime, and actually initiating it while sleeping. I wouldn't want my partner undressing me or start messing around downstairs before I'm conscious. I'd probably be totally willing, but at least let me cognizant enough to get in the mood.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #53
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Franco's accusations go back a bit. Apparently his "acting schools" are a large source of this.
Yeah, I heard that some female students initiated a lawsuit against him citing sexual harassment and he had to close the school down. Ally Sheedy also said she quit acting over something he did to her. Add in his flirtation with the 17-year-old and you have a lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

As for Sarah Tither-Kaplan, she signed a contract that she says was very vague as to what was expected of her, and he only sprung that he expected her to get nude when they were on set.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
Old 01-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #54
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
Yeah, I heard that some female students initiated a lawsuit against him citing sexual harassment and he had to close the school down. Ally Sheedy also said she quit acting over something he did to her. Add in his flirtation with the 17-year-old and you have a lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

As for Sarah Tither-Kaplan, she signed a contract that she says was very vague as to what was expected of her, and he only sprung that he expected her to get nude when they were on set.
I heard Sheedy had a massive drug problem and was out of Hollywood long before she worked with him.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #55
Doug_Moore
Side-Kick

Quote:
Harvey Weinstein attacked at Arizona restaurant
The guy should've decked him instead.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:05 PM   #56
The Shape
In the shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Harvey Weinstein attacked at Arizona restaurant - https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...cid=spartanntp

It doesn't directly link the attack to all the recent accusations against him, but it does sound like the attacker may have thought nothing would be done to him because of the hate for Weinstein at this time.

Definitely a ***** move to slap another man in that kind of way.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:05 PM   #57
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Corey Feldman's back in the news again, though for battery, not harassment or his crusade.

https://www.thewrap.com/corey-feldma...ion-by-police/

Quote:
Corey Feldman, who has launched a crusade against sexual abuse in Hollywood, has been accused of sexual battery, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Police Department told TheWrap on Wednesday.

TheWrap has reached out to Feldman’s publicist for comment on the report. According to TMZ, a representative for the “Stand by Me” star said that Feldman “vehemently denies these egregious claims.”

Old 01-10-2018, 06:31 PM   #58
Drizzle
Senpai Goldblum

How in the hell is Weinstein showing his face in public?

Old 01-10-2018, 10:16 PM   #59
Venomfan
Side-Kick

This threads gotten interesting... Why is sex the only decision you can make while drunk that you are not held accountable to?

Old 01-11-2018, 01:22 AM   #60
Reek
_________

i mean it seems like this thread is one opinion versus everyone else in regards to the drunk sex is rape thing.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:13 AM   #61
Marvolo
Side-Kick

On the topic of being woke up by sex, if I'm in a relationship and my significant other wants to wake me up in a special way I'm not going to be upset. But I wouldn't do it to my SO without knowing they are ok with that sort of thing. I wouldn't do it to someone I've only hooked up with once randomly. Some people are ok with being woke up by sex and some arent. Waking someone up that way and them not being ok with it could lead to a number of unpleasant scenarios. Testicles crushed by furious woman, nose or jaw broken by furious woman, penis broken by furious woman, both people could be left feeling dirty and weird and awkward etc. So as a rule you should always make sure your partner is ok with a special wake up before you actually give them a special wake up.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 01-11-2018, 04:39 AM   #62
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Franco bombed on Meyers so bad, when he said he could defend himself but won't because he respects the movement I roared laughing

Old 01-11-2018, 05:06 AM   #63
Marvolo
Side-Kick

There really is no point for him or anyone else to try to defend themselves in the social sphere. Once the Supreme Court of Social Media decides you are a guilty fiend no defense is going to sate the bloodthirst. He should just grit his teeth and wait for social media's goldfish attention span to find something new to focus on. And if he is guilty he should rethink his life choices while he is staying quiet.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Old 01-11-2018, 05:18 AM   #64
Reek
_________

why did she delete the tweet?

and Marvolo, absolutely. In these situations, the man is always the liar.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:33 AM   #65
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Yeah...this whole episode has really re-proven what a lynch mob social media is. The same thing people are busy lighting their torches for over Franco they’d defend their brothers/uncles/husbands/fathers over if it was someone they knew being accused without nuance, context or all the facts.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:00 AM   #66
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

I already see claims that if he is miraculously nominated for an Oscar (he is lucky this didn't happen last week but 6 days before voting ends) the Academy should rescind his nomination.
You know, over a tweet. From a chick no one even established yet if she ever worked or crossed paths with Franco. Because since Franco hits on young girls then it also must mean he assaults them.

It's ridiculous. That said, his response on Meyers is a sign of spectacularly failing at measuring how the public will respond. Now he looks guilty and stupid to all the sheep.

but there is LA Times piece I'm about to read which I suspect will bury him.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:08 AM   #67
Reek
_________

i mean... he said it wasn't true... she deleted the tweet... and there's really nothing else he can do. He know's now he is forever labeled cause thats just how it is. so he's hoping it passes cause nothing he says is going to change certain peoples minds.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:05 AM   #68
dark_b
Side-Kick

its funny watching Franco's reaction when Colbert and Meyers ask him....like he didnt expect them hehe. This was planned by his team and the hosts.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #69
James.B
In search of the absurd

James Franco Accused of Sexually Exploitative Behavior by Five Women in Los Angeles Times Report
http://www.latimes.com/business/holl...htmlstory.html

Quote:
James Franco has been accused of sexually inappropriate and/or exploitative behavior by five women in a new report from the Los Angeles Times. Four of the accusers are former acting students of Franco’s, while the fifth woman viewed Franco as a mentor to her. The majority of the women describe uncomfortable encounters with Franco on film sets in which the actor would pressure women into appearing nude and would grow frustrated when they refused.

Sarah Tither-Kaplan was asked by Franco in 2015 to play a prostitute in his feature film “The Long Home.” She agreed to perform nudity in scenes as she considered the role a big break for her career, but she says one day on set a producer approached her and asked if she would film a “bonus scene” that included an orgy.

Tither-Kaplan appeared fully nude in the background of the scene while other women were chosen to partake in the simulated orgy opposite Franco, whose character was performing oral sex on the women. Tither-Kaplan said that in each case Franco “removed a clear plastic guard that covered their vaginas — and continued to simulate the sex act with no protection.”

I feel there was an abuse of power, and there was a culture of exploiting non-celebrity women, and a culture of women being replaceable,” Tither-Kaplan told the Times.

During another scene not written in the script, Tither-Kaplan and her female co-stars were asked to appear topless and dance around with Franco. When one actress refused, she was allegedly sent home the next day by Franco.

“I got it in my head pretty quickly that, OK, you don’t say ‘no’ to this guy,” she said.

While Franco was teaching acting at Playhouse West in North Hollywood, two women say he would put his “female students in uncomfortable situations beyond the normal parameters of acting class.”

Hilary Dusome and Natalie Chmiel were asked by Franco to star in one of his “art films.” The latter said she was told the footage would be used for a 7 For All Mankind jeans commercial. The shoot took place at a strip club that both women considered to be “unprofessional” and “hostile.” During the production, Franco allegedly approached the actresses and asked, “So, who wants to take your shirt off?”

“I felt like I was selected for something based on my hard work and my merit, and when I realized it was because I have nice [breasts], it was pretty clear that was not the case,” Dusome said. “I don’t think he started teaching with bad intentions, but he went down a bad path and damaged a lot of people in the process.”

Another former student, Katie Ryan, shared a similar experience with the Times. She said Franco “would always make everybody think there were possible roles on the table if we were to perform sexual acts or take off our shirts.” Ryan said she received mass email requests from Franco for years asking her to audition for roles playing “a prostitute or a hooker.”

Violet Paley was the fifth woman to speak with the Times about Franco’s behavior. She met Franco in early 2016 and he agreed to give her notes on a script she wrote. The two started a consensual romantic relationship, but Paley alleges Franco pressured her into performing oral sex on him while sitting in her car. Paley and Franco had never had oral sex with each other prior to the encounter.

“I was talking to him, all of a sudden his penis was out,” said Paley. “I got really nervous, and I said, ‘Can we do this later?’ He was kind of nudging my head down, and I just didn’t want him to hate me, so I did it.”

Paley grew uncomfortable with the sex act and told Franco she saw someone near the car so that she could stop it.

Franco’s attorney, Michael Plonsker, has disputed all of the women’s allegations and directed The Times to Franco’s comments on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.”

“Look, in my life I pride myself on taking responsibility for things that I have done,” Franco told Colbert. “I have to do that to maintain my well being. The things that I heard that were on Twitter are not accurate. But I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice because they didn’t have a voice for so long. So I don’t want to shut them down in any way.”

“If I have done something wrong,” he said, “I will fix it — I have to.”

The Los Angeles Times article is the first report to break about allegations involving Franco since women such as Tither-Kaplan took to Twitter following the Golden Globes to criticize Franco for wearing a anti-harassment Time’s Up pin.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #70
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

“Received mass email requests” - Any publication that knows anything about journalism would’ve tracked those down and included them. Once upon a time evidence was a thing that mattered, especially when someone explicitly claims it exists.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:19 AM   #71
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
I already see claims that if he is miraculously nominated for an Oscar (he is lucky this didn't happen last week but 6 days before voting ends) the Academy should rescind his nomination.
You know, over a tweet. From a chick no one even established yet if she ever worked or crossed paths with Franco. Because since Franco hits on young girls then it also must mean he assaults them.

It's ridiculous. That said, his response on Meyers is a sign of spectacularly failing at measuring how the public will respond. Now he looks guilty and stupid to all the sheep.

but there is LA Times piece I'm about to read which I suspect will bury him.
Are all five women still unreliable?
Or is smoke starting to be a bit too much to dismiss this thing completely?

Again, my point is: always listen, ignore potential victim's past "transgressions", wait.
If there is another shoe, it will drop.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!

Last edited by ludovica; 01-11-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:24 AM   #72
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Is Trump still the President after like 14 women came out accussing him of various departures from normal behavior ranging from accusations of sexual assault to rape? Yeah, five cases of alleged creep/sexual harassment type behavior won’t sink Franco, whether he deserves it or not.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #73
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

I'd say it's apples and oranges.
No need of rankings.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
Old 01-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #74
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovica View Post
Are all five women still unreliable?
Or is smoke starting to be a bit too much to dismiss this thing completely?

Again, my point is: always listen, ignore potential victim's past "transgressions", wait.
If there is another shoe, it will drop.
Violet Paley is still unreliable. Says she sent an e-mail and says she called. They saw an e-mail. Without response. I doubt it's horribly difficult to get Franco's e-mail address when you are in LA and in industry.

The car situation described by another girl sounds absolutely terrible though and should be properly looked into.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:31 AM   #75
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
Violet Paley is still unreliable. Says she sent an e-mail and says she called. They saw an e-mail. Without response. I doubt it's horribly difficult to get Franco's e-mail when you are in LA and in industry.

The car situation described by another girl sounds absolutely terrible though and should be properly looked into.
That girl is Violet Paley.

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
Closed Thread