The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 08:47 PM   #26
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

Default Re: Groundhog Lounge

I have a Gorn Halloween costume mask. It doesn't fit at all properly, and is actually kind of dangerous to wear. So, like the real thing.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 01-30-2018, 08:48 PM   #27
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Anyone else get down on the Humble Bundles? They have been killing it lately. Just got 7 strategy games for $12.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:48 PM   #28
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
I really enjoyed how some of the characters progressed throught the show. Back in season one I wouldn't think Nog would be the type of person to join Star Fleet, loose a leg, and develop PTSD.
By the end Nog was way more interesting and compelling than Jake ever was.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/TBC'S SPOILER REVIEW DISCUSSION OF MARVEL STUDIOS' BLACK PANTHER WITH SPECIAL GUEST BASSY BOB BROCKMANN
Old 01-30-2018, 08:49 PM   #29
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

The only time Jake was compelling was when he was played by Tony Todd.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:50 PM   #30
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
To the last... I grapple with thee...

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/TBC'S SPOILER REVIEW DISCUSSION OF MARVEL STUDIOS' BLACK PANTHER WITH SPECIAL GUEST BASSY BOB BROCKMANN
Old 01-30-2018, 08:51 PM   #31
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Cell View Post
The only time Jake was compelling was when he was played by Tony Todd.
I am never not gonna be pissed at how they ended Kern and Worf's relationship.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:54 PM   #32
Texas Zombie
Chill brah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
Anyone else get down on the Humble Bundles? They have been killing it lately. Just got 7 strategy games for $12.
That’s on steam right?

Old 01-30-2018, 11:50 PM   #33
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

If they did PS4 bundles more often then I would but I don't game on my laptop and that's pretty much all I see from them game-wise.

In other news, I'm working on getting a Plat Trophy on Dark Souls 3. I just need to run through the game twice more to collect everything and grind out some covenant stuff then I'll have three of the five Plats for the SoulsBorne games.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:00 AM   #34
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm sick of this trend of "superhero adjacent" shows. If you want to capitalize on the Batman or Superman brands on TV, just bite the bullet and make a Batman or Superman show, WB. People won't be too confused to differentiate from the movies, I promise.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 01-31-2018, 12:09 AM   #35
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

That's one of the reasons I don't get Gotham. Bruce is what? 12? And all the bad guys are already established.

So what happens in ten years when he comes back and everything is already supervillains instead of organized crime? One of the big questions was always "Did the villains exist before Batman or did he create them as he went?". That was always an interesting take on the Batman mythos and one of the reasons I'm not interested in watching the show.

If I want to watch Batman without Batman then I'll watch Arrow.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:17 AM   #36
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

And nobody wants to watch Arrow.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:22 AM   #37
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
That's one of the reasons I don't get Gotham. Bruce is what? 12? And all the bad guys are already established.

So what happens in ten years when he comes back and everything is already supervillains instead of organized crime? One of the big questions was always "Did the villains exist before Batman or did he create them as he went?". That was always an interesting take on the Batman mythos and one of the reasons I'm not interested in watching the show.

If I want to watch Batman without Batman then I'll watch Arrow.
Agreed.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:28 AM   #38
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I'm sick of this trend of "superhero adjacent" shows. If you want to capitalize on the Batman or Superman brands on TV, just bite the bullet and make a Batman or Superman show, WB. People won't be too confused to differentiate from the movies, I promise.
Yep. I agree 1000%. These actually annoy me more then anything. Because they don't even stick to this idea. They always overstep. Look at Gotham.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:28 AM   #39
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

Remember when Smallville started getting a little long-in-the-tooth, and people were like "they should totally rename the show to Metropolis"? That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this announcement. It's not that far off.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:30 AM   #40
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post

So what happens in ten years when he comes back and everything is already supervillains instead of organized crime?
Then, there's an actual incentive for him to get all flamboyant rather just tackle organized crime the way everyone else would.
I'd say Jim Gordon is the center of that universe, but it genuinely is quite the ensemble piece where you get to see how characters develop on their own or within the multitude of alliances...it's kind of like the Game of Thrones of comic-based shows.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
Old 01-31-2018, 12:32 AM   #41
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Cell View Post
Remember when Smallville started getting a little long-in-the-tooth, and people were like "they should totally rename the show to Metropolis"? That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this announcement. It's not that far off.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:33 AM   #42
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
Then, there's an actual incentive for him to get all flamboyant rather just tackle organized crime the way everyone else would.
I'd say Jim Gordon is the center of that universe, but it genuinely is quite the ensemble piece where you get to see how characters develop on their own or within the multitude of alliances...it's kind of like the Game of Thrones of comic-based shows.
If Games of Thrones was poorly acted, worse written, and crapped all over already established ideas. Yes, its just like Game of Thrones.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:34 AM   #43
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Well hey, if this Metropolis thing struggles to get off the ground, they can always just hire Tyler Hoechlin to play Superman in S2 and make it a Supergirl prequel, lol.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:35 AM   #44
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

Titans sounds interesting, so that's at least a positive step. I still want more details about this DC streaming service. I think one of the rumours about it early on was that it would include a comic element. If you give me a comics subscription service along with the streaming service for one (reasonable) fee, you have my money. My stupid, plastic money.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:38 AM   #45
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I've wanted a DC version of Marvel Unlimited for years now, so if they did that, they'd have my money as well.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:40 AM   #46
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

I want something better than Marvel Unlimited. Marvel Unlimited doesn't include new releases, does it? I want something that gives me digital access day-and-date with their release in comic book stores. That may be unrealistic, but the heart wants what it wants.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:41 AM   #47
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

That's correct, new releases take like a year to hit Marvel Unlimited. But I'm usually behind and want to read older stuff anyway, so it would work for me.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:44 AM   #48
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

Jesus, **** everything about that. That's a big opportunity for DC to make a splash then. Say it's $20 a month for the streaming service/comic subscription. I'd roll with that, and a realistic price might even be lower than that. They need to make money off this thing to justify these shows and their fancy Robin costumes, so you tack on digital comic access, and you can raise the price over the standard $9.99 for streaming services. DO IT WB, FOR **** SAKES.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:46 AM   #49
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I would pay that.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:46 AM   #50
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Well hey, if this Metropolis thing struggles to get off the ground, they can always just hire Tyler Hoechlin to play Superman in S2 and make it a Supergirl prequel, lol.
I'd watch the hell out of this. Especially with a well cast Lois.