The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 02-12-2018, 12:10 AM   #76
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

Default Re: Groundhog Lounge - Part 228

KRYPTON, as I said a page back or so, tonight was the season finale of Star Trek: Discovery. Now, I'm not going to get into my usual spiel of threats against your life and the things you care most about, but I am going to implore you to watch the show, one final time.

Below is a screenshot from the final moment of the episode. It is a heavy spoiler, but if you decide to open it, know that you must then watch the rest.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Perfect Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:18 AM   #77
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Cell View Post
KRYPTON, as I said a page back or so, tonight was the season finale of Star Trek: Discovery. Now, I'm not going to get into my usual spiel of threats against your life and the things you care most about, but I am going to implore you to watch the show, one final time.

Below is a screenshot from the final moment of the episode. It is a heavy spoiler, but if you decide to open it, know that you must then watch the rest.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/The Road To Justice Part 4: History Of Batman Round Table Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:20 AM   #78
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

Perfect Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:25 AM   #79
Guts
My love for you

Is there anyone of the Hype with a friendship as close as this?

Speaking for myself; I have less love for Lord of the Rings lore than I do for Star Wars. LotR franchise to me is an allegory for white men fighting their crack addiction, nothing more.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:44 AM   #80
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Cell View Post

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/The Road To Justice Part 4: History Of Batman Round Table Discussion.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:48 AM   #81
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
Is there anyone of the Hype with a friendship as close as this?

By the way... We really got to keep an eye on India. Yeah, I know... We worried about Russia, we worried about Japan, we worry about China, we worry about Russia again... but India is laying low I tell you and any country that is imagining THIS, is something to look out for: https://imgur.com/gallery/q0rye

Old 02-12-2018, 01:23 AM   #82
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

So now I know where George Miller got the idea for the guitar guy from Fury Road.

From an old 77 B level italian/German sexy horror film.

A completely naked vampire gal rides a horse and she has a giant crucifix guitar...wait for it...that also shoots out fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think I've solved the mystery of how BN ended up in hell...
Black Narcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:23 AM   #83
Reek
_________

Default Re: T'Challounge

uh... this title... uh...

its as bad as aziz's civil lounge war or whatever... can barely even read the damn thing...

I sense this was CC

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:25 AM   #84
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza

Edit

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:48 AM   #85
Reek
_________

but why?!!?!?

Old 02-12-2018, 04:26 AM   #86
Reek
_________

Bah! Black panther is the best movie of all time! Bah! I have never seen it! Bah! Perfect soundtrack! Just amazing! Makes me want to bah bah bah! Right into a pi! Bahhhhhhh!

Bahhhhhhhhhh

Bah Bah Bah Bah Barbra Anne

Old 02-12-2018, 04:28 AM   #87
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Bah! Black panther is the best movie of all time! Bah! I have never seen it! Bah! Perfect soundtrack! Just amazing! Makes me want to bah bah bah! Right into a pi! Bahhhhhhh!

Bahhhhhhhhhh

That song would have improved the soundtrack.

Aziz
Greens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:31 AM   #88
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
So now I know where George Miller got the idea for the guitar guy from Fury Road.

From an old 77 B level italian/German sexy horror film.

A completely naked vampire gal rides a horse and she has a giant crucifix guitar...wait for it...that also shoots out fire.
Hmm... Didn't KISS do that in concert as well around that time? I thought Ace Frehley did a bit with either fire or fire works shooting from his guitar? Never was much of a KISS guy so could be I'm wrong.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:33 AM   #89
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

Bahhhhhhhhhh

Have the reviews been that positive? I've been staying away from the BP threads to not get too spoiled and haven't read anything yet in terms of critics.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:34 AM   #90
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Hmm... Didn't KISS do that in concert as well around that time? I thought Ace Frehley did a bit with either fire or fire works shooting from his guitar? Never was much of a KISS guy so could be I'm wrong.
I'm a KISS guy, and Ace never shot fire from his guitar in the 70's, but smoke came from the pick-ups during his big solo.

It wasn't until the 90's that he shot fireworks from his guitar.

Aziz
Old 02-12-2018, 04:36 AM   #91
Reek
_________

Quote:
Have the reviews been that positive? I've been staying away from the BP threads to not get too spoiled and haven't read anything yet in terms of critics.
Lol like I ****ing know.

Boo! *runs away*

Old 02-12-2018, 04:40 AM   #92
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's Certified Fresh at 97% on RT.com and WOM seems to be that it's in the top 5 of the MCU.

And possibly cures cancer and heals the blind.

On a serious note, supposedly the villain isn't the typical one note MCU type and the film has good character development and breaks from the MCU mold.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):

Last edited by Marvolo; 02-12-2018 at 04:47 AM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:42 AM   #93
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
It's at 97% on RT.com and WOM seems to be that it's in the top 5 of the MCU.

I've heard there's a confirmed case of it curing hemorrhoids.

Aziz
Old 02-12-2018, 05:00 AM   #94
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
I'm a KISS guy, and Ace never shot fire from his guitar in the 70's, but smoke came from the pick-ups during his big solo.

It wasn't until the 90's that he shot fireworks from his guitar.
Ah... thanks for the correction. I thought there was some interview where I remember Ace talking about shooting fireworks from his guitar at some point that I had seen.

Quote:
It's Certified Fresh at 97% on RT.com and WOM seems to be that it's in the top 5 of the MCU.

On a serious note, supposedly the villain isn't the typical one note MCU type and the film has good character development and breaks from the MCU mold.
Quote:
I've heard there's a confirmed case of it curing hemorrhoids.

I hope it can live up to that hype. That said... At this point among the fanboy set every ****ing Marvel release is "the greatest ever" and... I don't know if they have even a 50/50 split between "okay/mediocre" and "good/great" movies for me anymore. Every time one gets dropped the masses flock and I go and it's never terrible but more and more outside of a handful of their releases I'm getting diminishing returns for my own part. I'll stop now to spare the Lounge the usual fanboy rage wars.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:03 AM   #95
Reek
_________

I heard it was no where near the gotg soundtracks

Old 02-12-2018, 05:12 AM   #96
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
I hope it can live up to that hype. That said... At this point among the fanboy set every ****ing Marvel release is "the greatest ever" and... I don't know if they have even a 50/50 split between "okay/mediocre" and "good/great" movies for me anymore. Every time one gets dropped the masses flock and I go and it's never terrible but more and more outside of a handful of their releases I'm getting diminishing returns for my own part. I'll stop now to spare the Lounge the usual fanboy rage wars.
One Hypester said that the villain may be as good as Heath Ledger's Joker... yeah, keep dreaming.

Aziz
Old 02-12-2018, 05:23 AM   #97
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
uh... this title... uh...

its as bad as Aziz's civil lounge war or whatever...
Nothing wrong with that lounge title.

Quote:
It will drop down to 93%, cause nothing stays that high.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #98
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:

Bahhhhhhhhhh

Somebody hasn't been taking their meds.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #99
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
One Hypester said that the villain may be as good as Heath Ledger's Joker... yeah, keep dreaming.
I've yet to see a villain top Heath's Joker. That role was Oscar worthy.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #100
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

Melatonin is a hell of a drug.

Well, hormone to help you sleep but some of the dreams I get are weird as ****. No wonder I don't watch movies much anymore.

Last night I had a dream about a guy who had trouble flying but found a partially built apartment complex which housed a device to travel to another timeline. The surprise was that there was one there, not that such a thing existed. He traveled there with a group like it was a bus trip to another country and wound up wandering around with a couple of them. Some of the lower class people had tumors that made their hands all thick and solid like wood and the money was blue and had some round-faced baby man on it. Eventually they ran into an old man carrying Excalibur and a cat that enjoyed eating Passion Flakie snacks.

I woke up about ten minutes ago and still not sure what to make of the dream. Kinda fun though. I don't get crazy dreams like that often but they're pretty fun since they've so vivid.

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote