The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 01-08-2015, 08:13 AM   #851
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Stark isnt Batman.

Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #852
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
That's what I'm getting at though. The dagger with Thor's blood on it was left on the balcony there... completely possible that Stark kept that for future use... cause you know.. he prepares for everything.
yeah I can see that. Tho a few of us also think the Scene where they're all in Stark tower during the trailer is where Tony might get a hair off a couch like in the comics too.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #853
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Stark isnt Batman.
but he is a futurist. Look at all the armor he created with different tasks after Avengers.

....to every King.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:13 AM   #854
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

So, Walt Simonson got back to me on Facebook and here's what he said about the names:

Malekith's name was inspired by a name in some British/Celtic tales about a little girl name Malekin. I liked the 'Mal' for its association with the idea of 'ill' or 'bad'. And 'kith' suggested a sort of relationship. An evil friend. I'm not sure about Algrim. 'Grim', of course, is pretty clear, but I don't have any memory of being inspired for that name from another source. It's possible, but that's all I can say about it.

Best/Walter

So there we have it!

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:47 AM   #855
seahammer
Asgardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
So, Walt Simonson got back to me on Facebook and here's what he said about the names:

Malekith's name was inspired by a name in some British/Celtic tales about a little girl name Malekin. I liked the 'Mal' for its association with the idea of 'ill' or 'bad'. And 'kith' suggested a sort of relationship. An evil friend. I'm not sure about Algrim. 'Grim', of course, is pretty clear, but I don't have any memory of being inspired for that name from another source. It's possible, but that's all I can say about it.

Best/Walter

So there we have it!
Sweet! It's awesome that he got back to you, and amazing that we live in an age where authors and artists are so accessible (not to mention that he is kind enough to take the time out to interact with and appreciate his fans).

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch or how I would use Beta Ray Bill in the MCU

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch or my Son of Asgard flashback style Netflix pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:26 PM   #856
sabetoonth

I know, I was so excited I started freaking out and I might have had a panic attack on my couch. I think I said "OHMYGOD" about a thousand times under my breath lol.
I thought about sending back what I found but I was so excited I forgot lol

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 01-11-2015, 09:12 PM   #857
Barchiel
Banned User

Th Cool Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Here's a cool 'Thor: The Dark World' music video using Placebo's "Running Up That Hill".

http://vimeo.com/itsbarry

Last edited by Barchiel; 01-12-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Barchiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:50 PM   #858
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

SEE? Walt's a pretty Cool guy! Great info!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post

Best/Walter

So there we have it!

....to every King.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:11 PM   #859
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Whenever I read Jason Aaron's current run on the Thor comic and I relish in what a malevolent delight of a character Malekith is there, it disappoints me anew that he never came to life in this way in the film.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:25 AM   #860
seahammer
Asgardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Whenever I read Jason Aaron's current run on the Thor comic and I relish in what a malevolent delight of a character Malekith is there, it disappoints me anew that he never came to life in this way in the film.
I fail to understand why Malekith was their choice for the villain in the first place. What Aaron is doing with him right now is the first in depth development the character has gotten since Simonson (who invented him). I always thought of Malekith as a 'meh' villain to begin with. When he was announced as the villain in "The Dark World," I knew that they wouldn't really be drawing anything from the comics because Malekith's only big story involved The Casket of Ancient Winters, which had been used in the first film.

Truthfully, (IMO) they used him better in T:TDW than I expected, because there wasn't much to work with to begin with. That said, I wish they hadn't cut out some of his screentime to give to Loki (or Darcy), because at least it could have fleshed him out a bit more. I don't think Ronan had much more screentime in GOTG, but he did get a couple key scenes to flesh him out. Malekith needed that.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch or how I would use Beta Ray Bill in the MCU

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch or my Son of Asgard flashback style Netflix pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #861
dax
Side-Kick

I have a question concerning the ending.

I've just watched Thor: The Dark World for the first time and we've all seen Loki masqurading as Odin as he was talking to Thor. Does anyone know what happened to the real Odin?

dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:25 PM   #862
sabetoonth

We don't really know anythig for sure. I think somewhere someone said somethig about him being dead? And IIRC the game has a scene with Loki putting him to magical sleep?

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 02-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #863
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax View Post

I've just watched Thor: The Dark World for the first time and we've all seen Loki masqurading as Odin as he was talking to Thor. Does anyone know what happened to the real Odin?
Just the writers of Thor 3

Old 02-08-2015, 03:43 PM   #864
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax View Post

The 'word of god' on the matter (aka: Feige) is "We have very good ideas whether the All-Father is with us or not." and he's left it at that. So his fate (for the time being) is left ambiguous on purpose.

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #865
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Basically, nobody really knows where Odin is except those writing the films lol

....to every King.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #866
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Not ashamed to say I just rewatched it a bit ago and still enjoyed this movie.

My MCU Movie Grades: Iron Man=A+, The Incredible Hulk=C, Iron Man 2=B-, Thor=B, Captain America: The First Avenger=B, The Avengers=A, Iron Man 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America: The Winter Soldier=A, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers: Age of Ultron=B+
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:32 PM   #867
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
Why would you be ashamed?
The second half of this film really elevates the mediocre first half.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:59 AM   #868
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
Ashamed,why?Most people at least liked this movie,I enjoy it a lot. It's not like you were talking about Ghost Rider 2 XD.

First Avenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:57 PM   #869
A Necessary Evil
Devil of Hell's Kitchen

Thor 2 isn't bad, it's just very sub-par.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:54 AM   #870
Sian
Side-Kick

I have been reading two excellent fanfiction stories on fanfiction.com. Both are by a writer with the pen name Ione, 'World Under Siege' and 'Branches of Yggdrasil.' The first is a 'what if' take on what might have happened if Loki had won the Battle of New York, the other is an alternative take on the Dark World. And the most memorable thing about both of them is the depication of Jane Foster, who comes across as strong, brave and most of all interesting. Ione uses the 'aether possession' to do amazing things with Foster's character transforming her from generic damsel in distress to admirable heroine.

Perhaps Marvel should have looked to the fanfiction writers instead of the so called 'professionals' when seeking a script - they certainly needed inspiration from somewhere.

Sian is offline   Reply With Quote