The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 09-11-2017, 10:00 PM   #176
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Default Re: Russia Positioning for Major Conflict

The Daily Beast - Exclusive: Russia Used Facebook Events to Organize Anti-Immigrant Rallies on U.S. Soil

http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusi...ies-on-us-soil

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:02 PM   #177
Sithborg
The new ewoks

Also, Trump seems to be trying to sideline the Magnitsky Act.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:06 PM   #178
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Russian politician says on live TV that Russia stole U.S. presidency

Well damn, not even trying to hide it. Gonna post in the Trump thread as well since this one gets less traction and that's pretty big news.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #179
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

I think the ony ones denying Russia stole the election at this point are the apolitical and red hats.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #180
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I think the ony ones denying Russia stole the election at this point are the apolitical and red hats.
Stole the election or not, it's not Russia's fault we have so many gullable masses who believe in reactionary pieces, near-tribal political loyalty, and don't have the ability to critically think about what's important.

That's a reflection of our own fickle populace.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:06 AM   #181
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Very smart people always knew the masses can be easily manipulated.

The only question is manipulated for what purpose.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:30 AM   #182
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum

Russia has been trying to influence the US population for decades. Thats no surprise. Social media just made it a lot easier for them.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39419560

Hobgoblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:23 PM   #183
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

CNN - Facebook handed Russia-linked ads over to Mueller under search warrant

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/15/medi...ads/index.html

Old 09-27-2017, 04:39 PM   #184
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

The Daily Beast - Exclusive: Russians Impersonated Real American Muslims to Stir Chaos on Facebook and Instagram

Quote:
The Facebook group United Muslims of America was neither united, Muslim, nor American.
Instead, sources familiar with the group tell The Daily Beast, it was an imposter account on the world’s largest social network that’s been traced back to the Russian government.

Using the account as a front to reach American Muslims and their allies, the Russians pushed memes that claimed Hillary Clinton admitted the U.S. “created, funded and armed” al-Qaeda and the so-called Islamic State; claimed that John McCain was ISIS’ true founder; whitewashed blood-drenched dictator Moammar Gadhafi and praised him for not having a “Rothschild-owned central bank”; and falsely alleged Osama bin Laden was a “CIA agent.”

Sources confirmed that the imposter account bought Facebook advertisements to reach its target audience. It promoted political rallies aimed at Muslim audiences. And it used the Twitter account “muslims_in_usa” and the Instagram account “muslim_voice” to pass along inflammatory memes under cover of the UMA. The Twitter account has been suspended, and the account on Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, was shuttered at around the same time as the Facebook page.

The Kremlin-backed trolls did all this while simultaneously using other accounts to hawk virulently Islamophobic messages to right-wing audiences on Facebook, such as an August 2016 Twin Falls, Idaho rally demanding, “We must stop taking in Muslim refugees!” Taken together, the newest revelation of Russian propaganda on Facebook shows the sophistication of the Russian “active measures” campaign to influence the U.S. voting public.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusi...-and-instagram

NY Times - Twitter, With Accounts Linked to Russia, to Face Congress Over Role in Election

https://nytimes.com/2017/09/27/techn...-election.html

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 09-27-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:13 AM   #185
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

well i see plenty of those who smear everyone who didn't support clinton 100% during primary and general as russian agents or traiters are here.what is next rounding up everyone besides hilary voters into internment camps.

well dems are 100% now what gop was during the cold war.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:23 AM   #186
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
well i see plenty of those who smear everyone who didn't support clinton 100% during primary and general as russian agents or traiters are here.what is next rounding up everyone besides hilary voters into internment camps.

Ahh good to see folks with no grip on reality when confronted with verifiable facts still pop by from time to time. Make sure to PM me your crybaby face when you're orange dumpster fire of a president gets impeached.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #187
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:

So the Soviet Union wasn't a global threat?

Also, no one is saying everyone who voted for Trump is a Russian agent but many are passively or actively helping Putin.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/204191/p...publicans.aspx

Old 09-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #188
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:

Also, no one is saying everyone who voted for Trump is a Russian agent but many are passively or actively helping Putin.

What's even funnier is absolutely nobody is making the strawman argument MR posted. We have mountains of evidence including the US Government acknowledging Russia interfered with the election.

Everyone that voted in our election were US citizens, many of who were voters that based their vote for Trump on faulty info aka "fake news" orchestrated masterfully by Russia through SEO and great use of social media.

This is why the GOP has the lowest approval rating in their history and Trump is gunning for lowest approval of a sitting president ever.

But sure, let's just go along with everyone who doesn't support Hillary is a secret Russian double agent because that makes tons of sense.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:31 PM   #189
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

(Liberal TV show host explains using news stories as evidence)

Buzzfeed - This Russian Hacker Says His Twitter Bots Are Spreading Messages To Help Germany’s Far Right Party In The Election

https://www.buzzfeed.com/henkvaness/...r-bots-to-help

And it worked.

Quote:
The nationalist Alternative fur Deutschland (AfD) party won 93 seats in parliament, the first time a far-right party has entered the Bundestag in almost six decades
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7968681.html

Old 09-28-2017, 01:00 PM   #190
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
Ahh good to see folks with no grip on reality when confronted with verifiable facts still pop by from time to time. Make sure to PM me your crybaby face when you're orange dumpster fire of a president gets impeached.
what makes you think i am supporter of trump.

but in your world anyone rathe rit be bernie sanders supporter or trump supporter or green or anyone not hilarist is russian agent or traiter.

dems ar enow actully what republicans were doing the cold war smearing everyone as enemy.back then it was kremlin now it's putin.

if they could get trump out pence would be even worse.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:03 PM   #191
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

yes that is attacking anyone who was against hilary in primary or general as agent of russia.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #192
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
What's even funnier is absolutely nobody is making the strawman argument MR posted. We have mountains of evidence including the US Government acknowledging Russia interfered with the election.

Everyone that voted in our election were US citizens, many of who were voters that based their vote for Trump on faulty info aka "fake news" orchestrated masterfully by Russia through SEO and great use of social media.

This is why the GOP has the lowest approval rating in their history and Trump is gunning for lowest approval of a sitting president ever.

But sure, let's just go along with everyone who doesn't support Hillary is a secret Russian double agent because that makes tons of sense.
the same people who said weapons of mass destrucon were in iraq now say
incomptent evil trump in collusion with russia.

and of course attacking twitter and facebook but not fox news-propganda network of gop CNN-Clinton news network and msnbc-comcast corporate network should be trusted when all there were trump 24/7 till ge and then he was evil according to cnn and MSNBC.

This past year just showed me how stupid i was voting dems for years and even donating money to them.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:20 PM   #193
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

Except the intelligence community never said there were WMDs in Iraq; Bush's administration claimed that their reports did.

DJ Kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #194
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

This is way bigger than Hillary Clinton. Geezus. Russia is messing with everyone else. And they're still doing it long after Hillary Clinton is gone or irrelevant in the other countries that they're tampering with.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #195
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Reuters - Russian hacker wanted by U.S. tells court he worked for Putin's party

Quote:
MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian hacker arrested in Spain on a U.S. warrant said on Thursday he previously worked for President Vladimir Putin’s United Russia party and feared he would be tortured and killed if extradited, RIA news agency reported.

Peter Levashov was arrested while on holiday in Barcelona in April. U.S. prosecutors later charged him with hacking offences, accusing him of operating a network of tens of thousands of infected computers used by cyber criminals.

He told a court in Madrid on Thursday that he had worked for the United Russia party for the last 10 years.

“I collected different information about opposition parties and delivered it to the necessary people at the necessary time,” RIA quoted him as saying.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN1C32EP

Old 09-28-2017, 02:55 PM   #196
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:
what makes you think i am supporter of trump.

but in your world anyone rathe rit be bernie sanders supporter or trump supporter or green or anyone not hilarist is russian agent or traiter.

dems ar enow actully what republicans were doing the cold war smearing everyone as enemy.back then it was kremlin now it's putin.

if they could get trump out pence would be even worse.
Did you have a stroke while typing out this nonsense? I'm not even going bother quoting the other 2 posts because they are about the same level of coherence.

Stroke would explain your grasp on the political process too, so maybe you should just stick with that as you clearly are not fit to swim in the deep end with the adults on political topics.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:21 AM   #197
Fading
>:(

How sad is it that Russia understands American politics better than most Americans. They absolutely played the right. A few anti-Muslim posts, and fake Muslim accounts to stir the pot. Some anti-Hillary, "lock her up" accounts. Helping a republican candidate at this point in time, when republicans are in party over country mode. Hell, they even organized various events, including white nationalist rallies, all while setting at some desk in Russia.

Even now, with all the evidence, with most of our government saying, "yes Russia DID interfere". We still see " nothing burger, hoax" comments purely because Trump calls it a hoax. Some republicans have even come out saying somethings there (it took them forever), but because Trump still says it's fake...it's fake...

Last edited by Fading; 09-30-2017 at 01:30 AM.
Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:26 AM   #198
Fading
>:(

My other worry is history will repeat. It took the Trump administration all this time to finally tell 20 something states that they were indeed messed with by Russia. They apparently had the info on which specific states were hit, for months. I'm sure they probably have more info, but haven't released it as it goes against Trump's fake news narrative.

If they would give the info out sooner than later, and all relevant parts, we could strengthen our security for mid terms. Yet, again, doing so means Trump has to admit the Russian stuff isn't a hoax. So he's putting his own personal best interest above country.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:32 AM   #199
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

The Washington Post - Russians took a page from corporate America by using Facebook tool to ID and influence voters

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO — Russian operatives set up an array of misleading Web sites and social media pages to identify American voters susceptible to propaganda, then used a powerful Facebook tool to repeatedly send them messages designed to influence their political behavior, say people familiar with the investigation into foreign meddling in the U.S. election.

The tactic resembles what American businesses and political campaigns have been doing in recent years to deliver messages to potentially interested people online. The Russians exploited this system by creating English-language sites and Facebook pages that closely mimicked those created by U.S. political activists.

The Web sites and Facebook pages displayed ads or other messages focused on such hot-button issues as illegal immigration, African American political activism and the rising prominence of Muslims in the United States. The Russian operatives then used a Facebook “retargeting” tool, called Custom Audiences, to send specific ads and messages to voters who had visited those sites, say people familiar with the investigation who spoke on the condition of anonymity to share details from an ongoing investigation.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...e5d_story.html

Old 10-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #200
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

Putin won, Jesus. I hope Mueller goes down hard on the case, but I do feel a little bit "unrelaxed" about the whole thing. It's just so sad.

fancyarcher is offline   Reply With Quote