The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Defenders

Old 09-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #701
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Defenders FULL SEASON ONE Discussion Thread (NO SPOILER TAGS NECESSARY!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcreif View Post
I would blame Scott Buck
Safe strategy

Old 09-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #702
Random490
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Defenders FULL SEASON ONE Discussion Thread (NO SPOILER TAGS NECESSARY!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I did note that Claire didn't feel like the bridge between characters we were expecting. Instead, she felt like a Luke Cage supporting character. It makes me wonder if that's her role in the future.
Exactly, really down played her contributions and undercut her as the figure tying all four together.

Quote:
Considering that Claire won't be in The Punisher (according to interviews the showrunners tried to find a way to fit Claire in organically, and they couldn't), that seems like it.

I've had this theory that Karen probably will be taking over as crossover character since she's coming over from Daredevil as well to be on The Punisher, and there's seeds for her to make possible appearances on Jessica Jones season 2 with the new bond she's formed with Trish.
I don't think there'll be just one character in every series anymore. Now that the event of them meeting is over, who pops up and where will be completely open.
Quote:
The argument fell flat for me in a different way: because Cole wasn't financially desperate and he wasn't being roughed up in the midst of committing some very minor petty crime, he was caught in the midst of destroying dead bodies.
I didn't mind the scene or the idea. I like how it gives Danny an new insight about how to proceed. We've seen the "interrogation small fish to get to the big fish" play out a lot. So to go right to the top was refreshing. The problem was Cole's character gain no sympathy, you got a little bit in his last scene but not enough. So you never feel bad for him because he made his own decision. If they wrote him as someone who was scared, remorseful, and had no choice then it would have worked. But it seemed pretty obvious that he signed up knowing what he was getting into.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:18 PM   #703
KevTravels
Side-Kick

It'd have been great if we got a scene where Claire at least mentioned to both Luke and Danny (when they had the pow wow) that she knew another hero (alluding to DD) that she once helped.

It'd have been useful and made sense.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:43 AM   #704
KevTravels
Side-Kick

so is it easy to assume the eariest we might see season 2 would be summer 2019?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:39 AM   #705
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
so is it easy to assume the eariest we might see season 2 would be summer 2019?
Likely. Depends on what the negotiations go like and what the actors' shooting schedules are like.

dmcreif is offline   Reply With Quote