The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: When do you think the Supreme Court will take up marriage equality?
Six months 5 20.83%
One year 5 20.83%
Two years 8 33.33%
More than two years 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2016, 10:08 PM   #76
summerteeth
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XVI - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
what the ****
Good, I don't think you realize how much trans people are discriminated against in the workplace.

summerteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:17 PM   #77
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Georgia pastor who tweeted Orlando victims "got what they deserved" arrested for child molestation

http://http://instinctmagazine.com/post/pastor-who-said-pulse-victims-got-what-they-deserved-arrested-child-molestation

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:20 PM   #78
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Well, that was to be expected.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:26 PM   #79
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerteeth View Post
God, I don't think you realize how much trans people are discriminated against in the workplace.
Just like with a 3rd "neutral" bathroom, this regulation is making a big joke out of that discrimination.
Most transpeople prefer to be identified as man/woman.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:01 AM   #80
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Georgia pastor who tweeted Orlando victims "got what they deserved" arrested for child molestation

http://http://instinctmagazine.com/post/pastor-who-said-pulse-victims-got-what-they-deserved-arrested-child-molestation
Gosh, it's almost like all of these hateful a**holes are just projecting their bulls*** on a group/groups of people they don't like.

Could that be???

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:06 AM   #81
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Quote:
Just like with a 3rd "neutral" bathroom, this regulation is making a big joke out of that discrimination.
Most transpeople prefer to be identified as man/woman.
This legislation isn't just for trans people, though it certainly helps protect their rights.
Quote:

Homophobes keep really good company

Last edited by Mad Ones; 08-27-2016 at 04:12 AM.
Mad Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:22 AM   #82
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm shocked.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:32 AM   #83
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I'm shocked.
There was also gambling in this establishment.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:36 AM   #84
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Orlando Hospitals Won't Bill Pulse Nightclub Massacre Victims

Quote:
Survivors of the Pulse nightclub massacre who were treated at two Orlando hospitals will not be billed for their medical care, the facilities announced Wednesday.

Orlando Health, a health care network that includes Orlando Regional Medical Center, said in a statement to ABC News, "Orlando Health has not sent any hospital or medical bills directly to Pulse patients, and we don’t intend to pursue reimbursement of medical costs from them."

Orlando Regional Hospital treated 44 patients of the June 12 terrorist attack, during which gunman Omar Mateen slaughtered 49 people at Pulse, one of Orlando's most popular LGBT venues.

Orlando Health said it is "exploring numerous options to help the victims of the Pulse nightclub tragedy address immediate and ongoing medical costs. These include state and federal funds, private insurance, victim funds like the One Orlando fund, disability insurance, Florida’s crime victim compensation program, funding sources established for individual victims, means-tested programs like Medicaid, as well as charity care provided by Orlando Health."

The not-for-profit health care network said total unreimbursed costs "could exceed $5 million."

Florida Hospital, part of the Florida Hospital Healthcare system, treated 12 survivors of the attack. It also said it will not be billing for services, according to ABC Orlando affiliate WFTV.

"It was incredible to see how our community came together in the wake of the senseless Pulse shooting," the hospital’s CEO, Daryl Tol, said in a statement. "We hope this gesture can add to the heart and goodwill that defines Orlando."

Pulse massacre survivor Mario Lopez, 34, who was grazed by a bullet and had bullet fragments in his left side, told The Orlando Sentinel he welcomes the announcement, since he is uninsured. "I was so worried because I can't afford any of that," he told the newspaper, which reported that his seven-hour hospital visit left him with a potential $20,000 bill. "It's a huge relief."

https://gma.yahoo.com/orlando-hospit...opstories.html

Old 08-27-2016, 04:30 AM   #85
teamx123
Banned User

I know a gay guy on Facebook who's been all aboard the Trump train and just picspammed 25 pictured of himself volunteering at the RNC.

Now that's hard to wrap my head around.

teamx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:02 AM   #86
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I know a gay guy on Facebook who's been all aboard the Trump train and just picspammed 25 pictured of himself volunteering at the RNC.

Now that's hard to wrap my head around.
Did you just copy my post?

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:06 AM   #87
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
This legislation isn't just for trans people, though it certainly helps protect their rights.
Why must a business be fined up to $250,000 and any other reparations if it doesn't care to acknowledge all 31+ gender identities that the individual needs not show a lick of proof for?

Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 08-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #88
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
In the last year I have found a dozen or so cases of this. A new poster will show up, and in various threads copy and paste something said by someone else earlier in the thread. I figure they are some kind of spammer messing it up. In any case I ban them.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #89
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why must a business be fined up to $250,000 and any other reparations if it doesn't care to acknowledge all 31+ gender identities that the individual needs not show a lick of proof for?
Hey, I work part time at a grocery store. I'm customer service/cashier, but sometimes help out with the stock clerks. The customer service area tends to have lots of BS and drama, and I'd rather work with grocery, since it's less BS. I have tried many times, and the managers just ignored me. I finally went to the grocery manager, and asked why can't he just recommend me to grocery. He's always asking me to help out anyways, because he knows I'm a good worker. He gives me this crap that technically, grocery is mostly for men, and unless I'm being hired to do health and beauty, the work isn't meant for women. I called BS on this, because I am very strong for a woman, and can do just as much work as the men can. I'm thinking of going to HR and filing a sexual discrimination case. Think I have something here?

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:27 PM   #90
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I've been horrified at how people still react to AIDS and HIV in the media. Even these days people think it's some sort of supernatural power cursing people for enjoying sex too much. Even when they aren't religious.

It makes me sick. Anyone who knows LGBTIQ history or even a sense of decency should know how wrong judging HIV + people is
But, how else do you explain most of those that got the disease were because they are having sex with multiple people, or, a person got it from their boyfriend/girlfriend who was cheating on them with multiple people.

While I don't see it as a curse, it's just common sense that you are risking yourself by having sex with multiple people, and doing drugs with used needles. There is a reason why such activities are shunned, it's dirty, immoral to a degree, and just breeds disrespect to yourself and to others. If you don't treat your body like the temple it was meant to be, what do you think is going to happen? And unfortunately, some innocent people, like those getting blood transfusions and babies being born to HIV infected mothers, tend to become victims in this awful disease that can be prevented, if people would just take responsibiltity and respect for themselves and not give into temptations...... It's just as bad as heart disease, which is often connected to poor diets and life styles. Do things in moderation and take care of yourself properly, and you slash the percentage of yourself getting the disease by a huge margin.

Last edited by warhorse78; 08-27-2016 at 02:38 PM.
warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:13 PM   #91
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
It costs a company nothing to acknowledge and respect it's employees and customers. If the business doesn't have the decency to treat people with respect and doesn't have the decency to protect their employees from maltreatment and doesn't have the care to respect their customers they deserve to be punished for it.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #92
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
The same reason a business would have to if they did this on a religious or race basis. Because it is still in fact illegal to discriminate in the US, no matter what Trump says. If there was no actual punishment for such actions, what would prevent a business from such discrimination?

Old 08-27-2016, 10:39 PM   #93
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
Well to your point: I have the most flamboyantly gay cousin. He's into drag and all that. He does parades...yada yada. He's a huge Tea Party/Trump supporter. It's crazy. Other than being gay, he's a die hard righty.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:52 PM   #94
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Hey, I work part time at a grocery store. I'm customer service/cashier, but sometimes help out with the stock clerks. The customer service area tends to have lots of BS and drama, and I'd rather work with grocery, since it's less BS. I have tried many times, and the managers just ignored me. I finally went to the grocery manager, and asked why can't he just recommend me to grocery. He's always asking me to help out anyways, because he knows I'm a good worker. He gives me this crap that technically, grocery is mostly for men, and unless I'm being hired to do health and beauty, the work isn't meant for women. I called BS on this, because I am very strong for a woman, and can do just as much work as the men can. I'm thinking of going to HR and filing a sexual discrimination case. Think I have something here?
Of course.
For everything else move to NYC and come find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
It costs a company nothing to acknowledge and respect its employees and customers. If the business doesn't have the decency to treat people with respect and doesn't have the decency to protect their employees from maltreatment and doesn't have the care to respect their customers they deserve to be punished for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The same reason a business would have to if they did this on a religious or race basis. Because it is still in fact illegal to discriminate in the US, no matter what Trump says. If there was no actual punishment for such actions, what would prevent a business from such discrimination?
If an individual says he/she/it is this or that and a business could care less "does not care to acknowledge" while treating their service & business transaction no different than anyone else's, what exactly is the issue here?
That has been protected by local and federal law regardless of all this extra BS identity crisis being pushed by this specific of a regulation.
I had to keep checking that this wasn't an onion piece.

Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 08-28-2016, 12:06 AM   #95
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
If an individual says he/she/it is this or that and a business could care less "does not care to acknowledge" while treating their service & business transaction no different than anyone else's, what exactly is the issue here?
That has been protected by local and federal law regardless of all this extra BS identity crisis being pushed by this specific of a regulation.
Did you read what you posted? It is a question of discrimination. If someone identifies themselves by an gender identity, all it ask is to respect that and not discriminate based on it. What is complicated about that? If it is a "normal business transaction" there would be no problem.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:22 AM   #96
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Did you read what you posted? It is a question of discrimination. If someone identifies themselves by an gender identity, all it ask is to respect that and not discriminate based on it. What is complicated about that? If it is a "normal business transaction" there would be no problem.
They can claim to be what ever gender. What a world we live in if proclaiming indifference to that ("I don't care"/"sure, whatever") and they'll still be treated no differently than any one else is considered discrimination.

Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 08-28-2016, 12:28 AM   #97
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
They can claim to be what ever gender. What a world we live in if proclaiming indifference to that ("I don't care"/"sure, whatever") and they'll still be treated no differently than any one else is considered discrimination.
Your problem is with people being allowed to identify how they choose. Why would you need to express indifference or anything? Why would you need to tell someone you don't care or whatever? Why would you need to do that?

Old 08-28-2016, 02:12 AM   #98
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But, how else do you explain most of those that got the disease were because they are having sex with multiple people, or, a person got it from their boyfriend/girlfriend who was cheating on them with multiple people.

While I don't see it as a curse, it's just common sense that you are risking yourself by having sex with multiple people, and doing drugs with used needles. There is a reason why such activities are shunned, it's dirty, immoral to a degree, and just breeds disrespect to yourself and to others. If you don't treat your body like the temple it was meant to be, what do you think is going to happen? And unfortunately, some innocent people, like those getting blood transfusions and babies being born to HIV infected mothers, tend to become victims in this awful disease that can be prevented, if people would just take responsibiltity and respect for themselves and not give into temptations...... It's just as bad as heart disease, which is often connected to poor diets and life styles. Do things in moderation and take care of yourself properly, and you slash the percentage of yourself getting the disease by a huge margin.
That's about the same logic as people saying "oh well don't want AIDS, don't choose to be gay then". It's a gross simplification of reality and people who are positive definitely don't deserve that stigma

Old 08-28-2016, 11:50 AM   #99
summerteeth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Of course.
For everything else move to NYC and come find out.

You are missing the point, this has to do with employer discrimination. It would be like telling someone who is Muslim they can't wear a head scarf because they don't acknowledge their religion and the dress code is such that people cannot wear headwear.

Again, I don't think you realize how difficult it is for trans people to get a job, they are constantly being discriminated against.

summerteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:41 PM   #100
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerteeth View Post
You are missing the point, this has to do with employer discrimination. It would be like telling someone who is Muslim they can't wear a head scarf because they don't acknowledge their religion and the dress code is such that people cannot wear headwear.
I thought I implied that. employer-employee = "business transaction"
Religious discrimination is a separate issue. However, if I go by your analogy, the equivalent would be needing to acknowledge head-toe garbs which imposes a more apparent risk, unfortunately.

Quote:
Again, I don't think you realize how difficult it is for trans people to get a job, they are constantly being discriminated against.
My point of contention has been that this goes beyond trans discrimination to an outlandish degree and comes across as exploitative.

Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder