The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Do you think the Republican Party needs to evolve and become more inclusive?
Yes 48 84.21%
No 6 10.53%
I'm not sure 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:37 PM   #101
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - Part 18

And my rep likes the bill. Because of some of the popular Obamacare provisions. And the expanded Health Savings Accounts. It really annoys me that they prop up these things as something that is actually viable as more than a tax shelter.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:44 PM   #102
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I think this is going to backfire in the long run once the Democrats start having CNN interview dying cancer patients. In the meantime, we're going to see the country get hit by a catastrophe. Thousands are going to die. A lot of people already can't get coverage because Republicans have stopped medicaid expansion.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:53 PM   #103
samsnee
Side-Kick

But hey, at least we stopped Hillary and her evil emails.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:07 AM   #104
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

What I find mind boggling are the Republicans who think this plan is not extreme enough. What do they want? Anarchy? People with plague dying in the streets?

It's not just despicable, it's just incompressible. Even the Communists and Nazis understood the need for healthcare.

Who votes for these people?

Old 03-08-2017, 12:16 AM   #105
Sithborg
About time Filoni

They worship at the altar of the allmighty Capitalistic Free Market.

People vote for them because they like to think they will be rich someday. Also, theocracy.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:50 AM   #106
Marvolo
Side-Kick

The people that want a more extreme version are just selfish. Pure and simple. They hate the idea that their tax dollars might be helping someone else. Especially someone that wasnt lucky enough to to born from an American vagina. They dont have a charitable compassionate bone in their bodies.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:58 AM   #107
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

Look, the idea is that 'Every man for himself', it's also every woman, child, cat, ect. for themselves and if you aren't able to pay for yourself and them then you deserve to get sick. As the kids say, "Get rich or die trying."

Old 03-08-2017, 02:22 AM   #108
SV Fan
Side-Kick

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...ottery-winners

Quote:
One Tenth of GOP Health Care Bill Deals With ... Lottery Winners

A reader emails to tell me something about the new Republican health care bill.Out of its 66 pages, a full tenth of them are devoted to...
...a new rule allowing states to deny Medicaid coverage to lottery winners.
Seriously. That's a tenth of the bill. This is part of the insane conservative preoccupation with making sure that no undeserving person ever gets away with anything. That's why they'll spend six solid pages on something that will probably affect about 0.01 percent of all Medicaid recipients. It's too bad they don't pay equal attention to all the deserving people their bill will hurt.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:34 AM   #109
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Those damn poors are trying to be rich.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:38 AM   #110
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Don't get me wrong it makes sense if somebody wins alot of money they don't get medicaid, but 6 out of 66 pages is devoted to this? Of all the issues that we have with our healthcare system do they truly feel this is the biggest problem we have that needs attention devoted to it?

By the way this is not surprising either

http://www.vox.com/identities/2017/3...ned-parenthood

Quote:
Republicans released a bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act on Monday evening. And as promised by House Speaker Paul Ryan, the bill also defunds Planned Parenthood.

There are many ways for federal lawmakers to “defund” Planned Parenthood, but this bill’s proposal is one of the most potentially devastating for the organization. It would bar Planned Parenthood from receiving hundreds of millions of dollars in federal Medicaid reimbursements — the majority of the organization’s federal funding.

In practice, defunding the organization takes money away from its mostly low-income patients, who might be forced to seek care elsewhere if the government stopped subsidizing their visits to Planned Parenthood. Low-income women will be hit especially hard, but all Planned Parenthood patients may be affected if clinics are forced to close as a result of budget cuts.

But the bill would actually go further. It threatens to dismantle the entire private insurance market for abortion coverage, not just public funding for abortion providers: If a woman wants a health insurance plan that will cover abortion, she (and possibly her employer) won’t be able to use tax credits to buy it under this bill.

And if this bill passes, there’s no guarantee that women will have any good options for private insurance coverage of abortion — a procedure that, out of pocket, can cost from $500, for an earlier abortion, to tens of thousands of dollars, for a later one.
So much for choice of doctor

Last edited by SV Fan; 03-08-2017 at 02:42 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:43 AM   #111
Iceman
Infinity War!

Aren't there quite a lot of Republican voters who would be affected by this too?

Old 03-08-2017, 02:47 AM   #112
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Aren't there quite a lot of Republican voters who would be affected by this too?
You mean the big money lottery winners on medicaid? I am guessing there is like 5-6 people a year this will effect

Old 03-08-2017, 02:50 AM   #113
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Trying to be rich and healthy.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 03-08-2017, 02:56 AM   #114
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
You mean the big money lottery winners on medicaid? I am guessing there is like 5-6 people a year this will effect
No sorry that wasn't a reply to the lottery thing, just thinking that a lot of Republican voters could also be losing healthcare as a result of these changes?

Old 03-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #115
Teelie
Bobpool, I paint trees

Quote:
That is the Republican mantra: **** the poor. They don't deserve it.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong it makes sense if somebody wins alot of money they don't get medicaid, but 6 out of 66 pages is devoted to this? Of all the issues that we have with our healthcare system do they truly feel this is the biggest problem we have that needs attention devoted to it?

By the way this is not surprising either

http://www.vox.com/identities/2017/3...ned-parenthood

So much for choice of doctor
Quote:
Yes but a lot of those who not rich enough are either ignorant or desperate enough to think somehow they will be exempt from the fallout of this horrendous plan.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #116
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
I don't see an issue here? Rich people shouldn't be getting free or subsidized anything.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:43 AM   #117
Orba
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I don't see an issue here? Rich people shouldn't be getting free or subsidized anything.
I don't think people have an issue with rich people not getting subsidized, its just the fact that they spent a tenth of the report on it (since its such a big issue for the country ).

Old 03-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #118
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Obamacare was over 10,000 pages. I think Democrats need to cool down over 6 pages.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #119
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Obamacare was over 10,000 pages. I think Democrats need to cool down over 6 pages.
And the Republicans too?

Also, the less pages, the more easy it is to spot the terrible stuff.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #120
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
Republicans in general (particularly those in power) have a hate for the poor. Everything they say and more importantly, do, is all about elminating the poor, and not by giving them oppurtunities to leave poverty through financial means. Without healthcare, without social programs, without help at all, the thinking goes they will die off and leave the rich to exist in peace away from the filth.
Darwinism at its finest.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #121
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Darwinism at its finest.
Can't call it that though. Evolution is just a theory.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #122
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

I agree the less convoluted the better but I think Democrats making a big deal out of this need to eat crow for applauding a 10,000 page monstrosity first. If Democrats want back power, they need to start choosing better battles. 6 pages on lottery winners isn't it. The point of 6 pages is not flawed logic to begin with so they are losing the battle before they even begin. The only people eating that up watch Olbermann and Maddow faithfully.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #123
Sithborg
About time Filoni

I assure you, that isn't the hill the Democrats are going to die on with this bill.

Also, again, it isn't necessarily the Democrats that will be the biggest hurdle.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #124
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Quote:
I particularly like the the $250000 tax break for Insurance CEOs. Nothing like a little old fashioned bribery.
I saw someone from the GOP questioned about that on TV, I think it was on Chris Hayes' show, and the guy's response was kinda incredible. He made it seem like rich people were a persecuted minority that needed protecting or something, like they're the little guy that needs defending.

Juxtapose that with Chafetz saying people need to choose healthcare over owning a phone....and you wonder if now is when people on that side of the isle will worry about optics. Trump, for as all over ****ing map and everywhere he's been on most issues, has been pretty consistent about the healthcare issue. He made lofty promises, and got one step from saying he wanted single payer. Those are some of the promises that are choking the GOP right now.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:17 PM   #125
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:
That's what's hilarious, a huge swath of the people that will be hit hardest by this are Republicans that voted for it.