This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:43 PM   #3
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Default Re: Discussion: Racism - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellified View Post
its like complaining about how the remake of one movie, ghostbusters, with an all female cast is hurtful to men in general when the totality of hollywood is male centric.

This is how and why they HAVE TO conflate "becky with the good hair" as being as hurtful and racist as the n-word. It only shows they don't understand the history of what theyre talking about.
It's hard to believe it's because they can't comprehend the difference. The chances that it's all a calculated diversion is more likely.

At least with some of the "reverse racism is just as bad" crowd.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
hellified
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: Racism - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
It's hard to believe it's because they can't comprehend the difference. The chances that it's all a calculated diversion is more likely.

At least with some of the "reverse racism is just as bad" crowd.

you pretty much say the same thing and they refuse to hear it.

Thats why we keep hearing the same arguments that not all white owned slaves or practiced discrimination....but all whites BENEFIT from racism whether they practice it, believe in it or not. Just like as men we benefit from living in a patriarchal society thats gender biased against women..simply because we have a penis..doesn't matter that we don't practice sexism or believe women are lesser than..the system works for us regardless even if its things we're not denied or hurdles that aren't as high or we don't have to jump over.

Last edited by hellified; 07-03-2017 at 02:20 PM.
hellified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:20 PM   #5
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Default Re: Discussion: Racism - Part 3

Wrong. Nobody is saying that white racism and black racism are on the same level, but being racist against white people doesn't further the discourse one iota and it fuels white nationalism.

Aziz
Greens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:41 PM   #6
hellified
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
Wrong. Nobody is saying that white racism and black racism are on the same level, but being racist against white people doesn't further the discourse one iota and it fuels white nationalism.
nothing has to fuel white nationalism...and what exactly is black racism? How does it function and in what way have white people in america as a group been negatively affected by it than you can quantify with real numbers?

if you want to mention affirmative action thats not an example of black racism.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:45 PM   #7
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

What? With black racism I mean racism against white people by black people, as evidenced by that article about Emilia Clarke. If a writer spends an entire article smearing white people, how exactly do you expect people to react? Of course it fuels white nationalism because it propagate the us vs. them attitude.

Aziz
Old 07-03-2017, 03:04 PM   #8
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
But anytime a black person addresses white racism the spin doctors scream "reverse racism" from the roof tops.

It's almost like blacks are being conditioned to believe that apathy is the most effective way to derail white nationalism.

There are clear examples of black activism that are counterproductive but there's a huge gray area thanks to knee jerk reverse racism allegations.

Old 07-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #9
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
But anytime a black person addresses white racism the spin doctors scream "reverse racism" from the roof tops.

It's almost like blacks are being conditioned to believe that apathy is the most effective way to derail white nationalism.

There are clear examples of black activism that are counterproductive but there's a huge gray area thanks to knee jerk reverse racism allegations.
I don't think this is true, I don't know what else to say about it. I'm sure it happens sometimes but I doubt it's an epidemic. Black people are open to address racism and white people are open to address reverse racism (which is a weird term because racism is racism), and both groups are open to ignore each other. If your activism can be shut down by someone screaming "reverse racism" you're not being pervasive enough.

Aziz
Old 07-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #10
Laderlappen
Fat, drunk, and stupid

It's very extreme to advocate for one group by hating or defending hatred towards another group. We don't have to chose between supporting black people or supporting white people. Neither me, DeadPresident or anyone else here is defending racism towards black people. In fact we all condemn it. But you people are using social media to dehumanize white people and demand them to be an ally. Jesus Christ said "do to others as you would have them do to you". There are people of all identity groups that are victims. They could be victims or bigotry, bullying, abuse or they might just be unhappy. A true humanitarian would show compassion, not say "Oh you're white. There are people who have it worse. Take a hike".

Laderlappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:12 PM   #11
Sithborg
About time Filoni

"All lives matter" isn't exactly helpful when you are trying to discuss racism, though. It distracts from the issues.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:46 PM   #12
Laderlappen
Fat, drunk, and stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
"All lives matter" isn't exactly helpful when you are trying to discuss racism, though. It distracts from the issues.
I've always found the discussion about these terms to be very silly.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:46 PM   #13
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

I do think the All Lives Matter thing is an obtuse concept. Even if you disagree with the methods of Black Lives Matter it's not hard to understand what the basic tenet of that movement is. It's like countering "Save the Whales" groups with "Save all Animals!".

Aziz
Old 07-03-2017, 05:19 PM   #14
hellified
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laderlappen View Post
I've always found the discussion about these terms to be very silly.
Quote:
I do think the All Lives Matter thing is an obtuse concept. Even if you disagree with the methods of Black Lives Matter it's not hard to understand what the basic tenet of that movement is. It's like countering "Save the Whales" groups with "Save all Animals!".
the question that no one is asking is WHY would these people want to distract from the issue? Why have a semantics issue?

Old 07-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #15
Laderlappen
Fat, drunk, and stupid

Quote:
Agreed but also why care so much when someone says "all lives matter"?

Old 07-03-2017, 05:36 PM   #16
summerteeth
Side-Kick

Quote:
the question that no one is asking is WHY would these people want to distract from the issue? Why have a semantics issue?
Each person probably have their own reasons for why they might align themselves with it. My problem with either group is the inability to look at each incident on a case by case basis. Too often no matter what the facts are one side is wrong or right depending on which side you are on.

summerteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:05 PM   #17
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
I don't think this is true, I don't know what else to say about it. I'm sure it happens sometimes but I doubt it's an epidemic. Black people are open to address racism and white people are open to address reverse racism (which is a weird term because racism is racism), and both groups are open to ignore each other. If your activism can be shut down by someone screaming "reverse racism" you're not being pervasive enough.
Oh, my activism isn't getting shut down regardless so you don't have to worry.

And it is an epidemic. Deflection has become art for certain whites where all problems blacks have faced past and present are self-inflicted or warranted.

If whites are truly hurt by reverse racism or black racism then they do need an outlet but I've noticed in most cases it's less about expressing a painful trauma and more about neutralizing or overshadowing black allegations of racism.

It's like the Trump situation: there are rare cases where most people can agree that something is counter-productive like the Kathy Griffin photo but most of the time when Liberals complain about Trump, the opposition starts using endless "but Obama did this" and "But Hillary did that". This is just deflection and neutralization instead of addressing a graver problem.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #18
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Agreed but also why care so much when someone says "all lives matter"?
Because we don't hear All Lives Matter when Philando Castile's killer walks.

The slogan is mainly used to silence BLM who do have valid complaints from time to time.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #19
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
It's very extreme to advocate for one group by hating or defending hatred towards another group. We don't have to chose between supporting black people or supporting white people. Neither me, DeadPresident or anyone else here is defending racism towards black people. In fact we all condemn it. But you people are using social media to dehumanize white people and demand them to be an ally. Jesus Christ said "do to others as you would have them do to you". There are people of all identity groups that are victims. They could be victims or bigotry, bullying, abuse or they might just be unhappy. A true humanitarian would show compassion, not say "Oh you're white. There are people who have it worse. Take a hike".
If a white person is getting bullied or abused by blacks or anyone, they deserve compassion. Absolutely.

But if you're complaining about an Al Sharpton rant or the word "Becky" when it's virtually legal for cops to kill an innocent black person and when we're experiencing a recent peak in white nationalist influence and power then you're trivializing the problem of racism.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:58 PM   #20
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Quote:
"Obtuse" is the perfect word for it. It's so blatantly willfully ignorant. The meaning of the phrase is only easy to misinterpret if you want to misinterpret it. It's the same basic problem I have with the blog where the author wrote about how all those white actors blend together. It first and foremost bothers me because it's dishonest, so right off the bat, I think that person is hiding and eliding a more ugly motivation.

Last edited by moviedoors; 07-04-2017 at 01:36 PM.
moviedoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:02 AM   #21
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Who is ches?

chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:16 AM   #22
hellified
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Who is ches?
I meant YOU...

Old 07-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #23
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
If a white person is getting bullied or abused by blacks or anyone, they deserve compassion. Absolutely.

But if you're complaining about an Al Sharpton rant or the word "Becky" when it's virtually legal for cops to kill an innocent black person and when we're experiencing a recent peak in white nationalist influence and power then you're trivializing the problem of racism.
Yep. Person to Person racism can happen to anyone, but institutionalized racism, in America, is pretty much only white on other minorities, because essentially all powerful institutions are controlled by white men.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:
http://vimeo.com/41530049

Last edited by Infinity9999x; 07-04-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #24
hellified
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Yep. Person to Person racism can happen to anyone, bu institutionalized racism, in America, is pretty much only white on other minorities, because essentially all powerful institutions are controlled by white men.

now now lets not talk about that... don't you know between MLK giving a speech and Obama's election institutional racism has been eradicated...except for the stuff that affects white people.

Last edited by hellified; 07-04-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #25
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
I meant YOU...
Gotcha hale.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote