The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #326
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - Part 15

So, acting like a mobster again.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #327
summerteeth
Side-Kick

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
So, acting like a mobster again.
How is that acting like a mobster? It's simply stating that because of the failures of this organization we aren't going to fund it like we have in the past. If things change we will, until that time we will continue to be active, continue to fund it but not at the level we have. Instead we will use some of that money for our own military.

Basically, that money is better spent elsewhere. I'm not saying I believe that, I have no strong opinion either way, but it's certainly not mobsterish or super villainy.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #328
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerteeth View Post
Really? Watching clips right now it seems like it's one of his better moments (not saying much, I know).

I don't think cartoon villains say things like "we don't want to impose our way of life on anyone"

One argument that is not made about refugees that I think is a valid one, is the idea of a cultural drain. We often talk about brain drain and the effect emigration has on countries, but I feel it is the same thing. If we are taking families and hard working people out of countries what is left? If you are leaving the young men who are easily (or already) radicalized how does the country rebuild? I think Trump brings up a good point that it is better for the US to safely move refugees to areas closer to their home country. They are more likely to return to it once it is safe. His reasoning isn't the same of course, but the idea itself is not bad.
Trump administration rejects study showing positive impact of refugees

No they just outright refuse to accept facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerteeth View Post
How is that acting like a mobster? It's simply stating that because of the failures of this organization we aren't going to fund it like we have in the past. If things change we will, until that time we will continue to be active, continue to fund it but not at the level we have. Instead we will use some of that money for our own military.

Basically, that money is better spent elsewhere. I'm not saying I believe that, I have no strong opinion either way, but it's certainly not mobsterish or super villainy.

That's his proposed budget, you think that big blue portion is the most effective place for those funds to be put towards?

Old 09-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #329
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

If Western nation's are going to participate in a global rconic system that disproportionately filters wealth and resources into their hands they shouldnlt be surprised when nthey ate where people flea to or look for work. Any other excuse not to help is just a shirking of responsibility.

In other news, calling a world leaders "Ticket Man" and threatening to destroy an entire country while pumping nearly a trillion dollars into your military is indeed cartoonish buffoonery.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:26 PM   #330
Herofan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnReese View Post
Do these people really believe Trump cares about them? They actually feel as though he will be the rich Robin Hood who will fight the corrupt, steal from the rich, and give to the poor. I wish I had their optimistic mindset when it comes to various politicians.
Much more likely not to the poor (who they probably look down upon at least somewhat) but the middle class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnReese View Post
Absolutely! But they honestly believe in their hearts that he is going to fight the rich corrupt politicians and elite, steal their fortune, and give it to the less fortunate.
Or, like Republicans in general, he won't give them a lot but he will take less away from them. Though he would give them and fight for them more than typical Republicans.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #331
Sithborg
About time Filoni

So, Cohen decided to do some grandstanding before his hearing today. The committee wasn't pleased. Apparently, they are cancelling the hearing, and giving him a subpoena to have him testify under oath, probably publicly.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:43 PM   #332
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Old 09-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #333
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Old 09-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #334
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Did you guys see this Dave Rubin character on youtube claim that "the left" hates white boys and girls? Yeah. Calling for universal health care, an affordable minimum wage, workplace regulations to protect, and cheaper education really shows they hate white people.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #335
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Did you guys see this Dave Rubin character on youtube claim that "the left" hates white boys and girls? Yeah. Calling for universal health care, an affordable minimum wage, workplace regulations to protect, and cheaper education really shows they hate white people.
That's crazy. An awful lot of poor white folks would benefit alongside their colored brethren.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #336
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
That's crazy. An awful lot of poor white folks would benefit alongside their colored brethren.
The entire working class would benefit from universal healthcare, affordable college, sensible drug laws, clean environment, net neutrality, immigrants helping the economy, etc.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #337
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nah white people dont mooch.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 09-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #338
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, I see the problem now. White people are fine with living in objectively worse conditions, as long as the colored 'brethren' get nothing. And when the colored brethren get together for better treatment, they can claim the left hates the whites.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #339
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dave Rubin is an intellectual marshmellow and a shameless opportunist who is blatantly pandering for Patreon money.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #340
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Oh, I see the problem now. White people are fine with living in objectively worse conditions, as long as the colored 'brethren' get nothing. And when the colored brethren get together for better treatment, they can claim the left hates the whites.
The problem is too many people see color or class before they see a person's humanity. We need more "us" and less "them."

Old 09-19-2017, 06:12 PM   #341
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1BU2OS

"Trump using campaign, RNC funds to pay legal bills from Russia probe".

Mueller is coming for him. Maybe he can cause the RNC to go bankrupt in the process. Maybe they'll turn on him and impeach him too, if we're lucky.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #342
Laderlappen
Fat, drunk, and stupid

Quote:
this Dave Rubin character on youtube claim that "the left" hates white boys and girls?
I wonder why.
Quote:
White people are fine with living in objectively worse conditions, as long as the colored 'brethren' get nothing.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:04 PM   #343
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
The problem is too many people see color or class before they see a person's humanity. We need more "us" and less "them."
Class warfare is inevitable when the top 20% have 93% of the wealth and when the working class asks for minimum wage increases and affordable healthcare/college the rich fight back with austerity measures instead.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #344
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
Trump administration rejects study showing positive impact of refugees

No they just outright refuse to accept facts.

That's his proposed budget, you think that big blue portion is the most effective place for those funds to be put towards?

You know Americans laugh at Scandinavians for paying 10% higher taxes but they have free healthcare, free college, a social safety net,, maternal leave, much higher minimum wage, green energy, etc.

I'm thinking they get the last laugh.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:29 PM   #345
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
You know Americans laugh at Scandinavians for paying 10% higher taxes but they have free healthcare, free college, a social safety net,, maternal leave, much higher minimum wage, green energy, etc.

I'm thinking they get the last laugh.
It makes no sense that we can't have the same thing.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:36 PM   #346
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyarcher View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1BU2OS

"Trump using campaign, RNC funds to pay legal bills from Russia probe".

Mueller is coming for him. Maybe he can cause the RNC to go bankrupt in the process. Maybe they'll turn on him and impeach him too, if we're lucky.
I hope he is also using donations from Trump supportersto pay his legal fees.

He colludes with Russia and helps subvert democracy and cons millions of americans then he holds rallies to take "donations" and uses those danations from those conned americans to pay his lawyers so they will protect him from prosecution.

You gotta admit thats hillarious.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:39 PM   #347
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

45 went off script at the UN today, started talking about his YUGE win in the election. At the f***ing UN. As if any other leader of a participating nation gives any f***s about it. Trumpster fire has got to be one of the absolute dumbest people on this planet.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:49 PM   #348
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
45 went off script at the UN today, started talking about his YUGE win in the election. At the f***ing UN. As if any other leader of a participating nation gives any f***s about it. Trumpster fire has got to be one of the absolute dumbest people on this planet.
Where in his speech did he say it? I'd love to watch!

Old 09-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #349
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
He also called Kim Jong Un, "Rocket Man" and said America would destroy North Korea.

We're living in a ridiculous comic book.

One where actual people are suffering and gravely threatened.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:08 PM   #350
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
He also called Kim Jong Un, "Rocket Man" and said America would destroy North Korea.

We're living in a ridiculous comic book.

One where actual people are suffering and gravely threatened.
I wonder if he realizes that the UN is meant to be a peace organization? Telling the UN youre going to destroy a country is like going to the Hague and telling them you plan to enact a second holocaust against jews.

Closed Thread