The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #51
samsnee
Side-Kick

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - Part 15

The American dream is dead. Not because some immigrant or non-white person stole your job. But because we are closing our doors on it. People want to come here, work hard, contribute to society, maybe inspire others? Forget it, you're not wanted.

Oh, so you're saying now employers will hire those here legally? Nope because then they'll actually have to pay taxes that and minimum wages and overtime. So they'll just ask people to do more and say "It's about hard work!" while the stock goes up and the blue collar guys don't see a dime.

Maybe Congress will help? Oh the same Congress that wants to kill unions, and throw you off your health care so they can keep their donors happy?

I guess in some way, it's good for everyone to see what a Republican controlled government leads to. But they had control under the Bush years too and we know how that ended. But Americans have short memories as long as you promise to bring back a time that never really existed.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:42 PM   #52
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - Part 15

The American dream died a long time ago with Reagan. She has been crawling to her decline since.

Last edited by Tacit Ronin; 09-05-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:28 PM   #53
DlAMONDZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Actually the GOP wants to cut FEMA funding to pay for the wall.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei.../%3fsource=dam
GOP has been doing **** like this for years and yet continue to win election after election. Mind boggling

Old 09-05-2017, 07:53 PM   #54
TheComicbookKid
Swing n Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I thought Mexico was paying for the wall?
Stop exaggerating. Trump will get an IOU from Mexico. That's 100% in any court of law based on my watching every episode of LA Law.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #55
TheComicbookKid
Swing n Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlAMONDZ View Post
GOP has been doing **** like this for years and yet continue to win election after election. Mind boggling
If you preach government is the problem then you really have no incentive to make it work.

Plus it fits the GOP complex of blaming others.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:59 PM   #56
hellified
Side-Kick

Old 09-05-2017, 09:14 PM   #57
Kreem Pi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlAMONDZ View Post
Not really. Conservative propaganda facilitated from the grass roots via radio.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:45 PM   #58
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellified View Post
Hee hee.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:36 AM   #59
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I thought Mexico was paying for the wall?

Their hate and fear of minorities outweighs any logic or basic human compassion.
your vicinity.

Step one: pardon racist sheriff who breaks laws and profiles brown people
Step two: deport brown people who don't break laws because THE RULE OF LAW is important.
Step three: name racist sheriff the head of The Gestapo

Step four: if deporting brown people doesn't work, put them in ghettos and by ghettos, not like "the hood." More like umm....Warsaw in the 1940's.

Step six: sign executive order to have all schools in America to have Mein Kampf as mandatory reading.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:45 AM   #60
Sawyer
High King

https://twitter.com/DancesWithTamis/...19850741530624
Quote:
Tamara Yajia
@DancesWithTamis

When mom told me we were moving to the US I said to her "No mom, why that's illegal.I'm 9 and I know the law. I'm stayin in Argentina alone"

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 09-06-2017, 07:39 AM   #61
samsnee
Side-Kick

Here's what those dreamers need to do. Start a systematic racial profiling of anyone non-white. Then set up camps where they lock up suspects for months and treat them like prisoners even though they haven't been charged with a crime. Then Cheetoh can come in and say what great Americans they are and they can all stay in the US.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #62
mclay18
Side-Kick

Sarah Huckabee Sanders issued a veiled threat for lawmakers to pass immigration law

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c9dfa6c3e133

I guess that's why some people call her Sarah Yuckabee Slanders. What a b**ch.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:04 AM   #63
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

I hope Trump's presidency will serve as a cautionary tale for people who didn't vote and think it doesn't matter who is in the WH. Trump proves that your vote does matter and electing a psychopath as the POTUS is a real possibility if you don't participate.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #64
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I hope Trump's presidency will serve as a cautionary tale for people who didn't vote and think it doesn't matter who is in the WH. Trump proves that your vote does matter and electing a psychopath as the POTUS is a real possibility if you don't participate.
People are too easily confused.

The purity test for 2020 has already begun.

People already forgot that the purity tests for Hillary is why Mango Mussolini is controlling the most powerful nation on Earth and is currently destroying countless lives.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:23 PM   #65
TheCardPlayer
Come play with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
IMO, the "both sides are the same" people are just as responsible for this disgusting administration, as the people who actually voted for the right's new Orange God. No vote, is the same as voting for this.

Fire walk with me
Old 09-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #66
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

The Apathy party is the real dominant political party:

Old 09-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #67
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCardPlayer View Post
IMO, the "both sides are the same" people are just as responsible for this disgusting administration, as the people who actually voted for the right's new Orange God. No vote, is the same as voting for this.
I think a lot of the criticism towards the media is way overblown, but one thing I will absolutely blame them for is helping spread the false equivalence narrative. Neutrality is not the same as objectivity, and helping spread the "argue both sides" is ludicrous.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #68
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
I think a lot of the criticism towards the media is way overblown, but one thing I will absolutely blame them for is helping spread the false equivalence narrative. Neutrality is not the same as objectivity, and helping spread the "argue both sides" is ludicrous.
It's that kind of idiocy from the media trying to be "balanced" that spread false equivalencies like the anti-vaxxer idiots and other anti-science dumbassery.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:40 PM   #69
Sithborg
About time Filoni

It is weird that Trump sided with Schumer and Pelosi over the debt ceiling and budget. The debt ceiling just needs to be done away. I do wonder what the Dem's strategy is. Punt it down a bit where the GOP infighting will be able to get more press?

Old 09-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #70
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
It is weird that Trump sided with Schumer and Pelosi over the debt ceiling and budget. The debt ceiling just needs to be done away. I do wonder what the Dem's strategy is. Punt it down a bit where the GOP infighting will be able to get more press?
Oh, I love the Dems strategy here.

First, we have already seen Republicans issuing releases and even ads about potential 2018 Congressional challengers, saying how they are in bed with Schumer and Pelosi. That is the go-to attack line for Republicans next year. Its harder to make that attack when Trump is working with Democratic leadership.

Moreover, it further drives a wedge between Trump and Republican leadership. Its no secret that Trump's relationship with McConnell and Ryan is strained and becomes worse by the day. By the Democrats giving Trump an offer to jump at, the debt ceiling, which was going to be raised no matter what (its not so much a win for Trump as it is an inevitability), Trump has signaled to Republican leadership "you can't get it done so I'm working with your opponents." That is the final nail in the coffin of the Trump/McConnell relationship. Remember, McConnell was a guy who would rather shut down the Senate than let a Democratic President's SCOTUS nominee even have a hearing. They don't come much more partisan hack than Mitch McConnell. He is a guy who would rather shoot the entire country in the foot than give Democrats an inch on anything. By working with with Trump, the Democrats baited Trump into slapping McConnell right in the face.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #71
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Facebook says it sold political ads to Russian company during 2016 election

Representatives of Facebook told congressional investigators Wednesday that it has discovered it sold ads during the U.S. presidential election to a shadowy Russian company seeking to target voters, according to several people familiar with the company’s findings.

Facebook officials reported that they traced the ad sales, totaling $100,000, to a Russian “troll farm” with a history of pushing pro-Kremlin propaganda, these people said.

A small portion of the ads, which began in the summer of 2015, directly named Republican nominee Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton, the people said. Most of the ads focused on pumping politically divisive issues such as gun rights and immigration fears, as well as gay rights and racial discrimination.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:35 PM   #72
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Oh, I love the Dems strategy here.

First, we have already seen Republicans issuing releases and even ads about potential 2018 Congressional challengers, saying how they are in bed with Schumer and Pelosi. That is the go-to attack line for Republicans next year. Its harder to make that attack when Trump is working with Democratic leadership.

Moreover, it further drives a wedge between Trump and Republican leadership. Its no secret that Trump's relationship with McConnell and Ryan is strained and becomes worse by the day. By the Democrats giving Trump an offer to jump at, the debt ceiling, which was going to be raised no matter what (its not so much a win for Trump as it is an inevitability), Trump has signaled to Republican leadership "you can't get it done so I'm working with your opponents." That is the final nail in the coffin of the Trump/McConnell relationship. Remember, McConnell was a guy who would rather shut down the Senate than let a Democratic President's SCOTUS nominee even have a hearing. They don't come much more partisan hack than Mitch McConnell. He is a guy who would rather shoot the entire country in the foot than give Democrats an inch on anything. By working with with Trump, the Democrats baited Trump into slapping McConnell right in the face.
Yeah, I'm beginning to that Trump brought in Schumer and Pelosi just to spite McConnell. I am loving all the descriptions of how the GOP leadership were stunned that Trump would work with the Dems.

And with how strong Schumer came out for DACA, the Republicans are really struggling. They had a little presser where they tried to sell tax reform, and it just feels anemic with all the hurricane funds and DACA talk going around.

It is rather impressive how on the defensive the GOP are for being in the majority.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #73
Ouch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Yeah, I'm beginning to that Trump brought in Schumer and Pelosi just to spite McConnell. I am loving all the descriptions of how the GOP leadership were stunned that Trump would work with the Dems.

And with how strong Schumer came out for DACA, the Republicans are really struggling. They had a little presser where they tried to sell tax reform, and it just feels anemic with all the hurricane funds and DACA talk going around.

It is rather impressive how on the defensive the GOP are for being in the majority.
That also might be why some of the top Democrats are discouraging impeachment talk. As long as they let Trump hog the credit and let him feel good, there's no reason for them not to kick the tires on using working with him.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #74
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

I can only imagine that Pelosi & Schumer took Trump into a room with the offer that he'd get the "best biggest debt limit" there is. Hopefully this causes a huge riff between Trump & the Republicans even further, conservative media is already losing its **** because of it.*

Also amazing that even as a minority in the house & senate, democrats have gotten done more then the GOP ever has being in the charge of the house. Guess that's what happens when you're elected on whistle-blowing & obstructionism.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #75
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Oh, McConnell is pissed. What they've done, is thrown another huge wrench in their legislative agenda. Because they are going to have to come back to debt ceiling and the budget, when they might've been wanting to finish up tax cuts before the Dec break.

Honestly, I doubt Schumer had to do more than say "it will piss off McConnell and give you a great win". Which, frankly is true. Trump gets to look like he can do bipartisan work.

Also, throws wrenches into their plan to use Pelosi as a scapegoat against other candidates, when the President is starting to work with her.

Closed Thread