The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Old 05-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #451
Drizzle
Senpai Goldblum

Default Re: Sharon Carter - Agent 13 - Emily VanCamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I guess the Russos preferred Cap characters Sam and Bucky to star in a none Cap movie.
Why wouldn't they? Falcon and Bucky are way more prominent characters in the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
they could have included her in the scene with Maria Hill and Fury. If only to do it for her fans. Have her utter 2 lines and fade away.

But Im sure the fans would have rioted.

I'd rather have 2 or 5mins of her in the Cap films than not had her at all.
It just wouldn't have made much sense for her to be with them since she's with the CIA and Fury and Hill are operating through Stark/The Avengers. It's never even acknowledged that they know each other in the films, though it's possible.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:05 PM   #452
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Why wouldn't they? Falcon and Bucky are way more prominent characters in the movies.

It just wouldn't have made much sense for her to be with them since she's with the CIA and Fury and Hill are operating through Stark/The Avengers. It's never even acknowledged that they know each other in the films, though it's possible.
Wait... Wasn't Sharon assigned to watch Cap by Fury himself?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ To Be Continued A Fanboy Podcast: SOLO A STAR WARS STORY Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #453
ScarlettW
Side-Kick

Quote:
Come. On. Don't choose to misconstrue my previous comment to mean that. I'm saying if Maria Hill made an appearance why couldn't Sharon also?
Your post sounds upset that Mary was there, at the same time you took the opportunity to despise again BW. You want Sharon, fine, I understand, but don't try to do that with another female character, we already have few female characters on the MCU.
Maria was a character of the first Avengers, she was also in Age of Ultron.

ScarlettW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:29 PM   #454
Drizzle
Senpai Goldblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Wait... Wasn't Sharon assigned to watch Cap by Fury himself?
Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot about that. So they did know each other, but that was when she was in SHIELD. Now that she's in the CIA, there'd be little to no reason for them to interact.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #455
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot about that. So they did know each other, but that was when she was in SHIELD. Now that she's in the CIA, there'd be little to no reason for them to interact.
I guess they could have shoehorned a 30 second cameo of Everett Ross and her meeting with Fury and Hill and then disappearing. Though, I doubt most people would remember who she was.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #456
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:
I guess they could have shoehorned a 30 second cameo of Everett Ross and her meeting with Fury and Hill and then disappearing. Though, I doubt most people would remember who she was.
I doubt many people remembered Maria Hill either; her last appearance before IW was in AOU, which in MCU frantic schedule seems like forever.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:59 AM   #457
Voltron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettW View Post
Your post sounds upset that Mary was there, at the same time you took the opportunity to despise again BW. You want Sharon, fine, I understand, but don't try to do that with another female character, we already have few female characters on the MCU.
Maria was a character of the first Avengers, she was also in Age of Ultron.
I was upset that Sharon wasn't in IW, and that if Maria was why not Sharon also. I despise that BW for reasons aforementioned, that her eventual MCU role in TWS, CW, IW being teamed up with Cap and Sam bares a strong resemblance to Sharon's in the comics.

Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #458
KevTravels
Side-Kick

so overall why was Natasha upgraded in Sharon's expense?

I get that maybe Sharon wouldn't have gotten big roles in these films since they decided to flood Cap's solo movies with so many Avengers; but why did Sharon only get cameo roles? Surely Marvel didn't think 2 female characters was too much.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:05 PM   #459
ScarlettW
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was upset that Sharon wasn't in IW, and that if Maria was why not Sharon also. I despise that BW for reasons aforementioned, that her eventual MCU role in TWS, CW, IW being teamed up with Cap and Sam bares a strong resemblance to Sharon's in the comics.
I don't know about you, but I know Sharon stans hate some female characters like Peggy and BW. I've seen some misogynist comments about Hayley! There's even a crowd for the BW movie to be a flop, of people who say we need more women in the MCU, aka only Sharon.

Now BW stole all the big role of Sharon in CW and IW?

ScarlettW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:42 AM   #460
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettW View Post
I don't know about you, but I know Sharon stans hate some female characters like Peggy and BW. I've seen some misogynist comments about Hayley! There's even a crowd for the BW movie to be a flop, of people who say we need more women in the MCU, aka only Sharon.

Now BW stole all the big role of Sharon in CW and IW?
Hayley Atwell literally said Sharon shouldn't be in the movies. So there's that.

But let's be real, there's a lot of ideology being disingenuously flogged around all over the place. Wanda fans were also all about more women in the MCU, until Sharon appeared instead of Wanda in concept art and they got really pissed.

Wanda fans were also all about more women in the MCU, until Sharon appeared instead of Wanda in concept art and they got really pissed.

And there are fans who were super for black superheroes and wanted Black Panther for ages, but now say Sam shouldn't be Cap before Bucky.

Last edited by BullMcGiveny; 05-22-2018 at 11:22 AM.
BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:44 AM   #461
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
so overall why was Natasha upgraded in Sharon's expense?
The Russos really, really, really, really wanted to work with Scarjo. And I guess they didn't feel like anything less than as much Scarjo as possible.

And there's so much screentime to go around. You can't have a Winter Soldier movie without the Winter soldier, Marvel probably mandated Falcon because there was merch to be made.

Last edited by BullMcGiveny; 05-22-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #462
SteveRogers41
Side-Kick

As great and revolutionary as a shared universe is - and don't get me wrong, what Feige pulled off is spectacular, there's no denying it - it's really sad and unfulfilling, as a Cap fan and a fan of the Captain America franchise, to see Cap's supporting characters not really get their due. Because yes, I agree, Sharon should have been given more screen time. So should Sam, actually. Because Steve, being a fantastic character in his own right, has also had some truly amazing teams over the years.

The Gruenwald team of Steve, Sam, Dennis Dunphy, and Jack Monroe. Oh god, it was so great. So much comedic potential. D-Man constantly kissing up to Steve, Jack Monroe being annoyed by it, Sam constantly thinking he was surrounded by children and reexamining his life's choices. It was good stuff.

So too did Brubaker's take on Steve, Sam and Sharon making an awesome team. They were seamless. What I loved about this team is that they, all three, have really, I guess I could say... investigative minds. Just the three of them tackling an issue and figuring things out was a sight to behold. Like reading a mystery and the three of them being Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys.

John Walker. Great character. Bernie Rosenthal. Rachel Leighton and the rest of the Serpent Society. Neighbor Josh of the Brooklyn Heights era. In fact the whole storyline of Steve trying to live as a normal person and commercial artist by day, Captain America by night, in this apartment building of very nosy neighbors who were always up in his business (especially the landlady), with Steve trying to come up with completely ridiculous excuses for why he kept disappearing, was hilarious. It was refreshing to see a superhero trying to balance superheroing with trying to bring in an income so he could eat and keep the lights on. I remember a panel of Steve falling asleep at his drafting table because he was just so exhausted from trying to be both normal AND a superhero. Good stuff.

As a villain, Nightshade.

...So much great material. So many great characters. I could honestly watch a franchise of JUST Cap characters and stories. Sort of wish there was such a thing.

The MCU has only channeled a very, very small piece of it and unfortunately the supporting characters have been sort of shafted as a result.

SteveRogers41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:40 PM   #463
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Were fans of Sharon at least happy she had a role in the films or would they have rather none at all since she only had 3 mins in each film?

Old 05-23-2018, 10:20 AM   #464
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Infinity War Writers Explain What Happened to Sharon Carter
https://www.cbr.com/avengers-infinit...sharon-carter/

Speaking with Collider, Infinity War writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely confirmed that although Sharon appeared in early drafts of the script, there was simply too much of Thanos’ story to squeeze into the epic film to accommodate every character.

“Sharon Carter was a victim of what we came to realize as we were writing it,” Markus explained, “which is that if you’re writing scenes that set up people before the story has gotten to them such as Steve and Sharon trying to make it work in an apartment, they’re gonna go because the movie does not have time to catch up ‘previously on the life of Steve Rogers.'”

The writers elaborated that the grittier, bearded version of Steve Rogers having a relationship just didn’t fit with the story they were trying to tell. “Once it became sort of a smash-and-grab type movie, anything that wasn’t on the main A plot about and in response to Thanos collecting stones mostly got jettisoned,” McFeely said.

That Sharon was last seen in Civil War sharing a passionate kiss with Captain America, Infinity War could’ve easily carried on that storyline and taken their relationship to the next level. However, while there was a tease of more romance for Black Widow and Bruce Banner, and the relationship between Vision and Scarlet Witch became a major part of the movie, Steve and Sharon were left by the wayside.

Sharon joins a long list of high-profile heroes absent from Infinity War, alongside the likes of Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Nakia and Valkyrie. Admittedly, having these names missing from Infinity War puts them in a prime position to come to the rescue in Avengers 4, but Sharon could’ve just as easily been wiped out by Thanos’ finger-snap moment.

Markus and McFeely kept their cards close to their chest regarding whether Sharon was part of the 50 percent of life that wasn’t turned to dust by the time the credits rolled. Although a sparse first synopsis for Avengers 4 has already made its way online, fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will have to wait until the concluding part of the story hits theaters next year to find out how Phase Three comes to a close, and whether Sharon Carter will be part of it.

Maybe Sharon is brought back in Avengers 4 as a love interest for Steve, and then he sacrifices her to obtain the Soul Stone.

AvengerPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #465
SteveRogers41
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
Maybe Sharon is brought back in Avengers 4 as a love interest for Steve, and then he sacrifices her to obtain the Soul Stone.
Steve doesn't trade lives.

SteveRogers41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #466
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Were fans of Sharon at least happy she had a role in the films or would they have rather none at all since she only had 3 mins in each film?
Honestly, not me. I'd have preferred if they shut it down from the beginning instead of the cycle of silence-teasing-disappointment.

At least then there's a chance AoS or something else would have used her in a more worthwhile way.