The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Luke Cage

Old Today, 01:19 AM   #951
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick

Default Re: Luke Cage General Discussion Thread - Part 1

I really don't understand the hate this series gets. Just finished season 2, I think it was more entertaining than the first season.

I really liked that Godfather moment in Episode 13.

MurkeNyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:22 AM   #952
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Any reason why they Poochie'd Claire so hard this season? They even had Luke throw one last parting shot at her when he had Sugar tell her to go home in the last episode.
Maybe she is working on DD season 3? I heard she is having some issues because of her politics, but I don't see it effecting her work.

Honestly, there were many other female leads to follow, and I dig how ladies are always asking Luke "Coffee?"

MurkeNyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:57 AM   #953
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkeNyou View Post
Maybe she is working on DD season 3? I heard she is having some issues because of her politics, but I don't see it effecting her work.
Rosario Dawson said she doesn’t know whether she will be back because she wants to be with her daughter in the West coast (i.e. she doesn’t just generically “not know whether she will be back”, but she probably has discussed with Loeb about how she doesn’t want to be in NYC year round). That’s probably why they tried to close Claire’s storylines, starting with that in Luke Cage.

Quote:
Honestly, there were many other female leads to follow, and I dig how ladies are always asking Luke "Coffee?"
Showrunner is a man what do you expect (though at least that’s Mike Colter and not, say, Finn Jones),

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:30 AM   #954
kguillou
Side-Kick

I'm on episode 8 and I'm enjoying the season. It's slow, slower than season one but the thing Luke Cage has going for it is its style and vibe. I love the vibe of the show: the characters, the music, the cinematography, the show just has an overall pleasant atmosphere to it that makes it fun to watch, you know what I mean? With Punisher and JJ season 2, they felt laborious, i didn't even get past the first episode of JJ season 2. Even though this show is slowly paced, its still enjoyable to watch.

I really wish they'd give Luke some kind of...uniform that he wears. I know Luke doesn't wear a costume in the comics, but seeing Mike Colter walk around in hoodies and raggedy clothes is so visually unappealing. Get creative, give him a cool look, whether its a yellow under armour shirt or...something. Like, come on.

1) AVENGERS: Infinity War 2) The BLACK PANTHER 3) Mission Impossible: Fallout 4) Pacific Rim: Uprising 5) X-Men: Dark Phoenix
kguillou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:45 PM   #955
Filmfan93
The Man in Black

3 episodes in. While it's good, it's really, REALLY slow so far. And it is missing that hook that Neflix usually gives you at the end of their episodes where you instantly need to put on the next one.

Hope it gets more fast-paced and cliffhanger-y as it goes on.

Bushmaster, though... That dude is everything.

Old Today, 01:16 PM   #956
kguillou
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmfan93 View Post
3 episodes in. While it's good, it's really, REALLY slow so far. And it is missing that hook that Neflix usually gives you at the end of their episodes where you instantly need to put on the next one.

Hope it gets more fast-paced and cliffhanger-y as it goes on.

Bushmaster, though... That dude is everything.
It does get more cliffanger-y after episode 3. And yes, Bushmaster is BOSS. The actor who plays him is incredibly charismatic.

1) AVENGERS: Infinity War 2) The BLACK PANTHER 3) Mission Impossible: Fallout 4) Pacific Rim: Uprising 5) X-Men: Dark Phoenix
kguillou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:32 PM   #957
Shinobi Shaw
Side-Kick

Half way through episode 3 and I'm enjoying the ride so far. Alfre Woodard seriously deserves her Emmy for this.

Loved Misty's scene with her shutting the cops up about her arm.

Shinobi Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:06 PM   #958
webhead731
I'm a photographer

4 in and love it

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:51 PM   #959
Spiderine
Sho nuff

This is far and away better than season 1. Loved it

And I honestly thought the Marvel Netflix shows were losing its steam after the last several outings. I don't think I have enjoyed these series this much since all the Punisher episodes from DD season 2. Bravo

Mariah has got to be considered one of the best Marvel villains thus far.

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote