Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #726
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: Assassin's Creed IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
He's decided to support it and it's his right. (And break a vicious cycle that both sides certain publisher and gamers have with this console) As he see's fit.
I never said nor suggested that he cant get it for whatever platform he wants. It was a simple and valid question and I was interested in hearing what his thought process was with this decision as many dont choose the Wii U when it comes to multiplatform games

Old 10-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #727
Frico
The Man Without Fear

Will be playing this on Nov. 15 when I get my PS4. I can do this. I can wait. I can..*twiddles thumbs*

I'm just trying to make my city a better place. Daredevil. Netflix. April 10.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #728
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frico View Post
Will be playing this on Nov. 15 when I get my PS4. I can do this. I can wait. I can..*twiddles thumbs*
I can't.
Picking up my pre-order for my 360 in just a couple of hours.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #729
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I'm loving the hell out of this game and I'm definitely going to upgrade for the Xbone.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #730
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackBrian View Post
Speaking of the Wii U, when you have major third party companies basically dropping support for it all together, it's not a good sign. You can have whatever opinion you want about the quality of EA's product, but their decision to basically drop the Wii U as a platform was a huge blow. Also, out of curiosity, what makes the Wii U versions of Batman, AC, and Watchdogs better than the 360/PS3 versions?
Did anyone say that they were 'superior'? Wii U is a stronger system then the PS3/360, but from a technical standpoint, I think the games you mentioned more or less straight ports. I guess they'd be superior if you like Off TV play (presuming all of them support that). Arguable AO is inferior on the Wii U since the online competent was cut, if you care about it. And Watchdogs won't be out until next year, so how could anyone know either way?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #731
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

I watched a comparison video between the PS3 and PS4 versions of this game and was highly disappointed. At best, it looked minimally better. I went ahead and canceled my Xbox One ACIV preorder and just snagged this on 360.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #732
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Sounds about like I was expecting, same game with just a little extra paint. This will probably be the story for most of the cross gen games.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #733
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Sounds about like I was expecting, same game with just a little extra paint. This will probably be the story for most of the cross gen games.
Yea i think you're right, altho a game like Battlefield 4 will deff be worth waiting for. Not only does it look better but the 64 player online changes things up quite a bit. Here tho, as you said, theres just more polish.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #734
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
I watched a comparison video between the PS3 and PS4 versions of this game and was highly disappointed. At best, it looked minimally better. I went ahead and canceled my Xbox One ACIV preorder and just snagged this on 360.
Do you have a link by any chance?

Old 10-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #735
Soapy
Side-Kick

I personally have no problem waiting a measly couple of weeks for the better version.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #736
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
I personally have no problem waiting a measly couple of weeks for the better version.
I wouldn't of had any issue either, but after seeing the comparison i have no desire to play this game on the next gen systems when i can just go ahead and play it now. Battlefield tho, yea I'm waiting.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #737
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Do you have a link by any chance?
http://n4g.com/news/1381965/assassin...ics-comparison

Old 10-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #738
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
The leap in graphics from this gen to the next is going to be much smaller in general and that combined with the fact that launch games are usually the weakest graphics wise for any new generation, means a lot of these "cross-platformers" won't look too different from each other.

The real difference in this up-coming generation is going to be through game play innovations more than graphical appearance and those games are still a year or 2 off.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #739
zenith16
Side-Kick

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag trailer shows fancy PC-only effects

Tom Senior at 08:43 on 29 October 2013

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag has been pushed back on PC to November 22, but why? Are PC push-backs so coded into Ubisoft's DNA that they can't physically stop themselves delaying things? Are they adding more beards to the piratey assassin adventure? Perhaps they're fine tuning the collection of smooth PC-only effects demonstrated in a new Nvidia video, invluding a TXAA mode that removes flickering jaggies during camera movements, and god rays. Caribbean god rays, no less, which surely need to mature in a luscious tropical paradise for a while before being allowed near a finished game.

There's also a HBAO+ mode, which means faster and smoother HBAO for the refined HBAO connoisseur. Oh, and PCSS, though it's better to watch the video below to see what that is. Now excuse me for a moment, I have bits of alphabet stuck in my teeth.

also

Ubisoft has no plans to bring Sony-exclusive AC4 DLC to other platforms

by Earnest Cavalli (1 hour ago)

Though Sony's PlayStation 4 promotional video may have plainly stated otherwise (pictured), Ubisoft claims it has no intention of bringing the Sony-exclusive Assassin's Creed 4 DLC to other consoles.

The addition focuses on Aveline, heroine of Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, and is said to add an hour of play time to Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. While it was initially announced as exclusive to the PlayStation 3 and PS4, the aforementioned promotional video stated that the exclusivity agreement between Ubisoft and Sony was only valid for six months.

A Eurogamer report today stated Ubisoft had confirmed the DLC would never appear on systems outside of the Sony umbrella. We reached out to Ubisoft for comment, and the company explained that the DLC could potentially reach other platforms in the future, but that currently the publisher had no plans to do so.

"I can confirm that at the current stage the PS exclusive DLC isn't planned for Xbox 360/Xbox One," Ubisoft told Joystiq.

The key word here is "current." Ubisoft appears to be keeping its options open for the future, while also adhering to the spirit (if not the letter) of its agreement with Sony. This addition may appear on other consoles at some point, or it may not - either way these PR vagueries absolve Ubisoft of having to commit to anything.
Source: PC gamer & Eurogamer

Last edited by zenith16; 10-29-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #740
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Really, really digging this game so far.

Only complaint is there aren't more options as to what weapons you can and can't equip. Id love to be able to use one sword and like a knife, but it seems the only way to do that is to just pick up a down enemies sword. But you can't have that as your go to.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #741
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

I want spoilers so bad. Waiting for PS4 is unbearable (yes, I know I can trade in old copy to upgrade later, but I'm leaving in a few days anyway and won't be back until after PS4 is out).

Once someone beats it, can you explain
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
what "the vial", a sage, and the observatory are/do?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #742
Soapy
Side-Kick

Are there different costumes or just palette swaps like in previous games? If there are other costumes, are they more piratey-looking than the standard assassin garb? And are they easy to obtain?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #743
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

Quote:
Did anyone say that they were 'superior'? Wii U is a stronger system then the PS3/360, but from a technical standpoint, I think the games you mentioned more or less straight ports. I guess they'd be superior if you like Off TV play (presuming all of them support that). Arguable AO is inferior on the Wii U since the online competent was cut, if you care about it. And Watchdogs won't be out until next year, so how could anyone know either way?
A little late on this, but jacobed specifically said that the WiiU versions of those games would be better than the PS3/360 versions, which is why I asked. It was an innocent question, nothing to get worked up about, especially since someone did say they were "superior". I didn't just mention those three random games out of nowhere.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Perfect Cell; 10-29-2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 10-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #744
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I'm not getting worked up, I was legitimately asking. I missed his post that said that.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #745
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Are there different costumes or just palette swaps like in previous games? If there are other costumes, are they more piratey-looking than the standard assassin garb? And are they easy to obtain?
Theres both. Some outfits are just a different color, for instance I'm rocking an all black version of the standard outfit, but there are LEGIT outfits. Just a few examples, theres a "stealth outfit" which is like this sleeveless hooded type deal and theres an "Edward the Legend" outfit which is basically your classic pirate look. Pirate style hat, with an eye patch.

Each outfit is obtained differently. Some you can buy, others you need to do in game quests(complete assassins contracts fro example) and some(the legend suit for example) can be unlocked through UPlay

Old 10-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #746
Soapy
Side-Kick

Cool, thanks.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #747
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

There's supposed to be a Captain Morgan costume too....yes, the one from the rum bottle, but also based on the original namesake buccaneer of the 17th century, but that one seems to be an exclusive. One thing that's cool about the costumes is they reward faithful ACphiles right from the get-go --- if you've played any of the previous AC games (and still have a record of it on your hard drive), it'll give you free costumes for Altair, Ezio, and/or Connor.

Been playing this all day, and it's cool and all that, but I honestly have to say that it's really AC 3.5. There's very little that's different in terms of gameplay and mechanics....they've expanded naval combat, of course, and brought back some features AC3 was lacking (courtesans, for example, make a return as "dancers"), and the parkour in the cities is definitely as familiar as the Ezio era, and the parkour in the jungle is as familiar as Connor hunting and tree-hopping in the forests of AC3. But otherwise, very little is new here. If you're expecting innovations, forget about it; but if you're a die-hard AC fan, and really want the series to get back to AC2 era gameplay, then you'll probably be happy to see some of the old stuff coming back. Edward combines the best of Ezio/Altair with the best of Connor.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #748
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
There's supposed to be a Captain Morgan costume too....yes, the one from the rum bottle, but also based on the original namesake buccaneer of the 17th century, but that one seems to be an exclusive. One thing that's cool about the costumes is they reward faithful ACphiles right from the get-go --- if you've played any of the previous AC games (and still have a record of it on your hard drive), it'll give you free costumes for Altair, Ezio, and/or Connor.

Been playing this all day, and it's cool and all that, but I honestly have to say that it's really AC 3.5. There's very little that's different in terms of gameplay and mechanics....they've expanded naval combat, of course, and brought back some features AC3 was lacking (courtesans, for example, make a return as "dancers"), and the parkour in the cities is definitely as familiar as the Ezio era, and the parkour in the jungle is as familiar as Connor hunting and tree-hopping in the forests of AC3. But otherwise, very little is new here. If you're expecting innovations, forget about it; but if you're a die-hard AC fan, and really want the series to get back to AC2 era gameplay, then you'll probably be happy to see some of the old stuff coming back. Edward combines the best of Ezio/Altair with the best of Connor.
Save for AC II, you could prob make the argument that ALL AC games are just .5 versions of their predecessors.

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 10-30-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:38 AM   #749
Havok83
Side-Kick

I never understood why they called this game AC IV. It should have just been Black Flag. They should use the number to denote a new time piece and the subtitle for a related game in that same era

Old 10-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #750
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I never understood why they called this game AC IV. It should have just been Black Flag. They should use the number to denote a new time piece and the subtitle for a related game in that same era
Same here. From what I understand, the story around the animus stuff is more like AC: Liberation, where its an Abstergo program, not a rogue animus thing. So Black Flag could have been its own thing too as opposed to a "sequel."

But I guess they probaly felt that people would confuse it as being a continuation of III, the same way that Brotherhood and Revelations were for II, so they added the number to signify a new Assassin and story.