The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

Old 08-28-2017, 10:06 AM   #851
Leenie
Side-Kick

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
will season 8 be a return to form? loads of criticism over season 6 and 7. is AMC boosting the budget and hiring quality writers to make this show good again?
Well, considering the way AMC screwed over Frank Darabont after he gift-wrapped a smash-hit series to them because they wanted to make more episodes for less money (quantity over quality, I guess), I just don't see them wanting to fix the show's current problems. Even though the viewership is down, the ratings are still pretty huge.

Granted, I didn't hate season 7. In fact, I found myself really enjoying the first half of it for the most part (despite the TERRIBLE cliffhanger from season 6). I didn't feel like anything happened for most of the second half of season 7 though; felt pretty boring to me.

I really think this show would be 1,000x better if the seasons were cut short. The plot would move faster, they would have a bigger budget for each episode, etc.

The biggest plus this series has is the cast. If you ask me, I think the actors are far and above the material they have been given.

(8) Captain America: The Winter Soldier,
(9) Guardians of the Galaxy, (10) Deadpool
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:14 PM   #852
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
The series peaked at Season 1, specifically the very first episode ...
season 1 was a highlight. Certain episodes in season 3/4 were amazing IMO especially those featuring Carol/Michonne in a big way

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #853
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Steven Yeun aka Glen seems to be doing well for himself since leaving the show.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3081796/

He was a highlight in Okja for me and I'm looking forward to Mayhem.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:00 PM   #854
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: 'Our World' Mobile Game Official Trailer
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:01 PM   #855
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead 100 Episodes: 'Changing Lives' Official Featurette

Old 09-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #856
KevTravels
Side-Kick

How is that none of the cast (Andrew or Norman) hosted SNL by now?

Old 09-11-2017, 08:57 PM   #857
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Last night's Talking Dead Season 8 sneak preview (as with previous seasons of Talking Dead sneak previews)didn’t reveal much about Season 8 than what I already knew based off of recent EW interviews with the cast and crew. It doesn’t help that Gimple likes to keep plot details under wraps. Since Gimple, Lennie James, and JDM couldn’t reveal much about Season 8 they should’ve addressed some of the criticisms of Season 7 and how Season 8 was going to improve upon it. i.e like the reliance on bottle episodes, constant separation of Rick’s core group, complaints about Negan as a character, the purpose of the shallow Garbage group etc. But AMC won’t allow any constructive criticism being discussed about episodes b/c Talking Dead is mostly about the cast and crew patting themselves on the back, with guest comedians and Hardwick one upping each other on silly puns and jokes, as well as Hardwick plugging one of his talking (insert AMC show) shows or his next stand up show. One of the questions that should’ve been asked about Season 8 is if we’re going to find out about what happened to Heath? I know to the majority of fans and viewers that Heath is another underdeveloped character (and I share that sentiment) but I’d like it if he was given some closure, which he should’ve gotten in that Tara/Oceanside episode. If the actor didn’t want to return then they should’ve killed off his character or recast him.
Also Gimple confirmed that Maggie’s baby won’t be born in Season 8. That either means Maggie will loose the baby or Maggie is biting the dust or that there won’t be a time jump this season. More than likely there won’t be a time jump. Which goes back to my theory earlier about the Season 8 trailer with the old man Rick moment being a dream. This could also mean that All Out War will be stretched out to fill Season 8. And I doubt this story arc can carry the whole season but we’ll see.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #858
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead - Season 8 Sneak Peak (1080p HD)

Old 09-13-2017, 11:20 AM   #859
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: Andrew Lincoln 'shocked' by Old Man Rick twist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Fans gasped when they saw the final moments of The Walking Dead’s season 8 trailer at San Diego Comic-Con, and they weren’t the only ones. Andrew Lincoln was also taken aback when he was first told about the scene, which appeared to show an old and grizzled version of Rick Grimes.

The scene, which also included a cane positioned next to Rick’s bed, seemed to mirror an important moment from the comic book, and if you don’t want to know about it, you should probably look away right now. And yes, this counts as your official SPOILER ALERT.

In issue #127 of The Walking Dead comic book, it is revealed that a two-year time jump has occurred after the war with Negan, and Rick has a new look and a battle scar from that war in the form of an injured leg. But again, that happens after the war with Negan, a war that only just kicked off on TV in the season 7 finale. So to do that time jump now, just as the war is starting, would not seem to make sense.

Only time — and season 8, which premieres Oct. 22 — will tell whether the TV adaptation is going ahead with some sort of flash-forward strategy to show current and future events at the same time – similar to the Lost flash-forwards that began in the “Through the Looking Glass” episode. But whether the show is either going early to the time jump or purposefully misdirecting the audience by doing something else entirely, it serves as the latest reminder that showrunner Scott M. Gimple and his team are never content to play it safe, even surprising their star.

“I was shocked and kind of excited by it,” says Lincoln of when he first found out about the twist. “My instinct was, what a great storytelling device. That was my instinct. I thought it was very interesting, and also gives us an opportunity to do something else a little ahead of the game, which I think is very, very neat.”

Of course, Lincoln won’t confirm that it is the time-jump from the comics, even if he admits to certain visual clues. “I mean, it’s a gray Rick,” he says. “It’s an older Rick. So by virtue of the fact that you see, that means that it’s in the future.”

But when in the future? And is it a real future or another dream sequence like the Glenn and Abraham feast in last year’s season premiere. “It will become somewhat clearer after the October premiere,” says Lincoln. “Then again, it may not be. It maybe still is somewhat opaque. I think that that’s possibly all I can say on the matter.”

Old 09-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #860
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: Exclusive Season 8 photos feature Daryl, Rick, and Ezekiel

Wow! Daryl posing on his bike! How many seasons where we haven't seen that? Plus there's plenty of that in the Season 8 trailer. Rick and Ezekiel side by side. Very monumental moment. We get it the Season 7 finale showed most of the communities joining forces against Negan. Two "exclusive" images that don't add much to what we already seen before from the Season 8 trailer.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:54 PM   #861
KevTravels
Side-Kick

They had better raised the budget for this season and got some quality storylines or they're gonna see another massive drop-off by season 9

Old 09-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #862
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: Norman Reedus says Daryl is going 'rogue' in season 8

Quote:
The forces are finally united to take on Negan when season 8 of The Walking Dead kicks-off on Oct. 22. The Kingdom and the Hilltop joined Alexandria at the end of season 7 to drive out the Saviors (not to mention those pesky, weird-talking Scavengers), and according to star Norman Reedus, the coming campaign feels almost like rooting for your favorite sports team against their bitter rivals.

“There are definite teams now,” Reedus tells EW. “People are going to be rooting for one team or the other, and it does have more kick to it than it did. I mean, season 7 was difficult. It was super hard for all of us. But in season 8, the gang’s back together, and it’s full blown right now. It’s A versus B. It’s your home team fighting your biggest rival, so there definitely will be cheerleaders.”

The sports analogy is interesting because seeing our heroes get beaten down repeatedly in season 7 did feel kind of like watching your favorite team get blown out, but the star promises we’ll have a much more even fight in season 8. However, just because you now have one united team of Kingdomers, Hilltoppers, and Alexandrians all playing together, that doesn’t mean everyone is necessarily working off of the same play book. That’s according to an interesting tidbit that Reedus dropped next about Daryl. “You know, some of us are going rogue a little bit — like myself. There are a couple of some rogue moments in there.”

So while Rick, Maggie, and Ezekiel may have a plan, it seems the wild child known as Daryl Dixon may have his own ideas on how to best exact vengeance. “There’s no dilly-dallying with him,” says Reedus. “There’s no gray area right now with him. He’s on a mission to do one thing, and sometimes for the good of the group, you veer left a little bit, and he’s still veering right. So, like I said, he’s kind of going rogue a little bit in the beginning.”

It appears Daryl has still not forgiven nor forgotten what happened to him when he was forced to sit naked in a cell eating dog food and listening to the infuriatingly peppy “Easy Street.” “It’s very much unfinished business,” says Reedus. “And when certain people are trying to plot the overall takeover or the overall battle, he’s on one direct mission. I mean, he was tortured last year. He wants his s— back, and he wants to have revenge, and he’s really not listening.”
The writers continue to recycle Daryl’s most overused trait. Nearly every season Daryl goes (or is forced into going) rogue. Honestly it’s been a couple of seasons since Daryl had an engrossing character arc, imo. He has become a trite character, who doesn't bring much to the show anymore. And that probably has a lot to do with the character being made up for the show. And the writers having difficulty fitting him into the story arcs they're adapting from the comics. Characters like Tyreese, Abraham and even Jesus’ character (who’s still underdeveloped) get screwed over due to Daryl still being alive. Honestly Daryl should’ve been the Lucille victim instead of Glenn and Abe. Then Dwight could slowly take Daryl’s spot, but both the fan girls and boys would have a fit. TPTB only keep Daryl around (despite the lack of character growth) because he's still a fan favorite, who also sells a ton of merchandise for AMC.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:32 PM   #863
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: Melissa McBride on Carol's 'call to duty' in season 8

Quote:
Carol has left the cabin. And that is good news for the unified forces taking on Negan, as well as viewers ready to watch the fan favorite kick ass and take names when The Walking Dead returns on Oct. 22. It was a season of solitude for Melissa McBride last year as she was separated from her fellow actors while Carol quarantined herself to deal with her Morgan-influenced aversion to killing. But McBride is back in the fight in season 8, and the actress couldn’t be happier about it.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why don’t we just start by talking about where Carol’s head is as we move into season 8. Obviously, she was trying to distance herself from everybody so she wouldn’t have to keep killing, but now she’s been pressed back into duty. How is she handling that?
MELISSA McBRIDE:
I think given the rise of Negan and all the horrible things that she survived since she left, she’s, she does feel a call to duty, and that’s the idea that her family never left. She just went off to save herself, but she knows she’s got to fight and she knows what that means to her. She laid it out for Daryl when he came to her cottage that she’s running a risk of losing herself in the fight, but it’s worth it to her. And I think we’ll see she’s going to fight the conflict in her mind, it’s going to be alive there too. There’s just no way getting around that — if she comes to terms with it. We’ll see.

Does she at this point consider herself an Alexandrian still? Does she now consider herself a member of the Kingdom? Or is it neither or both?
Oh, I think it’s both. They’re coming together to fight this one horrible enemy. She’s still got her family that she started out with. They’re all very special to her and now these new factions are moving in and she’s developing relationships with the Kingdom and they’re good people. Good versus bad, that’s what’s so compelling about this is because everybody’s just trying to survive. And where do you make that distinction that we’re all doing nasty, ugly things in an effort to survive, but everybody thinks they’re right? Even Negan. He’s like. “I’m doing it for these people and they can’t do it. They’d be lost without me.” It’s very compelling on that level and I am enjoying season 8, I’ve got to say.

I remember talking to Lennie James and Norman Reedus, who were very open in their complaining about being separated from other folks last season. Is it nice to be back working with the group and with people you didn’t get to see a lot of last year?
Oh, yeah. This is like back in the old days, you know? This is what I was yearning for last year. I mean, I totally understood — we’ve got stories to develop and we’ve got an arc to get over, and we’ve got to prepare and set up a stage for this war to come. But boy, it was nerve-racking. I guess it kind of helped a little bit too, in Carol’s need for solitude, just to get away, but also the conflict of getting away from the people that you really are concerned about even though you’re being eaten alive by the circumstances. I mean, I enjoy the conflict of the show, but being separated was just nerve-racking. I couldn’t wait to see where this was going and when we’re all going to get together again.

So how would you say season 8 is different from 7 in terms of what we’re going to see on screen?
There is a lot of action. There is so much action. Carol’s armed. She’s blowing things up, so cover your ears!

Old 09-16-2017, 08:18 PM   #864
KevTravels
Side-Kick

will we ever see the end of The Talking Dead?

Old 09-17-2017, 10:30 PM   #865
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: Danai Gurira promises a 'deeply different' season premiere

Quote:
Last year’s season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead was brutal. Brutal for the characters, brutal for the actors, and brutal for the viewers as Glenn and Abraham were executed in graphic fashion. But as Danai Gurira — whose Michonne experienced an almost-as-bloody season finale — reports to EW, fans do not have to worry about a retreat to that deep, dark place when season 8 kicks off on Oct, 22

“We don’t tend to tread the same ground twice,” says Gurira. “It is a deeply different season premiere — deeply, deeply different and unpredictable and very, very rich in the story that’s being told and powerfully acted and all of that.”

According to Gurira, if you think you know what’s coming up for the show’s return, think again. “That’s what’s amazing about the writers of the show, is that they don’t tread the same ground. So you can’t be prepared for it. If you thought, ‘Well, I’ve seen this, I’ve seen that, so I can be prepared for what’s coming next’ — no, you can’t. You won’t be prepared.”

Gurira says the cast has been bowled over not just by the premiere — which also happens to be the show’s landmark 100th episode — but everything they have seen so far of season 8. “It’s like nothing before,” gushes the star. “We’ve all been knocked clear off our feet, and there’s just so many ways everybody’s story is expanded and deepened and sharpened. And the clashes that we’re in take turns no one’s going to expect. And at the same time, it remains palpably human, you know?”

The actress/playwright adds that when all is said and done, it’s not just the cast that will have been amazed. “It’s definitely a season that is going to knock everyone off their feet,” she says. “That, I can guarantee you.”

There you have it, the Danai Gurira guarantee! Now we just have to wait until Oct. 22 to make sure it’s as good as gold.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:09 AM   #866
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

I have some serious catching up to do. Did the Negan stuff ever actually pick up? Yes...JDM was awesome, but I didn't find the Negan stuff nearly as interesting as I'd hoped I was gonna. I pretty much stopped watching when they got Daryl back, and the communities decided to stop taking Negan's ****. Does it pick up, or is it pretty much more of the same?

Old 09-18-2017, 09:25 AM   #867
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

It didn't do much for me. Don't feel like you"re missing a whole lot.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #868
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
It didn't do much for me. Don't feel like you"re missing a whole lot.
Well...****ola...

Old 09-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #869
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The cast and crew are claiming Season 8 will pick up, but I honestly believe they're going stretch this "All Out War" arc thin with it being another 16 episode season.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #870
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: Maggie will not give birth in season 8

Quote:
Remember when Maggie on The Walking Dead announced she was pregnant? Doesn’t that seem like forever ago? That’s because it kind of was. But also, in another way, it kind of wasn’t. Allow me to explain.

Maggie (played by Lauren Cohan) first revealed she was with child back in 2015 during the first half of season 6. Yet, still, no baby. Not only that, but when I asked showrunner Scott M. Gimple whether we should expect Maggie to give birth in the upcoming season 8 (which premieres on Oct. 22), he was pretty blunt in his reply. “We shouldn’t,” replied Gimple.

What gives? For how long can this woman actually be pregnant? Well, if you take a look at the timeline of the show, it has actually not been all that long. The on-screen timeline of events for season 7 was actually only 19 days, according to co-executive producer Denise Huth on the most recent Blu-ray release, and Gimple tells EW that season 8 picks up just a few days after that — meaning Maggie still has a way to go before her and Glenn’s child arrives. “It’s quite early in, as it was in the book,” says showrunner Gimple about the pregnancy.

So Gimple says that unless something radical changes in the last two months of filming, that there will be no birth, meaning a span of over two-and-a-half seasons from when we found out Maggie was carrying. But because of the show’s considerably slowed down timeline, the character is not even at the point of showing yet. “I always want to put a little ticker tape along the bottom of the episode saying how far into the apocalypse and into the pregnancy we are,” laughs Cohan. “Because I’m playing newly pregnant for a really long time. But the truth of the matter is, it’s only been a matter of weeks since Negan killed Glenn.”

Of course, there’s also that possible time jump to consider. We saw a scene of an older Rick with a bedside cane in the season 8 trailer that seems to mirror a time jump that takes place in the comic book on which the show is based. But that time jump in the comic takes place after the war with Negan, and the war on TV is just starting, so who knows what really is going on there.

If The Walking Dead is going to go all Lost-style and give us some flash-forwards that happen simultaneously with the current timeline, then it is entirely possible we will see future Maggie with her child in season 8 without seeing her actually give birth. Regardless, Cohan also says there is no need to worry about Maggie slowing down to protect her unborn baby, and that she’ll be out there on the front lines whenever necessary.

“She’s in a mindset of doing everything she can to inspire at Hilltop and to inspire the people that she’s encouraged to join the forces,” says Cohan. “The symbolism of her being with her troops is really essential. And she needs to inspire confidence not just in the Hilltoppers, but in Rick and Daryl and Ezekiel, and to be somewhat fearless and say, I have this group’s strength on my side and that’s what’s going to keep me safe, and so I’m not afraid to go up to a reasonable point with you all to set this plan in motion and really fine-tune the wild bunch planning. So she does that, and I think, honestly, she does that to instill the confidence in herself that this will work and it’s pretty reasonable.”

Cohan also points out that a pregnancy is not as limiting physically as some may think, as she learned while watching others work out at her gym. “There’s an amazing amount that you can do,” she says. “The place I work out is a testament to this. I do a pretty crazy workout, and there are women there up to the end of their third trimester doing the same thing. They say that in pregnancy you can operate on a physical level to the same that you have been. You don’t want to up it once you’re pregnant, but you can continue on the same pattern, and she’s been living in this type of a world and this type of combat for a really long time.”

Bottom line: Expect to see plenty of badass Maggie Rhee in season 8. “Of course, the life in her body is precious,” says Cohan. “But in terms of what she’s capable of, the necessity of inspiring and maintaining that hope and inspiration is greater than what her fear is over her reservations of going into combat again.”
Gimple already revealed this bit of information on that Talking Dead Season 8 Preview Special last Sunday.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:10 PM   #871
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
I have some serious catching up to do. Did the Negan stuff ever actually pick up? Yes...JDM was awesome, but I didn't find the Negan stuff nearly as interesting as I'd hoped I was gonna. I pretty much stopped watching when they got Daryl back, and the communities decided to stop taking Negan's ****. Does it pick up, or is it pretty much more of the same?
Even as a big fan of the show, seaso 7 was a huge let down and felt like a slog to get through.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Wonder Woman-9(6)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(7)It-8(8)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(9)John Wick 2-8(10)Split-8(11)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(12)Alien Covenant-7(13)Ghost In The Shell-7(14)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(15)The Dark Tower-4(16)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #872
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

15 NEW PHOTOS OF THE WALKING DEAD: SEASON 8 PROMISE 'ALL OUT WAR'

Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM   #873
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Post Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12