Watchful Protector

Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread

^ hah. maybe it is a guy thing.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:07 AM   #677
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

As long as the change of hair color does not change who Kara is within I don't care...

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #678
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
As long as the change of hair color does not change who Kara is within I don't care...
See, it's a 'guy thing..'

We want our blondes to be blondes. Especially if we've had a crush on them at some point. Or if they have just always been a certain hair color.

Personally, I would like Kara to be tow-headed, but I'll take the dark blonde look if that's all we'll get.

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #679
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Also, awesome news to hear that my FAV super is going to a focus across all four shows!! WOOT WOOT!!

Also nice to get back to the sisterly dynamic. Although, that too can get old, especially if they start making st**f up for drama. Plus, neither of them are nuns. They are not those kind of Sisters and do have relationships.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:37 PM   #680
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
See, it's a 'guy thing..'

We want our blondes to be blondes. Especially if we've had a crush on them at some point. Or if they have just always been a certain hair color.

Personally, I would like Kara to be tow-headed, but I'll take the dark blonde look if that's all we'll get.
Hmmmm....bleached looking blondes are very plastic to me, I'm glad they have gone with the more natural look. AND since they have not made her bleached blond in the TV series, it would look really strange if suddenly she is blindingly blond.

It would remind me of Sue Storm in the 2nd Fantastic Four movie, my god she looked like a freak....

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #681
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Not just on girls - I thought Thor looked ridiculous with his obviously bleached-blonde hair, eye brows and beard in the first movie. His hair looked MUCH better and more natural in TDW, imo.

So yes, I enjoy the more natural look they've gone for with Kara so far. My mom (who IS a natural blonde) is still in shock from when I told her Melissa's naturally a brunette, lol. She thought at most they might have given her highlights on the show.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:45 PM   #682
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Not just on girls - I thought Thor looked ridiculous with his obviously bleached-blonde hair, eye brows and beard in the first movie. His hair looked MUCH better and more natural in TDW, imo.

So yes, I enjoy the more natural look they've gone for with Kara so far. My mom (who IS a natural blonde) is still in shock from when I told her Melissa's naturally a brunette, lol. She thought at most they might have given her highlights on the show.
Exactly...

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-11-2017, 09:09 PM   #683
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

New promo:

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #684
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Wow, really blonde there. I like!

Old 09-13-2017, 10:21 PM   #685
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/13/supergir...lowe-season-3/

Quote:
Chad Lowe will be pulling double duty on Supergirl this season. EW has learned exclusively that Lowe will guest star in the third season’s forth episode, and also direct a separate hour.
The Emmy-winning actor, who most recently starred on Pretty Little Liars, will appear in the episode aptly titled “The Faithful.” He’ll play Thomas Coville, a charismatic religious leader with a surprising connection to Supergirl — his cult basically worships the Girl of Steel. He’s a deeply spiritual man, committed to preaching his faith and transforming his followers’ lives.
Lowe — who has previously directed episodes of PLL, Bones and Brothers & Sisters — will helm the seventh episode, which is titled “Wake Up.”
I like the idea of this cult storyline. Feels like something that hasn't been done in the other Arrowverse shows...I think?

Fun Fact: Not Chad Lowe's 1st foray into the DC Universe, as he also voiced Captain Marvel/Shazam on Young Justice.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Last edited by flickchick85; 09-13-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:46 PM   #686
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Yeah, apparently she stops a girl from committing suicide and that leads the girl to some kind of support group where people share how Supergirl Save them and that leads to some kind of cult or something

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-13-2017, 10:51 PM   #687
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Ooh I like the sound of that.

^That immediately comes to mind, from my favorite comic ever. Something like that but w/ Supergirl would be A+ for me.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:33 PM   #688
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Looks like they're throwing Primal a bone :

Quote:
As of now, she’s still wearing the same super suit. However, we will see Kara in something new, even if it’s not permanent, later this season. “There is a different suit that I will be wearing at some point this season, but I won’t tell you when or to what capacity,” Melissa Benoist says. “It’s cool, though.”
http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/14/spoiler-...her-supergirl/

Maybe it's a Legion thing?

Also, a bit more info on Reign:

Quote:
"Her name is Samantha and she’s a single mom, and she has no idea that she is Reign; she has no idea that she was the baby in the pod at the end of last season, so the journey that she takes this season is watching her realize her heritage and see how it manifests.”

Samantha’s transformation into Reign will really speak to the show’s theme this year. “The thing that everybody is struggling with on Supergirl this season is What does it mean to be human?” Kreisberg says, stressing that Supergirl needed to shake things up with its choice of big bad. “I’m not only competing with myself on Supergirl, but I’m competing with myself on all the other shows that I’ve done, and by that I mean I don’t want to repeat what I’ve done on Supergirl, nor do I want to repeat what I’ve done on Arrow and Flash.”

“Usually on these shows,” Kreisberg continues, “you either meet the big bad at the end of episode 1 or you meet them at episode 7 or 9, and you realize that they’ve been pulling the strings the whole time, and were out there working with their multi-year plan to take down the heroes or destroy the city. When we were figuring out Reign, one thing we’ve never really seen on any of these shows is we’ve never seen the big bad become the big bad.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/14/supergir...on-3-spoilers/

Last edited by flickchick85; 09-14-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:45 PM   #689
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Quote:

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:47 PM   #690
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

^Ah, UPN Veronica. Back when it was good.

Also, I feel like Kreisberg is forgetting Slade Wilson. We saw his "journey" to becoming the big bad, and it was ultimately pretty stupid. Hopefully Reign's is a little more convincing.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:48 PM   #691
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

They ruined Slades whole thing by making it into a stupid love triangle.

I am still wincing at the thought of Reign being a mother but hopefully they write it well.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #692
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

That was when I knew I was done with Arrow, lol.

So far it kinda sounds like she's Reign-in-name-only, but I'm open to seeing how they handle it. Hopefully the kid isn't just there as a plot device to turn her evil when something happens to her. That's a boring, soapy motivation for a character who was actually psychologically pretty interesting in the comics.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #693
misslane38
Side-Kick

Sure, on the Berlanti DCTV shows they haven't done a story like Reign's, but it sure sounds a lot like Smallville's Davis Bloome is Doomsday arc from its eighth season.

misslane38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #694
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Quote:
That was when I knew I was done with Arrow, lol.

So far it kinda sounds like she's Reign-in-name-only, but I'm open to seeing how they handle it. Hopefully the kid isn't just there as a plot device to turn her evil when something happens to her. That's a boring, soapy motivation for a character who was actually psychologically pretty interesting in the comics.
Im still hoping that the kid turns out to be fake or something lol. Maybe she's a robot or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
Sure, on the Berlanti DCTV shows they haven't done a story like Reign's, but it sure sounds a lot like Smallville's Davis Bloome is Doomsday arc from its eighth season.

Ah Smallville...they really got creative when adapting Supes bigger enemies...

Old 09-14-2017, 07:55 PM   #695
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah it does remind me of Davis Bloome, too. Hopefully it won't be a Jekyll/Hyde type of thing like that was, though.

LOL, the kid being fake would be an interesting twist. If she doesn't know the kid's fake - like if it was part of an experiment or something - and she finds out, that could be a bit brutal. Kinda like what Leoben did to Starbuck in BSG S3.

Last edited by flickchick85; 09-14-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:28 PM   #696
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Maybe it's a Legion thing?

Also, a bit more info on Reign:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/14/supergir...on-3-spoilers/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Red Lantern Supergirl?

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-14-2017, 08:31 PM   #697
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I'd love that, but considering the mythology involved with that and they have yet to even acknowledge the GREEN Lanterns in this universe, that seems highly unlikely, imo.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #698
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

That would be a great storyline.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #699
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

The Red Lanterns can be an introduction to the Green Lanterns. Somehow Supergirl gets a Red Lantern ring, which would have to be very convincing since we see none of the angst that 52 Supergirl experienced in order to go that way, then the GLs show up to help cure her.

As to a new (temp) suit, I wonder what it is? Could she be in the New52 suit just for one EP?

And I'm not reading anything about Reign. I want to know it when I see it.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:30 PM   #700
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
The Red Lanterns can be an introduction to the Green Lanterns. Somehow Supergirl gets a Red Lantern ring, which would have to be very convincing since we see none of the angst that 52 Supergirl experienced in order to go that way, then the GLs show up to help cure her.

As to a new (temp) suit, I wonder what it is? Could she be in the New52 suit just for one EP?

And I'm not reading anything about Reign. I want to know it when I see it.
We will try to keep Reign spoiler free, but I can't guarantee it.....so be careful what you read.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~