The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 03-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #326
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

I was going to get a Wii U, but I just wasn't sure about the life on the thing.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #327
Travesty
TEOL

I'm keeping my Wii U. I still play Smash and Mario Maker pretty regularly.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #328
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
at this point you might as well get a Switch. Nintendo stopped manufacturing the Wii U's last fall so finding a new one is kind of hard. Second hand ones seem to be overpriced from a quick search on Amazon.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #329
Sithborg
Form... Voltron?

Unless they re-release Bayonetta 2 on the Switch, I am keeping mine.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #330
Joe Von Zombie
Unite the Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
My Wii U is a tank and if you love Zelda, you can most of them on that device. Its a good time.

There is a huge difference between "I want to honor my loved ones" and "I hate criminals, and want to punish them".

That difference is called "Batman".- The Guard

Last edited by Joe Von Zombie; 03-24-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Joe Von Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:04 PM   #331
Travesty
TEOL

Ha, I found one in Target. Setting up now. It'll be fun replaying from the beginning.

I can't find a Pro Controller, though. I'm getting sick of scalpers taking everything Nintendo related, and jacking up the price. A controller...really?

Old 03-24-2017, 03:05 PM   #332
Matt Mortem
Civilization is on Fire

The Splatoon Test Fire just ended. It'll be back up tonight and tomorrow. It's fun. Feels just like Splatoon. The music is a little less energetic I feel than the full game, but it could be place holder tunes. The game itself looks gorgeous and even more so in handheld mode I feel. I think Nintendo will have another huge hit with Splatoon 2.

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #333
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
The Splatoon Test Fire just ended. It'll be back up tonight and tomorrow. It's fun. Feels just like Splatoon. The music is a little less energetic I feel than the full game, but it could be place holder tunes. The game itself looks gorgeous and even more so in handheld mode I feel. I think Nintendo will have another huge hit with Splatoon 2.
Cool.

So far the games I'm getting for Christmas along with the Switch are Legend of Zelda, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart, and Super Mario Odyssey.

4 games are more than enough.

Limonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #334
Matt Mortem
Civilization is on Fire

I hope we get some third party announcements at E3 for the Switch. Specifically, I want From to confirm Dark Souls for Switch. I think that'll be an interesting game for the system. I'm also interested to see if Nintendo has a new Animal Crossing in the pipeline. I'm just salivating for E3 this year.

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:47 PM   #335
Travesty
TEOL

So I'm not sure how I feel about this Pro Controller? I've used the Wii U's for so long, that it definitely feels different. I like the stick placements better on the Switch, but I'm not sure how I feel about the Dpad. It kinda feels cheap. I do like the big face buttons, and the sticks have a good feel/resistance to them. The grip of the controller feels great, but I do miss that 80hrs battery life from the Wii U's.

I'm still feeling it out. Not a bad controller, but I guess I have to get used to it.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:52 PM   #336
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

My Switch will be here on Monday, but Zelda won't be here til Wednesday... Should I just cancel Zelda and buy it from a nearby store?

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:55 PM   #337
Travesty
TEOL

Yes, just go buy it tomorrow, so you have it when your Switch comes.

The game is amazing.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:57 PM   #338
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

But I got it for $3 cheaper!

Crap Amazon won't let me cancel it because it's bundled with my Switch order... Meaning I would have to cancel the entire thing and start again.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:05 PM   #339
Travesty
TEOL

Buy it at a store like Walmart or Bestbuy(keep your receipt), when your Switch comes in, you can play. But when the game comes in on Wed, you can take that copy back to the store you bought it from. That way, you can play early.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:38 PM   #340
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Make some moves, we know they'll go fast.

Nintendo Switch has enjoyed a very successful launch, pacing to sell even more than the Wii if momentum keeps up. With such momentum, and being a Nintendo product, everyone knows that supplies are limited and the Switch will be hard to find in stores for a while to come. That is, except for Toys R Us today, March 24.
Toys R Us has received new shipments of Nintendo Switch that goes on shelves today. Most likely they'll be sold right away, as Nintendo products tend to do at launch. A Toys R Us representative told shoppers to get to their local store early because units are expected to "Fly off shelves."
Nintendo met their half-way goal for the first month's sales on Switch in 11 days. Check out our review of the Nintendo Switch here.
[Via Gamespot]

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
NINTENDO SWITCH

also with

GameStop Says It Is Still Seeing An “Incredibly Strong” Demand For The Nintendo Switch. March 24, 2017 . 8:30am

In addition to the high demand for the Switch, the system is doing very well in the software department, with Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild doing particularly well with nearly a one-to-one attach rate.

39 comments Read >

Quote:

The Nintendo Switch released three weeks ago, and GameStop’s COO Tony Bartel says they retailer is still seeing “incredibly strong” demand for the new console. [Thanks, GamaSutra.]

“The demand is incredibly strong for this,” Bartel said of the Switch. “As soon as we get it into our stores, it’s out within hours. So we anticipate we’re going to be chasing supply this entire year.”

In addition to the high demand for the Switch, Bartel also noted that the system is doing very well in the software department, with Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild doing particularly well with nearly a one-to-one attach rate.
“The other thing is, every game that’s out there, to have over a five and a half attach rate to this, signifies that a lot of people are finding this a great platform and they’re picking up any games that they can. I mean, we have almost a one-to-one attach of Zelda.”
Read more stories about Nintendo Switch & The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild & Wii U on Siliconera.

And lastly

Nintendo’s Treehouse Log Has Started Over On Tumblr. March 24, 2017 . 9:30am

According to Nintendo’s Bill Trinen, the Log will “offer insight into games and franchises you love, presented from a unique Treehouse perspective.”

12 comments Read >

Quote:

Nintendo of America’s Treehouse group, a division of the company responsible for translating many titles into English, has been casting aside its reclusive reputation over the years, participating in live streams and events. Now the group has branched out further to other aspects of social media with the recent opening of its new Treehouse Log over on Tumblr.

According to Nintendo’s Bill Trinen, the Log will “offer insight into games and franchises you love, presented from a unique Treehouse perspective.”

Here’s more on the Log from Trinen:
“I realize that we can’t yet really say with certainty what exactly the Nintendo Treehouse Log will become. What I can say is that it will be a place where we’ll post content periodically, rather than on a set schedule. The content will offer insight into games and franchises you love, presented from a unique Treehouse perspective. We may not cover every game or every IP, and we won’t pull the curtain all the way back, but our hope is that the Nintendo Treehouse Log will evolve into something fans will enjoy”.

In addition, you can visit the Treehouse Log on Tumblr here.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo Treehouse on Siliconera.

Siliconera & http://www.gamezone.com/

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:18 AM   #341
zenith16
Side-Kick

15:07

Nintendo Switch Indies Round-up - Electric Playground Interview
457 views9 hours ago
Published on 24 Mar 2017
Nintendo is planning to bring loads of indie games to the Nintendo Switch thanks to their Nindies initiative. Jose catches up with Nintendo of America's Damon Baker for a closer look at the launch-window titles, including:

Graceful Explosion Machine
Shakedown Hawaii
Mr. Shifty
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
Flipping Death
Tumbleseed
Pocket Rumble
Snake Pass
Celeste
SteamWorld Dig 2
Blaster Master Zero

Also with

1:25:16

Season 27 Begins Now! - Vic's Basement LIVE - Electric Playground

• 1,960 views4 hours ago

Streamed live 6 hours ago
THE RUNDOWN IS BACK! Starting Monday, March 27, The Rundown returns to the channel. Monday-Friday at 3pm, expect a brand new episode!

Victor Lucas reviews CHiPs starring Dax Shepard and Michael Pena and Vincent D'Onofrio, he discusses his plans for traveling with the Nintendo Switch and he recaps his visit with Square-Enix and his look at Nier Automata, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest Heroes II, Final Fantasy XII and the Gladiolus DLC for FFXV!

Vic also reflects on the exploits of EPN over the last year and discusses what the future holds for the programming!

source:EPN.tv

Old 03-25-2017, 06:00 AM   #342
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Buy it at a store like Walmart or Bestbuy(keep your receipt), when your Switch comes in, you can play. But when the game comes in on Wed, you can take that copy back to the store you bought it from. That way, you can play early.
It's okay now. I was able to cancel Zelda once the b Switch shipped.

Old Today, 01:12 AM   #343
zenith16
Side-Kick

Reggie Fils-Aime Says Nintendo Has Big Plans For This year’s E3 . March 26, 2017 . 1:30pm

He also mentioned that titles for the Switch and the Nintendo 3DS will be featured prominently.

54 comments Read >

Quote:

During last year’s E3, Nintendo’s presence wasn’t as notable as previous years’, with no pre-recorded presentation and with Zelda: Breath of the Wild being its only playable game. However, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has said that fans will have something to look forward to with this year’s E3. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

In a new statement from Nintendo of America, Reggie noted that the upcoming E3 is going to be “big” for the company, and that they will be “showcasing a variety of games” at the event. He also mentioned that titles for the Switch and the Nintendo 3DS will be featured prominently.

Here’s a look at Reggie’s full statement regarding E3:
“E3 is always a big time for Nintendo. We look at each E3 as a unique opportunity to tell our story. And we’re gonna have a big E3 this year. We’re going to be showcasing a variety of games. We will have experiences for… consumers will be able to attend the show for the very first time. So I’m not gonna tell you all of the various games and all of our little secrets for E3, but I can tell you that E3 is going to be a major opportunity for us to showcase not only Nintendo Switch, but also content coming to Nintendo 3DS.”
Read more stories about Nintendo on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera